my iron trajectory is really high

sleepysleepy Members Posts: 166
losing alot of distance
I've been playing the J33 CB with Dynamic Gold R300 for about a months now and the ball goes really high and die. I played the Mizuno T-Zoid Pro2 Rifle 5.0 before and the ball was still high but still a little longer. I do have a problem with casting/early releasing when I try to swing too hard with my arms but it seems like the only time I hit a penetrating flight is when I catch it low on the face. 3iron=195 6iron=155 9iron=115

Comments

• IMAGOLFERIMAGOLFER Charter Members Posts: 1,302 ✭✭
    Sounds to me like you are letting the clubhead get ahead of your hands at impact and adding loft to your irons. The DGR300 should be lower ball flight than your Rifles. Try holding on to your wrist **** for as long as possible on the downswing.
  • taylormadefantaylormadefan Members, ClubWRX Posts: 3,649 ✭✭
    A 195 yard carry with a 3 iron ain't no joke.

As IMAGOLFER said, it sounds like you're scooping the short irons. I'd take a lesson before making any drastic equipment changes.
  • sleepysleepy Members Posts: 166
    IMAGOLFER wrote on May 16 2006, 03:53 PM:

Sounds to me like you are letting the clubhead get ahead of your hands at impact and adding loft to your irons. The DGR300 should be lower ball flight than your Rifles. Try holding on to your wrist **** for as long as possible on the downswing.

Just watched my swing I just recorded on my camera and you are absolutely correct. I'm starting to play alot these days so I started with some new irons and refining my swing. I'm definetely letting the clubhead get past my hands at impact when I took some practice swings with my 7iron. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll start practicing holding my wrist hinge longer now.