DETOUR and Shaft length of 33in ?

According to the Scotty Cameron website this length does not exist.

If I ordered a 34 and had it cut down. Would that be OK?

Comments

• DoNDoNDoNDoN Buying a game Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    According to my rep 33in is Custom Order only.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font]
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347
    DoNDoN wrote on Aug 18 2006, 06:36 PM:

According to my rep 33in is Custom Order only.

That's what i thought, they originally had it shown on Titleist website.

Most Camerons are available in 33", like stated just special order.
  • Bill3508Bill3508 Members Posts: 695
    I was wondering the same thing. I really like the putter but the weight has me concerned. I've got a call into the rep to find out what the heaviest weight they could put in it if I went custom shop way. As it is the putter is way too light and would be even more so with the 33" length. They say weight of 330-340 is available, but I would like something in the 360-370 range.

Bill3508
    Crazy 450 Crazy LY01 6.9
    3 Deep Proforce V2 75s
    Buchi 05 DI Nippon 950HT 39.5"
    Yonex Ezone Mb Nippon Super Peening Blue
    Yururi Gekko 53,61:Romaro Ray SX 58
    SeeMore mFGPcs 370g 32"
  • docbarnesdocbarnes Members Posts: 30
    Good luck. The only recommendation is good ole lead tape or weight down the shaft. Scotty has addressed this topic on his website. These are the two ways that I have seen him reply.
  • golfalot333golfalot333 Jr. Boomers Posts: 261
    i think scotty has to start seeing that not every golfer is 6 feet and how many inches...its time to see some more 33" options, *cough*cough* newport's *cough*cough*
  • Thanks for all the replies

I did not think about the weight of the club given that the shaft will be 2inches short.

Does Scotty take that into consideration , ie if I ordered a 33in how much lighter would it be compared to the 35??

Thanks
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals Posts: 7,105 mod
    golfalot333 wrote on Aug 18 2006, 09:56 PM:

i think scotty has to start seeing that not every golfer is 6 feet and how many inches...its time to see some more 33" options, *cough*cough* newport's *cough*cough*

moreover, i think it's time to see some more lefty options in *cough*cough* models AND lengths *cough*cough*

Come on! You know how good you've got it? If I want a Newport, I better go join the tour--it'd be a whole lot easier than getting a decent Newport--especially now that every lefty with a "garage sale" quality Cameron can send it in for a refinish, prices have skyrocketed. D'ah well, such is life. image/pardon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />

beruo
    :hi: