Tiger's comments on Luke's shirt

Room to talk?
I was just reading Tiger's comments about Luke's red shirt, he more or less poked fun at him for wearing a blue belt with the red shirt. Now I only saw Tiger's first two holes, but I thought I noticed he was wearing white socks with black pants and shoes...did anyone else see this? If so, I don't really think he has room to comment on anyone else ability to dress.

p.s. This is undoubtedly the most ridiculous post I've ever made!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading Tiger's comments about Luke's red shirt, he more or less poked fun at him for wearing a blue belt with the red shirt. Now I only saw Tiger's first two holes, but I thought I noticed he was wearing white socks with black pants and shoes...did anyone else see this? If so, I don't really think he has room to comment on anyone else ability to dress.

I noticed that, but if you have a bazzillion dollars in the bank, a former Swedish model in your house every night, 12 majors and 51 victories, he can wear plaid polka dots if he wants! :help:

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I noticed that, but if you have a bazzillion dollars in the bank, a former Swedish model in your house every night, 12 majors and 51 victories, he can wear plaid polka dots if he wants! :help:

Agreed...Can't say anything else, but I agree!

Ok, Golf is a sport!! It is mean to be elegant, but still a sport! You perspire walking 18 holes on the golf course (usually) and the need to wear socks that absorb and reflect sunlight is a must!

Now, I do not think that there is anything wrong in wearing white socks under anything wearing to play golf with the high tech shoes that Nike and Adidas make! But obviously Red shirt and Blue belt are not supposed to match on the course (unless wearing all red (shirt and pants with blue belt and blue shoes) and then it looks cool! Yellow pants, yellow shirt white belt and white shoes also look good...

As an Italian, I was teached to match accessories that contrast with the colour of the outfit (like dark blue suit with brown belt and shoes).

Careful... from tonights reading the Nike posse are a little crazy tonight. You think they would be in a better mood consider the victory ! White socks with black pants and shoes... definate no-no. Tiger was probably like how dare he wear a red shirt.

unless your micheal jackson, you shouldn't be wearing white socks with black shoes and black pants.

as for the white and black absorbing sweet and heat differently, they are exposed to the sun so little, the heat gain is not there and color has nothing to do with absorbtion.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

lol,

In this day and age you almost cannot get away with white socks and black pants, shoes. But you guys are wrong, I cant get the image off espn but they have a close up of the SP-8's that he is wearing that must be special editions with a white brim around the edge and the dots being red. Tiger is many things, but I'm sure he is smarter than wearing white socks with his sunday get-up =).

Pete

lol,

In this day and age you almost cannot get away with white socks and black pants, shoes. But you guys are wrong, I cant get the image off espn but they have a close up of the SP-8's that he is wearing that must be special editions with a white brim around the edge and the dots being red. Tiger is many things, but I'm sure he is smarter than wearing white socks with his sunday get-up =).

Pete

Did you see his shirt on Friday? Sat was not any better. If he is helping design his own clothing line he needs to get some help from the wife/model.

lol,

Pete

Did you see his shirt on Friday? Sat was not any better. If he is helping design his own clothing line he needs to get some help from the wife/model.

I thought the shirt on friday and saturday was nice, but thats just me hehe. But the point I was trying to point out was he didnt wear white socks with black pants/shoes. =) his get-ups are getting wild though.

Pete

IF I were paired with TW in the final round, I would wear a red shirt. You know that he will, so if you do it may throw him off a little bit

If I were paired with him, I'd wear bright banana yellow. Oh wait. Nevermind. :help:

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

NO way...the guys is all about being fashinable. You can wear white socks with black shoes/pants if you're 80 or a security guard...(see third remark below)

You perspire walking 18 holes on the golf course (usually) and the need to wear socks that absorb and reflect sunlight is a must!

Sunlight? Unless he's wearing knickers that's impossible.

unless your micheal jackson, you shouldn't be wearing white socks with black shoes and black pants.

Or if you're Michael Jackson...

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

NO way...the guys is all about being fashinable. You can wear white socks with black shoes/pants if you're 80 or a security guard...(see third remark below)

You perspire walking 18 holes on the golf course (usually) and the need to wear socks that absorb and reflect sunlight is a must!

What you don't think BLACK shoes absorb sunlight???

Of course black shoes absorbs sunlight. He's not talking about that though. He's talking about the socks reflecting sunlight. Refer to the post that he's responding to.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Of course black shoes absorbs sunlight. He's not talking about that though. He's talking about the socks reflecting sunlight. Refer to the post that he's responding to.

Thanks, exactly!

And white socks are not a problem in sport (no matter the outfit). They ARE if wearing them under a suit at a convention or a gala dinner!!

If Tiger can notice that the stampings/red circles on his putter are off by fractions of an inch, he is completely aware of the fact that he shouldn't wear white socks with black shoes and pants. However, it is a little known fact that certain dyes in colored socks increase the probability of infection if there's an open wound, such as a blister. As such, Tiger is probably a step ahead of everyone and wearing white socks to prevent this. Back when I played basketball, it was popular to wear black socks, but our coaches and training staff wouldn't allow it unless we had white socks on underneath them. I'm sure Tiger doesn't want to wear two pairs just to be fashionable.

Nike preplans his outfits and sends them to Tiger well ahead of time. So, who is to blame? :cheesy:

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft