2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Sligo's new spring line..... BIG THUMBS UP!

I love the Sligo look and I have to give those guys a big thumbs up for their new spring line. Just picked up the Sligo green plaid pants (http://www.fairwaystyles.com/product/sligo-golf-pants-sligo-green-plaid--spring-2010-2263.cfm?vendorId=1&gender=Men&departmentID=10022&start_row=1) with the Austin Sligo green golf shirt (http://www.fairwaystyles.com/product/sligo-golf-shirt-austin-sligo-green--spring-2010-2039.cfm?vendorId=1&gender=Men&departmentID=10018&start_row=1)and can't wait to get out to the course....wow, they have fantastic looking stuff!

Good job guys....keep it up!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if they changed the way their pants fit in the last two years? I ordered a pair of their pants in 2008 and they had the worst fitting crotch ever! Looked like I had dropped a deuce in my pants...the crotch was wayyy too low and the a** looked horrible. I'm 6'2, 190lbs with a lean athletic build, so I'm not outside the bell curve when it comes to the shape of my waist/hips/a**. My tailor noticed it and remarked about the fit as soon as I put them on. He tried to fix them but ended up just making the waist too small, so they just sit in my closet now. I liked the material (great for hot AZ summers) but I'm hesitant to buy another pair if they are still cut the same.

I normally wear a large polo, do you thik I can get away with an xl in sligo polos? Im gonna order some from fairway styles and they have one I really like for 25 on sale, but it s only in XL

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

Woah, bring back the 70's

97% polyester, 3% spandex... $95 Base color is black with Sligo green and Mckenna blue stripes.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

[quote name='fore_life' date='13 March 2010 - 03:09 AM' timestamp='1268467797' post='2313012']
I normally wear a large polo, do you thik I can get away with an xl in sligo polos? Im gonna order some from fairway styles and they have one I really like for 25 on sale, but it s only in XL
[/quote]

Hmmm... I don't think you want the XL if you normally wear L. Completely up to you and the way you like things to fit, but I think you'll want Sligo shirts in an L, too.

Just curious. For those who have some Sligo pants - are the pants too hot in the summer given that they're all synthetic materials? Seems like they wouldn't breath a bit and be extremely toasty...they are a great looking pant though...

Maybe it's just me but I can't wear a golf shirt in the summer if it isn't 100% cotton - they get too hot and uncomfortable. And I golf in the Canadian prairies! :)

I normally wear Large in polos and the xl in Sligo is the way to go. It's like an athletic fit xl, not baggy, but i feel had i gone down to the Large, it would have been too tight.

M3 Diamana B70X
M1 15* Diamana B80X / MP20 HMB 2 Iron AD-DI 105X

718TMB 3 Iron Modus 120X
MP20 MMC 4-PW Modus 120X
SM8 50,54,58 Modus 120X
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='fore_life' date='14 March 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1268547761' post='2314645']
well crap, I ordered two larges on sale last night, I wish I wouldve ordered an additional one in xl just to try it out :(
[/quote]

You're just going to have to see how you want the shirt to fit. I considered the Sligo polos in M (I'm not an M in anything), because I wanted a slim fit, but the L really is perfect. I wear an XL is some things, too. You're just going to have to judge it for yourself. Post back when the shirts arrive and tell us what you thought of the fit of the L.

Just curious. For those who have some Sligo pants - are the pants too hot in the summer given that they're all synthetic materials? Seems like they wouldn't breath a bit and be extremely toasty...they are a great looking pant though...

Maybe it's just me but I can't wear a golf shirt in the summer if it isn't 100% cotton - they get too hot and uncomfortable. And I golf in the Canadian prairies! smile.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by this....synthetic yarns are MUCH cooler than cotton yarns. That's why all sportswear today for the most part is made of synthetic yarns instead of cotton. In fact, on a weight to weight basis, synthetic shirts and pants will be MUCH lighter than cotton pants and polos. Have you ever noticed that when you sweat in cotton, it looks like you have big blobs of sweat all over the shirt and pants that stick to you, giving you that really terrible "swamp ace" look? You won't get that with synthetic yarns because they wick moisture quickly so that it evaporates and keeps you cool and dry.

You may want to revisit polyester quickly if you don't want to get hot....it is far and away a better yarn than cotton.

[quote name='Chilidog' date='14 March 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1268589156' post='2315136']

I'm not sure what you mean by this....synthetic yarns are MUCH cooler than cotton yarns. That's why all sportswear today for the most part is made of synthetic yarns instead of cotton. In fact, on a weight to weight basis, synthetic shirts and pants will be MUCH lighter than cotton pants and polos. Have you ever noticed that when you sweat in cotton, it looks like you have big blobs of sweat all over the shirt and pants that stick to you, giving you that really terrible "swamp ace" look? You won't get that with synthetic yarns because they wick moisture quickly so that it evaporates and keeps you cool and dry.

You may want to revisit polyester quickly if you don't want to get hot....it is far and away a better yarn than cotton.
[/quote]

Good point chilidog. The microfiber style golf shirts (playdry, dri-fit, etc) are very cool and very good for summer. That said, outside of that style of shirt, I find all natural fiber shirts 'breath' better. I have a 97% poly 3% spandex CBUK shirt which is unbelieveably warm. Equating it back to dress pants, I can't wear dress pants that have any poly in them - not nearly as comfortable as all wool dress pants.

I guess I should've phrased my question better - are these pants more liken to a microfiber style golf shirt (not heavy poly material). If so, they'll be awesome.

[quote name='omr17' date='15 March 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1268676383' post='2317334']
[quote name='Chilidog' date='14 March 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1268589156' post='2315136']

[/quote]

Good point chilidog. The microfiber style golf shirts (playdry, dri-fit, etc) are very cool and very good for summer. That said, outside of that style of shirt, I find all natural fiber shirts 'breath' better. I have a 97% poly 3% spandex CBUK shirt which is unbelieveably warm. Equating it back to dress pants, I can't wear dress pants that have any poly in them - not nearly as comfortable as all wool dress pants.

I guess I should've phrased my question better - are these pants more liken to a microfiber style golf shirt (not heavy poly material). If so, they'll be awesome.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response....I guess I still don't understand. Are you saying that you consider wool pants to be cooler than let's say Adidas Climacool pants? If so, I am not sure how to answer your question. Wool is definitely a fiber engineered for warmth, so I can't answer that. I can answer why your CBUK shirt would feel a little warmer vs. your dri-fit shirts....anytime there is spandex in a product, the product will naturally be heavier because spandex is a heavier yarn than normal polyester. It is essentially twice the weight of a conventional polyester yarn because it is a covered nylon....meaning that you have a core yarn with another yarn wrapped around it. Stick to 100% polyester and you should be fine!

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Chilidog' date='16 March 2010 - 07:16 AM' timestamp='1268745414' post='2319275']

Thanks for the response....I guess I still don't understand. Are you saying that you consider wool pants to be cooler than let's say Adidas Climacool pants? If so, I am not sure how to answer your question. Wool is definitely a fiber engineered for warmth, so I can't answer that. I can answer why your CBUK shirt would feel a little warmer vs. your dri-fit shirts....anytime there is spandex in a product, the product will naturally be heavier because spandex is a heavier yarn than normal polyester. It is essentially twice the weight of a conventional polyester yarn because it is a covered nylon....meaning that you have a core yarn with another yarn wrapped around it. Stick to 100% polyester and you should be fine!

Hope that helps!
[/quote]

Thanks Chilidog. If these pants are like the Adidas Climacool, they'll be awesome.

Good find btw. I check fairway styles fairly regularly but hadn't been there for a while so was unaware these were even out.

My taste in clothing is a little more traditional than Sligo (I have a few of the more mainstream looking pieces), but the Sligo guys are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. And hilarious. Bonus, they have serious game.

If you are on the fence about buying, and things like the quality of the people behind the company matter to you, then go for it. Great guys. In my experience, fit of Sligo leans toward the European - true to size, but slim fitting. If you are in-between sizes and you usually prefer American cut clothing, go a size up.

(Note: I am not affiliated with the company or any of the guys that own/run the company.)

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='fore_life' date='14 March 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1268547761' post='2314645']
well crap, I ordered two larges on sale last night, I wish I wouldve ordered an additional one in xl just to try it out :(
[/quote]

Fore -- I just picked up a couple of their 2010 Mentor shirts. Oddly enough, even though they are "Mentors," and I have a few "Mentors" from last year, the new ones appear to be cut slightly differently than the older ones. They ARE a bit slimmer. I still like the way they look, but the large does feel smaller than the previous large.

Have you gotten yours yet? What's your take?

I havent gotten mine yet, but Im assuming the L will be just fine. Hopefully they'll be heere by Fri and I can write a nice update/review

BTW, the people at fairwaystyles are superb to deal with, very friendly and helpful.

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

Got my shirts and visor today!

The quality seems really good and the fit seems pretty good. The large isnt tight on me, but its def on the smaller spectrum of large. Kind of snug on my arms, but very comfy just the same. Im sure an XL would fit just fine. Only complaint about the fit is that I wish they were a little longer. I like golf shirts to be long enough to stay tucked in without any worries.

BTW, Im 6ft 2ish, 220lbs.

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

[quote name='fore_life' date='19 March 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1268979715' post='2326642']
Got my shirts and visor today!

The quality seems really good and the fit seems pretty good. The large isnt tight on me, but its def on the smaller spectrum of large. Kind of snug on my arms, but very comfy just the same. Im sure an XL would fit just fine. Only complaint about the fit is that I wish they were a little longer. I like golf shirts to be long enough to stay tucked in without any worries.

BTW, Im 6ft 2ish, 220lbs.
[/quote]

Interesting! I definitely thought these shirt tails were on the long side. Then again, I'm just 6', not 6'-2". But I find the tails to be long nonetheless...

I mean Im sure they are long enough to stay tucked in, but Im just used to adidas shirts which seem to be pretty long in size large, allowing you to kinda "blouse" it out or whatever. These shirts are awsome looking though. In fact Ive got it here with me hanging up in my work cubicle for todays post-work round, which will be in about 1 or so partytime2.gif

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

So I've been looking at Sligo's stuff and I really like the look of it, the only thing is that I'm not sure on sizing. I'm 6'4 195lbs and usually wear an XL in Polo shirts and a 35 in Polo pants, any idea on what sizes I should get? I don't want to order a bunch of stuff and then find out its the wrong size.