2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Fujikura Rombax Z Series

Fujikura Shaft introduces it's new Rombax Z shaft for 2008. A specially designed shaft made to benefit the player with a smooth tempo/swing and body type turn/ regular transition. The shaft is made to release quickly on the down swing to return the clubface to a square position. This shaft is perfect for those players who have problems squaring the club face and with slicing. The Z reduces the amount of energy loss by storing the swing energy in a smooth bend at the top then unleases with minimal twisting and vibration for long stable distance.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i'm not mistaken, the description above is for the JDM version of the Rombax Z and not the US/North American version.

the US/NA version description is as follows:

The newest addition to the Rombax family in 2008 targets those top level players that desire a low, penetrating ball flight. The Z’s stiff tip and high bend profile is designed to dramatically reduce ball spin and launch angle.

the JDM version is a high torque, "soft" shaft designed for the smooth tempo swinger whereas the US/NA version is a low torque shaft designed for low launch and spin.

JDM page (via Google translation): http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8

US/NA page: http://www.fujikuragolf.com/pages08/rombaxz.html

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

• 1 month later...

Rombax 7W06

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70 Limited White X
Titleist TS2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 
Titleist TS2 21* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 

Titleist 718 CB 4-P DGS300
Titleist Vokey raw SM6, 50-8F, 56-12F, SM7 60-08M S300
Cameron Select Newport 2 with SS Flatso 1.0
Pro V1X

• 3 weeks later...

I would also be interested in knowing these shafts compare. I have hit several Fujikura's and Diamana's Blueboard but have not been able to find a Whiteboard to hit. I am looking to my reshaft my driver with either the Rombax Z or the Whiteboard. :D

[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade R9 10.5* Diamana Kai'li [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade R9 17* Diamana Kai'li[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Callaway FT 21* Diamana Thump[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Mizuno MP-52 5-PW Project X[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Vokey SM 52, 56, 60, 64 KBS Tour[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Bettinardi SB-1[/font][/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving my Rombax Z in the Tour Burner head...I went with a stiff that was tipped to play just under X. I used to fight a weak cut, but find I can turn the ball over beautifully with this shaft. Ball flight is a touch low for me at times, but really I just wanted the lowest spinning shaft I could find.

ROGUE 10.5 // HZRDUS BLK
G410 17.5 // EVENFLOW BLK
TITLEIST U510 4 // HZRDUS
SRIXON Z765 // MODUS 3
FOURTEEN 50 56 60 // KBS
EDEL

• 1 month later...
I'm loving my Rombax Z in the Tour Burner head...I went with a stiff that was tipped to play just under X. I used to fight a weak cut, but find I can turn the ball over beautifully with this shaft. Ball flight is a touch low for me at times, but really I just wanted the lowest spinning shaft I could find.

I worried about this. I was planning on putting a rombax x flex into my l4v but Im worried it may launch too low for even me so Im considering putting in an aldila nv 65 x instead. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help with this idea?

I am very (very) pleased with the Rombax Re-Ax shaft (65g) I have in my Taylor made Superquad, and I want to try and get the same feel in my 3 wood. I tried a Graffaloy Red which was OK, but I wonder if there is a Rombax 'Z' shaft that is as close to the 65g shaft I have in my driver.

I have not bought a three wood just yet, but the Ping G10 looks like the club I want to go for. Would anyone suggest other ideas?

Clearly, I have not tried the Fuji shaft with the Ping, so I am trying to work this on theoretically first. I'd love to try it out but I do not think I am going to get that luxury...

The Joe Kwok 'sticky' recommended that I give a bit of detail, so I hope this is OK

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, lenght, etc )

TaylorMade TP 9.5 Dgree, Stiff, std length

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

105 mph driver swing speed, smooth - on a good day!

3. What is your handicap and on a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing?where is your striking ability?

Handicap 6 , good consistent '8' striker

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

Adding a three wood for the 240 yard shot into Par 5's

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!

I tried the fitting at the Belfry in Bormingham, and the Rombax stiff 65g Re-Ax shaft I had in the Taylormade when checking on drivers gave me the optimum ball speed/spin and launch compared to all the other shafts and cllubs I tried

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

See Q4

7. Have you had any dynamic club fitting before? Lie angle? For RH players, What is your measurement Knuckle to floor and wrist to floor on your LH...Vice Versa for LH players? Shoes on!

No

8. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

Bad shot is a weak high right shot, and I can hit off the heel on rare occassions (but nothing I get concerned about on the course)

9. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

Medium flight penetrating shot - arrow straight

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?

Parkland course Surrey England

11. Body build and postures? height? etc.

Medium build, 5 ft 10, good posture and set up

12. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

More like - Olazabal, Like to have Luke Donald's tempo

13. etc. The more the better it become.

Any help gratefully received : - )

• 3 weeks later...

Played the first round with the shaft (Z series 5Z08 stiff) with my Taylormade 425 TP 9.5 ( my previous shaft was the stock Rombax 65

This Z shaft is quite noticeably tip stiff. launch is bit lower, and much..much less spin. the ball rolls like 30-40 yards once it hits the ground. To me it also felt much stiff than my experiences with other Rombax or Speeder series.

it's good and bad for me.

good = the stable tip and low launch/spin gives me a much more roll. the description above is true to me that the shaft comes back to square position easily. along with the slightly open head of my r7 425 tp, it helps avoiding a bad banana.

bad = the stiff tip and low launch gives me not as much 'carry'. Since the shaft comes back to square position easily, it's easy to hit a draw (or hook) than my previous shaft. . And it feels not as smooth as other fujikura. Toward the end of the round, i found myself having to swing it harder to get a better result. (not aggressively, but definitely harder).

I think that people with smooth swing yet some muscles will benefit the most from this shaft. I can say that i'm smooth swing, but not a muscle guy... will have to see how this helps me for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Great shaft to lower spin and get your face to square up. I have the 7Z08 Stiff even though I was fitted for X. The feel is the greatest thing about this shaft. You know everything that is happening throughout the swing. The Diamana WB, PL Red, V2, etc are too boardy for me. The Aldila Voodoo/VS Proto works better in a hybrid or fairway for me. Graphite Design takes a close second to Fujikura in my book.

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 18GB, 8GF 45.5"

(testing) Diamana PD 60TX (D5) 18GB, 16GF 45.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i

T20 50.07, T24 54.08D, Callaway Jaws Raw 60.08C, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Callaway Tour X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just switched from a Titleist 905r 10.5 with a proforce v2 to another 905r 9.5 with the rombax 7z08. i was hitting the v2 just a bit too high with a little too much spin, which may have been due to the 10.5 head. the rombax brought my ball flight down to a nice penetrating ball that carries due to the low spin. plenty of roll once it hits the ground. my numbers on the launch monitor were 155 ball speed, 14.5 launch, 2700 spin. PERFECT. averaging 290 on the launch monitor. also, ball dispersion is VERY TIGHT with this shaft. very good control

• 3 weeks later...
i just switched from a Titleist 905r 10.5 with a proforce v2 to another 905r 9.5 with the rombax 7z08. i was hitting the v2 just a bit too high with a little too much spin, which may have been due to the 10.5 head. the rombax brought my ball flight down to a nice penetrating ball that carries due to the low spin. plenty of roll once it hits the ground. my numbers on the launch monitor were 155 ball speed, 14.5 launch, 2700 spin. PERFECT. averaging 290 on the launch monitor. also, ball dispersion is VERY TIGHT with this shaft. very good control

Did you get to try the 7Z08 in the 10.5* head? I have a 10.5* 2009 TM Burner TP with stock RE*AX TP 65s. Always have been 9.5* or lower. Nice flight and carry but no roll :scare2: . Seriously considering 7Z08 shaft. I have an aggressive swing (avg 105mph). 6Z08 may be too light.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im daren from the Uk ( 2 ) handicap (112-114mph swing speed) play the (new prov1 ball) and ive got a Tiltleist 909D3 (9.5) the club is fitted with the Fujikura Rombax 7Z08 x-stiff and i must say i LOVE this combo.!!! ive always been a high ball / high spin player...ive always been a Titleist player but have never found a great combo with regards to head/shaft ....until now.!!

the ball launch`s with a nice penetrative flight and it just keeps going with plenty of roll out after it hits the ground...

Also i find it easy to shape my shots either being a draw or fade with this club,the dispertion is excellent aswell......

this club will be staying in my bag for a very long time.....im one happy golfer... :yahoo:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I got more than I anticapated from Z 6Z08. Im driving the ball over 10 yds. longer a min & with more accuracy. Even when I rush my tempo Im on the left side of the fairway a little but Im out there a long way compared to how far I was hitting it before. The trajectory is piercing with a great feeling that lets you know its going to be a sweet shot. This shaft with the Titleist D3 909 is a great combo. One of the best shafts Ive ever hit as it may be a little expensive but after I took it out the 1st time I was convinced that it was worth the money I spent on it. :yahoo:

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

I am gaming the 8z08 in my Burner TP with an avg swing speed of 110. Could not be happier with the performance of this shaft, the spin dropped way down giving my ball all sorts of hang time. I switched from the 75gram Fujikara TP offering and picked up more stability, less spin, more roll and much tighter dispersion. My final choice was either the Rombax Z or whiteboard, with the heavier offering from Rombax I felt much more comfortable hitting the sweetspot more consistently.

Overall great shaft for me! Looking at newer heads always but making shore the tip diameter fits the Rombax to pull it along.

• 1 year later...