Bridgestone J33 Combo or J33 Forged CBs

theothertwotheothertwo Members Posts: 2,499 ✭✭
Which set is more forgiving?
Which set do you like better? Do the J33 CBs play easier because the 8-PW are cavity backs instead of muscle backs?

Honma TW 717 460 10.5* Driver
Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
Miura CB 57 Irons  4-PW 
Miura 2018 Tour Wedges 52* and 58*
Pig Anser 2 Vault Platinum Putter

Comments

• steve81steve81 Members Posts: 1,257
    personally, i would go with the cb's. I think the cavities would just give you more confidence than a blade would, but that's just me. Hoping to be in a set of J33 CB's soon!
  • jscwjscw Members Posts: 406
    I'll go for cb, for the forgiveness.

The truth is, I really spent some time to "master" the full swing of my wedges (cg10) which are mb and less room for error.
  • CHRISS1928CHRISS1928 Oh Damn!! Jr. Boomers Posts: 509
    like everyone said before the cb's are definately more forgiving. But the cb's are also workable still and bridgestone makes great stuff so either way i think ur getting a quality iron set!
  • RyunRyun Members Posts: 885
    Well I think it goes both ways. The long to mid irons on the combo set really get up in the air. If you struggle getting height, the combos would work better. On the other hand, it may create some issues if you are already a high ball hitter.

The ball flight is lower with the CBs but the short irons are definitely more consitent on distance with slight mishits than the short irons in the combos. Both are nice sets tho
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    i would make my own combo set with blades and cb's
  • vthokie1157vthokie1157 Members Posts: 653
    the last comment would be the ideal set up i think...but ive heard that the combos are actually more forgiving jsut because the cbs are a total players club
  • hayamhayam Say Yes to KoolAide. Members Posts: 2,053
    CB more forgiving ..

But Combo have better grinds and more fadish .

I can be really happy with both image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • theothertwotheothertwo Members Posts: 2,499 ✭✭
    Thanks to all who replied.
    Honma TW 717 460 10.5* Driver
    Honma TW 727 18* 5 Wood
    Honma TW 727 22* Hybrid
    Miura CB 57 Irons  4-PW 
    Miura 2018 Tour Wedges 52* and 58*
    Pig Anser 2 Vault Platinum Putter
  • awdawd Members Posts: 219
    I was at the PGA show in Orlando. I was told by three reps at Bridgestone, that the J33 combo's were the most forgiving.
  • autisticloveautisticlove Members Posts: 538 ✭✭
    While doing a few demo days this year, I've been asked this same question quite a few times. At first, I was pretty sure the combos were more forgiving, however after a little while I realized that for some folks, the CBs were a little more forgiving and vice versa. Now, when people ask me, I simply say the only way to know is to try them both out with your swing and keep in mind your typical mishits and swing tendencies. I usually hand them both and say, "tell me what you think," because it really boils down to the individual person.

Sorry I couldn't bee more helpful, if you've got any other questions, feel free to ask.

Matt
  • chisagchisag Members Posts: 2,984 ✭✭
    Art wrote on May 16 2006, 01:32 PM:

I was at the PGA show in Orlando. I was told by three reps at Bridgestone, that the J33 combo's were the most forgiving.

... the difference between the combo blades and cb scoring irons are almost non existent. mid irons are close to a draw (slight edge to the combo's) but the long irons are certainly more forgiving in the combo's. i can control the trajectory better with the cb's than i could with the combo's.

... when you gettin a set??? : )
    Cobra F9 Tour Length ... Atmos Blue TS 65s
    Cobra F9 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s
    Tailor-made RBZ Tour 18.5 and 21.5 hybrid ... Matrix Altus 85s
    TaylorMade UDi 18* TP 2 iron... Kuro Kage Black 90hy
    4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
    SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
    Bobby Grace 6330 ... 33.5"