CLEVELAND CLASSIC BRONZE

golf1010

i am very excited about this putter!! In fairness the those higher priced putters, I believe that this putter is cast and then face milled. In addition it is made from 17-4 SS and most of the big name big cost makers use 303 SS. But, I actually prefer the classics #1 to the SS scotty's. While 100% milled is attractive, who cares how its made if it hits it pure and soft.

Cally Epic SZ, Cally 815 alpha FW, Cally alpha 815 3 and 4 hybrid, Apex Pro 5-Aw, callaway md2 54, callaway md2 58, Xenon Custom Copper Bullseye

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O M G!!! I have a classic # 2. only complaint was that the 17-4 stainless was too hard. could only use it on slow muni greens. this should fix that problem. WOW, these should fly off the shelves. NICE JOB CLEVELAND!!!!
PICS UP AT CLEVELAND!! 350 GRAMS TOO WOOT WOOT!!! ordering mine asap, will see if they can adjust lofts in special order?!!
http://clevelandgolf.com/US_classic-2-brz-putter__classic_2_brz_putter__viewProd_putters.html
UPDATE: Spoke to Cleveland customer service. Cleveland can bend loft/lie +/- 2 degrees on special orders, and will still warranty. He wouldn't confirm List price, but did CONFIRM it is in the same price range as Original cleveland classics!!! Also said he hit putts with both, and i won't be disappointed. Ordering mine now!!
Da' Raidernute

[quote name='raidernut1234' date='10 March 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1268242704' post='2306741']
O M G!!! I have a classic # 2. only complaint was that the 17-4 stainless was too hard. could only use it on slow muni greens. this should fix that problem. WOW, these should fly off the shelves. NICE JOB CLEVELAND!!!!
PICS UP AT CLEVELAND!! 350 GRAMS TOO WOOT WOOT!!! ordering mine asap, will see if they can adjust lofts in special order?!!
[url="http://clevelandgolf.com/US_classic-2-brz-putter__classic_2_brz_putter__viewProd_putters.html"]http://clevelandgolf...od_putters.html[/url]
UPDATE: Spoke to Cleveland customer service. Cleveland can bend loft/lie +/- 2 degrees on special orders, and will still warranty. He wouldn't confirm List price, but did CONFIRM it is in the same price range as Original cleveland classics!!! Also said he hit putts with both, and i won't be disappointed. Ordering mine now!!
Da' Raidernute
[/quote]

nice thanks for the up date

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dansrixon' date='17 February 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1266427506' post='2257778']
350grams, 3* of loft, 70* lie angle. Comes with an oil treated cloth to prevent the bronze from oxidizing, the insert is aluminum with infused copper. Available 4/1, but will probably start showing up 3/15.
[/quote]

What is the long term effect of not using the oil treated cloth? I am in a pretty dry climate and take good care of my clubs, but I would hate to pull the putter out after a few weeks of no golf and see the head in poor shape.

Thanks, drn92

• 2 weeks later...

bought one today and will be in the bag tomorrow morning. The 34", #1 BRZ was too cheap to pass up.

I got mine at Roger Dunn here in SoCal. $79 due to the fact it was the floor demo, it was in perfect condition so I grabbed it.

I also have the Classic #1 so I've got a new line up of inexpensive Cleveland putters going right now...nice lines and a very good alternative to my high end line up.

[quote name='daydreamer' date='02 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1270263008' post='2357751']
bought one today and will be in the bag tomorrow morning. The 34", #1 BRZ was too cheap to pass up.

I got mine at Roger Dunn here in SoCal. $79 due to the fact it was the floor demo, it was in perfect condition so I grabbed it.

I also have the Classic #1 so I've got a new line up of inexpensive Cleveland putters going right now...nice lines and a very good alternative to my high end line up.
[/quote]

dang! i hope they have some more of those, didnt expect it to be there already... i usually avoid those type of places...

okay opening round today with the new putter. The head weight is very nice, the sight lines are nice too at address. It's got a nice click to it at impact. It's firm but not as firm as the prior year's Classic #1, but it's also not as soft as my Byron Morgan copper putter of course due to the metal material. To really nitpick a really amazing putter, I think they got a little carried away on the white paintfill on the flange and other places like the back cavity, the stark white is pretty severe looking against the nice bronze coloring. The other thing is the grip, it's of very high quality but a bit too rough and tacky than I'd like it to be. I prefer the smoother Iomic putter grips (or the similar feeling Ping Blackout). Overall the BRZ is a strong putter and could see some play here and there in my bag. My Byron is still locked in the lead spot for me, due to the face balance nature of it all and the impact softness, and truthfully, I'm more confident with it but that comes with familiarity. A great steal of a deal though and a value in today's budget conscience world. Kudos to Cleveland...keep it up.

i just got a cleveland classic bronze 4.5 for my birthday present, i tried the white ice's, nike method, rife aussie ibf, studio selects, and the rossa core classics, all i can say is that it's pretty awesome when the one that feels the best just so happens to be the cheapest

i also tried the satin cleveland classics, they were nice also, but they felt a little firmer, the bronze feels super soft, and it also looks sweet

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

Does anyone know the toe hang of the #4.5? I love the amount of offset with the slant neck but I'm not sure if it'll work for me.

Thanks,
Matt

Driver - Taylormade M2 Hzrdus Black 6.5
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CBX T3 Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
Hybrids - Sub 70 939x Hzrdus Black
Irons - Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW
Wedges - 52* & 58* Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0
Putter - Cleveland HB Soft Premier #3

• 2 weeks later...

These putters really are awesome! I was putting around today at Dick's and I kept coming back to the BRZ 5. They really are worth trying out, I certainly was impressed with the feel and the roll. All the ones I tried (34") had the plastic on the grip so I can't comment on it. I was sinking almost everything with the 5...was really hard to walk out of there without it! Tomorrow I just might go back!

[quote name='Rocco V' date='27 April 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1272433506' post='2405651']Kind of a lame question.. but it's the only one left I have about this putter. Call it curiosity about what I'm going to get. (I AM buying this thing. #1. LOVE it.)

What does the headcover look like? Does it even come with one? I haven't been able to find a single picture to illustrate anything of the sort.
[/quote]

Black (synthetic I believe) leather. 'Cleveland GOLF' stitched in white along the top. the Cleveland symbol stitched on both sides. Velcro back entry. Black fleece inside.