2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Nike One Tour / Tour D

TempusFugit

I briefly used the search engine but couldn't find any thread where someone would explain the difference(s) between the Nike One Tour and the Tour D. Someone care to explain in a few words ? Is the D like the ProV1x and the non-D like the regular ProV1, or vice versa ? MY SS is between 95-100 and I don't want a ball that spins too much off the driver. Thanks

Driver : Srixon Z745 10.5* Stiff / Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Stiff
3W : Callaway X2 Hot Tour Stiff
5W : Adams XTD-ti 15* Stiff
3Hi : Adams XTD-ti 20* Stiff
4Hi : Adams XTD-ti 23* Stiff
Irons : 4-7 Wilson Staff FG Tour V2, 8-PW Wilson Staff FG59
50* : Wilson Staff PMP
56* : Wilson Staff PMP
Putter : Wilson Staff 8802

Balls : Wilson Staff FG Tour / Srixon Q Star Yellow

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought two dozen Nike Tour D at costco for 20 bucks a dozen. I thought they would be good, but I am disappointed. You may like them if you prefer a harder cover. The cover is urethane but is very hard feeling and I think the ball lacks feel. To me it feels like a surlyn ball.

My swing speed is similar about 100-105mph. My favorite ball other than ProV1 is Taylormade LDP TP Red right now. It is supposed to have lower ball flight and less spin. IMO, It has much better feel than Nike Tour D.

I got a sleeve for free at a tourney and was shocked at how long the Tour D was w/ pretty good spin on wedge shots. IMO, it's the longest ball I've ever played. Loved it so much I got a bunch more and it's my ball of choice. It's a sensational ball that is every bit as good as the Pro V1's, Cally Tours, etc.

Ping G400 MAX 9 Kuro Kage Tini 60x

Titleist TSI2 18 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

[quote name='aliikane' timestamp='1284358849' post='2693586']
Just bought two dozen Nike Tour D at costco for 20 bucks a dozen. I thought they would be good, but I am disappointed. You may like them if you prefer a harder cover. The cover is urethane but is very hard feeling and I think the ball lacks feel. To me it feels like a surlyn ball.

My swing speed is similar about 100-105mph. My favorite ball other than ProV1 is Taylormade LDP TP Red right now. It is supposed to have lower ball flight and less spin. IMO, It has much better feel than Nike Tour D.
[/quote]

+1 about the cover. Given (I think) its supposed to be comparable to the ProV1 I thought it would feel softer, but it's closer to a top rock in terms of feel. Only plus about the cover was that it holds up better with sharp wedges. I might have played the same ball for 5 rounds before it scuffed enough for me to move it to the shag bag, a proV1 can hardly make it through 1 whole round in that regard

Callaway Rogue SZ Fuji Pro Tour Spec 75
Callaway XR with Fubuki J
Titleist 712U - Steelfiber i110
Callaway Apex MB - Steelfiber i110
Callaway MD5 54, 58, 62 Modus 120
Odyssesy White Hot #8

[quote name='danielh' timestamp='1284602081' post='2699199']
I have been using the Tour D for a long time, and I got plenty of spin with them. Cover feels a little hard, but it still spins great. I also tried a sleeve of the One Tours and I lost of bunch of yards off the tee because I was spinning it way to much. Something to think about...
[/quote]

I recently purchased a box of the Tour One as they were on sale. The ball isn't as soft off the putter face as a Pro V or my personal favourite, the Srixon Z Star; spin off wedges isn't really that different, but it spins a ton of longer irons and driver. I hit some crazy banana balls with this ball (both directions) that I couldn't do with a Pro V or Srixon...not exactly a good thing I don't think, unless you really "work the ball" with your driver (I'd like mine to go generally straight, thanks). I'll stick to the Srixon's.

[quote name='TempusFugit' timestamp='1284348552' post='2693454']
I briefly used the search engine but couldn't find any thread where someone would explain the difference(s) between the Nike One Tour and the Tour D. Someone care to explain in a few words ? Is the D like the ProV1x and the non-D like the regular ProV1, or vice versa ? MY SS is between 95-100 and I don't want a ball that spins too much off the driver. Thanks
[/quote]

Golf digest have some charts with wedge and driver spins.
from thier testing...The tour one D has one of the least amount of driver spin for urathane covers. or try Callaway ix or iz.
The tour one has one of the most driver spin tested

• 2 months later...

[quote name='EZ72' timestamp='1284603397' post='2699243']
[quote name='TempusFugit' timestamp='1284348552' post='2693454']
[/quote]

Golf digest have some charts with wedge and driver spins.
from thier testing...The tour one D has one of the least amount of driver spin for urathane covers. or try Callaway ix or iz.
The tour one has one of the most driver spin tested
[/quote]

It really is a great link. golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/hot-list/2010-06/hotlist2010_golfballs_spinchart

[quote name='caseyc1' timestamp='1284600494' post='2699147']
The One Tour is like the ProV1 and TourD like the ProV1x thats why the tourd doesnt spin as well and is harder. The One Tour is a great ball that is one of the spinniest balls out there and the cover actually holds up pretty good
[/quote]
The One Tour has crazy spin, actually it was too much for me. It caused my shots to ballon up. My SS is 100-104, i lost about 10-15 yards compared to a Pro V1.

[quote name='zxsuxr' timestamp='1290320811' post='2800693']
[quote name='caseyc1' timestamp='1284600494' post='2699147']
The One Tour is like the ProV1 and TourD like the ProV1x thats why the tourd doesnt spin as well and is harder. The One Tour is a great ball that is one of the spinniest balls out there and the cover actually holds up pretty good
[/quote]
The One Tour has crazy spin, actually it was too much for me. It caused my shots to ballon up. My SS is 100-104, i lost about 10-15 yards compared to a Pro V1.
[/quote]

Same for me. Except I still lose 8-10 yards when using the Pro V1's. The Penta is better if you can control your flight, but the best off the tee for me is the NXT Tour. It shoots off like a rocket.

[quote name='BRIDGESTONE1' timestamp='1284375139' post='2693683']
For me, the Tour D was much shorter off of the tee than the Callaway i-series and ProV-1
[/quote]

It drives me nuts sometimes how we find different things that work for different playes. I'm not arguing with you at all. I can't spin a Pro V1 to save my life and then the very next shot it sucks off the green??? Really? I thought that I was going to love the Callaway i(s) but it is one of the shorter balls I have hit. The Nike Tour D is one of the longest. I play the ONE Tour and the Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow. Both balls are great (for my game and what I want to do). If I need max spin it is the ONE Tour and if the greens are softer and receptive then the Z-Star fits the bill. Would love to have more spin out of the Z-Star and then I would play just one ball. the ONE Tour is a great ball and spins more and feels softer than the ONE Tour D. If you did not like the D give the ONE Tour a shot but it may still not be your cup of tee. It is not a soft mushy ball but feels great when struck solidly. I feel that the ONE Tour is one of the most under-rated balls on the market cause most people wont even give it a shot cause of the swoosh on the side.

[quote name='Dei3Nascar8' timestamp='1290358011' post='2801038']
[quote name='BRIDGESTONE1' timestamp='1284375139' post='2693683']
For me, the Tour D was much shorter off of the tee than the Callaway i-series and ProV-1
[/quote]

It drives me nuts sometimes how we find different things that work for different playes. I'm not arguing with you at all. I can't spin a Pro V1 to save my life and then the very next shot it sucks off the green??? Really? I thought that I was going to love the Callaway i(s) but it is one of the shorter balls I have hit. The Nike Tour D is one of the longest. I play the ONE Tour and the Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow. Both balls are great (for my game and what I want to do). If I need max spin it is the ONE Tour and if the greens are softer and receptive then the Z-Star fits the bill. Would love to have more spin out of the Z-Star and then I would play just one ball. the ONE Tour is a great ball and spins more and feels softer than the ONE Tour D. If you did not like the D give the ONE Tour a shot but it may still not be your cup of tee. It is not a soft mushy ball but feels great when struck solidly. I feel that the ONE Tour is one of the most under-rated balls on the market cause most people wont even give it a shot cause of the swoosh on the side.
[/quote]

+1

Just bought 5 dozen One Tour's for $17.99 each.. for that price.. it's better than everything else I've been using :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1290359286' post='2801061']
Just bought 5 dozen One Tour's for $17.99 each.. for that price.. it's better than everything else I've been using :)
[/quote]

Care to share where you got this great deal???? I am looking to stockpile some One Tours before the new Nike ball comes out

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Can anyone compare the Tour D to the Srixon zstar and zstarx? Distance and durability? I played the zstar this year and liked the balls performance. Good at everything and doesn't tear up with wedge shots like the ProV1x does for me. But looking for more distance with the driver - so considering either the zstarx or the Nike Tour D - as I like the $30 price they are going for now.

Titleist TSi3 10 Evenflow Riptide MX 60 6.0
Titleist TSi2 15 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
Titleist TS2 19 Tensei CK Blue 70 S
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58 DG Tour 115
Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined, Toulon Las Vegas

• 1 month later...

Just an update to this.. turns out the deal I got the Nike One's wasn't worth it. Thank goodness I was able to trade them out at a local store.

Bottom line.. I spun the Nike Tour's WAY too much. Off of every club.. it ended up costing me strokes. I lost distance on driver and irons.. a terrible ball for me. Lesson learned :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Scaldy' timestamp='1294379111' post='2879984']
Anymore direct comparisons of the proV1 and the Nike ONE tour? I played a ProV1 for the last two season's, the distance and spin was great but it came at a price obviously, and the durability was lacking. I picked up a few boxes of Nike's last month at Golf Town for $20. Crossing my fingers...
[/quote]

To answer your question the best i can... they are very similar in spin. drivers about the same, they are very nice around the greens tho, they dance like a top for me. i can even back uo a 7 iron np. I dont play them anymore tho, well, wont be, now that I got some prov1x's and B330s.

I used to play the Nike One Black and would also mix in B330 and V1x. When they discontinued the One Black I tried the One Tour D and didn't like it as much as the One Black. Just something about it and I can only describe it as feeling clicky. Performance wise, I thought the One Tour D was fine though. Near the end of 2009, someone gave me a box of the regular One Tour and I found that I liked that much better than the One Tour D. I was surprised because I had liked the One Black, B330 and V1x, which I understood were on one side with the B330s and V1 on the other side. Then again recenly I saw the One Tour on sale and bought two dozen for a tougher course where there is a lot of trouble. I had been playing V1x all season and didn't really notice a distance or spin difference with the One Tour, but did notice that it didn't scuff as easily. I do have a sleeve of Pentas that a friend game me that I am waiting to try and also a box of Tourstage that I brought back from Japan. I've also read a lot of good things about the Srixon balls. So many choices!

[quote name='danielh' timestamp='1284602081' post='2699199']
I have been using the Tour D for a long time, and I got plenty of spin with them. Cover feels a little hard, but it still spins great. I also tried a sleeve of the One Tours and I lost of bunch of yards off the tee because I was spinning it way to much. Something to think about...
[/quote]

I concur. The Tour D is long and absolutely worth a try. I still prefer the Pro V1-X, but given the price diferential the Tour D may be your ball. I personally have not found it to be particluarly hard feeling like some of the other posters have.

Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts
50*, 54* & 60* Titleist SM6 wedges
Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip