Vegas course ideas

which ones
We are going to vegas first week in december and going to play twice, which ones??? Looking for moderate priced ($100-$200). We are low handicapers so a challenging wont matter to us.

Any ides. The website all say theirs are the best and challeging.

Comments

• JaylasvegasJaylasvegas Members Posts: 2,408
    where will you be staying, is transportation going to be a problem, let me know and I will give you my advice for what its worth
  • GolfinnovaGolfinnova Paiute Wolf Members Posts: 1,017
    If you haven't already played them, Aliante is a pretty challenging course. A lot of people recommend the Paiute courses and the Primm courses. All of them you can book through golfnow.com for under $100. Stallion Mountain would fit your price range, but it is way overpriced.

You may be able to get Bali Hai under $200, that is a favorite track of mine.
  • bjgolferbjgolfer Posts: 190
    Jaylasvegas wrote on Aug 26 2006, 09:39 AM:

where will you be staying, is transportation going to be a problem, let me know and I will give you my advice for what its worth

SOme want to stay at the new WYNN but we are going cheap at the monte carlo, so we will probally taxi-ing it or a hotel shuttle. Any better ideas????
  • GolfinnovaGolfinnova Paiute Wolf Members Posts: 1,017
    Monte Carlo is good (played there quite a bit in April, have good slots). Wynn is way overated and away from the good action, the slots are very tight and the area is dead after midnight.

Unless you are going to play Bali Hai or Wynn, your best bet is to rent a car; otherwise, you'll get killed on taxi fare. (Speaking from experience).
  • Steel NinjaSteel Ninja Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    edited Aug 26, 2006 #6
    Some of my favorites are:

Rio Secco

Dragon Ridge

Revere at the Anthem

These are all in Henderson just 15 minutes south of the strip.

If you do rent a car then drive 1 hr east to Mesquite and play WolfCreek.

Probably one of the most visually stunning and difficult courses made.

http://www.playthewolf.com/topmenu.asp?id=230&page=4331

These are typically $150-$225 but can typically find better deals going through the discount golf websites.

Pic of Wolfcreek:

amenitiespic.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade M1 460 9.5* Driver - RIP Beta 70x
    Taylormade R11 15.5* Fairway - RIP Beta 80x
    Mizuno MP 25 4-PW - DG S300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50-54-58 wedges - DG S400
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 7
  • JaylasvegasJaylasvegas Members Posts: 2,408
    get a rental car, taxi fares will be more than the cost of a rental per day.

TPC canyons

Rio Secco

Dragon Ridge

Bears Best

Paiute

these are all nice and great courses but are over $200.00 per person

Primm

Tuscany

National

Rhodes ranch

Red Rock

Siena

these are all great also and under $200.00 per person

Palm Valley

Highland falls

LasVegas GC

Wildhorse

these are fun courses and under $100.00 per person

the Monte Carlo is a great place, it is very central to the action on the strip and you are in the middle of Ceasers and Mandalay bay and across the street there is alot to do as well.

Its a great golf destination, and even better night life, if you need any info on the nightlife I will be glad to help as well
  • spk74spk74 Members Posts: 464
    I'm headed out to Vegas this weekend (my first time) for a bachelor party. Staying in the Bellagio, and thinking of playing a Paiute course with several buddies. I'm the best golfer of the group (6 hcp), the others are closer to 25 hcps. Which course would you suggest? I'd like the Wolf...but am thinking Sun or Snow would be better for the other guys.

Can you rent a car for an afternoon? Where would be the best place to rent the car?

Will playing in the afternoon be miserable? My only experience with Desert golf was in Sedona...where 100*F felt more like 75*F due to the elevation and low humidity.
  • Steel NinjaSteel Ninja Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    edited Aug 30, 2006 #9
    You can rent a car inside the Bellagio and yes it will be miserably hot there in the afternoon this time of year (100*+) Try to play early if possible......just sleep in really late, gamble and party till dawn and then drive to the course and tee-off early.

It should make for some interesting golf!!
    Taylormade M1 460 9.5* Driver - RIP Beta 70x
    Taylormade R11 15.5* Fairway - RIP Beta 80x
    Mizuno MP 25 4-PW - DG S300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50-54-58 wedges - DG S400
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 7
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,930 ✭✭
    It sure did for me, played Rio Secco and Reflection Bay back to back days on about 5 minutes of sleep. That was about the dumbest five million bucks I've spent this year. It was so hot my heart started racing, good stuff!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1