2010 Wilson Golf

easyyy ·  
easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a HoDetroitRules Official, Administrator  12490WRX Points: 789Handicap: 4Posts: 12,490 Marshals
Wilson

2Y9G4030_resize.JPG2Y9G4031_resize.JPG2Y9G4032_resize.JPG2Y9G4033_resize.JPG2Y9G4034_resize.JPG2Y9G4035_resize.JPG2Y9G4036_resize.JPG2Y9G4037_resize.JPG2Y9G4038_resize.JPG2Y9G4039_resize.JPG2Y9G4040_resize.JPG2Y9G4041_resize.JPG2Y9G4042_resize.JPG2Y9G4043_resize.JPG2Y9G4044_resize.JPG2Y9G4045_resize.JPG2Y9G4046_resize.JPG2Y9G4047_resize.JPG2Y9G4048_resize.JPG2Y9G4049_resize.JPG2Y9G4050_resize.JPG2Y9G4051_resize.JPG2Y9G4052_resize.JPG2Y9G4053_resize.JPG2Y9G4054_resize.JPG2Y9G4055_resize.JPG2Y9G4056_resize.JPG2Y9G4057_resize.JPG2Y9G4058_resize.JPG2Y9G4059_resize.JPG2Y9G4060_resize.JPG2Y9G4061_resize.JPG2Y9G4062_resize.JPG
Posted:

Comments

• Sid ViciousSid Vicious Not long, but nicely off-line... Members  428WRX Points: 0Posts: 428
    Oooooooooohhhhh...I am in loooove with those FGs!image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tmagmantmagman Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    +1 on the FG Forged... dare I ask if they come in left hand?
    Posted:
  • chris9594chris9594 Members  279WRX Points: 0Posts: 279
    wilsons staffs iron range looks good for 2010 but we will have to see how they do with the woods
    Posted:
  • luxmanluxman Members  1599WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,599
    chris9594 wrote on 28 January 2010 - 12:54 PM:

wilsons staffs iron range looks good for 2010 but we will have to see how they do with the woods

I hit the driver at a demo day in the fall. To say it's not good is being kind.

The irons, on the other hand, are all very good. What impressed me the most were the wedges though, so much so that they have knocked the Scratches out of my bag.
    Posted:
  • JacevilJacevil Members  50WRX Points: 0Posts: 50
    +1 for the wedge vote. I put one in the bag last year as I was going through my wedge woes, well actually whole set woes finally found "the set". I tried everything last year, Scratch, Cleveland, X-Forged, Miura, Vokey, nothing felt right or played the way I liked. So I saw the TW9 on sale for $45 said why not and put it in the bag the same day, had nothing bad good experiences with it. The thing looks good, feels great, and is the right wedge for me. So thank you Wilson for making a great wedge!

Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5 S
    Mizuno t zoid forged 13* S
    Bridgestone J33 21* S
    Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-P S300
    Mizuno MP T4 56*
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals  9056WRX Points: 4Posts: 9,056 Marshals
    Those forged blades recall the TM square/box toe irons ... nice.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]

Advertisement
  • bovibovi Members  656WRX Points: 0Posts: 656
    thanks for the pics. any chance of pics for the new fybrids or how they hit?
    Posted:
  • JacevilJacevil Members  50WRX Points: 0Posts: 50
    +1 for pics on the hybrids please.
    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5 S
    Mizuno t zoid forged 13* S
    Bridgestone J33 21* S
    Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-P S300
    Mizuno MP T4 56*
  • Sid ViciousSid Vicious Not long, but nicely off-line... Members  428WRX Points: 0Posts: 428
    Jacevil wrote on 28 January 2010 - 01:14 PM:

+1 for the wedge vote. I put one in the bag last year as I was going through my wedge woes, well actually whole set woes finally found "the set". I tried everything last year, Scratch, Cleveland, X-Forged, Miura, Vokey, nothing felt right or played the way I liked. So I saw the TW9 on sale for $45 said why not and put it in the bag the same day, had nothing bad good experiences with it. The thing looks good, feels great, and is the right wedge for me. So thank you Wilson for making a great wedge!

+1

Thank you Wilson for coming back from the dead. We missed you. Pleas don't go the way of the other manufacturers and sacrifice that quality and the loyalty of your fans and customers just to please your accountants and stockholders.

Now if we can get someone to wrest the MacGregor and Hogan brands from their respective conglomerates and get them back to being healthy, we might have a really good thing going.
    Posted:
    Sid Vicious wrote on 01 February 2010 - 10:41 AM:
    +1

Thank you Wilson for coming back from the dead. We missed you. Pleas don't go the way of the other manufacturers and sacrifice that quality and the loyalty of your fans and customers just to please your accountants and stockholders.

Now if we can get someone to wrest the MacGregor and Hogan brands from their respective conglomerates and get them back to being healthy, we might have a really good thing going.

I'm just curious of when you feel that W/S has come "back from the dead"? Their iron offerings have been solid for the past 5 years.
    Posted:
  • slbpsi63slbpsi63 Members  288WRX Points: 0Posts: 288
    +1 on the wedges as well! They are great and very versatile. I can't wait to hit the fg tours.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    luxman wrote on 01 February 2010 - 10:19 AM:

Sid Vicious wrote on 01 February 2010 - 10:41 AM:
    +1

I'm just curious of when you feel that W/S has come "back from the dead"? Their iron offerings have been solid for the past 5 years.

True, but look at what they putting out for about ten years before that. It's taken them five years to just get back to where they are being recognized as an option for quality equipment.
    Posted:
    Sid Vicious wrote on 01 February 2010 - 01:23 PM:
    True, but look at what they putting out for about ten years before that. It's taken them five years to just get back to where they are being recognized as an option for quality equipment.

Unfortunately I think that many still don't feel that W/S is a good option. Despite how good their iron offerings are, they still are looked down upon by fans of the major OEMs. Oh well, their loss is our gain since W/S is priced so much lower than TM, Cally, etc.
    Posted:
    luxman wrote on 01 February 2010 - 01:18 PM:

Sid Vicious wrote on 01 February 2010 - 01:23 PM:

Unfortunately I think that many still don't feel that W/S is a good option. Despite how good their iron offerings are, they still are looked down upon by fans of the major OEMs. Oh well, their loss is our gain since W/S is priced so much lower than TM, Cally, etc.

And that should be a lesson for all businesses. Don't let quality fall off. It takes ten times as long to shake a bad rep as it does to create and maintain a good one. What's that old saying? "Take care of one customer and he'll tell his friend, but screw the guy and he'll tell all of his friends." Or something like that.

On the other, I just wish that stores would start carrying their stuff. No one does down here in Austin anyway. I just got an Eco-Carry stand bag of theirs from the wife for my birthday, and she had to order it from WalMart.
    Posted:
  • TCMPTCMP Disguised Members  2773WRX Points: 4Posts: 2,773 Titanium Tees
    Oh those FG tours look like money! Can't wait until they come down in price!
    Posted:
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Members  203WRX Points: 0Posts: 203
    Brought home an 8883 putter to review. Guys over at Wilson were super friendly. First few puts feel great. Taking it out on the course tomorrow. Will post pics.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mahoniemahonie EnglandMembers  2861WRX Points: 490Handicap: 11Posts: 2,861 Titanium Tees
    Just bought an 8883 as back up to my old 8813 and took only 25 putts on the first round! I average 33. Beautiful feel and alignment aid is spot on - felt that I couldn't miss from 10 feet in. Can't wait until the greens shake off the winter cold and start running more true.
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
    Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
    Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
    Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff
    Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Radius Classic 8
  • TCMPTCMP Disguised Members  2773WRX Points: 4Posts: 2,773 Titanium Tees
    mahonie wrote on 02 February 2010 - 01:58 PM:

Just bought an 8883 as back up to my old 8813 and took only 25 putts on the first round! I average 33. Beautiful feel and alignment aid is spot on - felt that I couldn't miss from 10 feet in. Can't wait until the greens shake off the winter cold and start running more true.

Nice round of putting! I may have to check out the 88 series
    Posted:
  • DWRECK12DWRECK12 Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3
    I got my fg tour's coming in the mail! Can't wait! Hopefully i will grab some tw9's soon... i still have my tw6's in my bag
    Posted:
  • Stinger82Stinger82 Members  3542WRX Points: 0Handicap: 11Posts: 3,542
    The fg59's are probably the sweetest looking irons I have ever seen! I almost bought a set on the bay a few weeks ago. the guy sold them for $300 BIN! I am still kicking myself for not buying those.

The ci7's were awesome irons so I am sure that the fg tours and ci9's will be nice as well

Way to go Wilson keep it upgood.gif
    Posted:
    TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*
  • irvtrainirvtrain Denver, COMembers  1030WRX Points: 121Handicap: .4Posts: 1,030 Platinum Tees
    Where are Wilson's irons manufactured/forged these days?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Stinger82 wrote on 12 February 2010 - 05:00 PM:

The fg59's are probably the sweetest looking irons I have ever seen! I almost bought a set on the bay a few weeks ago. the guy sold them for $300 BIN! I am still kicking myself for not buying those.

The ci7's were awesome irons so I am sure that the fg tours and ci9's will be nice as well

Way to go Wilson keep it upgood.gif

If you are a fan of blades and had the cash, you should be kicking yourself for not getting those for $300! image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I hit both the FG Tours and Ci9's at a demo day. Both are very solid offerings. IMO the Ci9's were not really an upgrade over the Ci6/7's. So, unless you want conforming clubs I wouldn't get the Ci9's.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.