WHAT LOFT IS A PING G15 9 DEGREE DRIVER ACTUALLY DESIGNED TO BE?

TAZBOM ·  
TAZBOMTAZBOM Members  241WRX Points: 72Posts: 241 Bunkers
I want to know what loft is a Ping G15 9 degree driver actually designed to be? Also, is it worth the $8.50 to have Ping digitally loft a driver to make sure that it is the correct loft?
Posted:

Comments

• YepyukonYepyukon Hinge + Hold Members  4131WRX Points: 145Handicap: 1.2Posts: 4,131 Titanium Tees
    I was told by my Ping rep that the G15 clubs are as much as 1.5deg higher loft and the I15 drivers are around .5 degrees higher. If you are looking to fine tune a driver to your specific swing, then absolutely worth the $8.50. I wish more companies offered this as an option.
    Posted:
    Srixon 785 10.5* w/ Oban Devotion
    Nike VR Pro Limited 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
    Srixon ZU85 18* w/ Diamana WB
    Srixon ZU85 22* w/ AxivCore Blue
    Srixon 785 5 - 8 w/ Project X Flighted
    Srixon Z Forged 9 - PW w/ Project X Flighted
    Cleveland RTX 4 50* 55* 60*
    Nike Method 003 Oven Prototype
    Srixon ZSTAR XV Tour Yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TotalRandomTotalRandom Members  281WRX Points: 0Posts: 281
    is it worth the $8.50 to have Ping digitally loft a driver to make sure that it is the correct loft?

Can you clarify exactly what you get from this $8.50?

do they just pull a club off the rack measure it and if its 9* they sent it to you or they just tell you what loft the one they are sending you is?

is it possible to custom order one that's a non listed loft like asking for a 10.5* i15 driver (comes standard in 9.5* and 11*)?

if they just telling you what loft the club they are sending you is then it might not be worth it because you get what you get regardless of what you pay extra. any of the other listed possibilities would be worth it especially if you could specifically ask for a loft even if it was a month waiting period for the right mistake lofted club to be made from a production line of 11*'s.
    Posted:
  • TwiggyTwiggy Members  1272WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,272 Platinum Tees
    TotalRandom wrote on Dec 1 2009, 06:39 AM:
    is it worth the $8.50 to have Ping digitally loft a driver to make sure that it is the correct loft?

Can you clarify exactly what you get from this $8.50?

do they just pull a club off the rack measure it and if its 9* they sent it to you or they just tell you what loft the one they are sending you is?

is it possible to custom order one that's a non listed loft like asking for a 10.5* i15 driver (comes standard in 9.5* and 11*)?

if they just telling you what loft the club they are sending you is then it might not be worth it because you get what you get regardless of what you pay extra. any of the other listed possibilities would be worth it especially if you could specifically ask for a loft even if it was a month waiting period for the right mistake lofted club to be made from a production line of 11*'s.

Yes, it's worth it.

You specify what you would like your "Actual Loft" to be and they will digitally check their supply to get as close as possible to your request.

They can not digitally loft a driver lower than their stock offerings. For example, you can not request a G15 digitally lofted at 8.5* when their lowest offered stock loft is 9* ( unless you have some inside friends at Ping image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> )
    Posted:
  • TAZBOMTAZBOM Members  241WRX Points: 72Posts: 241 Bunkers
    I confirmed with Ping that if you order a 9 degree driver, for $8.50 they will give you a driver that has been digitally measured at 9 degrees. They told me that this driver may have something other than 9 degrees stamped on it (10.5 degrees or 7 degrees), but that it will be 9 degrees in actuality. I did get conflicting information from two different Ping employees regarding what degree a 9 degree driver is designed to actually be. One told me that "On a standard PING driver, our tolerances are about 3/4 of a degree plus or minus what the loft says, however, nine times out of ten, it will be more loft than shown." The other said that Ping does not announce what they are actually designed to be and that if I want a 9 degree driver I should order it at 9 degrees. Does anyone have any more information that could help? Because of the conflicting information I am confused as to how to order the club digitally lofted. Thank you for your help! image/black eye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':black eye:' />
    Posted:
  • TAZBOMTAZBOM Members  241WRX Points: 72Posts: 241 Bunkers
    With great help from Ping Man I have had this clarified to me by the Ping Customer Service Manager. Ping G15 9 degree drivers are anywhere from 9 to 11 degrees with the vast majority measuring out at 10 degrees. He said that from 9 to 11 degrees it looks like a bell curve. He even tracked down the actual driver I demoed at a Pasadena, CA demo day so that I could match it's loft. 10.05 degrees. What a help!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.