Titleist 905T

Let's hear it...

Titleist 905 T Ti Driver w/Fuji Speeder shaft. The 905T™ is a Tour-proven larger profile driver that provides an optimal combination of ball speed, launch and spin for longer tee shots with a penetrating downrange trajectory. Due to its larger front-to-back profile and resulting increased dynamic loft, the 905T is Titleist's most versatile driver with high launch and moderate to low spin characteristics. The better player will prefer its optimum ball flight, while the aspiring player will benefit from the increased size and playability.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Ventus Black TR 6x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* Speeder 757 x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* LIN-Q M40X Blue

Wilson DP 3h HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 

Callaway Apex 24 MB 6 to 11 iron, MMT 105 TX

Callaway Jaws 54/58/64 KBS 130

Edel EAS 1.0 custom

Wilson Staff Model Ball

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really really solid driver. 4 stars from me

im using a 9.5 t TOUR with a mitz diamana 63x stiff.

shaft is tight but much too light and very soft to flex. having said that it does go very straight. hih but no run. im changin igt to an 83 x flex to see what happens.

also hit my best friends 8.5 degree S with a 757 x and it was a great combo.....ball ran forever.......

all in all i think it is very hard to go past titleist as they feel, look and perform very solid!

now all you hoes go buy one!

I am a Titleist first guy, I love and buy everything Titleist releases, but I have not been in love with the 905T yet. I have not had it out on the course much, I have not had the best feelings for this club. I hit it the other day at the range and it was better, I think I want to change my shaft in it. I was much more consistant with my 983K. I am not giving up yet though.

I have never been a Titleist driver fan, although I have always loved how they looked at address. I have owned the D,J, JVS, LFE and K but had no success with any of them. The 905T on the other hand is as good of a driver as I have had in a long time. I love the feel and sound. It makes my R7 sound like I am hitting a soup can.

It is staying in the bag for a while I hope:):idhitit:

Matt

I own Cleveland Comp, Ping G2, Mizuno Mp001 460cc, Mp001 400cc and on top of that just bought the Titleist 905T, because I love Titleist & Mizuno stuff and I give this driver a 5 star rating.

Longer and more penetrating ball flight than my Comp drivers, not quite as forgiving, although it's a T and not an S 905 driver, I really really :drinks: LOVE :drinks: this driver from Titleist.

Titleist 905T........ :hunter: :idhitit: :D :nono:

I'm another one who loves Titleist drivers, but not this one. I think it's a disappointment and gave it 3 stars. I purchased one with a NV65 and then reshafted with my favorite driver shaft. It still disappointed. I think the head has an unusual sound which translates into a vague feel. I gave it two range sessions and one full round before it was on the auction block.

The 905T is worse than the R7, Just Junk.  A rehash of the K/E also junk. Titleist is just stamping there name on something and calling it new.

22787[/snapback]

I have a hard time taking your reply seriously when the R7, 983 and 905 series are the most used drivers on both the PGA tour and European tour :D :drinks: :idhitit:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 905S 8.5° with an Aldila NV 75X and its the best driver I ahve ever hit. 20 yards longer than an r7 and it gives off the feel and sound that the old 975D gave off. Please disregard any negative comments if you are considering buying one because they are the best driver on the market. I have done extensive testing with some of my buddies comparing all the drivers currently ont he market from major OEM's and we all hit the 905S the furthest and straightest and unanimously it sounded the best. Easily 5 stars! :clapping:

• 1 month later...

I thought I loved my cleveland 460comp but I was wrong. I hit this driver, with a stiff grafalloy blue and I love it. Its ridiculous, it goes 20,30yrds further Im 40 yards in front of the pack! It has a 5 yrd draw off of the toe and a 10yrd fade off of the heel. It feels great. Hell, I dropped kicked the thing 230 yesterday. Its the most consistently long, and I mean long driver Ive ever hit and Ive tried a few in my day. "The woods are full of big hitters", not anymore.

Just got a 10.5* 905T with a GD YS-6+ stiff in it. I must say I'm impressed with the performance I've gotten from it thus far. In two two-hour sessions on the range, hitting it back to back with my KZG Gemini (9* with grafalloy prolite 35, 264 cpm) and TM R510 (Japan spec with TM-500 tour, 267 cpm), it's much easier to hit and ball flight is remarkably similar to my other drivers.

It could be a bit more forgiving, but there's plenty of performance in this package.

For me I think this is the best Titleist driver yet. I am a big fan of Titleist drivers. Every time I try something other than Titleist, I find I have wasted my money. Before I had the 983K with a UST XL stiff. That was the longest straightest driver I had ever hit. But after starting a weight lifting regiment earlier this year started to over power it and even started ballooning shots. When the Titleist rep came hit the 905T with Graffaloy Blue stiff shaft. WOW! Easily picked up 10-15yds of carry and a ton of roll once it hits the ground.

Titleist 913D2 9.5* Grafalloy PL Red
Titleist 913F 15* Diamana S+
Titleist 913H 19/21/24* Diamana S+
Cobra Amp 5-GW
Ping Tour-S 56 & 60*
Ping Sydney

I was afraid that the 905T (10.5 NV75 Stiff) I got was not going to work out, much like some that I saw on other posts... After giving it a good 3 trips to the range and taking it to two strategically skinny golf courses Astoria CC and Pumpkin Ridge, Witch Hollow, I am calling this the best control and distance club on the market.

It went swing for swing with the G5 in similar loft and shaft flex, and the titleist smoked the Ping with all factors considered. The Titleist is as long or longer in carry and more workable than the G5 with a 2 inch longer shaft length.

I don't understand if the previous posters are using the same club......... This club has the launch of the Cleveland Comp, the accuracy of r7tp and the feel of the 975d/510tp. In other words PERFECT!!!! shaping shots is easy the gear effect makes it forgiving, toey drawing back, heely sliding in the fwy.

borrow my friends 9.5* w/ nv 65 stiff and now looking for one............LEFTY of course.

The confidence has led me back to chocolate milk; getting 735cm irons and the prov1x :tongue: really nice job Titleist OBTW also getting the 904F 15* :cheesy:

this driver is a very good driver, but its all on personal feel, how the club sets up for YOU..and not anyone else, some people like a dead feeling in their driver, some a very light pingy type feel..it all depends on personal pref. but for me..i really like Titleist, i have been a fan for several years now, and i do have to say, i did not like K/E..but the T is a very good driver..not a big fan of the S..but all in all more forgiving than the K/E with better feel..

I sell golf clubs for a living and I have never liked what Titleist has done to the high school/college player (making them believe that they make good equipment by paying a zillion pros).  I have a bunch of college players that work for me and 4 golf pros under my supervision.  We all agree that this is in the top 3 worst drivers that we have ever hit.  Rank it up there with the Callaway C4 and the Ping Si3.  It's awful.

25502[/snapback]

One of the most idiotic posts I have ever read in my life. Everyone here is now dumber for having read your post. I give you no repect and may god have mercy on your soul.

• 2 weeks later...
I sell golf clubs for a living and I have never liked what Titleist has done to the high school/college player (making them believe that they make good equipment by paying a zillion pros).  I have a bunch of college players that work for me and 4 golf pros under my supervision.  We all agree that this is in the top 3 worst drivers that we have ever hit.  Rank it up there with the Callaway C4 and the Ping Si3.  It's awful.

25502[/snapback]

One of the most idiotic posts I have ever read in my life. Everyone here is now dumber for having read your post. I give you no repect and may god have mercy on your soul.

Guys,

Noone will benefit from neither of Your posts.

Try to select Your expressions with greater care - posts like these are going nowhere, if in any direction its down the drain :) !

On to my findings with the 905T retail:

Played and demo'ed both a 10.5 / NV 65 and a 10.5 / YS6+.

I think it is a dead-feeling and short driver, compared to the 983K, which in my opinion already is a classic and of far better quality, length and feel. I was very disappointed in this 905T and I'm looking forward to give the new 460 a spin when it is released!

I'll stick to my Comp and R5 TP (awaiting its arrival :cheesy: )

My bag
TM SIM2 Max driver, G425 Max woods, Titleist 818 hybrid, Srixon Z565 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Yes Tracy III putter

Guys,

Noone will benefit from neither of Your posts.

Try to select Your expressions with greater care - posts like these are going nowhere, if in any direction its down the drain :) !

On to my findings with the 905T retail:

Played and demo'ed both a 10.5 / NV 65 and a 10.5 / YS6+.

I think it is a dead-feeling and short driver, compared to the 983K, which in my opinion already is a classic and of far better quality, length and feel. I was very disappointed in this 905T and I'm looking forward to give the new 460 a spin when it is released!

I'll stick to my Comp and R5 TP (awaiting its arrival :cheesy: )

Hey Søren,

What about the R7 425 TP - just spoke to my cousin who lives in Texas and he just bought one for him self last week. He tells me it's a freking great driver. He just sold his R5 Tp and his R7 TP to get the money for the new R7 425 TP. We have the same tastet in both cars, women and golf equipment, so I ordered mine with the 20% discount at Golfsmith along some other great stuff (Sonartec Np-99 $159, J33R 460 $239, Rescue Dual TP Diamana $239 and an extra R7 Tp Ti 3 wood for my brother).

I expect it to be delivered by the end of this month - hope we wont get too much of the white stuff this winter :cheesy:

I'm amazed that some simply don't like the 905T while others thinks it's a great and an awesome driver (including me) - looking forward to testing the 460cc Titleist 905R driver.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess :cheesy:

I'm selling my R5 Tp Speeder 757 to get the cash for the R7 425 Tp driver (been offered 2.000 kr for my R5 Tp, don't know if this is enough - the driver is in mint condition, no skymarks) - but I'll keep my Titleist 905T, because I really like its feel, setup (mine is DEAD square) and overall performance. Looking forward to testing my new Bridgestone J33R 460 driver :cheesy:

i finally demoed a 905s 8.5 blue today. i hit it alongside a 983e 9.5 with a v2 86. well there is definitely a difference. the 905s was definitely more forgiving, it had the same ball flight as the 983e, and didn't feel as sweet at impact. length was the same. well i have to say that with the right shaft and maybe some stuffing in the head to mute it a little bit, it could be a winner. ebay here i come!

Ive had the 905T with a Speeder shaft for a few months now and it is amazing. It is average distance but the accuracy is incredible. I can swing hard and hit the fairway almost every time. I hit 13 out of 14 fairways with it my last round. I used to have the 983K and the 905T goes 5-10 yards further with at least 3 or 4 more fairways hit in a round.

• 2 months later...

A Solid 4.5/5 ;)

I picked up a 905T 10.5*, w/ a Reg Flex YS-6.

It's not the most forgiving club in the world, but if you've got a decent swing it plays great.

I found this club to be extremly responsive, and it had that great Titleist feel (altohugh not quite a good as the 983K).

The big plus is that I kept a low spin rate with it and would have to try pretty hard to miss a fairway...and very solid club.

It could use a little more distance ( I find it is a little behind some of the other new drivers), but that's not a big deal considering how consistently safe and straight it is (and it does go longer than the 983K).

I'm eager to try the 905R, as I haven't really enjoyed any of the 460cc heads to come out so far...really hoping it plays like a T w/ a little more oomph :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Titleist drivers in the past but, I have this need to try all the drivers that I can. I recently bought the 905T w/ the GD YS-6+ shaft new for $152 (w/ trade in of a TM 580XD at 2nd Swing Golf). What a STEAL!! This is a driver!! The ball flight is high but, penetrating and long. I also have no trouble hitting it straight. It has a solid sound and just feels good. I like the wider face of the T because I miss most shots to either side of the sweet spot not higher or lower. I also like the smaller head because I can get through the ball better than I can with some of the 460's. I have tested or owned the R7, R5, MacTec, Cally 454, ERC & FT3, Cleveland Comp 460 & Ti 460, Cobra SZ, Ping G2 & G5, Mizuno MP-001 and TEE Exotics. The only one close to the 905T in feel and performance is the TEE Exotics. They say Titleist makes clubs for the better player and this I'm not but, the Titleist drivers I've owned have worked for this hacker and I'd forgotten how much I like Titleist drivers. This driver should be added to everyone’s try out list and you can get them new for less than $250! I'll try the 905R when the price comes down. :lol:

Driver - Cleveland Launcher Turbo 10.5* Miyazaki 5R
Hybrid - Cleveland Halo #2 16* Miyazaki 6R
Irons - Cleveland CBX 4-PW Miyazaki 6R
Wedges - Cleveland CBX 50* & 54* Rotex
Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Ball - Srixon Z-Star