2011 PGA Show - Cleveland and Srixon Demo Day Pics

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  9000WRX Points: 669Posts: 9,000 Marshals
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Posted:

Comments

• Stevens24Stevens24 Members  156WRX Points: 91Posts: 156 Fairways
    The Srixon line looks absolutely great, and those Z-Star irons are image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CooperCooper Members  272WRX Points: 55Handicap: 4Posts: 272 Greens
    Srixon irons look nice, but Cleveland dropped the ball with those wedges, what a waste
    Posted:
  • usmcdadusmcdad Golfdude Members  133WRX Points: 60Handicap: 11.3Posts: 133 Fairways
    Swing and a miss!!!!! Now that the zip grooves are gone, they have lost it all. What is with that cavity? It's a freakin wedge!!!!!!
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9° Project X Even Flow Blue 75X
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° Project X Even Flow Black 75X
    Srixon ZU85 3 20° Recoil ES95 F5
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.5
    Titleist SM7 Jet Black 52,56,60 Wedge Flex
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #9
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OHMembers  1705WRX Points: 128Handicap: 14Posts: 1,705 Platinum Tees
    usmcdad wrote:

Swing and a miss!!!!! Now that the zip grooves are gone, they have lost it all. What is with that cavity? It's a freakin wedge!!!!!!

The CG15's are great wedges. I haven't tried the CG16 with the cavity, but if it's like the CG14 (vibration dampener in the cavity), it will be seen in a lot of PGA tour bags. The CG14 is still used quite a bit on tour.
    Posted:
    TS2 driver, 9.5, set at 10.25
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Epic Flash Heavenwood, 20
    G410 4h, 22
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • EJPEJP Members  144WRX Points: 0Posts: 144
    Some sweet stuff! I'm not quite loving those z star irons...maybe they'll grow on me. Those CG16 tours actually look pretty sweet, badge a little busy but they have a nice sole grind. CG1 Tours haven't made too much buzz since they came out. Wedges look very nice but I wonder about the cavity.

EJP
    Posted:
  • njgolfernjgolfer Members  217WRX Points: 60Posts: 217 Fairways
    The Cleveland CG16 wedges look good. Interesting enhancements to the cavity design. Also, the Srixon ZT-X remind me of my Tour Stage x-blades, but maybe a little longer heel to toe.

One of the best line ups so far.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • vmanvman Members  1387WRX Points: 239Handicap: ProPosts: 1,387 Platinum Tees
    usmcdad wrote:

And the tour pros are using it too,maybes they need some cavity wedge love to iron out those misshits.
    Posted:
    COBRA SZ 9*
    CALLAWAY X2 HOT 3 DEEP 14.5*
    ADAMS PRO MINI 20*
    COBRA FORGED TEC BLACK 4-G
    VOKEY 54.10 S GRIND
    CALLAWAY PM GRIND 58*
    MARANELLO 8.02
  • haydoshaydos Members  262WRX Points: 0Posts: 262
    like the look of the zstar stuff, didn't like the cg16 irons much pretty busy and chunky.
    Posted:
  • b~carnoustieb~carnoustie Titrixon Man Members  136WRX Points: 60Posts: 136 Fairways
    did the srixon ztx irons always have the tungsten or whatever material of weight in the outer lower cavity?
    Posted:
  • WhiteStakeWhiteStake Members  321WRX Points: 55Posts: 321 Greens
    I like the look of the CG16 Tours. The black finish is niiiiice. As far as the cavity, it's positively tame in comparison to most out there.
    Posted:
  • gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers  1919WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,919 Platinum Tees
    Cooper wrote:

Srixon irons look nice, but Cleveland dropped the ball with those wedges, what a waste

Well it's no longer "The Year of the Wedge" so why bother, right? LOL!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • judoguy888judoguy888 Members  308WRX Points: 0Posts: 308
    not feeling the z star irons at all, a bit sad about that, look sorta cheap to me. The rest of their irons have always spoke to extremely aesthetically pleasing designs, but i think they dropped the ball with the z star irons. And to answer an earlier post, yes the ztx has always had the lower cavity weights.
    Posted:
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members  1188WRX Points: 157Handicap: 10Posts: 1,188 Platinum Tees
    Cleveland/Srixon is going to have a fabulous year. Maybe not quite as many models as some of the others, but overall I give them #1. What's wrong with two options of wedge models? The groove issue is a dead issue. Putting real quality golf shafts in to their woods and hybrids now that's worth talking about. Great new putter line, great golf balls.
    Posted:
  • ToddGsellToddGsell ClubWRX  475WRX Points: 62Posts: 475 Greens
    I saw the z star irons a while back. I really like how they look in person. They have a clean look to them. I was only able to hit them inside, and I didn't have my own irons to compare them with, but I kept going back and hitting them again and again. I put off buying a new set that I had picked out because I wanted to try the z-stars out in the real world first. Based on the monitors they were pretty forgiving on toe hits as well. I'm looking forward to hitting these outdoors.
    Posted:
  • judoguy888judoguy888 Members  308WRX Points: 0Posts: 308
    good to know todd, looks like something ill have to give a shot, just getting over the looks at the moment. have you tried any other srixon irons to compare them to? i had the srixon 1701 tours and loved them
    Posted:
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6627WRX Points: 296Posts: 6,627 Titanium Tees
    judoguy888 wrote:

good to know todd, looks like something ill have to give a shot, just getting over the looks at the moment. have you tried any other srixon irons to compare them to? i had the srixon 1701 tours and loved them

anyone demo the CG16 iron set ?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • CarloGolferCarloGolfer ClubWRX  2566WRX Points: 90Posts: 2,566 Titanium Tees
    I'm so excited about that mashie. Looks perfect.
    Posted:
  • ToddGsellToddGsell ClubWRX  475WRX Points: 62Posts: 475 Greens
    judoguy888 wrote:

I've hit some other srixon irons a handful of times, but nothing recent enough to make a good comparison. I thought about picking up a set of 701s, but never got around to it.. I could be wrong, but I think the z-stars are probably longer heel-toe than the 701s--but don't hold me to that. Sorry I can't help more.

It's been a couple of months, but these seemed like they were larger than a lot of forged heads without looking chunky. I'm definitely giving these a second look.
    Posted:
  • IU06IU06 Members  490WRX Points: 0Posts: 490
    Cleveland Mashie.....yes sir!
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M1-Matrix Ozik Altus Proto
    Ping i20
    Titleist AP2, CB Combo S300
    Titleist SM 6- 54
    Titleist SM 6- 58
    Odyssey 2-Ball Tour Fill
  • brad_mcwhirtbrad_mcwhirt Members  80WRX Points: 65Posts: 80 Fairways
    Other than the CG16 wedges and irons, the 2011 lineup looks pretty solid. Should be a good year for Cleveland/Srixon...
    Posted:
    Ping Rapture: 9* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 13* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 18* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping i5: 3-PW with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 56* with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 60* with CS Lite Stiff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.