DETOUR and Shaft length of 33in ?

highlander777 ·  
highlander777highlander777  110WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 110
According to the Scotty Cameron website this length does not exist.

If I ordered a 34 and had it cut down. Would that be OK?
Posted:

Comments

• DoNDoNDoNDoN Buying a game  434WRX Points: 78Handicap: 0.3Members Posts: 434 Greens
    According to my rep 33in is Custom Order only.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JHRJHR michigan 4347WRX Points: 55Charter Members Posts: 4,347 Titanium Tees
    DoNDoN wrote on Aug 18 2006, 06:36 PM:

According to my rep 33in is Custom Order only.

That's what i thought, they originally had it shown on Titleist website.

Most Camerons are available in 33", like stated just special order.
    Posted:
  • Bill3508Bill3508  695WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 695
    I was wondering the same thing. I really like the putter but the weight has me concerned. I've got a call into the rep to find out what the heaviest weight they could put in it if I went custom shop way. As it is the putter is way too light and would be even more so with the 33" length. They say weight of 330-340 is available, but I would like something in the 360-370 range.

Bill3508
    Posted:
    Crazy 450 Crazy LY01 6.9
    3 Deep Proforce V2 75s
    Buchi 05 DI Nippon 950HT 39.5"
    Yonex Ezone Mb Nippon Super Peening Blue
    Yururi Gekko 53,61:Romaro Ray SX 58
    SeeMore mFGPcs 370g 32"
  • docbarnesdocbarnes  30WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 30
    Good luck. The only recommendation is good ole lead tape or weight down the shaft. Scotty has addressed this topic on his website. These are the two ways that I have seen him reply.
    Posted:
  • golfalot333golfalot333  261WRX Points: 0Jr. Boomers Posts: 261
    i think scotty has to start seeing that not every golfer is 6 feet and how many inches...its time to see some more 33" options, *cough*cough* newport's *cough*cough*
    Posted:
  • highlander777highlander777  110WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 110
    Thanks for all the replies

I did not think about the weight of the club given that the shaft will be 2inches short.

Does Scotty take that into consideration , ie if I ordered a 33in how much lighter would it be compared to the 35??

Thanks
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the moment 7105WRX Points: 62Marshals Posts: 7,105 Marshals
    golfalot333 wrote on Aug 18 2006, 09:56 PM:

i think scotty has to start seeing that not every golfer is 6 feet and how many inches...its time to see some more 33" options, *cough*cough* newport's *cough*cough*

moreover, i think it's time to see some more lefty options in *cough*cough* models AND lengths *cough*cough*

Come on! You know how good you've got it? If I want a Newport, I better go join the tour--it'd be a whole lot easier than getting a decent Newport--especially now that every lefty with a "garage sale" quality Cameron can send it in for a refinish, prices have skyrocketed. D'ah well, such is life. image/pardon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />

beruo
    Posted:
    :hi:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.