man.....i cant decide!!!

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I am an Adams golfer. Love the stuff. I play the A4s and have played two rounds with the CB2s. The A4s are longer and more forgiving. The CB2s have greater feel but not that much greater. The clubhead is noticably smaller the lofts are the same and the forgivness is not there compared to the A4s. I personally think that when we read posts in two years the A4s will be talked about as one of Adams' great clubs...they are classic and so well designed which explains why the CB2 is so much of a rip off of the A4 original design. If you like the CB2s and want to spend a bit less go find a set of A4s. The only thing you will not get is a 4 iron. Believe me...both clubs are sensational but the original, as is so often the case, is the bomb.

I've had my set of CB2 w/Nippon SuperPeening Blue X softstepped once since May, I did have them for sale thinking that I would hit my other set of CB2 with Rifle 6.5 better but went back to this set. I"m glad I didn't sell it as I have been playing good golf recently with this set.

Keep in mind this set with progressive offset isn't for everyone but I don't mind having some offset in mid to longer irons unlike many guys. I found that it keeps my mishits or missed shots more manageable. Yes, when in the rough I do hit more fliers than several other clubs but actually I like it as it's easier to predict whenever I see a possible flier lie in the rough and play for it. I did like the CB1's but I found that I drew my short irons bit too much for my liking. Perhaps it was those Flighted PX6.5 shafts. I did weaken the CB2 short irons by a degree to narrow up the gaps.

Don't think these clubs are for mid to high handicappers, some good players can play this just as well. Very good clubs for wide variety of golfers. Several of my friends likes the way it hits. BTW, I've dropped my handicap by couple shots to couple strokes or so on the plus side since I received this set.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Just had my first round with them today and wow! I was playing AP1s w/KBS tour in before and have switch to these with the KBS Tour 90 stiff flex. I'd say that these are just as forgiving as the AP1s and I was hitting them a full club longer, depsite them being the same lofts. I could feel when I hit off centre but didn't see much difference in distance... nice.

They are not only long but soft too (feel like a toilet tissue commercial "long, soft and strong"!) and are so much better for chips, pitches and bump and runs around the green. Felt so nice to be able to have the confidence in a 7 or 8 around the green again, which I just didn't have with my APs.

I would recommend these to anyone, great iron, totally sexy looking and great forgiveness but with a really small profile at address, so feel like you are gaming a players iron.

Only slight drawbacks I found (and these are slight) are the club lengths - 4 iron is crazy out of sync with the others and 5 is a bit too, although this was remedied by my clubmaker who cut them down into step with the rest. Second ws that the KBS 90s are a good deal whippier than the KBS Tours that I have (both S flex) but I soon learnt that if I just smoothed out the swing that was easily sorted. All in all, along with my 9105D, I am becoming an Adams man!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/109770-revco2001/"][color="#000000"]revco2001[/color][/url],

Nice review i too played the CB2's up until a week ago, I went to a demo day loved the irons purchaed them on the spot.(fisrt mistake). After a couple of rounds i noticed i was hitting 9 Iron 150 yrds:russian_roulette: not what i wanted. the feel of these irons are great the look is on point,, i just suffered with distance control so i sold them and got Ping S57's. I think if i would have done more research i should have purchaed the CB1's. I think with the distance control issuesi was having i alos noticed that they where progressive offset. I hit the 4& 5 Irons higher with a hook and 7,8,9 where higher but straight & long. Adams has really stepped up their game in making better irons unfortunately they did not work for me in the end.[b]

[/b]

[quote name='The Hawkeye' timestamp='1282180557' post='2648144']
I am an Adams golfer. Love the stuff. I play the A4s and have played two rounds with the CB2s. The A4s are longer and more forgiving. The CB2s have greater feel but not that much greater. The clubhead is noticably smaller the lofts are the same and the forgivness is not there compared to the A4s. I personally think that when we read posts in two years the A4s will be talked about as one of Adams' great clubs...they are classic and so well designed which explains why the CB2 is so much of a rip off of the A4 original design. If you like the CB2s and want to spend a bit less go find a set of A4s. The only thing you will not get is a 4 iron. Believe me...both clubs are sensational but the original, as is so often the case, is the bomb.
[/quote]

A bunch of great reviews, but this one made my mind up for me. I started the year with a set of Titleist ZB's which I really liked. I fell in love with the a4's when they first hit the market and bought a set this spring. I played them regularly for a couple of months and my game really suffered. I dug so much turf with the a4's that I could've opened my own sod farm. The sole is entirely too fat for my game and I never could get used to the strong lofts (the club length wasn't a problem for me because I immediately pulled the stock shafts and installed a set of DG S300 at Titleist standard lengths. I couldn't wait to get rid of them and moved up to the a4 Tour. I really liked the Tours, but I still didn't hit them as ACCURATELY as I did the Titleist blades. Hitting them long wasn't an issue, but honestly I couldn't care less whether it's a 9i in my hand at 150 or an 8i.
I love the black of the new CB's, but having had many a black club fade to "bleh" over time made me realize that I can't buy clubs for aesthetic purposes. I moved the Tours and picked up an old set of 690.CB heads, shafted them up and haven't looked back. I was really wanting a set of combo CB1, CB2, but after reading this review, I think I'll stick with Adam's drivers, fairways and hybrids.
There is no doubt that Adams has done their homework and is making as good, if not better product than any of the "big boys".

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1277551711' post='2537329']
Great review ------- I have had mine in play for a few weeks now but only about 3 rds. I came from Nike Slingshots. Job issues have reduced my playing time and I found the Px shafts in my Slingshots were becoming more of an issue. The Px's reduced the forgiveness of the SS but brought new life into them as my game improved. I can be a 12-15 but usually more like a 18-20.

My first taste of CB2 was at a demo w/a 5 iron. That is the first time in a year that i questioned the Px shafts. The CB2 were simply very smooth and great feeling. (NOTE: I had never owned nor to I recall hitting forged clubs before). Combned w/the forged feel --- I was hooked.

I demo'd the x300 also but the Adams simply looked and felt right. There is a little more shot shape to the CB2 than from the trusty old SS but nothing so pronounced that I have not been able to control. So far I have no issues w/sole grind, conformng grooves or any distance issues as they are about the same as my SS.

Teh only issue thus far as i have hit more bladed shots than with my old set. It must be my swing but I have not yet figured it out.
[/quote]

It's great to know that a 12-18 handicapper can actually play these. I was a lit'l concerned with them being a lit'l too diffcult to play.

Thanks.

[quote name='vintd' timestamp='1281974227' post='2642149']
I'm 61, vary from 5 to 10 handicap, and shot 72, even par my first time out with my CB2s (index 1.7 at home course). I love these irons. After using Callaway X-18s for past 3 or 4 years; and TM Super Steel prior to that (both with thicker toplines) these irons are somewhat of a visual throwback for me as I was raised on thin topline blades. These clubs look superb, stunning; but more importantly they have an unbelievable feel and perform wonderfully. Before I invested the $$, I tried these twice from a travelling demo rep. In between I demoed the TM Burner, Ping i15, Callaway X-24 Hot, Callaway Diablo forged, along with the Adams A7 and A7OS. I had my last comparison at a demo day with every major club manufacturer present so I had plenty of side by side time. Nothing compared with the consistency of the CB2s even with slight miss-hits (the most common contact for most of us amateurs..). Matching yourself with a club comes down to individual preference. However, if you are in the market, you really should try these Adam Idea Black CB2s. They are more forgiving than the CB1s but still have the great feel and control expected from a forged club. Since I've lost some distance in the last 5 or 6 years, I went with the stock KBS steel shaft in Regular flex. For me, this combination of look, feel, performance and overall match has left me with the most satisfied selection of a golf club since I began this sport 30 years ago.

[/quote]

Great post. Especially being that you demoed two of the same irons I am currently interested in.

I'm playing the R7TP's, but I have a brandd new, in the wrapper, set of the JPX 800 Pros, that I haven't hit because I think I'm more interested in the CB2's and the I15's?

Can you tell me what you liked more about the CB2's than the I15's?

Please/Thank you