Blade putters

birdie29 ·  
birdie29birdie29 Members  73WRX Points: 0Posts: 73
is there a forgiving one!
I love the style of the bladed putters like the JAT and phil mickelsons putter but is there one which has a sweetspot bigger then a pea?

This is probably impossible because of the style. Maybe the new xg #9 is gonna be worth a try.

Any suggestions?
Posted:

Comments

• BeRightBeRight Members  30WRX Points: 0Posts: 30
    My scotty cameron studio style newport 2.5 blade style that has a German Stainless Steel insert - anywhere on the GSS insert works for me - - if I am outside of the GSS then I made a really really bad swing.

On the less expensive side - I have an old odyssesy DF550 blade putter that worked well for me. A hit anywhere on the large black insert seems to go well.

Just two ideas for you.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  4984WRX Points: 900Posts: 4,984 ClubWRX
    A good putting stroke does not really need a very forgiving blade. Personally, I would love a Scotty Cameron American Classic VII or a Circle T Napa finished in 3X Oil Can.
    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • Lefty_RyanLefty_Ryan Lefty Boomers  17WRX Points: 0Posts: 17
    I'd go with the JAT. That putter is absolutly money image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />

Ryan
    Posted:
  • skinkmanskinkman Banned  953WRX Points: 0Posts: 953
    Ping J blade
    Posted:
  • sigmamasonsigmamason SigmaMason ClubWRX  451WRX Points: 60Posts: 451 Greens
    Cleveland's Designed by series is pretty nice...Cleveland Golf Putters
    Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  4984WRX Points: 900Posts: 4,984 ClubWRX
    I have a Cleveland Designed by Ben Crenshaw that I have sent to BOS for chrome stripping and refinish in Oil Can. I am certain it will look tremendous and feel just as good! image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303

Advertisement
  • dparkdpark Members  2587WRX Points: 179Posts: 2,587 Titanium Tees
    Ping made a Sedona putter a couple of years ago that was quite forgiving for a rear-shafted putter. Odyssey also made a White Hot version of the 8802 that was pretty easy to hit well. The main difference is you have to "gate" a rear-shafted putter, which means opening the face on the backswing and closing it on the followthru. If like a straight-back and straight-thru putting stroke, stay with a Ping Anser or some center-shafted putter.
    Posted:
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
    New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa
  • titleistgolfer8  titleistgolfer8 PGA TOUR Members  67WRX Points: 0Posts: 67
    I have a cleveland chrome blade putter, i love it!!! Plus i added led powder in the shaft to make it heavier and its BUTTER.... go try one.... i got a circa 62 and im getting the detour as well.... I LOVE PUTTERS...
    Posted:
  • ty cheekty cheek Members  108WRX Points: 0Posts: 108
    I sometimes still putt with a '96 Ping Sedona. It was the best looking "8802" style putter I have found. Not as small as an 8802, but with great feel and some forgiveness. They are hard to find, but would be worth your time to check into one.

Ty

image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    Posted:
  • HipCheckHipCheck Twitter @robmillertime The Right CoastMembers  6307WRX Points: 160Posts: 6,307 Titanium Tees
    IMO a forgiving blade putter is called a 'mallet'. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />

I can't play blade putters. I have no lag putting capability with them. I feel like I have to smack the ball, not stroke it.
    Posted:
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
     Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• dispatch096dispatch096 Brandon Members  793WRX Points: 0Posts: 793
    The guerin Rife Aussie balde putter is pretty big and is forgicing. Give it a try.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • slicer365slicer365 Members  1750WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,750
    The Laguna 2.5 Studio Stainless comes to mind. Chunky bumpers. Just a thought.
    Posted:
  • TourPro21TourPro21 PGA Apprentice Banned  545WRX Points: 0Posts: 545
    Bettinardi BB-2!!!!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.