2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Rules in Effect and clarification of Rules *Update 5/16*

[quote name='chicken tycoon' date='09 June 2010 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1276066212' post='2497126']
I think its quite hilarious how people with a lot of posts support this rule, and people with very few think its crap. [b]I also read a lot of posts on here, and contributions that make the site better are made in about 5% of the posts. I guess I'll go tell you whats in my bag 60 more times so I can finally sell it in the BST, cuz I'm hitting it like crap.[/b][/quote]

That's why there's also a rule about useless posts and running up your count. A few have been suspended already for that.

What's the problem? If you REALLY need to sell, you still can. The only difference is that you have to pay for it if you are under 75 posts... just like you would if you listed on eBay.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='stage1350' date='09 June 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1276086680' post='2497389']
[quote name='chicken tycoon' date='09 June 2010 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1276066212' post='2497126']
I think its quite hilarious how people with a lot of posts support this rule, and people with very few think its crap. [b]I also read a lot of posts on here, and contributions that make the site better are made in about 5% of the posts. I guess I'll go tell you whats in my bag 60 more times so I can finally sell it in the BST, cuz I'm hitting it like crap.[/b][/quote]

That's why there's also a rule about useless posts and running up your count. A few have been suspended already for that.

What's the problem? If you REALLY need to sell, you still can. The only difference is that you have to pay for it if you are under 75 posts... just like you would if you listed on eBay.
[/quote]

Thanks for proving my first sentence. As for my second sentence, people taking about Natalie Gulbis and her "sexy calendar" are getting credit for posts. If the members think that makes this site better, there are other sites out there that they would like even more, but I bet they already know about them, they cost even more money, which is why they come here. As for my last sentence, it was a witty remark, next time I'll put lol next to it for people who don't get deadpan humor.

I get the security issues, I understand the reasoning behind it. What you didn't notice is I never said the rule is bad or that I disagree with it. Of course I'm annoyed by having to post 50 more times, but I promise none of them will be about Anna Kournikova....errrr.....Natalie Gulbis. Besides this one that is.

TSR3 9 (C-1) Pro 2.0 TS

Sim2 Rocket (-2.0) F6M2

Ping G430 17 (Shaft Pending)

Pro 245 4-G PX 

MG4 55.13, 60 (LBV)

SM10 60 (T)

Rife 2-Bar Mallet (CS)

Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='jun1307' date='10 June 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1276184830' post='2500636']
How can I pay $5 for post Ad? Please Let me know. Thanks.
[/quote]

It pays to [u]read the rules.[/u]

[u]From our B/S/T Forum rules.[/u]

[color="#515151"][b]1. You must have 75 posts to create a new Golf related product Ad in the BST or PM Gxgolfer for paid alternatives. ClubWRX members are exempt from the restriction (to join look on right column).[u] Users can pay $5 to get their Ad approved if under 75 posts. Please PM Gxgolfer as he will need to know their paypal email address.[/u] The BST is for Golf Related items only.[/b][/color]

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' date='10 June 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1276187677' post='2500725']
[quote name='jun1307' date='10 June 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1276184830' post='2500636']
[/quote]

[color="#515151"][b]1. You must have 75 posts to create a new Golf related product Ad in the BST or PM Gxgolfer for paid alternatives. ClubWRX members are exempt from the restriction (to join look on right column).[u] Users can pay $5 to get their Ad approved if under 75 posts. Please PM Gxgolfer as he will need to know their paypal email address.[/u] The BST is for Golf Related items only.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Mr. Marshall,

Thank you for posting, you have made me a very happy man. It seems that since I am a "member", I should be exempt from the 75 posts rule. However when I try to post in the BST, my post goes to Narnia. This (and my cluelessness with attachments) leads me to have to delete my pictures and re-upload them to use them in my next post, which goes to Tamriel (yes, an elder scrolls reference) Emails to the management of this site have gone unanswered, which made sense when I thought I wasn't exempt. Now that I am, can you please kindly find me an explanation, and more importantly, make it so I can post in the BST? Thank you much for your time.

TSR3 9 (C-1) Pro 2.0 TS

Sim2 Rocket (-2.0) F6M2

Pro 245 4-G PX 

MG4 55.13, 60 (LBV)

SM10 60 (T)

Rife 2-Bar Mallet (CS)

Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='chicken tycoon' date='10 June 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1276187568' post='2500718']
[quote name='stage1350' date='09 June 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1276086680' post='2497389']

[/quote]

Thanks for proving my first sentence. As for my second sentence, people taking about Natalie Gulbis and her "sexy calendar" are getting credit for posts. If the members think that makes this site better, there are other sites out there that they would like even more, but I bet they already know about them, they cost even more money, which is why they come here. As for my last sentence, it was a witty remark, next time I'll put lol next to it for people who don't get deadpan humor.

I get the security issues, I understand the reasoning behind it. What you didn't notice is I never said the rule is bad or that I disagree with it. Of course I'm annoyed by having to post 50 more times, but I promise none of them will be about Anna Kournikova....errrr.....Natalie Gulbis. Besides this one that is.
[/quote]

The people that weren't affected by PayPal holding funds didn't worry about that either while everyone that had money held whined like girls with skinned knees. What's the issue there? PayPal/eBay want you to prove yourselves by having 100+ feedback. Is that REALLY unreasonable? Is holding your funds until the buyer satisfied REALLY unreasonable? The only people that would think otherwise are the selfish "me too-right now" group or those that are trying to pass off shady crap.

At least you have an option of paying for your ad here. Nobody's locked out completely. And I still don't understand anyone that thinks they are contributing if they don't have 75 posts in 18 months. That's not even a post a week. But you think you should be able to sell all day long?

Come on.

[quote name='stage1350' date='10 June 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1276202544' post='2501320']
Nobody's locked out completely. And I still don't understand anyone that thinks they are contributing if they don't have 75 posts in 18 months. That's not even a post a week. But you think you should be able to sell all day long?

Come on.
[/quote]

Let's not confound issues here. GXGolfer indicated that having a post-minimum was a security issue; he did not indicate that it was some sort of measure designed to boost participation in the forums. However easy it might be to achieve 75 posts in 18 months is beside the point. The 75 post minimum is merely a hoop that must be jumped through in order to discourage the fly-by-night scammers. But as you indicated, it is actually quite easy to get to 75 posts and thus the new rule is not foolproof. Nevertheless, the rule is simply not in place to encourage posting. This is a by-product of the rule. But it is not the goal of the rule.

But let's pretend that encouraging posts is an actual goal of the rule. Even under this framework, your argument doesn't hold water. As indicated by many people's posts who are against the posting minimum (or argued to lower it when it was higher) there is a large contingent of the GolfWRX community that spends the majority of their time in the BST forums. The more postings in the BST forum, the richer and more quality of an experience one will have when reading it. So someone who only posts an ad in the BST once a month but does not post in other forums is actually contributing more to the quality of the BST forums than someone with 2,000 posts who never visits the BST forum. Unless you think that the BST forum is somehow inferior to the rest of the site, you have to give all posts in all forums the same weight. Remember, for the sake of this discuss we are pretending that encouraging quality posts is the goal of the rule, so you cannot retort with issues of security in your answer. Is the BST forum an inferior forum since it engages in the physical trade of goods rather than the intellectual discussion and the like?

My point is that security, not the encouragement of posting, is the goal behind the new rules. Furthermore, you cannot argue that the rule should exist simply because it is easy to meet its minimum requirements.

I have already said that I am fine with this rule. I may disagree with it (although I am currently very close to 75 posts), but I was satisfied upon airing my grievances and understanding that my concerns were considered in the overall evaluation. Reasonable minds can disagree on the efficacy of rules, and that is ok.

Finally, stage1350, I'm not attacking you personally but rather your argument. I have seen your quality posts throughout all forums of this site and I recognize and appreciate your insights and comments. I just felt like I had to speak up again since someone was getting slammed for voicing their dissent on the efficacy of the new rule.

[quote name='highergr0und' date='10 June 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1276202711' post='2501323']
You're a regular member, but you have less than 75 posts. Either get to 75 or pay the $5 fee. If you're a charter member (pay $35 to support the site), the minimum is waived.
[/quote]

Thanks

Stage1350, buddy, calm down there slugger. Your arguments (as pointed out by another member) do not hold water. But, I will admit, this is because I didn't make a statement to argue with, unless you are telling me that I should not be annoyed. I never said the rule is bad, I never said I felt singled out, I never even tried to give other options. I even said I basically agree with the rule. Yet you argue with me like my wife, although you talk more, and give better background info. (kudos for the paypal reference)

So since we have established that I agree with the rule, it seems to me that you're basically trying to say "I got 75 posts, and you don't, so quit whining." This leaves me with 2 answers. 1. You wasted a lot of time in telling me that. and 2. Thanks for once again proving my first statement in this forum.

P.S. Thanks for helping me enjoy getting to 75 posts.

TSR3 9 (C-1) Pro 2.0 TS

Sim2 Rocket (-2.0) F6M2

Pro 245 4-G PX 

MG4 55.13, 60 (LBV)

SM10 60 (T)

Rife 2-Bar Mallet (CS)

Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='chicken tycoon' date='10 June 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1276207856' post='2501482']
Stage1350, buddy, calm down there slugger. Your arguments (as pointed out by another member) do not hold water. But, I will admit, this is because I didn't make a statement to argue with, unless you are telling me that I should not be annoyed. I never said the rule is bad, I never said I felt singled out, I never even tried to give other options. I even said I basically agree with the rule. Yet you argue with me like my wife, although you talk more, and give better background info. (kudos for the paypal reference)

So since we have established that I agree with the rule, it seems to me that you're basically trying to say "I got 75 posts, and you don't, so quit whining." This leaves me with 2 answers. 1. You wasted a lot of time in telling me that. and 2. Thanks for once again proving my first statement in this forum.

[b]P.S. Thanks for helping me enjoy getting to 75 posts.[/b]
[/quote]

But you only have 59....

Believe me - not the first time I've been the butt of the joke, nor is it the first time I deserved it.

Would have been funnier if he didn't tell me, I woulda posted at least 10 more before I realized the discrepancy. I was wondering why there was such a difference between the # next to my name and the # in my profile.

To be honest - the first post was done when I was quite drunk, and I thought it was quite hilarious, and not argumentative. Looking back, it might not have been as funny as it was when I was 3 sheets, but I still think the reply by stage warranted some banter on my part.

TSR3 9 (C-1) Pro 2.0 TS

Sim2 Rocket (-2.0) F6M2

Pro 245 4-G PX 

MG4 55.13, 60 (LBV)

SM10 60 (T)

Rife 2-Bar Mallet (CS)

Z-Star Diamond

• 3 weeks later...

I'm always good with banter and certainly am not one to discourage tomfoolery either. As passionate as I am about both the game and this site, I try to keep it lighthearted.

Tonight's a perfect example. Two posters with 40 and 50+ posts in one day. Magically, they both stopped posting when their count was 75. Coincidence? I think not.

Just like the technology in golf debate, someone will figure out how to beat the mousetrap no matter how elaborate the rules are. Granted, 75 posts is about the simplest method, but what does it prove, expecially when you have to stop counting posts in 3-4 forums because people are racking up their count with "nice bag" comments?

As stated above, every site I've belonged to (golf or otherwise) has a BST to supplement the board, not be it's main attraction. If you really want to sell, you get much better exposure on eBay, so why not go there? (And I answer:) Because it's not FREE. So we have a group of dbags selling razors, iPods, Xboxes, etc. here and pushing legitimate golf ads out of the way. Then add the people bottom feeding eBay and trying to flip here for profit. Then add the people that think it's worth posting a FS ad for the 50 cent Northwestern 4 iron they bought at Goodwill. This is value-adding to the site?

I've bought and sold my fair share here. I've also posted my fair share here. It's not hard to post an opinion and even easier to disagree and debate someone elses. And I love the bitter irony of the would be deaf-mutes that couldn't be bothered to post on the forums before that now rant with Shakespeareian prose about their BST privileges being cut off. If all you are about is the BST, admit it. It's not a big thing. But if that's all you want, paying for it shouldn't be a big deal either. Afterall, you're in it for the money. Sometimes, it takes money to make money. I don't fault the Classifieds Supporters that have been paying this entire time. In fact, I know quite a few and have done business with them in the past. They are here to sell and don't want to post, so they pay. Why should anyone else be held to a lower standard?

Security is a small facet of this issue. The primary issue is the time and manpower needed to field the "I've been scammed!" complaints. The mods, especially Carlo, have taken it upon themselves to help, despite the fact that they have zero liability in a private transaction between adults. They do it because we don't need scammers on the site. As this site has grown, the volume continues to increase. What was once a small group of passionate golfers that were tired of another site (which shall remain nameless) and broke off to have something better has morphed into a successful place to exchange thoughts as well as find decent deals on some equipment. eBay used to be the same way, but now everyone says they won't go there because of scammers. God forbid this site does something to protect itself from the same reputation. I know of no reputable site that doesn't have a post minimum before selling.

[quote name='goodguy' date='30 May 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1275272337' post='2477070']
I understand you guys say friends can give good feedback. However if you post where you from on your profile it shows your location. Now I have 8 positive transactions that are not from my state of IL. How can they be my friends from 8 different states? I think they rule should be amended if You have over 5 positive transactions from people that are now around their area. I know this would be hard but just have the people PM the moderators and tell them that they have over 5 positive feedbacks. [size="6"]Most people on this site do not have time to post.[/size] I have been a member since 2006. Gxgolfer is the co-founder of this site and he was a member since 2005. Being a member for so long should also be considered. I disagree with the decision made. I guess I will have to live with it.
[/quote]

.......but you have time to sell? Thanks for clearly stating your intentional use for this site. Not sure if you realize, but this site, meaning the member body and its officials, couldnt care less about your to busy life to where you cant ever post, but can make time to avoid eBay's fees.

[quote name='chicken tycoon' date='10 June 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1276199709' post='2501223']
[quote name='MrParr1Noid' date='10 June 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1276187677' post='2500725']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr. Marshall,

Thank you for posting, you have made me a very happy man. [size="5"]It seems that since I am a "member"[/size], I should be exempt from the 75 posts rule. However when I try to post in the BST, my post goes to Narnia. This (and my cluelessness with attachments) leads me to have to delete my pictures and re-upload them to use them in my next post, which goes to Tamriel (yes, an elder scrolls reference) Emails to the management of this site have gone unanswered, which made sense when I thought I wasn't exempt. Now that I am, can you please kindly find me an explanation, and more importantly, make it so I can post in the BST? Thank you much for your time.
[/quote]
The waiver is for charter member, not the standard member.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Once again, everybody who chirps up saying the dissenters should shut up have over 75 posts. Putterman, thank you for answering something that was already answered 3 weeks ago. And I'm pretty sure at least a couple of people who bought the wares of the guy you lambasted have over 75 posts. And you try to degrade people who may be using the site to sell stuff, but nobody could buy stuff if people didn't sell. My first year on here was looking for clubs I couldn't find on ebay. My point here isn't that the rule is wrong, and I said that before I reached 75, its that everybody who tries to speak up about it gets accused of being a low life by somebody with 4000 posts. Lets assume that it takes 10 minutes to read a post, come up with a worthy (or condescending) reply, and post it. Doing the math, that would lead to close to 700 hours, or a month straight of your life, to come to 4000 posts. I'm sorry dude, but neglecting my wife, kids, and job, to post about what shaft is in Mikelson's 2nd driver is not what I, or many others on this site, would call normal. Putterman, you remind of me of the chat room queen who thinks that just because she's always in the chat room that she can look down on all others in her online world. You called a guy out (quite rudely) because you think he is abusing the system because he doesn't post, yet you think you can abuse him because you have spent a month out of the last 3 years (a larger percentage of time than most people spend eating) gabbing on this site? I get that everybody has their own schedule, and likes doing different things. Feel free to post as much as you want, but don't harass somebody else for not doing what you do.

Oh wait........I have over 75 posts? Disregard what I said. All you losers with under 75 posts, quit yer bitchin'.

TSR3 9 (C-1) Pro 2.0 TS

Sim2 Rocket (-2.0) F6M2

Pro 245 4-G PX 

MG4 55.13, 60 (LBV)

SM10 60 (T)

Rife 2-Bar Mallet (CS)

Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='chicken tycoon' date='28 June 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1277709739' post='2541447']
Once again, everybody who chirps up saying the dissenters should shut up have over 75 posts. Putterman, thank you for answering something that was already answered 3 weeks ago. And I'm pretty sure at least a couple of people who bought the wares of the guy you lambasted have over 75 posts. [size="5"]1 . [/size]And you try to degrade people who may be using the site to sell stuff, but nobody could buy stuff if people didn't sell. My first year on here was looking for clubs I couldn't find on ebay. [size="5"] 2.[/size] My point here isn't that the rule is wrong, and I said that before I reached 75, its that everybody who tries to speak up about it gets accused of being a low life by somebody with 4000 posts. [size="5"] 3.[/size] Lets assume that it takes 10 minutes to read a post, come up with a worthy (or condescending) reply, and post it. Doing the math, that would lead to close to 700 hours, or a month straight of your life, to come to 4000 posts. I'm sorry dude, but neglecting my wife, kids, and job, to post about what shaft is in Mikelson's 2nd driver is not what I, or many others on this site, would call normal. [size="5"]4. [/size] Putterman, you remind of me of the chat room queen who thinks that just because she's always in the chat room that she can look down on all others in her online world. You called a guy out (quite rudely) because you think he is abusing the system because he doesn't post, yet you think you can abuse him because you have spent a month out of the last 3 years (a larger percentage of time than most people spend eating) gabbing on this site? I get that everybody has their own schedule, and likes doing different things. Feel free to post as much as you want, but don't harass somebody else for not doing what you do.

Oh wait........I have over 75 posts? Disregard what I said. All you losers with under 75 posts, quit yer bitchin'.
[/quote]
[size="4"]1.[/size] Its called eBay. And countless times it has been said on here that the BST is a supplement to the Forums, not the other way around. Plenty of people on here take the time to answer a few posts and list a few items for sale, not the other way around, supporting my point the bst in not the main focus. Please let me know how you think you deserve to use the bst for free? Last time I check this site owes you nothing.

[size="4"]2. [/size]Think about it, the ones with the most posts are the ones on here the most. We see far to ofter something in the BST dispute forums where someone got screwed by someone with 3 posts and no feedback. We, the membership, spoke up and asked for this rule, we have been asking for a long time actually. So it makes sense that after asking for such a long time, that we would stand up and defend that against a bunch of cry babies who think its there right to just use the BST and not have to contribute, the rules doesnt say you have to have 75 posts to use the bst, it says if you want to use the bst, its 75 posts or $5 bucks an ad, or $35 to be a charter member. Think about it, if you want to circumvent eBay fee's, $35 aint to bad for a year of selling. Maybe by then one can scrounge up 75 posts.

[size="4"]3.[/size] You read slow. I spend at most 30 minutes to an hour a few days a week on here. I dont drink, smoke and because of budget constraints and me working 60 hours a week, dont play golf, so I unwind on here.

[size="4"]4.[/size] And you remind me of a sh!t disturber. If you took the time to scroll down a few posts, you would notice I posted saying that I wasnt calling the guy out. I was conveying the attitude of the majority of the forums. But I guess you didnt have that extra 5 seconds in your schedule to do so. You would have also notice that the guy never responded.......why is anyones guess, but I would guess that its because the "call out" was correct. I think its funny that you assume I am out to bash people that openly admit the y want to be a parasite to this forum. Let me come live in your basement for a few months, not flush the toilet, eat your food, watch your tv, ect, and get all defensive when you call me out. This place is a community, google that, youll find ever form of a community has its low life and bums, just there to get by doing the minimum and trying to benefit to the max.

I agree some people, even me at times, spend way to much time on here, but the simple fact is that new membership, as much as we love new people, need to know their role as newbies. Learn the way of the forums, earn some respect and and follow the rules. Its funny you act so surprised that people get on the case of newbies that are here spending all their time rocking the boat.............B6, just sunk your battleship.

The point of asking people to have 75 posts is not to build some sort of habit to contribute on here, Its an attempt to build some minimal amount of reputation so that when the people who actually arent bottom feeders, have something to go on when deciding whether or not to buy from someone with minimal cred on here. Its also in place to aid in deterring fly by night scammers. If a person thinks that the are above those reasons then they can simply find an other place to complain that isnt WRX. They will find nothing but redicule here, simple as that.

EDIT: Notice you finally found enough time in your crazy life to make 75 posts. So feel free to disregard this post. Your one of us now.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Does the one ad per month apply to the WTB section also? I have a for sale ad and posted a WTTF/WTB ad and it was deleted? Not sure why. Anyone have any suggestions?

2016 TM M2 8.5* GD BB 6 S 
TM M3 15* Fuji Speeder VC 7.1 S

Titleist 816h 19* Fuji Speeder 8.8 S
Mizuno MP4 DG 120 S 4-pw
Vokey TVD M 52* TIDGS-400
Vokey TVD M 58* TIDGS-400
Bettinardi BB1 2018 34.5"

[quote name='Gator5' timestamp='1298945206' post='3014594']
Does the one ad per month apply to the WTB section also? I have a for sale ad and posted a WTTF/WTB ad and it was deleted? Not sure why. Anyone have any suggestions?
[/quote]

No 30 day rule for WTB forum. Your listing was deleted because you listed specific trade bait. If offering specific items for trade, you need to provide photos and prices and post the ad in the regular BST in accordance with the rules. Please see the pinned topics at the top of the WTB forum for further clarification. Thanks.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

• 2 months later...

What about this rule, if one were to pay the $35 to join would I be exempt from the 30 day posting? I just sold a Betti putter and it's still within the 30 days, and know if I post another putter my listing will get nuked.....

[b]Members are allowed one listing, maximum of 10 items that must be in your posession, per 30 days of a particular item and one listing per 24 hours (i.e. no listing of an item, selling it, closing the ad and starting a brand new one a few hours later). Seller must combine their Ads and cannot post new Ads unless their previous Ad is Closed or deleted.[/b]

If that's the case, then the $35 is well worth it and will join right away.

[quote name='racmbs' timestamp='1306591337' post='3268769']
What about this rule, if one were to pay the $35 to join would I be exempt from the 30 day posting? I just sold a Betti putter and it's still within the 30 days, and know if I post another putter my listing will get nuked.....

[b]Members are allowed one listing, maximum of 10 items that must be in your posession, per 30 days of a particular item and one listing per 24 hours (i.e. no listing of an item, selling it, closing the ad and starting a brand new one a few hours later). Seller must combine their Ads and cannot post new Ads unless their previous Ad is Closed or deleted.[/b]

If that's the case, then the $35 is well worth it and will join right away.
[/quote]

You sold the Betti? and you want to list a different putter? If that is the case you don't need to join clubwrx just close the betti putter ad and open your new ad. You just can't re-list the same item within the 30 day time period

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='pbkallday' timestamp='1335387999' post='4789382']
[quote name='westcle' timestamp='1273976826' post='2444065']
Not a fan of this at all but I guess I have to start posting so I can have my opinion heard. I don't see many positives other than reducing the work load of the mods which I do think is worth something.
[/quote]
agree
[/quote]

If you are not a fan of the rule, then you were likely not around prior to the rule being in place. There's some history here related to people signing up, posting fictious BST items and taking people for some good $$. The 75 post rule does not prevent that from happening, but it just makes a little more difficult and time consuming for a random person from quickly and easily posting a fictious BST with the intent to steal people's money. Think of it as a lock on the door or a security system. It doesn't stop all thieves, but may make it more difficult and potentially a less desireable target.

There's LONG thread that discusses the reasons why GOLFWRX MEMBERS requested this change. If you think the "Deal Gone Bad" threads look numerous today, you should have seen it before the 75 post rule. It got really bad just prior to this rule being put in place.

• 10 months later...

[quote name='Skaffa77' timestamp='1339170539' post='5052964']
[quote name='pbkallday' timestamp='1335387999' post='4789382']
[quote name='westcle' timestamp='1273976826' post='2444065']
Not a fan of this at all but I guess I have to start posting so I can have my opinion heard. I don't see many positives other than reducing the work load of the mods which I do think is worth something.
[/quote]
agree
[/quote]

If you are not a fan of the rule, then you were likely not around prior to the rule being in place. There's some history here related to people signing up, posting fictious BST items and taking people for some good $$. The 75 post rule does not prevent that from happening, but it just makes a little more difficult and time consuming for a random person from quickly and easily posting a fictious BST with the intent to steal people's money. Think of it as a lock on the door or a security system. It doesn't stop all thieves, but may make it more difficult and potentially a less desireable target.

There's LONG thread that discusses the reasons why GOLFWRX MEMBERS requested this change. If you think the "Deal Gone Bad" threads look numerous today, you should have seen it before the 75 post rule. It got really bad just prior to this rule being put in place.
[/quote]

I can understand that of a hit and run person listing something, but one update that could be overlooked is insisting on Paypal to be used. I was a victim ( on another site -it was fishing site ) I bought a reel for a couple hundred, Never recieved it, I got my paypal money back within 10 days. A buddy of mine had a simular experience with some golf equipement thru craigslist, turned out the product was fake- he got his money back thru paypal in 10 days.

No I don't work for paypal, but there is some upside to using it.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure if this has been reviewed, but the new annoying one for me is asking for $XXX NET.

This is vague and you have no Idea what shipping and paypal (is it 3% on all charges?) will be. It also promotes "Gifting" since the buyer is now responsible for fees (and this can lead to problems). I think the seller should list a price that covers his "NET" and then choose whether or not to accept offers of lesser value. I am also not a fan of "add $10 west of the miss" (obviously inflated), but at least I know the price and I can make a decision.

Obviously this is a minor complaint, and I have seen a huge improvement in this site over the last few years (scammers/hackers have all but become extinct) that I have been a member.

SLDR 430 Tour AD MT-7x
915-Fd Fuji 757x
MP-4 4-PW C-taper 115x
Scratch raw 54/60
Mills tour/ Pro V1

• 1 year later...

I think my bst as just vanished ?? What gives ? I've read the posted rules there thrice and don't see a violation. I listed prices for each pics for each . So many pics I ran out of usable space. And don't see a limit to how many items I can have. So ? Wth

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock