2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone E Series balls.... Opinions????

Redhill

I noticed at a recent Nationwide Tour Event that I went to that the practice range balls where E-7's and wondered what your experience has been playing them??

I bought a box of the E-7, coming from a Pro V-1X, and found them to be a whisper longer and acceptable around the green and putting.

What say ye about those E-series????????

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you notice any difference in ball flight? Trajectory? The E-7 is a ball made for folks who tend to hit the ball really high. Its designed to have a lower flight. I am really surprised that these were on a Nationwide Practice Range. Was this is one bay or the hole range? This is a pretty specific ball designed for a specific golfer. Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic ball with great distance and decent spin. Its just not going to launch as high as a ProV1x or the like.

Was always a Titleist guy (ProV1x)....until a buddy of mine gace me an e6 to play. Have not looked back. I find not much difference in performance...maybe a tad longer and nearly as much touch around the green. However, I like the lower price. I just found myself sick of paying $40+ for a dozen balls. So the e6 it is for me.

[quote name='Bilbo99' timestamp='1285179852' post='2708888']
Did you notice any difference in ball flight? Trajectory? The E-7 is a ball made for folks who tend to hit the ball really high. Its designed to have a lower flight. I am really surprised that these were on a Nationwide Practice Range. Was this is one bay or the hole range? This is a pretty specific ball designed for a specific golfer. Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic ball with great distance and decent spin. Its just not going to launch as high as a ProV1x or the like.
[/quote]

Ball flight was the same, as far as I could determine from a visual standpoint, and I normally hit the ball higher than most lads I play with.

On the Nationwide driving range all the white balls were the E-7's as I picked up a couple that were hit over the fence. They also had some yellow restricted flight balls for use with the driver as the length of the driving was too short for these guys!!

I came away from my recent rounds impressed with the E-7 when everything I read about says that I shouldn't be. I hit the ball high to begin with and don't see any change between the Pro V-1X and the E-7 is that regard. The spin rate appeared to be the same and feel with the putter was slightly harder but I was using an insert putter and that seemed to balance out the putter feel question. I normally shoot in the mid to high 70's and didn't see the scoring change.

I'm left wondering why this ball and perhaps other E-Series ball should not be my go to ball. I've played the E-5 and also felt that it was acceptable and perhaps a little softer with the putter than the E-7.

One pro left a new Pro V-1X behind on the practice range when he left and I picked it up to look at it. I compared it to the Prov-1X's that are retail and found no difference in the markings. Appears this pro, in the top 10 rankings on that tour, was playing the common retail Pro V-1X.

they are all great balls and the e7 used to be my gamer until they released the fix, like the price and the spin better with the fix but i would say they are a real quality ball.

150PSP System-Witb

Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum 20*

Cobra Baffler XL 6 Hybrid 

Mazel Chipper PW

Heavy Putter Light Weight Q2

Bridgestone e6 Ball

We had the final Duramed Futures Tour event this year at my course ant they were also hitting the e7 on the range all week. They must have a contract with this tours....

I love the e7 and B330S. I like the e7 when the greens are not too dry. I find that they have plenty pf spin for drop and stop for me... When the greens are really baked I use the B330S as the extra spin I get with them really help...

Cobra King F9 Driver Cobra King F9 3 fwy Mizuno CLK 19* Mizuno 919 HM 4-6 PX 5.5 Mizuno 919 Forged 7-GW PX 5.5 Vokey 54*/8, 58*/14 Odyssey Fang 2 Ball Bridgestone Tour B XS

I think you got your answer redhill. I rarely, almost never, see a negative comment about the Bridgestone e series. I love the e7 because I am a high ball hitter and it helps bring the ball down a bit and on windy days I don't get any balloon balls. The e7 loves to cut through the wind. Have not tried the e5 but love the e6. The e6 is a back up ball when some of my bad habits start showing their ugly heads. I sometime fight a strong fade. Not a slice that ends up OB or in the next fairway by definitely right and usually under or behind a tree. The e6 seems to straighten me out out a bit (band aid fix) until I can get to the range and video my swing and find the culprit. Now that I am out of TM TP Reds the e6 and e7 will probably be my ball unless I find the Wilson Tour FG or Bridgestone B330S or even the B330RX since I am right on the cusp of their swing speed recommendations. 105 for RX and 110+ for the S. I am in the 103-113 range.

Ya, pretty big SS range but considering I have more titanium in my spine that most foursomes have in their drivers (combined), I am lucky. I have had 5 back surgeries including a 3 level lumbar fusion and 2 level cervical fusion. They told me I would never play again and I had the sh!t eating grin (in my head) at the time the Dr uttered those words. My senior tour dreams maybe dashed and I have to settle for mid 80's.....enough about me....sorry for going off topic. We (wife and I) played today and the spine was a major factor. :russian_roulette:.

Bottom line, unless something amazing is released or price dropped, the e series is my ball. I will play many various Wilson balls as I am their best fan. The Zip and 50/50 are great balls. The Smartcore and True are great two piece distance balls for tough conditions or ball eating courses or new courses with lots of blind shots. At less that $1.00 a ball and moderate performance you have an amazing back up or reserves. I could go on and on about balls. I leave it there.

Go with the e6 or e7, try the Wilson FG Tour if you see it on sale. At least try a sleeve so we can get your feedback. Also, if you see them, grab some Wilson Zips. Nice 3 piece ball that has great distance, good feel and average green side spin.

Funny that I've tried the e5+, e6+ and the e7, and just have not been impressed with any of the three.

Really, I think it comes down to feel - I've never really liked the feel of any of the e series, and I found:
e5+ - Hard, sort of spinny, scuffs easy, and surprisingly hard off the putter for a Urethane ball
e6+ - Shorter than my normal lower compression gamers, and don't bite around the green. Hard off the putter.
e7 - Never really saw the low trajectory. Lower than the e6+, but not lower than other gamers I've used including the Wilson Staff Tx4 and TP Red. Spun decent.

For all three balls, I can instantly think of other balls that I'd like better depending on the situation.

My regular partner loves Bridgestone balls, and his regular gamer is the B330-RX. Personally, I've tried a couple of their tour balls, and just haven't been impressed. Odd enough, I do generally like Nike balls, and they're made for Nike by Bridgestone!

I do agree with Bilbo - the Wilson balls are very stout for the money (as long as you avoid the cheapies like "Maximum").

D -  TM Stealth+ Kuro Kage 5th Gen 60g S

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

4-PW W/S D7 Forged KBS $ Taper Lite S
48* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

54* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

60* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

Putter - 22 TM Spider X Short Slant Hydroblast

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA)