Titleist Pro V1x (New Version)

Hifade

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this ball is an absolute piece of crap compared to the 06 model. Into the wind it is probably the worst premium ball out there for me. Just balloons straight into the sky, can't really hit a low, boring shot with it into a strong breeze. I also shred it a lot more with my wedges, which really doesn't make any sense from what it's supposed to do. I liked the seemed model better.

Tachus Posted Jun 24 2007, 03:59 AM

I feel the same. The last few X's and the V1* were great into the wind but the nex X spins far too much for me (especialy irons).

I have had to try other balls and the best for me have been the HX tour and the B333.

Gem

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]
Callaway MD 2 58 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo

I know that this is an X forum, but I played the new ProV1 yesterday and loved it. This new model is definitely longer than the last, and has great feel. I kind of always hated the X, just because I can't spin it, and not that I do much throwing past the whole type thing, but I want it to stop when I need it to. The regular ProV1 sits on a dime when needed and kicks forward when needed. Please forgive me for this comment, but 7/8s of the people who play the X would benifit more from the 1.

The only thing I was worried about was the trajectory, in the past it would balloon, this one is beautiful, and thats coming from a high-ball hitter.

• 6 months later...

I like the "new X" alright I guess.I like it more than the Pro v1 anyway.To me,IMHO,I think the Callaway HX Black ball is the best ball ever made.Thats just me though.If it's wet or the greens are soft I play the HX black.If they are dry/crusty and fast,I play the Black HX56. Taylor Made also has some very good golf balls out also.I found one on the course one day {dont remember the color though} and was real pleased with it.I must say I was very impressed.If Im buying 'em and plopping down $45 a doz, then Im reaching for the Callaway blacks every time.Without hesitation.For "poops and giggles" I do wanna try the Top Flite "Gamer".Im curious.

• 4 months later...

Just got fitted to the PROV1X. I don't have a very fast swing speed ... 95 mph. However, we tested out the PROV and the PROV 1X and, as expected, the PROV 1X had less spin... around 2,900 RPMs when hit with a 9.5 degree driver at 95 mph. We saw about a 500-700 RPM increase, sometimes, 1,000 RPM (probably my swing) between the PROV and the PROV 1X. Which would lend itself to a higher, not ballooned, ball flight. However, when the PROV1X hit the ground IT WENT!!! At 2600RPMs the thing took off when it hit the ground. Very kewl!

If you havent had a chance to spend some time with a launch monitor you should. The ball facts alone and the difference between the various balls is quite amazing. I would say if you are in the 16-11 handicap ... taking the time to fit a ball well definitely give you that boost of confidence to get your handicap lower.

• 1 month later...

ProV1x is my gamer now. Tried all the top balls (including the new bridgestone RX) but the "x" is the best. Only swing 94mph with driver. Every time I use this ball I score well. Time and time again I will be using another premium ball and switch back to the "x" and my game improves and I score well.

The drives are straight & irons shots are pinseekersl. Also feel with putter is fantastic. I done screwing around throwing money away on other balls, I will stick with the "x". I haven't tried the prov1 yet and that may be suited to my slower ss.

I play a full round with the Prov1x's and it's still like new.

Not changing my username but
had a hole in 1!

• 1 month later...

I do enjoy these. The don't spin too much for me- most of the time. Great off the driver, better off irons. Throwing darts with full wedges, but they do come back on me, often when I didn't want them to, but I'm sure that's just me leaning into it. Great ball. Too bad about the price, though.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nearly 70% gave 5 stars but most post are negative or neutral...someone is afraid to rate what they say!

I gave it a 2 but I am a big fan of the technology in the Callaway and Bridgestone golf balls. Pro V1's have had little change except for what they had to change from the lawsuit.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

I had a Dicks scorecard rebate dert.that was about to expire.They werent allowing on Titleist or Cally so I picked up a box of Slazenger Black Max {I believe!! Their Eruathane anwho} and they were el perfecto!! Great spin around the green and with the lower mid to wedges,as good of dsiatnce as the prov1 x or Cally tour-i.I havent seen them for sale @ anywhere but Dicks.Maybe they own the name rights to Slazenger now as they sell a lot of "Sliazimoto" balls and apparel.They did say "Made in Japan" on the box so I dont know who makes them.A great golf ball at any price IMO. The Prov1-x and Cally HX-Tour I had been my two previous ball choices.The new "X" feels harder and {to me} dosent generate the spin ;ast years model was.To me, the Pro V balls have "worsened" with each "new,improved" ball.The old proV-Star was a horrible ball.Good call on crapcanning that one.BUT,For the money {and score} you really owe it to yourself to give these "black box" Slazenger a test drive.

• 2 months later...

After running out of the old Pro V1 balls I finally had to try the new 2009 Pro V1s and found them to be a harder/heavier feel and not as good for chipping and putting. I felt the new ball is harder to compress and doesn't come off the Driver as well as the old Pro Vs. Its a sad day as I don't find the new version is as good as last years version. It was mentioned to me that I should try the TM Black ball, the Callaway iX and possible the Bridgestone 330s so I asking anyone out there what they think is like the 2008 ProV?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ragu421' post='984196' date='Mar 24 2008, 12:23 PM']I like the "new X" alright I guess.I like it more than the Pro v1 anyway.To me,IMHO,I think the Callaway HX Black ball is the best ball ever made.Thats just me though.If it's wet or the greens are soft I play the HX black.If they are dry/crusty and fast,I play the Black HX56. Taylor Made also has some very good golf balls out also.I found one on the course one day {dont remember the color though} and was real pleased with it.I must say I was very impressed.If Im buying 'em and plopping down $45 a doz, then Im reaching for the Callaway blacks every time.Without hesitation.For "poops and giggles" I do wanna try the Top Flite "Gamer".Im curious.[/quote]

Have you tried the Top Flite Gamers?
I just finished playing a round with a guy that has switched from ProV1s to Top Flite Gamers. He swears by them. Have you stuck with the ProV1s?

I usually play with Callaway HX Hots or NXTs but if the performance is the same I might try the Gamers.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='littleprov1x' timestamp='1182748928' post='611963']
I think that this ball is an absolute piece of crap compared to the 06 model.
[/quote]
I agree. I never really played Titleist balls often to begin with, but the older ones felt like they had more spin to them, and the older ones seems to be more properly made according to my playing style. That's just my opinion though.

Cleveland CG Black 265 Driver TaylorMade R7 3 Wood Callaway XHot Hybrid Callaway Diablo Edge Irons Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I made the mistake of buying a dozen of these before actually playing a sleeve. I liked the previous generation alright, but there's just something not quite right about these. Decent feel and decent distance, but the cover just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. I've cut a couple of these and if I try to hit a big short iron, it's definitely going to be the ball's last hole because the cover gets tore up pretty bad.

Simply not as impressive as I'd hoped.

• 3 weeks later...

They play very well through a round if you don't hit trees, cart paths, etc, if you do, they get a mark, or soft chew, instead of a hard scuff like a hard ball. If it's price that bothers you, play 1 year old reconditioned, like new, 25 bucks a dozen approximately. That's what I am playing, and love the feel and spin on greens. I admit, I don't like 46 bucks a dozen, and won't pay that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Hifade' timestamp='1117081852' post='5461']
Has anyone played the new Pro V1x and compared it distance wise and spin wise to last year's version? Let us know.
[/quote]

I have not been golfing for very long, but I was at a local golf shop talking to one of the repair guys and I gold him I was struggling with distance. I was previously using cheap ram golf balls and to be honest I can see why now they are so cheap. The guy suggested to me to try Titleist Pro V1X's than he told me the price. I was hesitant because paying 13.95 for a pack of golf balls vs 50 is a substantial difference. What I did was I went back home and did some research, I ran across http://www.squidoo.com/titleist-golf-balls2 and I was very intrigued about how when they were first released on tour they led the guy to a win. I was very impressed so the next day I went down back to the shop and bought a dozen. The next day at the tee, I first used one of my old ram balls and got about 230-250 and I was like o.k. so I next try'd the Pro V1X golf balls and OMG, I hit the ball almost 270 yards and I was sold on the idea once again. Ever since than I have never stopped using the Pro V1 Golf ball.

• 4 months later...