looking for a new shaft for a Cleveland Comp 460 10.5

Golfdawg ·  
GolfdawgGolfdawg Members  693WRX Points: 0Posts: 693
I have a Cleveland Comp 460 10.5 with NVS-S shaft in it as a bck up driver, and i am thinking of making a change, whould love to see if anyone has any ideas, or has tried out a few shafts in this head.

Thanks, Matt
Posted:

Comments

• Sea-HawksSea-Hawks Lefty Boomers  404WRX Points: 80Posts: 404 Greens
    Definately get something that keeps the ballflight down a bit. Grafalloy Comp NT is a nice shaft, as is the Grafalloy Blue. Something a little newer, the Accra Dymatch S3...I had the S2 and it was still a touch too high for ballflight and spin.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Smack DaddySmack Daddy Snaphookapotomous Members  551WRX Points: 0Posts: 551
    Samick wrote on Dec 2 2009, 09:39 PM:
    Definately get something that keeps the ballflight down a bit. Grafalloy Comp NT is a nice shaft, as is the Grafalloy Blue. Something a little newer, the Accra Dymatch S3...I had the S2 and it was still a touch too high for ballflight and spin.

But Andrew, you swing like a maniac. image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />

I love the Dymatch S2 but I don't have Samick's swing speed. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:
  • Lefty CatLefty Cat Team Bonecrusher Lefty Boomers  1560WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,560
    Want an Project X graphite X-7A2?
    Posted:
  • GolfdawgGolfdawg Members  693WRX Points: 0Posts: 693
    so good ideas, thanks, keep them coming.
    Posted:
  • gdb99gdb99 Members  1798WRX Points: 213Handicap: 3.3Posts: 1,798 Platinum Tees
    What is your driver doing that you don't like? What is your swing speed? I mean, to get answers, people need some information about your swing....

I have the same driver with an NVS reg., tipped a little, @ 44.5". I think it's great.

I've also tried a Prolaunch Platinum and Prolaunch Blue. The NVS feels better and has a better ball flight, and has been longer, for my swing.
    Posted:
    Cobra King LTD, Diamana Blueboard stiff flex
    Ping G400 5 wood, stiff flex
    Cobra DWS 4 hybrid, Nippon 950Gh stiff
    * irons still undetermined *
    Vokey SM7 52F
    Vokey SM7 56M
    Vokey SM7 60M
    Odyssey #2
    Swing speed is 104-108, i use to be a hitter, but getting more towards a swinger. Like to get the spin down a bit.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
    gdb99 wrote on Dec 3 2009, 04:34 PM:
    What is your driver doing that you don't like? What is your swing speed? I mean, to get answers, people need some information about your swing....

I have the same driver with an NVS reg., tipped a little, @ 44.5". I think it's great.

I've also tried a Prolaunch Platinum and Prolaunch Blue. The NVS feels better and has a better ball flight, and has been longer, for my swing.

I was in fact looking at the GD Pershing or Prolaunch Platinum
    Posted:
  • Honcho72Honcho72 Members  637WRX Points: 93Handicap: No, that’s my normal swingPosts: 637 Golden Tee
    I had one witha Speeder 757 in it at one time. SUPER DRIVER. You should be able to get by with a stiff flex as they seem to play a little stiff IMO.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.