Bridgestone Tour B330-S

hoardog

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Best ball out ther IMO. About 5 yards shorter than the B-330, but the feel is incredible. The ball is more durable than the original and has great feel and response off of irons and around the greens. Ive been playing this ball for a while and it is nuts. Lucky me with my special Bridgestone connections.

• 1 month later...

I liked it but the cover stayed in my grooves a little too much for me. I don't like a ball coming back at me...I think it was Lee Trevino who said, "I've never cashed a check when a ball was headed in my direction." A little one hop and stop is better for me aka Srixon HRX333 is my ball of choice unless I am on an ultra long course then I will sometimes flip off to the TF TL Tour which is a little longer than the HRX.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree on the durability, they held up very well for me. After even hitting a cart path the B330S was still playable. I have been comparing the B330 and the B330S and i can not tell a difference in distance only in spin around the greens. Both feel firm but the B330S will check easier out of the rough. I switched from the Platinum after only two rounds with this ball.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have played this ball as well and I also agree that it scuffs to easy. Comparable in distance to the Prov1.

[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 9* Matrix Radix S7~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 3 wood 15* ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Mizuno Mx-300 5-GW ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 56* Black Oxide ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Ping Craz-E Center shafted ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Penta ~[/b][/color][/center]

• 1 month later...

I play this ball when it is winday and the regular Pro V1 when its not. The B330-S holds it's line far better in the wind than any Titleist I have ever played. It is about 1/2 club longer into the wind and does not float and fall. Under calm conditions it flys about the same as the PRO V1. Around the greens it plays about the same and for me it does not scuff much, I can play 18 holes with one if I push it, but I usually change balls at the turn, whether it's a PRO V or Bridgestone.

I would highly recommend the B330-S. I did not like the B330 it's too hard for me.

I just purchased several dozen for some planned golf trips, one of which will include some highly comptetive golf. I prefer the feel to the B-330, just as I prefer Pro V1 over the Pro V1x. Distance is slightly under that of the B330, but the spin characteristics around the greens make up for the minor distance loss.

I have had no durability issues with the B-330s as compared to Pro V1. The only other "new" ball that I had an opportunity to try (one ball for 9 holes) is the Callaway HX.56. It is definitely superior to last year's version and worth a look.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

B-330S was my primary ball this past season. Durability is comparable to HX.56 or Pro V1 IMHO. Distance is excellent(longer than Pro V1, but 3-5 yards shorter than HX.56) and control/spin are outstanding. I tried and did not like the B-330 at all, to hard and too little control around the greens.

If I can admit to a bit of bias, I have played Precept (EV Extral Spin, Tour Premium, U-tri Tour) over many years, so the progression was natural and sucessful.

I have used the B330S for nearly a year, it is a top quality ball, as good as the Pro V1 which Bridgestone claim was copied from the B330! Like all high end balls, they have soft covers and can scuff up with hard wedge play. The S is about 5 yards shorter than the B330 and IMO actually spins too much in some conditions, for that reason I will use the B330 on some days and the B330S on others. IMO it is a better ball than the ProV1 at a much lower price - no contest!

recently played this ball head to head with proV1 and found both to be very similar. The B330s was a little longer off the tee almost on every tee shot. Not far about 15 feet. Around the greens it was a toss up. spin is great and this ball really performs. The only negative point I can find on this ball is the cover durability compared to the proV1. The B330s lasts easily a full round, but will look a little beat while the ProV will hold up better. I think durability is a little overrated, if a ball can last a full round, and I have not found one that couldn't, than durability is not an issue.

• 1 month later...

Been playing this ball for just over a year now and can't see myself changing anytime soon.

If you can compress it the distance off the driver is great, the ball doesn't seem to be as effected by wind as the prov1, and it has a great soft feel to it. Spins a tonne around the green, and feels great off the putter face (I like a soft feel vs. the hard click)

I have had no issues with durability. Only time it's been badly scuffed is off of a cart path, but I haven't found a ball that hasn't.

On full wedge shots minimal scuffing (what do you expect if you have sharp wedge grooves), where as I nearly rip the covers off the HX Tour56 or ProV1.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

• 2 weeks later...

I find the HXTour plays more like the B300, not the B330s.

And I still find I can rip the covers off the HxTour series a lot easier than the B300 series.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

• 1 month later...

The B330S is the best ball I've tried over the last year or so. I'm not a particularly low handicapper ( 9 ) but this ball outperforms everything else I've tried ( other than the Z-URS which I am also a huge fan of ).

I get great distance off the tee with this ball and the feeling is also very good with the irons. But what impresses me most with this ball is the greenide feel. I dont have the most impressive short game addmittedly but boy has this ball helped. The ball skips and checks even on small shots. I've not managed this with any other ball.

I've tested the ProV, HX Tour, HX Tour 56 and the B330S outperforms them all. I will say that the Z-URS has better durability over the course of a round but that is not to say the B330S isnt durable because it is.

I found I shredded the HX and the HX 56 far too easily for my liking and the ProV1 was absolutely fine, but i like the fact that i play a ball that most people dont. It's almost like my little secret . . . .

Far and away i love this ball and wish it was more readily available here in the UK. If you havent tried it yet then go get yourself a sleeve - you wont be disappointed.

Started using the B330-s 6months ago. At that time I had 3 sleeves of Prov1's left. I still have the same 3 sleeves of Prov1's left in the bag.

It's a great ball for me around the greens and off the tee box, they are long with the right amount of release on the greens. The seamless cover is a mental plus, I don't have to set the ball up on the seam when putting. Am I corect in saying the Prov's are now using seemless covers on their new release ? Got to be something in that.

Picked up a couple of dozen on 'Bay the other day and handed a sleeve to a buddy for a goodwill payment. He was so impressed he picked up a couple of dozen himself and gave one to another buddy who is also hooked.

Lov'em (cool)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a few dozen b330-s balls just to try them out and I have to say that I'm very pleased by the feel and distance. The ball spins like its a bad habit which I find appealing. Even with the spin a power fade doesn't tail off too badly.

The durability is great. I took a dozen to shag around the pitching area here in Tampa and I'm still using the same dozen weeks later. I could probably use most of those balls right out on the course if I needed to.

Definite A+, I think I'm going to stick to this ball for a while. Now only if Bridgestone offered an inexpensive custom ball labeling service...

Kilroy

• 2 weeks later...

I used to use the NXT Tour ball when my game wasn't as good and that's a great value ball. Especially if you tend to lose 1 or 2 on the course. When I got better I tried the ProV1 and liked it, but the price nawed at me. The B330S is better in my opinion and cheaper. The regular B330 is too hard and doesn't spin as well. I've been playing the B330S for nearly a year now and after having this ball stop on a dime for me on numerous occasions I won't be switching for anything else anytime soon.

Besides it easy to find my ball out there in the sea of Titleists. :-)

--

• 4 weeks later...

2007 b330-s is an amazing ball. In my experience it is a little more of a boring trajectory than the pro v1, which for me makes it a little longer and more accurate. One thing that I love about this golf ball is that like the pro v1, it always seems to "know" how you want it to behave on certain shots, especially around the greens.

It's a a little longer for me off the tee than the pro v1 and is a tad bit more durable.

I wanted something between a pro v1 and pro v1x and this is it.

I like the HX Tour, but I can still tell that it's a harder ball with a soft cover. I like the more liquid center type of response on the putter that the b330-s has. With the b330-s I feel like I get the gooey feel of the pro v1 without the potential for mild ballooning on windy days and with a little more durability. I would play this ball even if it were not a few bucks less than the pro v1.

In my opinion, Bridgestone is the most underrated golf company in the world. Everything that I have of theirs is great.

• 1 month later...