Does anyone go to the course "all logo'd up"?

[quote name='tjy355' date='16 March 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1268766618' post='2320125']

So... no logos looks sloppy and unprofessional? WTF?
[/quote]

No, has nothing to do with logo's. He wears his homey, comfy clothes that is great hanging out at home, but not befitting a professional golfer. Half the time, he looks like he just woke up and walked onto the course, half his pants looks like jeans. Of course, it's my opinion only, but just doesn't look like a professional golfer.

But, logo clothing means clothes designed for golf, so more appropriate as a professional, no?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were to take it to extremes, you could call someone all "logo'ed up" a poser.

But by the same token, someone wearing mismatching logos would be what we call around these parts "perpetrating"! To imagine an extreme example, imagine wearing both red and blue colors in a blood or cryp neighborhood.....

So I would say it's better to be a poser than to be a perpetrator.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

Ryan Moore's game looks like a professional golfer, and thats all that matters IMO. His look is better than the stuffy country club vibe, again IMO.

I personally wear the logos of the clubs I play. Not trying to look like anyone or out of my skill level, just love my clubs and like their gear as well. Wear what you like and forget what other people think.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

This kind of brings me back to the staff bag question "is it to pretentious (sp???sorry) to have one if your not a pro. Who gives a care. I have a friend that sucks but he is gonna look damn good in his all tw gear doing it. I have a friend that is a total slob and when i need to win money i bring him along in jeans and we kick a**. Who cares. I wear my clubs shirts mostly or my work shirts, thank you micheal kohrs for those! If I wanna play a round and not tell ppl I teach golf for a living Ill go out there in a tshirt and golf shorts and just play. If I wanna show off or playing in front of my gf's dad's cronies its staff bag and sponsored out. Kinda how I feel and whatever is clean.

And by the way Ryan Moore's game is legit and his style may not be yours. Ricky Fowlers game is legit and stlye may not be yours. John Daly's game is all over the place as well as his style, but it maybe yours, its just clothes and all of us come into the world without any so wear whatever you want

my golf shirts are normally from nike, adidas, lacoste and ralph lauren...i currently rotate my shoes among an nike air max rejuvenates(white),adidas tour 360 II(black) and powerband 2.0(black&white) and ecco casual hydromax saddle(brown&white)....i normally wear golf shorts by greg norman, nike, banana republic, ralph lauren, and lacoste.....my golf hats are mostly callaway and kangol....my socks are nike, adidas and thorlo.....

there are times when one brand sort of converges for the day but never on a deliberate basis....depends on the colors i want to use for the day....

and oh--my clubs/bag are mostly callaways(see my sig) but except for the caps i don't like their apparel line..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='Zooko23' date='17 March 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1268816873' post='2322172']

And by the way Ryan Moore's game is legit and his style may not be yours. Ricky Fowlers game is legit and stlye may not be yours. John Daly's game is all over the place as well as his style, but it maybe yours, its just clothes and all of us come into the world without any so wear whatever you want
[/quote]

Not questioning the playing ability of any professional golfer. Do you mean if his game was not legit, then he loses the right to wear whatever they wants? They all have game. However, the term 'professional' does carry with it a certain requirement to act, look, and behave in a certain decorum.

I get it, it's not that I don't. Ryan Moore wants to have his own identity. That's why he has chosen to turn down endorsement dollars so that he can play and wear whatever he wants. I don't have a problem with what he wears if it looks professional. But jeans and a collared shirt doesn't necessarily present himself as 'professional'. Many other professions carry with it a certain expectation of how you should dress, golf is no exception.

I get what was said about Ryan Moore's style. He didn't look sloppy to me, but what really got me was his Vans-like skate shoes on the course. I knew way too many guys that would show up to play like that in college and I knew if that guy was my partner, I was going to lose (probably because I was so bugged by their footwear to worry about my own game). Of course, it would be a different story if Ryan was my partner in a little Bingo, Bango, Bongo. Is he still wearing those? Do they have spikes? The Scratch hats he wears look excellent, though.

The best-dressed golfer I know is a guy I work with who plays in my regular group occasionally. His style is reminiscent of what I think it looked like when Frank Sinatra would show up at the Crosby Clambake, but he's a smooth operator at work, too. What do you guys think of those kind of hats, like Justin Timberlake and the other celebrities will wear on the course? Fedoras and such?

Am I the only one on here that benefits from wearing a logo? My wife and I have a small business and I try to wear our logo as much as possible.

But I also wear the typical golf logos, and also the logos of the various clubs/courses I've played. Generally, the most important thing to me is to match the colors nicely.

If I like a particular logo, I'll buy a few of various colors so I can mix/match.

If you match things nicely, the logos tend to blend in and not look too gawdy (sp?). I see too many guys who want to wear a particular hat and it doesn't match anything else they are wearing.

I definitely don't like the NASCAR look and I think some pro golfers are getting there rapidly. Yes, I understand that if someone wants to give them money, they should take it, and wear the logos proudly. But at least try and make them look a little classy.

I'm guessing the PGA doesn't have logo restrictions? I know some sports do.

I agree with the OP. I noticed a year or two ago I was wearing all the same logo. So now I get random hats. Mainly hats with a MMA logo. So now I have a random hat (usually black or white so it will match most anything) brand name polo with logo on sleeve (very discrete) shorts (obviously) and golf shoes. I match but I dont look like I came off a magazine ad.

Nike Vapor Pro Blades 5-PW
Nike Unitized Putter
Nike Covert Driver
Nike Engage Wedges
Nike CPR 5 Wood (yes the original CPR)
NIKE Sasquatch 3 Wood

[quote name='eyeguy' date='16 March 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1268804183' post='2322043']
[quote name='tjy355' date='16 March 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1268766618' post='2320125']
[/quote]

No, has nothing to do with logo's. He wears his homey, comfy clothes that is great hanging out at home, but not befitting a professional golfer. Half the time, he looks like he just woke up and walked onto the course, half his pants looks like jeans. Of course, it's my opinion only, but just doesn't look like a professional golfer.

[/quote]

But the topic is LOGO'ed clothing. Your comments about Ryan Moore are tangential and off topic. His style and the presence or not of logos are unrelated.

[quote name='eyeguy' date='16 March 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1268804183' post='2322043']

But, logo clothing means clothes designed for golf, so more appropriate as a professional, no?
[/quote]

Loudmouth clothes are designed for golf, so someone wearing those looks professional then?

Funny I came accross this topic. Last Friday we played a round with some guys from work. Along the way one guy asks me if I'm sponsored by Nike. I was wearing a VR hat, Nike polo, shorts and shoes.

Personally I have a preference for Nike that stems from my first love, basketball. I say wear what you like and don't pay any mind to what others may say or think. Won't change the way you play one way or another.

oh yea, and my entire bag is Nike also, except for my wedges. :)

I wear whatever I find on the clearance rack. Adidas, Ping, Cutter and Buck, Ashworth, Under Armor....whatever. As long as I can coordinate a decent looking outfit out of it I'll wear mix and match items. Only thing that doesn't change for me apparel-wise is my FootJoy shoes, nothing else is as comfortable when walking a course.

Cram it with walnuts!

I never match brands completely. Usually khaki shorts, sometimes tasteful plaid. Collared shirt, could be Lacoste, Nike, Adidas, UA, Polo, just depends on whats clean and pressed and ready to go? Sometimes I tuck in, sometimes I dont tuck. Depends on the course and who I am playing with. Client golf, always tucked in. Friendly golf, never tucked in. Shoes could be Adidas, shorts could be Nike, shirt could be Under Armour, hat could be Mizuno? All colors will match though for the most part.

Clothes I can see all matching to look nice especially when playing a better course. I start to question when the clubs, bag, shoes, hat, shirt, pants, wristband, belt all match, and the bag is a staff bag but the handicap is a 20+ and they all look like they were just bought an hour before tee time. That is a poser... or someone who is going to play golf with someone who loves a certain brand and is about to seal a huge business deal thats going to net them a ton of cash, if the later is the case, more power to you...

This describes me most of the time. Not totally by choice. I 'fell' into Nike clubs...eventually reazlized I had just about a whole bag. So, I got a Nike bag when I did.

I play Nike balls too. Back in the day, they had a GREAT trophy you could purchase if you got a hole in one. I was sold...silly I know, but the balls work for me.

Clothing....there is a Nike Outlet by my work, and I get a lot...arguably TOO MUCH....of my wardrobe there. Especially golf shirts, and workout gear....at a discount. Sometimes even pants.

With the critical mass...any other name brand looks out of place. I may insert an off brand hat (indepedent)...Slighter Putters (Scratch wedeges would work too). But a TM logo would make me look sillier.

I would play the same way in jeans...so that doesn't matter. Sometimes I do think I look silly...but I get over it pretty quick.

Nike Covert Tour 2.0 - Velox
Nike T60 3w & 5w - Aldila NV
Nike Covert 2.0 or CPR 3 HY
Nike NDS/Pro Combo Split Set
Nike VR 52* & 56*
Nike T130

[quote name='tjy355' date='17 March 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1268855665' post='2323170']
[/quote]

[/quote]

But the topic is LOGO'ed clothing. Your comments about Ryan Moore are tangential and off topic. His style and the presence or not of logos are unrelated.

[/quote]

Loudmouth clothes are designed for golf, so someone wearing those looks professional then?
[/quote]

So you slam me for replying to your off the topic retort by saying I am off topic. Hmmm.... Not really interested in debating the virtues of what people wear. I was only citing an example in an On-topic reply. You have your opinion that I do respect and I have mine. So, let's leave it at that and stay on-topic.

None of my pants are logoed, most of my shirts have 1 or no logos, and my hats are usually the standard golf hat. Come to think of it (like the last poster) the hats are the worst. They have one logo on the front, one on the back, and one on each side. I might need to find some more subtle hats I guess. I like logo shirts from different places I've played or my home club for the most part, not company logos like Nike, TM, Callaway...

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' date='16 March 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1268765524' post='2320070']
[quote name='Smooth spin scott' date='16 March 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1268758805' post='2319752']
What are the other options? No Name clothing, shoes, bag etc. I have all titleist and cobra, footjoy shoes, Footjoy raingear. Doesn't bother me, not sure what else your supposed to do, maybe rip the logos off everything? :russian_roulette:

I suggest not to worry about it and just play.
[/quote]
I wear all Adidas apparel and shoes, play TM clubs and wear a TM hat. I prefer that look and could care less what others think. Play and look however you want to and don't worry about what others think.
[/quote]

absolutely agree 100% awesome post

TM Stealth 8* HZRDUS Hulk 70TX
TM tour issue 2017 M2 Diamana DF 80TX
Srixon ZX 3 iron Ventus Blue 10X 
Srixon ZX7 Modus 120X
Cleveland Zipcore 52*, 56*, 60* full face DG Tour Issue Spinner
Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2 SSS 350

I tend to wear adidas clothing, shoes and belts because i like the style of them. plus, the stuff that we get to buy is not nearly as "logo'd up" as what the pros wear. take a look at the difference in logo size on the adidas tour players vs what you buy in your local shop.

I do refuse to wear a logo'd hat though. Usually because they are ugly. I usually don't wear hats, and the reason guys on tour do, is not only for the sun, but mostly because that's a billboard on their head and it pays for their kids to eat.

Just this last week, I was out wearing a Ashworth shirt, TM Visor, and Addidas Shoes, TM driver, 3w and hybrid head covers. I kinda felt like a tool, but what other options are out there?

I probably can start picking up visors from tournaments and wear those instead. Other than headwear, and probably changing my club headcovers to Jan Craigs, there's not much we can do.