2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Odyssey Black Tour Design

Tiptx1122

Who's liking it
One of the best looking putter's I've ever owned. I'm playing the #4 as this is very easy to judge distance & feels so good coming off the face. I'm still getting used to aiming/alignment, & where to position the ball but I've sank some very lengthy putts so far. The 3 times out I'm averaging 24 - 26 putts. Odyssey best putter to come out in years as I believe this will give Scotty Cameron's a run for their money.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im surprised that more people haven't responded as Im sure those who have one really like's their's. Im gaming the TD #4 & this is one very special putter. Not only did it kick out my Scotty Newport 2.6 out of the bag it also kicked out my Rife IMO. That's saying alot so let's hear what you have to say about your Black Tour Design #4 or whatever you own

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

For me, the reasons were feel, consistency, and actually aesthetics. I also got away from the plumbers neck (could have with a Cameron too, I know). This putter feels so soft and just seems to roll really true...even on slight mishits. This putter is absolutely beautiful. It's actually hard to not feel inspired while looking down at it.

I almost bought the #6 but for me the White Ice #9 was the winner. If they made a #6 with the White Ice insert, I'd probably be rolling with that. But they are nice putters. Great looking and feeling.

Dr. Sim2 8° w/ RDX blue 60 6.5

3 Wood. Sim2 15° and 19° w/ Diamana 70x

Ui. Callaway x forged ut 21° w/ dg120 x100

4 to GW. Mizuno Pro 223 w/ dg120 x100

SW and Lw. 54° and 58° Milled grind raw w/ dg s200

Putter. Odyssey OG 1ws, 33 inches

Ball. Taylormade TP5x

i have the #9 and love it. only gripe is i got the 35" and would love the heavier weight available on the 33-34" but i cant find them anywhere by themselves.
i have a white ice #2 as well and since going to the black i dont like the soft insert feel of the white ice anymore.
makes me feel like i have to pound the ball to get it to go anywhere after getting use to the black.

[quote name='mac2lad' date='17 June 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1276811276' post='2516202']
I just picked up the Tour Design 2-ball blade. Does anyone else have this? Did yours come with adjustable weights? My White Ice version came with weights and a wrench and the guys at the store were just as confused as I was whether the TD version is supposed to have them too.
[/quote]

How do you like it? Have you even had it on the course yet?

[quote name='feedlotdoc' date='17 June 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1276818005' post='2516344']
[quote name='mac2lad' date='17 June 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1276811276' post='2516202']
I just picked up the Tour Design 2-ball blade. Does anyone else have this? Did yours come with adjustable weights? My White Ice version came with weights and a wrench and the guys at the store were just as confused as I was whether the TD version is supposed to have them too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Literally picked it up during my lunch break today. Based on the couple of rolls that I had on the green at the store, it's a firmer more clicky feel than my White Ice 2-ball but still pretty soft. For a 2-ball, it's a gorgeous looking putter and I'm hoping it will perform as good as it looks.

Been doing some research on my initial question and I'm starting to believe that the weight on this isn't adjustable like the White Ice version. That's too bad... would have been a nice-to-have feature.

[quote name='mac2lad' date='17 June 2010 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1276818305' post='2516350']
[quote name='feedlotdoc' date='17 June 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1276818005' post='2516344']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Literally picked it up during my lunch break today. Based on the couple of rolls that I had on the green at the store, it's a firmer more clicky feel than my White Ice 2-ball but still pretty soft. For a 2-ball, it's a gorgeous looking putter and I'm hoping it will perform as good as it looks.

Been doing some research on my initial question and I'm starting to believe that the weight on this isn't adjustable like the White Ice version. That's too bad... would have been a nice-to-have feature.
[/quote]

Weights aren't adjustable on the 2-ball Black Tour Design like they are on the White Ice 2-ball.. I got the 33" 360g putter and it feels really nice.

Hi everybody,

The Tour Desing series is also available in Germany now...

I play the No. 2 since it is similar to my YES Abbie forged. But the YES putter get rusty after my first play in the rain although I dried the putter immediately and well....

I can't accept that a 300 € putter gets rusty after the first play in the rain....so I change with the Black Series No. 2 and I'm enthusiastic about the feeling and the distance control and I can fully agree with the other guys....

But I still have reservations that the No. 2 will get also rusty since it is made of 1025 carbon steel, as the Abbie forged form YES, too.

How do [b]you[/b] protect your Tour Design putters from rust? Do you have any experiences with [b]rust[/b]?
How do you protect the "black skin" from scratch?

Unfortunately we here in Germany have to play in the rain often so that this can be a problem.

Greetings from Germany

Lothar

P.S.: We will have the BMW Open Championship here in Munich next weekend and I'll will be there to watch Sergio Garcia....

I just got my Black TD #4 and haven't had a chance to play it on the course yet, but it is rolling super with nice buttery feel inside the house. I always feel I putted best with an old Ping B60 for alignment/stroke, and this is so much better with the addition of the milling, added weight, and feel. Not quite sure why I ever switched from that old B60 but I'm sure I won't be switching from this beauty any time soon! It will be kicking my current Scotty Red X to the curb. As to the rust issue, I believe that the finish on these is PVD or something similar to "DuraCoat" which is used primarily for finishing/re-finishing firearms, so it is VERY durable. Obviously if it gets scratched down to the steel it will rust in that spot, but with some basic care (using headcover, not scooping balls out of the cup, etc.) it should hold up just fine. I've been doing some research on these finishes and am actually thinking of having the chrome stripped from my TM RAC TP Combos and then having the groves re-done and finished with a matte black PVD or DuraCoat this offseason. So if the the finish is durable enough for irons (I believe that this is the finish used on Adams black irons) it should hold up more than adequately for a putter.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

[quote name='mac2lad' date='17 June 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1276818305' post='2516350']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You got a picture of the cover that comes with this putter? I rolled this today and it is an awesome feeling putter.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

Picked up the TD #6 on Ebay a few days ago and finally had a chance to play a quick 9 with it yesterday evening. I had been struggling with distance control on every single putter I currently have so I went for a different look this time around. I didn't one putt every green, but WOW putting is fun now with this putter. My distance control is spot on even on 30+ footers. I was absolutely blown away at how this putter looks at address and feels when struck. This putter will not be going anywhere anytime soon. If you haven't tried one yet, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. I KNOW you won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Chunkylover77' date='19 June 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1276972745' post='2519652']
[quote name='mac2lad' date='17 June 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1276818305' post='2516350']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You got a picture of the cover that comes with this putter? I rolled this today and it is an awesome feeling putter.
[/quote]

I'll take a pic when I get a chance but it pretty much looks like the standard 2-ball putter cover (with a single flap as opposed to the dual v-flap on the white ice version) but in the black and silver color scheme of the black series tour design. It doesn't have the zipper that's on the white ice version though where the adjustable weights and wrench are stored, which led me eventually believe that the tour design doesn't come with adjustable weights.

An aside: The magnets on the cover are great and annoying at the same time. It's great to not have to bend over to pick up the cover as you can use the putter to pick it up via the magnets. However, really annoying thing about the magnets is that as you attempt to put it on, you have to fight the magnet to put the cover all the way in. Really really annoying actually.

I got the #9 about a month ago and I absolutely love it!!! Was gaming a ping JAS Anser for the last 5 years and this completely knocked it out of the bag!!! Great feel and consistency!!

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

• 1 month later...