White Grip Advice Requested

ClarkGrswld4 ·  
ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members  1765WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,765 Platinum Tees
So as I'm sitting here in the cold this winter, I find myself slowly morphing into a club ho. I am going to be gaming a new bag for the most part when spring hits but I have decided I need/want all white grips. Does anybody have experience with the following and/or have any reco's?

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/18743/La....580_Round_Grip

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/93093/TA...omic_White_Grip

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/57607/Wi...dard_White_Grip

I know there are Iomics as well, but those are a tad out of my price range. Ultimately, I am going to be taking a leap of faith in whatever I order because no shop around me has these grips. I'll be making my decision with the help and suggestions of GolfWRX!!!
Posted:

Comments

• Stinger82Stinger82 Members  3542WRX Points: 0Handicap: 11Posts: 3,542
    Those white lamkin's are sweet. The itomics look good to but I would guess that the lamkins will last longer and are only like .50cents more. The winn's seem overpriced and in my experience the winn grips don't last long at all.

Any one of those are going to look sweet though!
    Posted:
    TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • brucejun444brucejun444 Banned  632WRX Points: 0Posts: 632
    I personally like the Lamkins.
    Posted:
  • albatrosseralbatrosser Banned  3751WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,751
    I too like the Lamkins... but I can't decide between the two..

http://www.lamkingrips.com/NDUR_Black_and_White.php

http://www.lamkingrips.com/Performance_Plu...EN_Standard.php

the first one has a completely different pattern on back, and the back 1/3rd is black. The picture lets you rotate it so you can see. I don't care so much about the black, but the pattern on the back and the write up for it has me intrigued. Plus it's less white to have to wipe down!

Does anyone have any experience with the NDUR ??
    Posted:
  • cb_golfercb_golfer "fine purveyor of skanky fades" Members  1365WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,365
    I've got the Lamkins installed in my irons and they feel great. I wipe down my grips with a wet towel soaked with little bit of dishwashing liquid after each round so it never really gets dirty. If this is an issue with you then skip the white grips.

DSC00090.jpg
    Posted:
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members  1765WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,765 Platinum Tees
    albatrosser wrote on Dec 22 2009, 05:01 PM:
    I too like the Lamkins... but I can't decide between the two..

http://www.lamkingrips.com/NDUR_Black_and_White.php

http://www.lamkingrips.com/Performance_Plu...EN_Standard.php

the first one has a completely different pattern on back, and the back 1/3rd is black. The picture lets you rotate it so you can see. I don't care so much about the black, but the pattern on the back and the write up for it has me intrigued. Plus it's less white to have to wipe down!

Does anyone have any experience with the NDUR ??

those NDUR's are cool but I decided if I'm going to go white, I'm going ALL white lol
    Posted:
  • elcheneelchene Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    Haven't tried the Lamkins or Winns, but based solely on past grips, the Winns would probably wear out quickly and the Lamkins will be good.

That said, I have tried the Itomics and like them. Can't comment yet on durability, but they are firm and very tacky.

However, Iomics are still better than the Itomics IMO. They feel nothing alike, the Iomic is very soft while still tacky. It isn't rough like the Itomic, but rather "velvety" and fabric-like. They are incredibly durable as well! So, even though they are ridiculously expensive, you won't be replacing them anytime soon. Every time it gets dirty, a rub with a sponge and soap + water makes it seem like it's new again.

*That was a last attempt to get you to consider Iomics - I am very impressed by them
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members  1765WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,765 Platinum Tees
    I'm actually leaning in this order right now:

Winn

Lamkin

Tacki-Mac

I think since the Winns are firm, they may be easier to clean? I plan on cleaning once a week if this influences anybody's decision
    Posted:
    elchene wrote on Dec 22 2009, 05:07 PM:
    Haven't tried the Lamkins or Winns, but based solely on past grips, the Winns would probably wear out quickly and the Lamkins will be good.

That said, I have tried the Itomics and like them. Can't comment yet on durability, but they are firm and very tacky.

However, Iomics are still better than the Itomics IMO. They feel nothing alike, the Iomic is very soft while still tacky. It isn't rough like the Itomic, but rather "velvety" and fabric-like. They are incredibly durable as well! So, even though they are ridiculously expensive, you won't be replacing them anytime soon. Every time it gets dirty, a rub with a sponge and soap + water makes it seem like it's new again.

*That was a last attempt to get you to consider Iomics - I am very impressed by them

ooh i'm glad i made this thread already...I do not like rough....Tacki-Macs remain on the bottom of the list
    Posted:
  • texcromtexcrom Franklin, TNClubWRX  3699WRX Points: 329Posts: 3,699 ClubWRX
    cb_golfer wrote on Dec 22 2009, 06:03 PM:
    I've got the Lamkins installed in my irons and they feel great. I wipe down my grips with a wet towel soaked with little bit of dishwashing liquid after each round so it never really gets dirty. If this is an issue with you then skip the white grips.

DSC00090.jpg

White grips? Sorry didn't notice.

I was too busy admiring those outstanding MP-33's!!!
    Posted:
    WITB

Taylor Made SIM 9.0 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff (ordered)
    Taylor Made SIM 15 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Taylor Made SIM 19 degree hybrid Ventus Stiff
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4 - 9 KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10F
    Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
    Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
    Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1X

GO VOLS!
  • banno01991banno01991 Members  179WRX Points: 0Posts: 179
    I have a white feeltec grip on my R7 tp have a look at the japanese website, They are very different. I haven't seen to many around http://www.feeltecgrips.com/english_v1/FeeltecGrips_3.html
    Posted:
  • brucejun444brucejun444 Banned  632WRX Points: 0Posts: 632
    I have never been a fan of imitations. To me, TackiMac "ITOMIC" sounds too much like Iomic - I'm pretty sure TackiMac did this on purpose to lure Iomic shoppers. That alone is a turnoff.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • elcheneelchene Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    brucejun444 wrote on Dec 22 2009, 07:00 PM:
    I have never been a fan of imitations. To me, TackiMac "ITOMIC" sounds too much like Iomic - I'm pretty sure TackiMac did this on purpose to lure Iomic shoppers. That alone is a turnoff.

Sure, but they aren't terrible grips. And plus, the name similarity worked on me - an indication that perhaps they had something close to Iomics. There's a huge market for anything that feels like an Iomic but that is a third of the price.
    Posted:

I'm actually considering Iomics again based on your comments....I mean what the ****, If I'm going to spend $8+ on Winns then what is $14 or 15 on Iomics, ya know?
    Posted:
  • samphillips9samphillips9 Go Buffs Salt Lake City, UTLefty Boomers  218WRX Points: 55Handicap: 0.5Posts: 218 Fairways
    I game the white itomics. Great grips. Feel a little more midsize. Look amazing, I get so many compliments. They feel great. I haven't tried the other ones. But i guarantee you the tacki macs are great.
    Posted:
  • Ugo DeRosaUgo DeRosa Ugo Derosa Members  1055WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,055
    ClarkGrswld4 wrote on Dec 22 2009, 05:15 PM:

I'm actually considering Iomics again based on your comments....I mean what the ****, If I'm going to spend $8+ on Winns then what is $14 or 15 on Iomics, ya know?

Well, hate to make your decision even harder, but if you are willing to lay down the green for Iomic, then before pulling the trigger, you should also consider Dance With Dragon grips, or, Nowon. Some fans of Iomic like the DWD's or Nowons even better than the Iomic.
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX-900 | Fujikura Speeder EVO II 661
    Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17*
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hybrid 21*
    Taylormade P790 (5-Gap)
    Callaway MD3 (58, 54)
    Taylormade Spider Tour
    Ugo DeRosa wrote on Dec 22 2009, 06:34 PM:

Well, hate to make your decision even harder, but if you are willing to lay down the green for Iomic, then before pulling the trigger, you should also consider Dance With Dragon grips, or, Nowon. Some fans of Iomic like the DWD's or Nowons even better than the Iomic.

wow, ive never even heard of those....will check them out, thanks
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RangerEsq.RangerEsq. Members  807WRX Points: 0Posts: 807
    ClarkGrswld4 wrote on Dec 22 2009, 04:15 PM:

I wouldn't. They're really THIN grips. Thin. The rubber is thin. If you try to pad it with tape underneath, it starts to feel different - not a good thing. The only good thing I will say about them is that if you play in hot weather, they feel cooler than normal grips.
    Posted:
  • generalbolggeneralbolg Members  1191WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,191 Bunkers
    since youve got time in the offseason, why not buy one of each, and install one on each iron. you have a few weeks/months to decide what you really like.

sure youll eat the extra shipping cost and the cost of the grips you didnt choose, but itll still wind up being cheaper than if you buy a set of one, and decide a week later you dont like them. if youre anything like myself or some of the other people on this thread, youll be pretty picky about grips. i know ive ripped off a few grips 10 minutes after I put them on because i didnt like the look/feel. give your top grips a test drive and save yourself the frustration down the road.
    Posted:
  • texcromtexcrom Franklin, TNClubWRX  3699WRX Points: 329Posts: 3,699 ClubWRX
    What's the best source for the Iomics?

I have never seen them in this area.

Thanks.
    Posted:
    WITB

Taylor Made SIM 9.0 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff (ordered)
    Taylor Made SIM 15 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Taylor Made SIM 19 degree hybrid Ventus Stiff
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4 - 9 KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10F
    Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
    Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
    Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1X

GO VOLS!
  • SUBPARJSUBPARJ Members  532WRX Points: 75Posts: 532 Golden Tee

texcrom wrote on Dec 22 2009, 07:15 PM:
    What's the best source for the Iomics?

I have never seen them in this area.

Thanks.

I just bought 9 iomics on eBay for $91 including shipping

...which i know is an odd number to buy, but that was the size of the auction. Its weird like the sellers who sell 14, but im not complaining it was a geat deal... BTW it was an auction and not a BUY it Now
    Posted:

TM M3 9* AdDI 7x

M1 TI 17* Fubuki Alpha X

919 JPX Tour 3-PW Modus3 120x

T20 RAW 50*54*60* Modus3 120x

Piretti Cottonwood ii

• FlashmanFlashman Flashman Members  471WRX Points: 0Posts: 471
    Here you go

http://www.iomicusa.com/index.html

Flashman image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.