I think it’s ok to discuss flipping....

clinkinfo

No it’s not. Been going on unchecked for FAR too long here. It’s part of what’s changing the BST for the worse.

and don’t discount the clever nature of the first post seemingly to avoid deletion ....didn’t technically comment on price, just referenced the msrp against the sellers “reasons”....priceless

flippers can go be “retail arbitrage” pigs somewhere else IMO. Here’s another:

didn’t realize my *bleep.... where they came From is probably in the list lol

Is the worst part of it the fact that it’s Nike shoes? Nobody bats the proverbial eye when it’s a cameron cover or bag, or something from that Lamb guy. Again, just my two cents, I don’t care what people flip or sell Hell, I’m more annoyed when people ask 10% off full retail on a used shaft on bst haha.

First of all, not a flipper. Ive sold literally 100’s of items on the BST and all but about 5 items I’ve taken a literal bath on. So, your uninformed judgement is well out of line.

Beyond that, the commenters assertion that I bought purely to flip was uncalled for and inappropriate. Why in the hell would I go through the effort of buying my own size if I was only going to flip these? Why would I not just put them immediately on eBay?

The BST is a marketplace where members post all kinds of items and many different price points. I have bought my fair share of items from members above MSRP bc I was unable to get it elsewhere. As the buyer, I have decided that “tax” was worth it. I’m glad the items were available and as an adult, was able to determine if it was fair. If I didn’t, I moved right along.

It seems that this may have something to do with the item, rather than the small mark-up on the item. We see collectible items posted all the time and nobody bats an eye. But for some reason shoes and Masters tickets seem to always be met with the angry mob and torches treatment.

Sorry I offended a few and ruined the BST....

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

It's all good man. Only reason I posted on your ad was just to give you a heads up that they were still in stock, just wanted to give you the correct information. I agree with you, someone will either pay it or not. How hard is it to let it go and go to the next ad if you don't like the price? No reason to bash the price and be jerks.

• Like 1

I couldn’t care less what somebody wants to sell their stuff for and what a buyer will pay. Does not affect my life one bit. Some of you guys spend way too much time policing other people’s actions.

• Like 3

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Agreed. This topic is so cyclical, and can usually find some of the same people going on and whining about it. Its been the "rule" for a while now, get over it and if you are seriously at a loss emotionally for not being able to "help" the community by sharing Ross/Marshall finds......just make a pm network, or email chain or something lol.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Flippers wouldn't exist if people didn't feel so compelled to have a limited edition item. It's like making smaller runs of something engages people's FOMO, and they lose their minds. I'm amazed at the prices people pay for some of this stuff. And for golf shoes, it's not like it's going to be their only pair. It's probably their 6th or 7th or 20th pair, but they still have to have it. It's that mentality from buyers that creates the flipper.

I have been lucky enough to get some limited items for retail that I thought were pretty cool, but when I see that somebody is willing to pay double the price that I paid, I'm like, I don't need it that much. And I flip it.

The only items I have ever bought intending to flip them are Lamb and Swag items because those companies seem to exist BECAUSE of flippers.

EDIT: I don't flip on the BST. No virtuous reason for that. This just isn't the best place for it.

• Like 1

Without a doubt, I think that’s what we all try to do. But when there’s more and more ads from flippers, it takes more and more pages and time to sift through the real ads here! Gets way harder to ignore. it’s like when you cat or dog excitedly keeps stepping in front of you on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, it’s hard to not eventually trip over them and get angry, lol

just an observation, but I think thats a bit of a generational thing too. Those of us that are older tend to hear a company say “this blue sneaker is a limited edition....blah blah blah.” and we still see just a blue sneaker. Sometimes it might be a nice looking blue sneaker, but it’s still just a blue sneaker. Those who are a little younger, who are products of the straight marketing machine (you know who you are, you wanted the BLUE iPod, and threw the silver one back at your parents), they tend to listen to what companies say and see something really really special that thing only they can have (and thousands of others). They seem to think their unique “identity” is somehow reflected in that special blue sneaker. Those guys pay stupid amounts of money for blue sneakers (on credit many times, with no way to pay it off). Those folks are great flipping customers.

Hum....why do things come up over and over.......what a profound question. It’s generally when there’s problems.

there’s problems with consistency here, as pointed out above by several folks. The board gets cluttered with marked up crap. no one is discussing “boutique sellers”, I have no clue what that even means on a public bst forum. Is that someone who sells only a “certain number” of shoes? or someone with a clever company name?

We are discussing people who buy things at outlets (or with professional discounts) and then try and mark that stuff up here for a profit.

and specifically, we are discussing one particular seller who seems to have gotten caught doing that and who then changed their listing. It was entertaining. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don’t find that entertaining, post in a different thread, this one isn’t for you.

• Like 1

Ok, this is why people complain about why things are “worse” on here than before. There have been wildly inappropriate accusations directed at me, specifically. Rather than moving on if the deal isn’t for you, instead you come out with pitchforks and attack. Why? It clutters your club hoing efforts?!?! Some of us come here for more than a Lamb putter or Tour Issue Driver.

I have nothing but a stellar reputation on here. Anyone who has had any interaction with me will probably attest to that. As was previously thrown back in my face, most of the items I have sold were for much, much less than was paid for. I’ve been very fortunate and blessed to afford a nice habit of clothes/apparel shopping. Call it being a golf clothes ho. Many items that have been sold have never been worn, only washed and hung. I then come on here and pass along for about an 80% discount. Don’t need the money or the hassle. Just supporting the community and others like me.

Now, I don’t have a bot or any software or any interest in professional flipping. I was online when the shoes launched and bought a pair IN MY SIZE. They showed up, decided to go in a different direction (ordering a pair of MyJoys). I don’t need to justify, just am. That said, I knew it was a limited release, did a quick check on EBay and priced accordingly. Actually, found the lowest price on eBay and priced on here lower. By the time you take in tax on my purchase from NDC, PayPal fees and my shipping costs to send out, at full ask I was going to make maybe $50. We all know full ask doesn’t always happen and if somebody shot an offer I was likely to walk away with maybe $30. Again, I’m fortunate enough that I probably have $30 in change in my golf bag. I don’t need $30. Could I have just sent them back to Nike? Sure, but that doesn’t guarantee a member here gets them and I’ve bought things on here over MSRP, often, that I’m glad people didn’t send back.

Heres the frustration; the BST isn’t just for club hoes and those selling something above their cost aren’t all professional flippers. People come here for all different things and reasons. Just bc it’s not why you’re here doesn’t mean they/we shouldn’t be allowed. More traffic and more eyes, the better; brings more sellers and more buyers, which drives costs for all of us buying on here down

All of this to say, some of you who have hurled insults or insinuating “go ask mom and dad for money” or “gf prolly got him wrong size” can go piss off. You’re what’s wrong here, not somebody selling something for a profit. If you don’t like the idea of somebody selling shoes for more than they paid, I hope you take that same vitriol to all of the Scotty, Lamb, Bettinardi, SWAG, etc collectors/traders/flippers on here. Because you don’t have to scroll for long to find them.

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

Because people just like you will go out of their way to get mad about stuff. There is no rule against reselling something at higher than retail (hello scotty cameron gear). There are rules against doing it in large volume or when procured from discount stores (ie no box, dead give away). Just like there are rules about retail shops trying to clear out inventory on here or selling new ungripped/tipped shafts. Have you actually read the rules?

The listing you linked was none of the above, it was not an outlet buy (they were just released, in limited quantity), it was a single pair, and it included the original box so clearly not from Ross/Burlington.

The BST rules are clear, there was no rules violation here, so quit your belly aching or keep it moving. Do you know what an actual rules violation is? Commenting on someone's asking price.