Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1303234441' post='3167722']
these types of topics always amaze me and cause me to ask this one, simple question...

WHY DO YOU CARE IF SOMEONE _____________________?

a) plays blades and has a 12 Hdcp
b) carries a staff bag and shoots in the 90's
c) has a circle T putter
d) has "tour issue" equipment

fill in the blank with your ridiculous example.

Get over it. If we all did everything like you do, used your accepted clubs, etc., it would be one BORING world.
[/quote]

amen.

I used one in the past because I carried so much gear with fickle weather in New Zealand, needed warm gear, wet weather gear, wet weather gloves, fleece or wool hat etc. We all used push carts so size was no problem. Now in Africa its a carry bag, mainly for my caddy's sake and cos I dont carry much, an umbrella and balls is about it.

I am not an advocate of playing dress-ups of carrying a staff bag that is monogrammed like the pros- sure use the bag if you like it and you need the space etc, but for heavens sakes we are grown ups and shouldnt need to play dress up

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1303483239' post='3176330']
Would you pay to have some company's logo put on your car? Makes about as much sense as paying money for a staff bag. But hey, if it makes you feel cool...:crazy:
[/quote]

You do realize that pretty much every car sold today has it's make, model, logo or emblem both on the front, back and sometimes even side of the car.

Same goes for carry bags too.

I voted no cause for me , it would be silly to lug around that big stupid advertising billboard and not get paid to do so like they were purely intended to be used for.

But mostly , I find it interesting that so many people take these threads SO personally.

Do I care what anyone else does ? No.

Did the OPs question specifically ask if you did ? No.

Why is defense the first reaction for so many people ?

Tuff times we live in anymore....

XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

[quote name='tElihu' timestamp='1303485164']

You do realize that pretty much every car sold today has it's make, model, logo or emblem both on the front, back and sometimes even side of the car.

[/quote]

Believe it or not but i swear to you i actually have all the emblems removed from my car.

Not for this reason but still. :-)

XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

Would you pay to have some company's logo put on your car? Makes about as much sense as paying money for a staff bag. But hey, if it makes you feel cool...:crazy:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.:rolleyes:

Since you've missed the point, perhaps a picture will help. Allow me to present the automotive equivalent of a bought staff bag.

skittlesdonk.jpg

You might be looking slick in your own mind, but to the rest of us it's just ridiculous.

But like I said, do whatever makes you feel cool. Haters gon' hate, and we aint mad at cha.

We're just laughing at you, that's all.:cheesy:

So let's see... if you buy a staff bag, you're a schmuck being used by the company that brands the bag? Buy a stand bag and you're ok? Think about it, when's the last time you walked into a golf store and saw a golf bag without a company logo on it?

I see all kinds of golf bags at work. Don't care if they have staff bags or not. A bag is a bag, its there to hold clubs and store stuff. Simple as that.

I just don't like the ones loaded with 60 balls. They get heavy after a while :D

Thank you, Captain Obvious.:rolleyes:

Since you've missed the point, perhaps a picture will help. Allow me to present the automotive equivalent of a bought staff bag.

skittlesdonk.jpg

You might be looking slick in your own mind, but to the rest of us it's just ridiculous.

But like I said, do whatever makes you feel cool. Haters gon' hate, and we aint mad at cha.

We're just laughing at you, that's all.:cheesy:

My apologies.

I didn't realize I was replying to a 12 year old.

16pars-

Never said it has to be a stand bag, and the last time I saw a bag with no big logo on it was when I bought my Sun Mountain bag. Don't mind having the logo of the company that made the bag on there, but paying money to play dress-up with a staff bag was, is, and will always be silly. About as silly as painting up your Monte Carlo to look like your favorite NASCAR driver's ride.

My apologies.

I didn't realize I was replying to a 12 year old.

Un-original, un-inspired, and un-funny. Wow, did that hit a little too close to home? Feel free to fill one of these out.:hi:

hurt-feelings-report.gif

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I've always laughed when I see someone with a staff bag with someone else's name on it. I know that stuff is usually embroidered on there but I wouldn't be caught dead with a staffy that said "Jimmy Stankowitz" or something on there...

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Un-original, un-inspired, and un-funny. Wow, did that hit a little too close to home? Feel free to fill one of these out.:hi:

hurt-feelings-report.gif

H I L A R I O U S !!!!

I wonder how many of the guys that are barking the most about how only a schmuck would carry a staff bag are the same guys that stamp their initials into the bumpers of their putters and the backs of their wedges.

If there's anything that's makes someone a "wannabe", IMO that's just as bad. Staff bags have the logo on them just like stand bags, sunday bags, etc. I just don't get the problem.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

I can fit everything I need in my Ping Hoofer (and carry 99.9% of the time I play) so never saw the need/utility in a staff bag (although I did have one before that I won in a tournament and used it to store random clubs).

That being said, yeah, I think it's a little ridiculous that a 15 handicap sports a bag with his name on it, but it's his money and name so I don't really care.

I'm sure there are certain things that I may do on and off the golf course that the 15 handicapper would find ridiculous - to each his own.

-A 5 Handicapper Who Still Occasionally Games His 1iron Blade :)

I do find it a bit ironic that it's OK to have a carry/stand bag with a company name stamped all over it (including Sun Mountain, which - hello - is a company, too), but NOT a staff bag? I'm not at home, but I think my Callaway Hyperlite carry bag actually has more Callaway logos on it than my Callaway staff bag. So if it's all about the logos, wouldn't the staff bag be "better"?

I have a cart bag with a cooler. Best invention ever. Fits a 6 pack in it. And the big pocket holds the other 6 pack. Take one out and replace it with a warm one so its cold when I want it to be.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

So the consensous is that staff bags are ridiculous and, us that carry them are all wannabe's and all of you with a little stand bag are just perfect because staff bags have LOGO's embroidered all over them. Have you guys even looked at your own stand bags they have the SAME logo's embroidered all over them also, LMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, grow up, play this great game, worry about your own SHAT and shut up.

if you gonna have a staff bag..especially with your name on it..fine. But dont let me beat you :)

I have a staff bag with my name on it and you might beat me but, that's NOT going stop me from ENJOYING the game of golf!wink.gif

TM M3 Tensei Blue
TM P790 2i & 3i Steelfiber
Titleist AP3 4 - 48' Project X LZ
Titleist SM4 52' & 56' DG
Scotty Cameron Select, Newport 2

[quote name='Smoothduffer' timestamp='1303971827' post='3192571']
So the consensous is that staff bags are ridiculous and, us that carry them are all wannabe's and all of you with a little stand bag are just perfect because staff bags have LOGO's embroidered all over them. Have you guys even looked at your own stand bags they have the SAME logo's embroidered all over them also, LMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, grow up, play this great game, worry about your own SHAT and shut up.
[/quote]

I don't care about logos on any bag (and I'm not sure how the thread got to this point - all bags have logos); [b]if [/b]I had an issue with staff bags (I don't - as I posted above, yeah they look a little ridiculous but not enough for me to care), it's that they're wholly unnecessary for 99.99% of people and are an absolute nightmare for a caddy (if any of you walk).

[quote name='YipMaster' timestamp='1304040492' post='3194764']
[quote name='Smoothduffer' timestamp='1303971827' post='3192571']
[/quote]

I don't care about logos on any bag (and I'm not sure how the thread got to this point - all bags have logos); [b]if [/b]I had an issue with staff bags (I don't - as I posted above, yeah they look a little ridiculous but not enough for me to care), it's that they're wholly unnecessary for 99.99% of people and are an absolute nightmare for a caddy (if any of you walk).
[/quote]

EXACTLY why are they wholly unnecassary? The same could be said for ANY bag no matter the size of it, if it has more than lets say 5 pockets. That is WHOLLY unnecassary too, 1 pocket for balls 1 pocket for tees 1 pocket for gloves 2 pockets for miscellaneous stuff there that is 5 pockets and everything you need to carry. So, we should all carry a 5 pocket bag if you have any more than that I will be laughing my ARSE off at you and you better not let me beat you, LMAO. I ride in a cart everytime i play just like 99% of everyone else i have ever seen at a golf course. I guess since i'm a wannabe for using a staff bag when i COULD use a stand bag, i can call all of you that walk a course and hold everyone up wannabe's when you could ride in a cart and not hold everyone up, HUH. I dont care if golfers walk, ride, crawl, or hop when you play, i think its good enough that you are out enjoying this great game. Apparently i am in the MINORITY of minding my own bussiness tho, stop worrying about what other people bring to the golf course worry about YOURSELF and be glad others are out enjoying themselves.