GD YS-6+ comparisions

yoo868yoo868 Members Posts: 26
Anyone have any feedback or comparisions with a GD YS-6+ Stiff shaft? I have the opportunity to buy on a J33R 460 head for a good deal. How does it launch and what type of spin does it produce?

I hit the NV 65-S on the same head nad had pretty good #'s (SS 105 mph, ball speed 152 mph, LA 12*, Spin 3000)

The NV felt a little loose, not as controlled as the Grafalloy PL 65-S

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Sam-Tee-TimeSam-Tee-Time Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    The YS-6 shaft rewards SMOOTH swingers, and may be a bit too soft for your liking, especially if you think the NV is "loose". The NV is a fairly stiff tip shaft, and the YS-6 is much, much softer in the tip.

My suggestion would be to re-shaft that club with something stiffer that will react better with your swing. I think the YS-6 may be too noodly for you. Having said that........I LOVE the feel of the YS-6, but it does need to be properly tipped and the right flex for you. It's a shaft more for a smoother swinger.
  • yoo868yoo868 Members Posts: 26
    Any comments on the spin rate produced by the YS-6+ (stiff)? Does this shaft play similar to the NVS 65?

Thanks!
  • hayamhayam Say Yes to KoolAide. Members Posts: 2,053
    I think ys 6 is better than nvs personally. Yes they are pretty close.

without tipping its very high launch high spin. with 2 inch tipping its Mid high launch and mid low spin.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    edited May 16, 2006 #5
    YS-6+ plays closer to NVS-65S than NV-65S or between the NVS & NV.

Per Golfworks.....

NV-65S

weight - 67 grams, bend point - mid\high, tip stiffness - medium\firm, torque - 3.5*, parallel tip section - 3"

NVS-65S

weight - 67 grams, bend point - mid, tip stiffness - medium, torque - 3.6*, parallel tip section - 3"

YS6+

weight - 66 grams, bend point - mid, tip stiffness - medium\firm, torque - 3.5*, parallel tip section - 3.5"

Due to the firmer tip of the YS6+ launch angle and spin rate should be slightly lower than the NVS-65S but higher than the NV.

You mentioned the NV-65 felt loose. If you have a swinger tempo then the NVS or YS-6+ may work for you. If you have more of a hitter tempo then the NVS and YS-6+ may not be good candidates unless heavily tipped.

Edited for cleanup