Jumbomax Ultralite

dwb7272

Found the video that talks about the fitting system planned for introduction, around 3 min mark of the video:

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

I have them on ALL of my clubs with the same positive results. I use my 7 iron ( unless I have to go over something ) anytime I am in within 20 - 30 yards of the green. So much more stable with the Jumbomax, just for reference I hold ALL my clubs in the palms of my hands.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

So a comment and question...re my left hand (right hand golfer here) when I grip the club with a JumboMax, I don't even think about a finger or palm grip, it feels like an 'all hand' grip, it just fills the left hand sort of naturally.

JumboMax have styled it as 'finger-palm' but I don't think that is quite right, it is simply an all hand grip?

How do other users feel/describe their grip experience?

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

What are SM's?

Tried Vardon and interlocking, after a week or two of pain realize that I could just ten finger grip. was nervous about it, but immediately was hitting the ball better, less pain, less thinking. Almost a year later (yikes), never going back.

my left thumb rests in right palm, same as past grips

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

Thank-you, that is just the feedback I am after.

When I swapped to the Jumbomax and holding the grip in my palms I never changed my grip, still inter-lock. Never experimented with the Vardon or a Baseball grip.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

So I ordered the Ultrlalite XL as I wear cadet XXL glove-which you can't find anyways

It is HUGE but not to the point of unplayable, especially on driver. I can see me ordering L for most everything else & probably M on just my wedges.

These are quite possibly a game charger due to my psoriatic arthritis hands & wrist

Never thought a grip would make me so excited

• Like 2

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

definite game changer. Relatively Early onset carpal tunnel, these kept me able to play for hours, play in the cold, the rain, etc. otherwise, The amount of grip pressure just so I wouldn’t fling the club was really tough to deal with

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I can say this because I did it and have never looked back. I'm thinking after you play with the XL for a while you'll put them on all of your clubs.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

Put the XL in play today - on driver & 3 hybrid

Driver - XL on driver is staying for now.

Jury still out on my 3h- I did hit a magnificent 2nd into 18 - but otherwise didn't really hit it that well. Think L would be 10x more appropriate - based off 1st time in course

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

Glad the grips are working for you. I've been playing the JUMBOMAX now for over a year. When I hold a club with a regular grip now I think how in the he!! did I ever swing this thing. Also as I've posted on other threads I use the DeChambeau 1-plane swing and hold the grips in my palms. So the XL's for me are perfect.

Anyway good luck with them and hope they work out as well for you as they have for me.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

Try baseball.

I found interlocking and Vardhan completely unnecessary after the grip change.

Although I'm very comfortable with the inter-locking grip I'll try that tomorrow afternoon when I go play. You never know!!!!!!!!!

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

Uodate #2- Suprised to feel some discomfort in my left wrist & pinkie finger. I have psoriasic arthritis pretty bad in my hands, fingers & knuckles.

Don't know if my hand is getting accustomed to swinging the larger size or this is something more worrisome.

Definitely feel un-welcomed pain in my left wrist, hand & last 2 fingers.

I'm a righty for reference - I'm still striking my driver, using the XL extremely well though.

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

I had major pain flareup when switching to the grips, which is why I switched to the 10 finger baseball group. Literally the next day it stopped hurting

Well tried the Baseball Grip yesterday and didn't like it. First off it felt uncomfortable, ( as any grip change would ) and even though my right hand was lowered probably 1/4" at the most it really started to dominate. Started hitting hooks which is something I never do.

As far as any pain when swapping to the XL luckily I've never experienced that. Good luck getting through those issues.

PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 

Yeah, as with any swing change or equipment change I make, it took a couple weeks to get the feel of it. A lot of people don’t like taking that long to try out something, to each their own.I definitely didn’t go lights out the first time I tried it, that’s for sure. I still recommend giving it some time, but good on you for giving it a shot.

The increase in comfort reassured me that it was worth giving it some time to see if I could make it work

• 3 weeks later...

One year in to my jumbomax experience.  I’m an ultra lite XL player it decided to try because I had a problem with my grip. It would get a little loose at the top of my backswing and I would regrip during the down swing it was never right when I got back to impact.  While these grips helped with my problem it has taken a year to get my smooth free flowing swing back.  It has be worth the trip.  I’m down the middle if I want to be, bending shots left or right when I choose those flights.  Distance? I’m as long off the tee as I’ve ever been my irons shots are flighting higher then in the past but so straight sometimes I wonder who it that shot, because it doesn’t look like mine.  The higher flight has me using one more club into the greens but I’ve got a 4i in the bag and I’m not afraid to use it.  Handicap is down from a 28 to 14.  Not saying it’s all the grip I’ve improved my swing and gotten rid swing thoughts over the ball. But having a consistent grip started the process.

Edited by Nebraska
Typos
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Trying one on my new wedge and have a few more coming. Honestly think I may play with the size as i go up the bag. Large i the wedges, medium in irons, and small in the woods. I love to tinker so we will see how it goes. I will say chipping was much easier for me.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-P Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 48

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO