HELP!! (Driver LM numbers)

dicksy ·  
dicksydicksy Members  185WRX Points: 0Posts: 185
Currently really struggling off the t with my driver and i need help. i usually put about 2200-2400 revs on the ball with a 12-14 degree launch angle. however, i'd like to get the launch angle to 15-16 degrees. Thinking of going to a 12 degree driver with a low spin shaft.

what you think or recommend?

all thoughts welcome.
Posted:

Comments

• schamp401schamp401 Members  88WRX Points: 0Posts: 88
    Head Speed

Approximate Launch Conditions

120 mph 12 degrees and 2,200 rpm

100 mph 13 degrees and 2,400 rpm

80 mph 14 degrees and 2,600-3000 rpm

* assumes standard turf conditions

Frank Thomas posted these launch angles as the optimum based on swing speed. You might visit his sight at franklygolf.com . His advice is usually pretty good.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mgranatomgranato Members  1078WRX Points: 4Posts: 1,078 Platinum Tees
    What do you know about your current driver - swing speed, angle of attack, and actual clubface loft?

The backspin is largely dependent on the clubs loft and can only be influenced a relatively small amount with shaft changes. For exmple, a swing speed of 100 mph with a level angle of attack and a 12* club loft would produce 3120 rpm's of backspin. A range of backspin from 2700 - 4000 rpm's would produce the same carry distance for that same swing. The range narrows a bit as the swing speed gets higher, but it's not nearly as critical as most think.
    Posted:
  • TAZBOMTAZBOM Members  241WRX Points: 72Posts: 241 Bunkers
    Can you post the link where you got these?
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.