2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

David Orr recently did a podcast with Tim Briand from true spec and he talked a lot about how heavier heads have become an unfortunate crutch for poor putting and control. I tend to agree and we have certainly got this feed back on the blade, particularly from pros and good players. Not so much the mallet. Future iterations of the blade will likely be lighter.

Sam,

I bought 1 2.1T and 2 Blad.2s from your Ebay outlet. Your Reno people are great to deal with. Very responsive and helpful in terms of getting me what I wanted to try. The first Blad I bought had the quad grip and for some reason I've had a very difficult time getting the putter set up consistently. I was in a PGA Superstore and tried out a Blad.2 with the 1.5 grip and saw an immediate difference in how easily I could get the putter set up. This prompted the purchase of the second Blad.2 from your outlet. Bottom line: I like both very much but prefer the 2.1. I like the balance of the putter and the process of aligning where the shaft enters the head with my belt buckle has allowed me to improve my posture and provide a measure of consistency in setting up to the putt. I'm a big fan of the Presse offset grips. Love the feel of the 2.1. Ball rolls great.

Thanks for doing the promo with WRX as it opened my eyes to just how good your putters are. The back and forth of this thread has been very helpful.

I will pass the kinds words on to the guys in Reno. The team is passionate about what they do. Nice to hear that it shows. I tend to agree about the putters. I love the blade. I love to look at it and practice with it. I even make better strokes with it on various testing platforms but I just seem to have more belief and confidence in my 2.1. It was pretty hot yesterday! 25 putts! I have a bunch of them obvioulsy (one of the sweet luxuries of being a part of the company) different shafts and lines and colors and grips and what not. Right now I am actually settle on the one that I bought before I had anything to do with the company. Its a Reno 2.0. Milled lines that blind me in the sun. Clunky felling. Heavy. But I think the nostalgia is giving me some warm fuzzies. Keep us posted on your progress!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rolled my cousins blad last week... it’s definitely a good putter... I’ll probably pull the trigger when my golf hoard recovers.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I just got mine in the mail. The biggest thing I am noticing is less grip pressure the better it rolls. I also am having a bit of trouble lining it up but then again I have just carpet putted with it and we do have two young crumb droppers that make the putts do odd things. However, even in the short time I have had it, I definitely think it will be great and going to put it into play immediately in a tournament this Sunday.

Try practicing with your thumbs OFF the putter for a few strokes, and then lay them back on very gently. Yes, lite grip pressure works best on these putters, let it do its magic...

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken almost a year, one stolen putter and a lot of practice to finally say I love putting again. 

The DF2.1 is the real deal.  I've always known I can read greens but hitting my lines has always been a challenge since I abandoned my belly putter.

All the videos you see of Sam on social media are true.  Off center strikes will still follow your line.  The putter does not influence any movement. Just put a good stroke on it and you will get the ball close. 

My most recent experience with this putter was carding a 4 over 76 with 26 putts, 10 one putts totaling over 100 feet. No 3 putts.  The DF isn't the prettiest to look at but the design is so easy to line up. 

Want to feel like a tour pro and feel like you will make any putt. This putter is for you. The confidence that you will gain from making a putts will carry over into other parts of your game.  I find myself not stressing 100 yards and in because I feel like I can give any putt a run at the hole.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMagicStinger said:

It's taken almost a year, one stolen putter and a lot of practice to finally say I love putting again. 

The DF2.1 is the real deal.  I've always known I can read greens but hitting my lines has always been a challenge since I abandoned my belly putter.

All the videos you see of Sam on social media are true.  Off center strikes will still follow your line.  The putter does not influence any movement. Just put a good stroke on it and you will get the ball close. 

My most recent experience with this putter was carding a 4 over 76 with 26 putts, 10 one putts totaling over 100 feet. No 3 putts.  The DF isn't the prettiest to look at but the design is so easy to line up. 

Want to feel like a tour pro and feel like you will make any putt. This putter is for you. The confidence that you will gain from making a putts will carry over into other parts of your game.  I find myself not stressing 100 yards and in because I feel like I can give any putt a run at the hole.

So glad its working for you!! Keep us posted on progress!

Have had my DF 2.1 in the bag for almost 3 weeks.... it is hands down the best putter I have ever used. Customer service at LAB was outstanding- I worked with Matt who was terrific. The putter came about 2 weeks or so after I ordered it. At baseline, I am a mediocre putter.... I seldom 3 putt, but almost never one putt outside of 5 or so feet- the net result of that is not many birdies. So that's why, after much research, and hitting some at the PGA tour superstore here in Austin, I decided to give it a go.

The look of the putter doesn't bother me at all, although I have putted with some other non conventional putters (Nike Method red and black belly putter years back). I took much of the advice I read on this forum- longer stroke, lighter grip pressure, ball a bit forward.... and I have been rolling in many more putts than I thought I could. What I have found is that alignment is much easier with this putter than any other- it is just easier for me to start it on line. I love the weight and balance of the putter also, and it rolls really well. I know some have had problems to start with lag putting- that has not been the case for me- though that has always been a strength of mine. I do think a longer stroke is beneficial in this area. I will say that the grip pressure piece was a fine line for me- I have found that using a little Rickie Fowler move (hovering the putter just off the ground) gives me the right pressure with the DF- that's probably just me.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say except I absolutely love this putter- it has changed my attitude toward putting- I now stand over a 15 footer feeling like it is going to go in, which was literally never the case for me.  And that is reflected in results- I make many more 6-20 footers every single round.

Thanks LAB golf for a truly terrific and innovative product!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, GMac-ATX said:

Have had my DF 2.1 in the bag for almost 3 weeks.... it is hands down the best putter I have ever used. Customer service at LAB was outstanding- I worked with Matt who was terrific. The putter came about 2 weeks or so after I ordered it. At baseline, I am a mediocre putter.... I seldom 3 putt, but almost never one putt outside of 5 or so feet- the net result of that is not many birdies. So that's why, after much research, and hitting some at the PGA tour superstore here in Austin, I decided to give it a go.

The look of the putter doesn't bother me at all, although I have putted with some other non conventional putters (Nike Method red and black belly putter years back). I took much of the advice I read on this forum- longer stroke, lighter grip pressure, ball a bit forward.... and I have been rolling in many more putts than I thought I could. What I have found is that alignment is much easier with this putter than any other- it is just easier for me to start it on line. I love the weight and balance of the putter also, and it rolls really well. I know some have had problems to start with lag putting- that has not been the case for me- though that has always been a strength of mine. I do think a longer stroke is beneficial in this area. I will say that the grip pressure piece was a fine line for me- I have found that using a little Rickie Fowler move (hovering the putter just off the ground) gives me the right pressure with the DF- that's probably just me.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say except I absolutely love this putter- it has changed my attitude toward putting- I now stand over a 15 footer feeling like it is going to go in, which was literally never the case for me.  And that is reflected in results- I make many more 6-20 footers every single round.

Thanks LAB golf for a truly terrific and innovative product!

Hell Yeah! I'll pass the kind words on to Matt. Keep us posted!

On 8/26/2020 at 6:05 AM, bjyp said:

Has anyone tried the LAGP shaft? Wondering if it’s worth the premium!

I like it quite a bit. I use it in my broomstick. I like it in the B.2 in particular. Its great in the mallet too if the length is over 34.5. We don't have control over swingweight with the LAGP so the shorter ones tend to come out a little light.

Finally found a used Blad2 in my specs (I think), now to play the waiting game and hope it shows up before it's winter in Canada.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Finally found a used Blad2 in my specs (I think), now to play the waiting game and hope it shows up before it's winter in Canada.

Why do you say "in my specs (I think)" ?  Didn't you send in a remote fitting video to labgolf, so they could tell you their best determination of what spec will work with your putting stroke?

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

10 minutes ago, 5baytjd said:

Why do you say "in my specs (I think)" ?  Didn't you send in a remote fitting video to labgolf, so they could tell you their best determination of what spec will work with your putting stroke?

Going off my specs from a traditional fitting not a labgolf fitting. This is more just trial for looks and feel more than anything else. If I don't like it then I can get my money back by selling it. If it like it then I keep it or get a labgolf fitting done and then buy a properly spec'd one. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

@labgolf I played my best round ever yesterday. Shot 72 (even) with 22 putts, 6 birdies with a 4 straight birdie stretch. 

I did putt from off the green a few of times but, by the letter of the law, 22 putts. 9 one-putts. 

There’s nothing that’s easier to putt with than the DF 2.1 in my opinion. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chetterchez said:

@labgolf I played my best round ever yesterday. Shot 72 (even) with 22 putts, 6 birdies with a 4 straight birdie stretch. 

I did putt from off the green a few of times but, by the letter of the law, 22 putts. 9 one-putts. 

There’s nothing that’s easier to putt with than the DF 2.1 in my opinion. 

That is some RIDICULOUSLY good putting! I love that the reviews and feedback is like this. with other putters out there, the feedback is, "this thing looks sweet" or "such a nice feel" or whatever. with us its "I'M PUTTING BETTER!!!". Stay locked and keep us posted!

• Like 2

Just picked up my B.2 and honestly didn't realize how small that blade actually is but not really a bad thing for me. Pretty sure I got the right lie because the few putt I took that ball rolled end over end like nothing. Going to roll it for the next week or two before I can get on the course again.

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 9/9/2020 at 10:12 AM, labgolf said:

That is some RIDICULOUSLY good putting! I love that the reviews and feedback is like this. with other putters out there, the feedback is, "this thing looks sweet" or "such a nice feel" or whatever. with us its "I'M PUTTING BETTER!!!". Stay locked and keep us posted!

Sam live in Bend where can I get a fitting? Jared @ Meadow Lakes?

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

Did some more putting on carpet this morning before work and man this thing putts so well. Everything was end over end except when I purposely hit extreme toe and extreme heel shots just to see but the ball still went straight and made it to the hole no problem, same with 1 handed swing just end over end. It swings itself basically, I won't have to worry about making a good stroke just read the putt, line it up and swing. @labgolf you sure this isn't cheating? 

But I will say the one downfall and this is more a personal one is that the Blad is a little firmer and clickier than I prefer but not the worst and I think it can be overlooked if draining putts. I do remember the DF2.1 being softer feeling and sounding and that would have to do with the grooves and just mass in general but I like the small blade footprint. 

Will update when I can get on course again, golf season is quickly coming to and end in Canada. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Double post by accident, delete one. 

Edited by MattM97

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Did some more putting on carpet this morning before work and man this thing putts so well. Everything was end over end except when I purposely hit extreme toe and extreme heel shots just to see but the ball still went straight and made it to the hole no problem, same with 1 handed swing just end over end. It swings itself basically, I won't have to worry about making a good stroke just read the putt, line it up and swing. @labgolf you sure this isn't cheating? 

But I will say the one downfall and this is more a personal one is that the Blad is a little firmer and clickier than I prefer but not the worst and I think it can be overlooked if draining putts. I do remember the DF2.1 being softer feeling and sounding and that would have to do with the grooves and just mass in general but I like the small blade footprint. 

Will update when I can get on course again, golf season is quickly coming to and end in Canada. 

Did you get grooves on your B.2?