New Rules in Effect and clarification of Rules *Update 5/16*

Are the other options you are talking about becoming a charter member. I have looked at it but it seems closer to a donation, not that I am completely against that I just don't have a lot of extra cash at the time to donate to anything. Is there something else that comes with that or am I not understanding the whole thing.
Thanks

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like people are just trying to get their post count up by posting on this thread!

I think it's a good idea. I do not have enough posts to sell but I will. I enjoy posting on this site anyway so I really do not see the issue. I do think the gifting thing is out of hand. i know....'so don't buy it'...... it's just irritating more than anything I guess.....

Right on Bro! I totally agree with you. I guess you have to post 75 times otherwise you're untrustworthy. what a crock!

Β 

You do realize that all these short little meaningless posts you are making are not counting towards your post count. biggrin.gif

Β 

So, is there a minimum number of words to qualify for a post? Can you write a couple of sentences or post a novel for it to count?

Β 

Β 

Β 

I don't like the idea. People will post, just to post. Talk about disrupting some of the great topics on here, get ready to hear some bull crap from a lot who just want that 75th post. I'm on here everyday, somtimes 3 to 4 times in a day. I enjoy reading the topics, but don't really feel compelled to reply unless I have something meaningful to say, that is my personality. I sure don't have an answer to the problem, just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

Right on Bro! I totally agree with you. I guess you have to post 75 times otherwise you're untrustworthy. what a crock!

Β 

You do realize that all these short little meaningless posts you are making are not counting towards your post count. biggrin.gif

Β 

So, is there a minimum number of words to qualify for a post? Can you write a couple of sentences or post a novel for it to count?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I have no idea what constitutes a post...I was watching his post count total and it was staying at 12. However the mod did say that purposely trying to run up your post count will constitute a BAN

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

Off topic forums and BST posts do not count. 99% of golf related forum topics count. There is no minimum for posts to count but running up posts is part of the forum rules.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

[quote name='cmd' date='15 May 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1273980540' post='2444245']
I don't like the idea. People will post, just to post. Talk about disrupting some of the great topics on here, get ready to hear some bull crap from a lot who just want that 75th post. I'm on here everyday, somtimes 3 to 4 times in a day. I enjoy reading the topics, but don't really feel compelled to reply unless I have something meaningful to say, that is my personality. I sure don't have an answer to the problem, just thought I would put my 2 cents in.
[/quote]

There are forum rules for meaninless posts. You can report them.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

My 0.02, which doesn't mean much.
But the post count is a slippery slope. I have alot of hobbies so I'm a member of alot of forums. Some have post count rules before posting an ad, some don't. Regardless, it doesn't mean you won't get screwed.
On another forum they did much the same, started with a no post count, then 15, then 50....now it's 2% of sale price and dead..
As someone that has been a member here since 08 and have no post (other then 1 ad and this post) I think it's over kill. This is the highest post count requirement I've seen.
If you want to make all parties happy (but you may not care) you could drop the post count to 25 or use a wait period from the time someone becomes a member of the forum (1-3 month). If they are just looking for a one-time sale they aren't going to wait 1-3 mths to do it.

Now I will fade back into the shadows..

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1273980109' post='2444225']
never said you were a nazi. just agreed with another member who said he was trying to get away from gestapo tactics. you might have a little selective reading. sorry for the misunderstanding
[/quote]

How about you go start that other site you were talking about?

It's not like 75 posts takes 4 years to accumulate. With all the topics on this site you could easily get to 75 in a weeks time and do it properly just by posting your opinions/experiences on things that interest you. This site is BY FAR the best golf forum out there and I appreciate the fact that they want to keep improving it. Even if it is at the expense of a few.

How about instant access for club wrx members, I missed the original conversation, so I am not sure if that came up?

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='JDCobra' date='15 May 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1273981113' post='2444277']
i guess you're only running up your post count if you disagree with a rule. If you're in agreement keep posting

well said brother! but you're right they don't care!

when i do i'll let you know, and i'll make sure there is a 200 post rule. just so it protects everyone
[/quote]

Posts in this forum do not count toward your total. You can still purchase by PMing members and WTB posts are still allowed.

BST AD Help

For those with under 75 posts, you would PM with instructions on how to pay for an Ad to be pinned. Members will created their Ads in the cooler and after funds are received, verified and link sent, will be moved to the For Sale section and made visible.

Posts under your name = 27. That is the only one that counts.

BST AD Help

Hello:

I have PM'd GXGolfer. Here is the deal, he stated that those under 75 posts can send submit your post to a forum (NOT YET SET UP FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND) then $5 via PayPal and your post will then get moved by a moderator.

That's what I know so far. I am awaiting an answer as to when that "under 75 post B/S/T forum" is going to be up and running. JUST GOT THE FORUM ANSWER:

[b][i]We are going to use the Cooler Forum:
[/i][/b][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/270-the-cooler-heated-topics/"][color="#000000"][b][i]http://www.golfwrx.c...-heated-topics/[/i][/b][/color][/url][b][i]

[/i][/b]GXGolfer reply to me below:
[b]The rules are in place because that is what the community wanted. If people still want to post an Ad and fall below the 75, then they can pay $5 per week, for up to 10 items, all BST rules apply to [email protected]. After sending funds, the member would send a PM to me with a link to the Ad and email address funds were sent from.[/b]

I hope this helps!

I am under 75 posts as well!

Regards,
Russ

[quote name='3putt18' date='15 May 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1273982560' post='2444338']
Hello:

I have PM'd GXGolfer. Here is the deal, he stated that those under 75 posts can send submit your post to a forum (NOT YET SET UP FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND) then $5 via PayPal and your post will then get moved by a moderator.

That's what I know so far. I am awaiting an answer as to when that "under 75 post B/S/T forum" is going to be up and running.

GXGolfer reply to me below:
[b]The rules are in place because that is what the community wanted. If people still want to post an Ad and fall below the 75, then they can pay $5 per week, for up to 10 items, all BST rules apply to [email protected]. After sending funds, the member would send a PM to me with a link to the Ad and email address funds were sent from.[/b]

I hope this helps!

I am under 75 posts as well!

Regards,
Russ
[/quote]

This is an in general rule and price may fluctuate with volume or products sold. The Cooler section is going to be the initial FS post for those under 75.

BST AD Help

Where were all you complainers when the owners were asking for input. Plenty of people want a rule like this.

Frankly, if you are going to leave over this, and you haven't been posting and contributing, what makes you think anyone is going to miss you anyway?

The BST is free, why should anyone who isn't going to contribute to the community take up bandwidth and space selling stuff? Besides, requiring a post count demonstrates that you are not some whanker here simply to make a quick buck, possibly rip off someone and then disappear. It adds a layer of protection for the contributing membership, and that is welcome even if the additional protection is minor.

Deals should be made via PM anyway, so this stops NOBODY from buying and compared to the total number of members hurts very few legit members who are selling. WRX has always been about the community, and commando selling doesn't add to the community.

[quote name='HeadonaStick' date='16 May 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1273982901' post='2444353']
Where were all you complainers when the owners were asking for input. Plenty of people want a rule like this.

Frankly, if you are going to leave over this, and you haven't been posting and contributing, what makes you think anyone is going to miss you anyway?

The BST is free, why should anyone who isn't going to contribute to the community take up bandwidth and space selling stuff? Besides, requiring a post count demonstrates that you are not some whanker here simply to make a quick buck, possibly rip off someone and then disappear. It adds a layer of protection for the contributing membership, and that is welcome even if the additional protection is minor.

Deals should be made via PM anyway, so this stops NOBODY from buying and compared to the total number of members hurts very few legit members who are selling. WRX has always been about the community, and commando selling doesn't add to the community.
[/quote]

Very well said.