Oban Revenge

Mini-Me ·  
Mini-MeMini-Me Members  64WRX Points: 45Posts: 64 Bunkers
Has anybody played this shaft in their driver. How did it play and how did you like it. I am putting an one in my Adams 9032ls.
Posted:

Comments

• Doc420Doc420 Members  2373WRX Points: 147Handicap: lotsPosts: 2,373 Platinum Tees
    I have one in my driver and i love it. I broke my last driver, so I picked up a Speedline on closeout, I tried the Fuji f1 and it sucked, went to the Oban and everything tightened up. I could hit most of the fairways, and had no problem going after the ball. I had no fear of hitting some big wild shot like i did with the F1. That shaft spins a little bit more so you could see a med. to high ball flight depending on you swing. overall this is a nice stable shaft.

I am going to try one of their Hybrid shafts in the next few months.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Doc420Doc420 Members  2373WRX Points: 147Handicap: lotsPosts: 2,373 Platinum Tees
    I just saw from you other post that you want something with a more penetrating ball flight, So I would say that the Devotion might be a better shaft for what you are looking for. But you won't know until you play one and maybe get some launch numbers.
    Posted:
  • Mini-MeMini-Me Members  64WRX Points: 45Posts: 64 Bunkers
    Doc420 wrote on Dec 23 2009, 02:10 PM:
    I just saw from you other post that you want something with a more penetrating ball flight, So I would say that the Devotion might be a better shaft for what you are looking for. But you won't know until you play one and maybe get some launch numbers.

I talked to my coach and he said to go with a stiffer Revenge rather than a lighter Devotion. My fitter said that I would be able to hit it on a mid-hight flat trajectory. So I went with the Revenge because it gives me the option to go after it and kill it, but also gives me the option of hitting it into the wind.
    Posted:
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9350WRX Points: 518Handicap: 5Posts: 9,350 Titanium Tees
    The Revenge is a mid/high bomber, I'm a low spin spin player with a smoother 107-110mph swing speed and the 65gr Revenge in x-flex works perfectly untipped, comes in at D3/265-267cpm's @ 44.75'...BB
    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.