Scotty Cameron Circa 62

CarloCarlo Members Posts: 287
How long the leather grip will last?
I have one and I am very concerned about the leather grip replacement as I am not in the USA and it will be very difficult for me to have it replaced.

Has anybody used this putter long enough to answer the question on how long the leather grip will last before require replacement? (obviously by normal use of practice and twice a week on the course)

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,544 admin
    edited Aug 10, 2006 #2
    Its a gripmaster Leather putter grip. Wiping it down every so often will bring back the tack. It will probably out last the life of the putter or at least for as long as you keep it. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />

Thegripmasterusa.com is a Proud GolfWRX Sponsor if you want to check for more details about your grip.
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • CarloCarlo Members Posts: 287
    Oh Thank you! Any particular product to suggest to wipe it with? Or just water would be fine?
  • taylormadefantaylormadefan Members, ClubWRX Posts: 3,649
    Carlo wrote on Aug 9 2006, 11:25 PM:

Oh Thank you! Any particular product to suggest to wipe it with? Or just water would be fine?

Just use a clean damp towel, and a clean side to keep it dry. Works like a charm, nothing else needed.
  • 7D2 7D2 Members Posts: 739
    my buddy has one and he has no problems with it
  • LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers Posts: 1,934 ✭✭
    Mine lasted a fortnight - I removed it and put a Lamkin cord grip on instead - feels a million times better. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />
    Callaway XR 10.5
    Adams Tight Lies 2 5W
    Callaway 3h
    Mizuno MP Fli-HI 4
    Snake Eyes 600B 6,8
    Vokey 48
    Mizuno MPT Raw Haze 56
    Ping Darby
  • purk4presidentpurk4president PURK Posts: 369 ✭✭
    Mine felt slick from the beginning so I pulled it!!
  • sehowelsehowel Members Posts: 32
    I think the circa 62 to grip cannot compare to the original gripmaster leather stitchback. The gripmaster grip is head and shoulders better then the made for cameron circa 62 grip. The circa 62 grip,in my opinion, is slick and the gripmaster grip has a nice tacky feel.

Gripmaster is A++++++
    Now I am confused...

It is a gripmaster or not? How could it last 15 Days???? Did you bite it?
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,544 admin
    I believe the newest Circas have Baby Ts. The originals had stichback gripmasters. Wipeing them down with a damp cloth should have brought back the tackyness.
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • sarg1948sarg1948 www.bestgrips.com Charter Members Posts: 90
    edited Aug 14, 2006 #11
    The circa 62 is indeed a gripmaster. In order to accomodate the large amount of "bling" (so you can see the name on tv), the protac treatment was reduced from our standard processing.

It is still a great grip and should give you years of service. Don't store it in the trunk, don't clean it with solvents, soaps or tonics just plain water. if you just need to do something, from time to time a bit of beeswax might help. Please, do not use this on our (gripmaster logoed) grips!

Regards,

Sarg1948
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,860 ✭✭
    I have the latest Circa in my hand and it's a leather grip.

mcca
  • yankees06yankees06 Members Posts: 1,171
    how long until the leather starts wearing off?
    sarg1948 wrote on Aug 15 2006, 04:38 AM:

The circa 62 is indeed a gripmaster. In order to accomodate the large amount of "bling" (so you can see the name on tv), the protac treatment was reduced from our standard processing.

It is still a great grip and should give you years of service. Don't store it in the trunk, don't clean it with solvents, soaps or tonics just plain water. if you just need to do something, from time to time a bit of beeswax might help. Please, do not use this on our (gripmaster logoed) grips!

Regards,

Sarg1948

Thank you to the Sponsor!! I really love this grip and I was so concerned about it that... I was using a new glove to avoid the sweat of my hands ruin it...

Now I understand your suggestions and I feel that I can use my bare hands again...

What about the gold logos printed on the grip? will they disappear with time?

Thank you
  • wwpack7wwpack7 Members Posts: 24
    I ordered one from Titleist a couple weeks ago and it came with the baby T grip. Kinda wish I had the leather one, but oh well.
    The Gripmaster Leather Grip on the Circa 62 is the most beautiful and comfortable Grip I have ever seen in my whole Golfing life!!! And now I am even more happy since Gripmaster confirmed that it will last for years with a bit of care!!

I do not understand why Scotty Cameron has changed to the My Baby Grip, but I am lucky and happy to have the one with the leather Grip from Gripmaster.

I love it!!
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,860 ✭✭
    Can then be blowen off then re-installed? I have a Circa on order that i have to cut down to 34"

mcca
  • yankees06yankees06 Members Posts: 1,171
    the titleist website listing the black baby T as the stock grip now.
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,408 ClubWRX
    I personally love the GripMaster Redwood stitch back grip. I will be ordering 2 or 3 of these very soon.
    Taylormade M3 (2018 tour head) 9.9 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Miura 52* GW S-200
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips