New Rules in Effect and clarification of Rules *Update 5/16*

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry one more scenario I just thought of and not sure if you thought of it.

Obviously this is to avoid bad deals going on, however could these people not just go to the WTB section and then hawk their stuff by PMing members and ripping them off that way, or will anyone with less that 75 posts be unable to access the WTB forum?

As a person that has been a member for over 3 years, but doesn't post very much (but have excellent feedback), I think this is a lousy idea. Seems like we are penalizing good long standing members because of a few bad apples. I did not follow the discussion on this, but I sure would have thought we could have come up with a more clever solution to eliminate the folks that are abusing the forum...... sigh

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1273977771' post='2444102']
Guess you guys have enough members. I hope someone starts another site and forgets all about GolfWRX.
[/quote]

Seriously? All they ask is that people "contribute" a little to the site. The BST is free and it is a privilege it is not a right YOU are given. Go make some meaningful posts and then you can use the BST. If you decide not to start posting...wel then stop complaining!

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1273977771' post='2444102']
Guess you guys have enough members. I hope someone starts another site and forgets all about GolfWRX.
[/quote]

Lots of sites use a minimum post rule. This site was long overdue to establish one.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='BuckyBadger' date='15 May 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1273977498' post='2444094']
[quote name='LBattaglia93' date='15 May 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1273975330' post='2443968']
So I'm guessing that if you want to buy an item and you don't have 75 posts you must PM the seller?
[/quote]

I am confused by this. I never respond to people who post in my ad that they will take the item. They MUST send me a PM so I can give them my PayPal address.

So does this rule mean that a person with less than 75 posts can't respond to an ad or can't buy anything by sending a PM to the seller?
[/quote]

As has been mentioned multiple times in the thread, it does not effect PM capabilites. Just posting in the forum.

This rule was completely from the community. It was not initiated or decided upon solely or by majority of ownership.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Right on Bro! I totally agree with you. I guess you have to post 75 times otherwise you're untrustworthy. what a crock!

You do realize that all these short little meaningless posts you are making are not counting towards your post count. biggrin.gif

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1273978249' post='2444125']
Right on Bro! I totally agree with you. I guess you have to post 75 times otherwise you're untrustworthy. what a crock!
[/quote]

The other alternative is to pay for an Ad.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1273978647' post='2444141']
I could give a hoot about my post count! you ever hear the word discrimination? Ebay works just as well if not better!
[/quote]

Discrimination?? It is their site and they are nice enough to provide a FREE BST. It is not a right whether you like it or not.

Go to ebay and sell your stuff. You HAVE to pay there. If you can't manage a few posts here and there then your input on the site isn't doing anyone much good anyway

I don't think this is all that much of a problem, I tend to read a lot, post a little and sell occasionally. My one purchase here so far went like a dream. This is by far the best golf site out there and I intend to continue to participate. This simply gives me a bit of an incentive to add my 2 cnts more than I have in the past. What I expect from this site in terms of bst is a bit more protection from fakes than can be found on ebay. This will certainly be a start and if it has to be tweaked later I trust that it will be.

[quote name='akrhino' date='15 May 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1273978905' post='2444156']
Does this not worry anybody else???? We all left the other site because of the gestapo.
Post count does not have anything to do with seller ethics.
Just my .02 cents.
[/quote]

Reference the date of this thread and the discussions that took place:
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/page__st__80

Decision had nothing to do with management and was demanded by the community.

BST AD Help

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 08:03 PM' timestamp='1273979035' post='2444163']
you pay on this site too genius! you ever see the pp fee?
[/quote]

Joining this site is free. Posting is free in the forums. Don't quite get what you are seeing.

BST AD Help

..that is a paypal fee not a wrx fee. On ebay you have EBAY fees. There are no WRX fees unless you want your ad pinned.

Do some homework before you make a post please

I have been on here and using the site for a year and posted a decent amount of posts but still fall short of the required posts. I agree that in the last few months the amount of new people selling on here has gone up a ton. I don't buy and sell a ton so building up feedback is a slow process unless you have a ton of stuff to sell. Either way I will still use the site because I think it is a great site, I just don't think I will be able to sell anything else on the forum for a while. It is too bad some people had make this a requirement. I still thank the site for all that it offers.

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1273979171' post='2444175']
Can you provide proof of that? Or should we just believe you?
[/quote]

Please clarify what you are saying? Cause if there is another revenue stream, I must be missing it.

BST AD Help

[quote name='bill p' date='15 May 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1273979193' post='2444178']
I have been on here and using the site for a year and posted a decent amount of posts but still fall short of the required posts. I agree that in the last few months the amount of new people selling on here has gone up a ton. I don't buy and sell a ton so building up feedback is a slow process unless you have a ton of stuff to sell. Either way I will still use the site because I think it is a great site, I just don't think I will be able to sell anything else on the forum for a while. It is too bad some people had make this a requirement. I still thank the site for all that it offers.
[/quote]

If people are wanting to not post and just use the BST, there are other options.

BST AD Help

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1273979384' post='2444187']
you said the community wanted this rule. Prove it!
[/quote]

CLICK ON THE LINK HE PROVIDED! Pretty simple really

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1273979384' post='2444187']
you said the community wanted this rule. Prove it!
[/quote]

Can you prove I'm a nazi?

Here is the link:
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/

Ownership is not here to kill the community. Its your community not ours and we institute rules the community wants from feedback from them and moderators.

BST AD Help

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1273979108' post='2444169']
I'm with ya bro! definite gestapo tactics.
[/quote]

I am going to have to argue with the gestapo tactics comment this is a free site that is provided for and maintained by the owners. Although it sucks for those of us who don't have the posts yet, it is clearly being done to try to help the masses and hopefully it will.