Minnesota wrx's?

whysguy

[quote name='OnFire' timestamp='1295970390' post='2923155']
[quote name='heavybladed' timestamp='1295063945' post='2897844']
Hello fellow 'snotans,

My utter golf withdrawl has me looking at the Minnesota Golf Association website and I did notice that the state Mid-Amateur is at Tanners Brook, a public course. And also at Dellwood Hills, a private course. Just wondering if anyone with some knowledge who's bored would like to ramble on about Dellwood and help a fellow golfer get an advanced scouting report on this establishment as I am unlikely to have access to it ahead of time.

Thanks for your time and wishing an early spring for us all!
[/quote]
Didn't like DH. It's more like a muni than a private, to me at least. I guess not a lot to say about it other than that. Not too long but there are about 8 or so holes where you will have to work the ball on the tee. left to right or vice versa. The par 3s aren't incredibly long, just average. All I can really say
[/quote]

LOL -- The new generation. I've always thought of Dellwood Hills as long and tough, but last time I played there I was using a wooden driver with steel X-100, and seemed like I wore out my long irons. :lol: Times have sure changed! :drinks:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1295976981' post='2923422']
Hello fellow 'snotans,

My utter golf withdrawl has me looking at the Minnesota Golf Association website and I did notice that the state Mid-Amateur is at Tanners Brook, a public course. And also at Dellwood Hills, a private course. Just wondering if anyone with some knowledge who's bored would like to ramble on about Dellwood and help a fellow golfer get an advanced scouting report on this establishment as I am unlikely to have access to it ahead of time.

[/quote]
Didn't like DH. It's more like a muni than a private, to me at least. I guess not a lot to say about it other than that. Not too long but there are about 8 or so holes where you will have to work the ball on the tee. left to right or vice versa. The par 3s aren't incredibly long, just average. All I can really say
[/quote]

LOL -- The new generation. I've always thought of Dellwood Hills as long and tough, but last time I played there I was using a wooden driver with steel X-100, and seemed like I wore out my long irons. :lol: Times have sure changed! :drinks:

Kevin
[/quote]
Okay, it's been a couple years since I played there, so, from the tips you might have a point. That first par 3 after you cross the train tracks I suppose is about 200 or so from the tips (?) and then the other par three when you come back around before you go back over the train tracks is about 200 or so as well? I think both have water short and right. Am I remembering correctly?

[quote name='OnFire' timestamp='1296049660' post='2925739']
Hello fellow 'snotans,

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
Okay, it's been a couple years since I played there, so, from the tips you might have a point. That first par 3 after you cross the train tracks I suppose is about 200 or so from the tips (?) and then the other par three when you come back around before you go back over the train tracks is about 200 or so as well? I think both have water short and right. Am I remembering correctly?
[/quote]

I don't think you understood my post... I can barely remember yesterday let alone 30 years ago. :lol: Back then, 200 yards was a 3 iron!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1296049865' post='2925746']
Hello fellow 'snotans,

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't think you understood my post... I can barely remember yesterday let alone 30 years ago. :lol: Back then, 200 yards was a 3 iron!

Kevin
[/quote]
I understood your post completely. I don't think you understood my last post. I'm admitting I might be wrong, and that it might be longer (like you said) than I remember from a few years ago. And I don't disagree at all about 200 being long for a 3 iron; it's absolutely long, and depending on wind can be one of the hardest shots on the course in a given round. Maybe someone else will chime in about DH because I've only a vague memory of it for some reason right now, even though I can visualize many of the holes in my head right now when thinking about it. Heck, I can even try digging through my score cards and see if I have yardedge, but I'm sure a Goggle search would find a website for their club and course.

[quote name='OnFire' timestamp='1296074627' post='2926966']
Hello fellow 'snotans,

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
I understood your post completely. I don't think you understood my last post. I'm admitting I might be wrong, and that it might be longer (like you said) than I remember from a few years ago. And I don't disagree at all about 200 being long for a 3 iron; it's absolutely long, and depending on wind can be one of the hardest shots on the course in a given round. Maybe someone else will chime in about DH because I've only a vague memory of it for some reason right now, even though I can visualize many of the holes in my head right now when thinking about it. Heck, I can even try digging through my score cards and see if I have yardedge, but I'm sure a [b]Goggle search would find a website for their club and course[/b].
[/quote]

Website, yes. Info about the course? No, just the home page and a log in for members, it being a private cc.

TS4 8.5* - RogueElite65-X

980F 15* - EpicFwy-S

915HD 17.5*, 913HD 21.5* - GS95-S

FGTour 4-9 - 1150GH-S

Cleveland 50,56* - TTDG-W

Slotline ss385

Hello fellow 'snotans,

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
I can't stand Dellwood. I wouldn't play it again for free.

[quote name='heavybladed' timestamp='1296098699' post='2928171']
[quote name='OnFire' timestamp='1296074627' post='2926966']
Hello fellow 'snotans,

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin
[/quote]
I understood your post completely. I don't think you understood my last post. I'm admitting I might be wrong, and that it might be longer (like you said) than I remember from a few years ago. And I don't disagree at all about 200 being long for a 3 iron; it's absolutely long, and depending on wind can be one of the hardest shots on the course in a given round. Maybe someone else will chime in about DH because I've only a vague memory of it for some reason right now, even though I can visualize many of the holes in my head right now when thinking about it. Heck, I can even try digging through my score cards and see if I have yardedge, but I'm sure a [b]Goggle search would find a website for their club and course[/b].
[/quote]

Website, yes. Info about the course? No, just the home page and a log in for members, it being a private cc.
[/quote]

Huh, weird. Nevertheless, I went through a huge stack of my cards and found the DH card. It is 7118 from the tips and the two par 3s I was referring to (the one just after crossing the rail and the one coming back) are 175 and 210 respectively. In between them (those are #3 and #15) there are both a 240 and 228 yard par 3s (from the tips of course). And I was right - there are about 8 or so holes where you will have to work it, either from the tee or the fairway.

[quote name='OnFire' timestamp='1296222856' post='2931869']
[quote name='heavybladed' timestamp='1296174480' post='2930644']
Thanks for taking the time, it's appreciated. Sounds like it's fairly well defended, sure hope I can qualify! Got to have goals.
[/quote]
No problemo. Now you just have to sit tight for the next 3 months. :(
[/quote]

Where do you play OnFire?

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1296224401' post='2931910']
[quote name='OnFire' timestamp='1296222856' post='2931869']
[quote name='heavybladed' timestamp='1296174480' post='2930644']
Thanks for taking the time, it's appreciated. Sounds like it's fairly well defended, sure hope I can qualify! Got to have goals.
[/quote]
No problemo. Now you just have to sit tight for the next 3 months. :(
[/quote]

Where do you play OnFire?
[/quote]
Keller, Manitou, Highland, Goodrich, Phalen, Como, Ponds, Hillcrest. Generally those are my stomping grounds. Sometimes me and my bud will go to the outskirts - Sawmill, Loggers, Oak Glen, etc.
How 'bout yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely be up for that too, my usual golf buddies won't even consider playing till they can wear shorts and sunglasses. I'll be out as soon as a course opens.

980F 15* - EpicFwy-S

FGTour 4-9 - 1150GH-S

Slotline ss385

You guys have it great. I live in Moorhead, about 4 blocks from the ND border. There are some decent courses here, but nothing really interesting. If I want to play someplace nice, I'm driving at least an hour to get to Wildflower, or more depending on. Sounds like there's a lot of options down in the cities.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

[quote name='SwagginAP2' timestamp='1297748412' post='2978509']
[quote name='SPY ZINGER' timestamp='1297643978' post='2974155']
With the weather today, I really got the itch!!
[/quote]

Agreed, brought the 6i in the house to start doing a little swinging and the wife said, "it's that time of year already"

:cheesy:
[/quote]

Your wife is understanding. I have to get my in house practice in when my wife isn't around. Amazing how angry they get because of a small hole in the ceiling...

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

[quote name='Tuba' timestamp='1297798740' post='2979700']
DH is a course you need to play a few times to understand. It has some pretty quirky designs IMO. I could play Tanner's Brook every day of the week. It is a wonderful design, an easy walk and always in excellent condition.
[/quote]

Are you interested in elaborating on quirky? Like fairways that turn against their camber, or tucked greens? Just hoping to pick your brain a bit, thanks.

980F 15* - EpicFwy-S

FGTour 4-9 - 1150GH-S

Slotline ss385

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1297833315' post='2981578']
Ideas on when ranges will be opening? If the weather keeps up we will be looking at early march golf!!!!!
[/quote]

I'm thinking before St Patty's day!!!

980F 15* - EpicFwy-S

FGTour 4-9 - 1150GH-S

Slotline ss385

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1297833315' post='2981578']
Ideas on when ranges will be opening? If the weather keeps up we will be looking at early march golf!!!!!
[/quote]

I would definitely say about 3-4 weeks. Tomorrow is supposed to be 50 again and we are melting like crazy, a lot quicker than what I thought originally as we all know there was more than a couple inches on the ground. That said, I think we are supposed to have a cool down beginning Friday with more normal highs in the low 30's. Hopefully we can get some sun though and we would still melt some even if it is 30-32 degrees.

[quote name='SwagginAP2' timestamp='1297640810' post='2974003']
On FIre, once the snow melts, we will have to touch base, I would love to get out with a fellow WRXer and swing the sticks. I live about 2 minutes from Keller!
[/quote]
Sorry I haven't been to the board for a while. I will PM you. My golfing is going to be rather limited this year since I am in the beginning stages of starting my own business.

BTW, my dad was telling me the other day that Keller is going to close for several years to remodel. Is this true? I can only imagine what they want to change after all these legendary years.

I've long had ideas about what I would change about the course (lengthen several holes - 1, 2, 5, 12, 13, 15, and turn 9 into a par 4), but that's just me. ;)

[quote name='heavybladed' timestamp='1297800369' post='2979755']<br />[quote name='Tuba' timestamp='1297798740' post='2979700']<br />DH is a course you need to play a few times to understand.  It has some pretty quirky designs IMO.    I could play Tanner's Brook every day of the week.  It is a wonderful design, an easy walk and always in excellent condition.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Are you interested in elaborating on quirky? Like fairways that turn against their camber, or tucked greens? Just hoping to pick your brain a bit, thanks.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

I have not played it for several years, but back then you played a couple holes where the fairway was on a bog. It was very soft. The 9th green was cone shaped and that day they had the pin at the top of the cone. Weird. It just is not my favorite course in the area.

• 4 months later...

Rochester, MN 14 HCP

Play "up north" 1-2 times a month (Giant's Ridge and Wilderness)

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag