What to stamp on bumpers?

benjebenje Members Posts: 174
on my np2 pro plat!!!!
I have an arly newport 2, i have removed the paint but want to add some stamping to the bumpers, any ideas what to stamp,(dont really want to put name on them), possibly the weight if anybody knows.

What have the tour pp got on them, anybody got any pics of there tour pro plats, many thanks.

Also what size are the standard scotty tour stamps)

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,553 admin
    Here's a search done on stamping in the clubmakers forums.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?ac...hlite=%2Bstamps
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • mhighmanmhighman NOT with Slighter Golf Members Posts: 273
    So are you planning on stamping it like a tour cameron?

I believe it depends on the tour cameron. Scotty uses a bunch of different sizing of stamps.

When he vertical I have to think it would be a 1/16 stamp i believe... I have a set of those and they weren't easy to come by when I bought them... but those are fun to play with. Very small!

Good luck with the stamping and be sure to get a good crack on the first one... that way if it slips off you have the grooves to stamp again!

best to put it in a vise too!

Good luck and have fun, but don't get too crazy on stamping... sometimes you can ruin a putter with it and it isn't as easy to remove as to put on!

M.
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members Posts: 6,559
    edited Aug 14, 2006 #4
    I had Tom Slighter stamp my name on my sc newport bumpers
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • GO IN

using the biggest stamps you can
  • gburgsgburgs Great Coaching Takes Good Players To Great Places Charter Members Posts: 720
    Just a quick comment/question......are you trying to make it look like a tour cameron to add value to it?

An idea....add 330G to the bumper to distinguish the weight, and maybe you're own initials, but I wouldn't try to copy what another tour cameron looks like. It sounds too much like you're going to try to pass your putter off as tour to make some money.
  • mhighmanmhighman NOT with Slighter Golf Members Posts: 273
    agreed with that, not saying you are trying to add that value onto it but your post sounds like it...

best bet... get some soft metal, and stamp it.. and have fun! you will come up with something and get used to stamping!

M.
  • benjebenje Members Posts: 174
    all i want to do is to customise my putter from all the other standard putters, i putt great with it and will not be selling it, anyway a few stamps will not make my very retail looking putter look tour, i just think it looks bland compared to tour stamped putters, if i wanted a tour putter then i would just buy one!

I just like the look of tigers putter and would like to replicate something simular

Does anybody know what size tigers stamping are???????
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals Posts: 9,056 mod
    "for" on the left & "sale" on the right image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • benjebenje Members Posts: 174
    what??????

whats wrong with customising my putter

i dont get the bad response i am getting, someone explain??????????? image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
  • ZBigStickZBigStick Practice Perfect Form Members Posts: 5,313 ✭✭
    I think if you are customizing then you should be asking for creative input other than 'what do tour Camerons look like?' Go to Scotty's site and browse the Tour putters for some ideas.

Here are my suggestions

330G PP (Pro Platinum)

GO WIN

Your Name
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]M4 9.5˚(10˚) GD TP-6[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]BB Alpha 816 16˚(15˚) Rogue I/O 70
    Apex 20˚ Kuro Kage Black 80
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Z U45 23˚ Steelfiber i95
    Z 745 5-PW Steelfiber i110 cw
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]RTX-4 50˚M, 56˚F (55˚), 60˚F S400 ti[/font]