2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Juniors-What did you shoot Today?

Well, to start off a string of 4 18 hole tournaments in 4 days, I shot 77 (+5) at a pretty tough course. I was pretty pleased with that. Of course as we get back into town I realize that we lost league. We had a combined team score of 303 (best 4 of 6) and still lost. Then today I shot 65 (+3) on the shortest course in the world (par 62), or just about (4000 and something from the tips.) I'm slightly upset about that round becuase if I could have putted it would have been darn good. i took 29 putts and missed 6 birdie putts from inside 12ft. I missed an 18in birdie putt that I could have blown into the hole. We've been able to play long enough now that courses are starting to punch and sand their greens so they're bumpy, slow and basically are unputtable. Oh well. I can sacrafice a week for good greens through the summer that they don't mind letting bake and get hard and fast.

To round out my 72 holes in 4 days tournament play, I shot 77-81. The 77 was on a tough course, so I'm pleased with that. The 81 was on a really short course (6300) and set up perfectly for my game. I just couldn't putt. I had 35 putts and 2 putted my first 14 holes.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, played 2 rounds this weekend. Shot 76 yesterday hitting 4/18 greens. And shot 77 today hitting 8/18 greens. I`m hitting it horrible. By the way MissingLink, good job this weekend at that FCWT. What tourneys you playing this summer? I might see ya, because I`m going to quiet a few. Let me know. Anybody hear playing in the Texas 5A state championship let me know cause I`m playing and was wondering if any other fellow texans are on here.

Justin

Hey guys, played 2 rounds this weekend. Shot 76 yesterday hitting 4/18 greens. And shot 77 today hitting 8/18 greens. I`m hitting it horrible. By the way MissingLink, good job this weekend at that FCWT. What tourneys you playing this summer? I might see ya, because I`m going to quiet a few. Let me know. Anybody hear playing in the Texas 5A state championship let me know cause I`m playing and was wondering if any other fellow texans are on here.

Justin

Good playing Justin..... I am playing in the FCWT National Championship, AJGA Houchens Industries Junior Open, Hudson Junior Invite, AJGA Coca Cola Classic, AJGA Junior Buick, and Western Junior Invitational

Dan (AKA "GOOSE") YOU SEEM TO THINK YOU"RE PRETTY GOOD..... 67? how lon gwas the course? 2000 yards? you shot 82, and really expect me to believe you shot 67, 70 and 72 (whihc you said was shot while hitting the ball terribly)? dream on phoney.

Yo watch the personal attacks.... people have off days....o and what do u shoot???huh big shot...by the way that score wasform about 4 months ago on my home course. Tournament play isEXTREMELY DIFFERENT from just going out with your buddies... if it was the same then heck id be in the top 100 in the country but its NOT!!!!!!!!!!! It was a tough course with 3 rain delays so get your act together..... why dont you consider some things the next time you decide to pipe up...weather, course set-up, how ur swingin it.

Dan "goose"

Just be more careful with what you say. no problems here. :)

Actually, most good players play better in tournaments than they do in normal play.

I know I normally play better in tournaments than I do when I go out and play with friends, mainly because I concentrate more in a tournament.

tylerv was right on the money with what he was saying, your tournament resumÉ is weak at best.

Dan (AKA "GOOSE") YOU SEEM TO THINK YOU"RE PRETTY GOOD..... 67? how lon gwas the course? 2000 yards? you shot 82, and really expect me to believe you shot 67, 70 and 72 (whihc you said was shot while hitting the ball terribly)? dream on phoney.

Yo watch the personal attacks.... people have off days....o and what do u shoot???huh big shot...by the way that score wasform about 4 months ago on my home course. Tournament play isEXTREMELY DIFFERENT from just going out with your buddies... if it was the same then heck id be in the top 100 in the country but its NOT!!!!!!!!!!! It was a tough course with 3 rain delays so get your act together..... why dont you consider some things the next time you decide to pipe up...weather, course set-up, how ur swingin it.

Dan "goose"

Actually, most good players play better in tournaments than they do in normal play.

I know I normally play better in tournaments than I do when I go out and play with friends, mainly because I concentrate more in a tournament.

tylerv was right on the money with what he was saying, your tournament resumÉ is weak at best.

gehenherzog....

dont go around saying someones tournament resume is weak....i believe everything dan says because i have found him to be a very honest person from my short time on this site.....u say tylerv was right on the money in what he said eh??? so dan shot 82..big deal...and your calling him a phoney and you dont belieive he cant shoot the scores he says he has shot???? so when tiger shot 81 at muirfield would u call him him a phoney??? didnt think so...dan didnt say he shot 63 or 62 or something stupid [n id believe him if he said that aswell] he sed he shot 60 or 70...whats so unbelievable about that?????

ur all idiots going about questioning what this guy shot jus bcos he can play respectable golf...everyone can have a bad day...yet when dan has 1 u start sayin hes a phoney????!!! go back to preschool

n wasnt this sorted out between dan n tyler so dont be stokin quenched fires :crazy:

Dan "goose"

gehenherzog....

dont go around saying someones tournament resume is weak....i believe everything dan says because i have found him to be a very honest person from my short time on this site.....u say tylerv was right on the money in what he said eh??? so dan shot 82..big deal...and your calling him a phoney and you dont belieive he cant shoot the scores he says he has shot???? so when tiger shot 81 at muirfield would u call him him a phoney??? didnt think so...dan didnt say he shot 63 or 62 or something stupid [n id believe him if he said that aswell] he sed he shot 60 or 70...whats so unbelievable about that?????

ur all idiots going about questioning what this guy shot jus bcos he can play respectable golf...everyone can have a bad day...yet when dan has 1 u start sayin hes a phoney????!!! go back to preschool

n wasnt this sorted out between dan n tyler so dont be stokin quenched fires :crazy:

Great Post animalistic, and remember guys if you have issues- DON'T SORT THEM ON GOLFWRX!

Also I Just Read In Golf Digest (Ireland) And It Had Some Sort Of Theory By Some Guy In It That Said Most Of The Time

95-(2x Your GIRs)=Your Round

e.g. 95-(say i hit 8 greens so 16)=79 is my round

and (sorry i forget the username) somebody posted that he shot 65 and hit 15 greens

and i just figured

95-(15 greensx2)=

95-30=65