Fuzzy Zoeller RC CP Dual Bite -52 Wedge

Mike Donald RC CP Dual Bite -52 Wedge

Des Smith RC CP Dual Bite Wedge-56 JP 104 3 wood -15

Massy Kuromoto RC CP Dual Bite Wedge-56,58 JP 104 3 wood -15

Mike Reid JP 104 3 wood-14

Bob Gilder Maruman Shuttle 3 wood- 13

Willie Wood JP 104 FH-21

• 1 month later...

I have the hybid and love it. How would you compare the RC fairway woods to the Tour Edge CB4 and XCG4 as far as distance, dispersion, and forgiveness?

Ping G15Miyazaki Kusala - 12°

Callaway Epic Speed – Fuji Ventus VeloCore - 18°

Ping G430 Max FW – Alta CB 65 Black - 21°

Ping G430 H – Alta CB 70 Black - 26°

Ping G425 – Alta CB 72 Slate 7-PW

Vokey SM9 – 50 / 56 / 58

Odyssey White Hot OG #5 - 34”

I wanted to know about the two fwy wds... now three fwy woods! Thanks Joey.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

I have the japanese version of their Tour VS fairway - unreal club! Best fairway i've ever used. I just ordered their new utility that won utility of the year in Japan, too. Should be great!

I also ordered a set of 2011 OnOff Forged irons and I don't know what to shaft them with... i'm thinking Crazy Steel (Target Tour shafts) Modus 3's, C-Tapers, TT Monacos or Shimada Tours/Pro..... I swing very hard/fast, steep, I usually hit a very high ball and my miss is a thin shot.

Let me know please.
Appreciate it!

I can chime in here, I have a set of the VS TOUR's and they are very nice irons. The feel is impressive, and they are very forgiving in the long irons. To be honest you don't give anything up with these irons. I just sold my set of Epon's for these irons and am glad I did. IMO the VS Tour's are night and day better than the Epon 302's and Miura does not have a iron that can do what the VS tour can do.

i am not a huge fan of the RC on the back of the iron but i don't care because they feel great, very forgiving, and they have a really hot face.

i will be buying another set.

[quote name='Irishputter' timestamp='1316747103' post='3584175']
I have the hybid and love it. How would you compare the RC fairway woods to the Tour Edge CB4 and XCG4 as far as distance, dispersion, and forgiveness?
[/quote]

I have the jp104 14 3 wood and had the TEE CB4 3 wood. The RC jp104 is a better looking head and I like that it doesn't have a bulged/rolled face like the TEE Cb4. The RC jp104 has a nice flat face that makes it super easy to hit off the deck and the tee. I have mine shafted up with an Attas 90X and it's one of the best 3 woods I've ever owned.
Distance probably goes to TEE by a litte bit but not much
Dispersion- Jp104 wins
Looks- jp104 wins
Feel- jp104 wins
Off the tee- Tied
off the deck- jp 104 wins

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='Harob11' timestamp='1316768222' post='3584517']
I have the japanese version of their Tour VS fairway - unreal club! Best fairway i've ever used. I just ordered their new utility that won utility of the year in Japan, too. Should be great!

I also ordered a set of 2011 OnOff Forged irons and I don't know what to shaft them with... i'm thinking Crazy Steel (Target Tour shafts) Modus 3's, C-Tapers, TT Monacos or Shimada Tours/Pro..... I swing very hard/fast, steep, I usually hit a very high ball and my miss is a thin shot.

Let me know please.
Appreciate it!
[/quote]

The right way to do this is to find out why you are a high ball hitter and how high is high, Then I can help you with shaft suggestion. Going with high kick stiff tip shaft might not be the only answer. It could lead you only 1 good hit out of 10 hits.

Full fitting will be able to tell also why you have a tendency hitting it thin, etc. It's all about minimizing all the bad shots according to the skill level. A good fitter will never talk only numbers.

So the right answer here to get fit properly from a good fitter.

My 2 cents!

joe

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1316737795' post='3583810']
COMING SOON!
[/quote]
Joe,
I have about 12 rounds in now with my RC Tour VS irons you fit and built for me. What can I say? Every round keeps getting better. I never thought at a 13-14 handicap that I would be able to play a forged, not GI iron. I was wrong. The Shimada shafts might even be the best part of my clubs. Totally satisfied and am so happy I came to see you.
It is time to retire my old TM 3 wood and pay you another visit. I am so happy with my irons, I am wondering what your thoughts are on a RC fairway for me. Would I be a candidate for the Tour VS or the JP 104 fairway wood? Do you have demos of both right now? If so, I will email you to set up a fitting.
Thanks again, Joe. You are the best!
Scrap22

[quote name='scrap22' timestamp='1317481610' post='3611481']
[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1316737795' post='3583810']
COMING SOON!
[/quote]
Joe,
I have about 12 rounds in now with my RC Tour VS irons you fit and built for me. What can I say? Every round keeps getting better. I never thought at a 13-14 handicap that I would be able to play a forged, not GI iron. I was wrong. The Shimada shafts might even be the best part of my clubs. Totally satisfied and am so happy I came to see you.
It is time to retire my old TM 3 wood and pay you another visit. I am so happy with my irons, I am wondering what your thoughts are on a RC fairway for me. Would I be a candidate for the Tour VS or the JP 104 fairway wood? Do you have demos of both right now? If so, I will email you to set up a fitting.
Thanks again, Joe. You are the best!
Scrap22
[/quote]
My pleasure and I'm glad you are playing better golf.

I just replied your email!

joe

JK - this is the best thread I could have stumbled upon while awaiting my Kwok'd Tour VS 3w.

Another very satisfied, Kwok-fit customer.

TSR3 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

009 Welded 1.5

LATEST NEWS!

Insperety administaff classic, Woodlands CC, Houston Texas Oct 9.2011

Players Name Clubs in Play Score Place
Bruce Vaughn RC Dual Bite CP - 52.56 , 60 Wedge DNP
Tom Wargo JP 104 15-3 Wood, RC Dual Bite CP 52 - Wedge DNP
Dan Forsman RC VS Tour Irons 3- PW 75,68-143 27-$13,502
Keith Fergus RC Dual Bite CP-60 Wedge 71,70-141 16-$23,438
Bruce Flescher RC Dual Bite Cp -52,56,60 wedge, Jp104 18 hybrid No Clubs in play
Sandy Lyle RC Dual Bite CP 58- Wedge, RC JP104 FH 18- Hybrid DNP
Robert Thompson RC Dual Bite CP -52,58 Wedge JP 104 14 3 Wood DNP
Ian Woosman RC Dual Bite CP 60-Wedge, RC Tour VS Irons 4-PW DNP
Tom Jenkins RC Tour VS Irons 4-PW 71.70-141 16-$23,438
Tim Simpson RC Dual Bite CP -56 Wedge, Jp!04 14 3 Wood No Clubs in play
Jim Thorpe RC Dual Bite CP -58 Wedge, VS Tour Driver 10 Loft w/d injury
Jay Seigel RC Dual Bite BK 58-Wedge DNP
Mark Hayes RC JP104 14- 3 Wood, RC Dual Bite BK 52 & 58-Wedge DNP
Wayne Levi RC Dual Bite CP 58 Wedge, JP 104 -15 3 Wood No Clubs in play
Tony Jacklin Maruman Shuttle 15- 3 Wood DNP
Bill Rogers RC Tour VS 10-Driver DNP
Fred Funk RC Dual Bite CP 52,58 Wedge DNP
John Morse RC Dual Bite Cp 56,60 Wedge, Jp 104 -14 3 Wood DNP
Larry Nelson Maruman Shuttle 15- 3 Wood DNP
Tom Kite RC Dual Bite CP 52,56 Wedge 77-73-150 71-$1,292
Rod Spittle RC Dual Bite CP- 52 Wedge No Clubs in play
David Frost RC Dual Bite -56 Wedge 69.72-141 16- $23,438
J L Lewis RC Dual Bite CP 52,56 Wedge No Clubs in play
James Mason RC CP wedge 58 and jp104 3 wood 14 loft 71-79-150 71-$1,292
Peter Jacobsen RC JP 104 15-3 Wood No Clubs in play
Bill Glasson RC Jp104 14-3 Wood, Rc Dual Bite CP 60- Wedge 71,70-141 16-$23,438
Dana Qiugley RC JP 104 15 3 Wood 73-71-144 24-$9.832
Mitch Adcock JP 104 15-3 Wood, RC Dual Bite CP 52 - Wedge DNP
Tom Watson RC Dual Bite CP - 52,56 Wedge DNP
Roger Chapman JP104 RC FH 18 loft DNP
John Jacobs JP RC 104 Driver 9.5 Loft DNP
Fuzzy Zoeller RC CP Dual Bite -52 Wedge 73-74-147 53-$3,835
Jim Woodward RC CP Dual Bite 58 Wedge DNP
Willie Wood RC CP Dual Bite Wedge -52, JP 104 FH -21 DNP
Kirk Hanfield RC CP Dual Bite 52 Wedge DNP
Chris Endres Rc CP Dual Bite 52 Wedge, JP 104 FH-18, VS 3 Wood-15 DNP
John Mcgough RC CP Dual Bite 60 Wedge, Jp104 3 Wood-15 DNP
Dave Eichelberger Maruman Shuttle -13 DNP
Lee Trevino, Legends Division Maruman Shuttle-15, JP 104 FH-21 DNP
Charles Coody, Legends Division JP 104 3 Wood-15 DNP
Bernard Langer RC Dual Bite Wedge-58 69-72-141 16-$23,438
Jeff Sluman RC Dual Bite Wedge-52,JP 104 3 wood -14 No Clubs in play
Jim Rutlidge JP 104 3 Wood-15 No Clubs in play
Mike Reid JP 104 FH 21,23 80-71-151 74-$1,058
Hal Sutton JP 104 FH -21 No Clubs in play
Joey Sindelar RC Charlotte putter 71-69-140 15-$36,000
Morris Hatalsky Rc Blk Miami putter 68-79-148 59-$2,550
Ed Romero JP104 FH-18 68-68-136 3rd- $122,400

wow looks like the wedges and the Jp104 are HOT out there.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Joe,

Any of the VS Tour fairways in LEFTY in stock yet? If so, please PM me a price on either a 14* or 15* head. Thanks!

Tour Issue TaylorMade M6 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana X17 60x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade M5 15*(Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 70x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade 19* 5-wood (Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 80x)
TaylorMade P750 3-PW (Nippon Modus Proto "2T15")
TaylorMade MG Black 52* (Nippon Limited "Blue" 125)
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* (Nippon Limited "Blue" 125)
TaylorMade Spider X

I've been gaming a VS Tour Driver, 3-wood, hybrid, and the RC blades for the last several weeks... fit by Kwok himself. I thought I'd chime in here with my thoughts on the clubs.

VS Tour Driver
This thing shoots knuckle ball bullets. The first time you here the sound, you'll realize there's something different about this club. It has been alot easier to hit this driver straight than my old R7. My only warning would be for those who have a tendency to miss with a slice... this club definitely has a fade bias. My miss went from too much hook with the R7 to too much fade.

VS Tour 3 Wood
This club is awesome. It's very similar to the hybrid. If you miss on the heel, it will fade right back into play. If you miss on the toe, it will draw back to the fairway. If you hit the center, you'll wonder why you're carrying a driver.

VS Tour 3 Hybrid
This club should be illegal. It doesn't seem to matter what quality of swing you make with it. Every shot feels and acts solid.

RC Blade Irons
Beautiful looking clubs. When I first got them I wasn't sure whether to mount them on the wall or go play golf with them. Like any blade, they are not the most forgiving, however the forged steel is incredibly soft. Mishits don't feel terrible, but definitely let you know what you did wrong. When you hit the sweet spot, I don't think there's a softer feel on the market.

Kwok
Joe is the real deal. He'll take the time to make sure he knows what problem he's trying to solve before recommending anything. The first session took a few hours on his launch monitor, so he could get a full picture of the results I was getting with my old clubs. Long story short, I was hitting it too high with WAY too much spin. Joe fitted all the shafts with this in mind, de-lofted the irons by 1 degree, and gave me another 3/4" in shaft length so I didn't have to tweak my back as much. Worked a treat on the course... I now get a much more piercing ball flight, and can control my shots much better on windy days.

Do yourself a favor, and schedule a fitting with Joe Kwok. Perhaps the RC's are not right for you, but Joe will get you setup with whatever is.

i just came back from a demo day and had a chance to hit the new RC VS forged irons. it is definitely a good looking iron, and it don't let the cavity fool you. at address, you can't really tell, the offset isn't too bad, and the grind on the sole is really nice. the blades look even better. i would think a combo set would be the perfect set of sticks! i am actually thinking of building a new set myself!

Anyone else hit the blades??

Want to test v's the miura 57's...

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

[quote name='kevinsbennett' timestamp='1319326002' post='3705903']
I've been gaming a VS Tour Driver, 3-wood, hybrid, and the RC blades for the last several weeks... fit by Kwok himself. I thought I'd chime in here with my thoughts on the clubs.

VS Tour Driver
This thing shoots knuckle ball bullets. The first time you here the sound, you'll realize there's something different about this club. It has been alot easier to hit this driver straight than my old R7. My only warning would be for those who have a tendency to miss with a slice... this club definitely has a fade bias. My miss went from too much hook with the R7 to too much fade.

VS Tour 3 Wood
This club is awesome. It's very similar to the hybrid. If you miss on the heel, it will fade right back into play. If you miss on the toe, it will draw back to the fairway. If you hit the center, you'll wonder why you're carrying a driver.

VS Tour 3 Hybrid
This club should be illegal. It doesn't seem to matter what quality of swing you make with it. Every shot feels and acts solid.

RC Blade Irons
Beautiful looking clubs. When I first got them I wasn't sure whether to mount them on the wall or go play golf with them. Like any blade, they are not the most forgiving, however the forged steel is incredibly soft. Mishits don't feel terrible, but definitely let you know what you did wrong. When you hit the sweet spot, I don't think there's a softer feel on the market.

Kwok
Joe is the real deal. He'll take the time to make sure he knows what problem he's trying to solve before recommending anything. The first session took a few hours on his launch monitor, so he could get a full picture of the results I was getting with my old clubs. Long story short, I was hitting it too high with WAY too much spin. Joe fitted all the shafts with this in mind, de-lofted the irons by 1 degree, and gave me another 3/4" in shaft length so I didn't have to tweak my back as much. Worked a treat on the course... I now get a much more piercing ball flight, and can control my shots much better on windy days.

Do yourself a favor, and schedule a fitting with Joe Kwok. Perhaps the RC's are not right for you, but Joe will get you setup with whatever is.
[/quote]

K,
I'm glad to be able to finally go out and play with ya the other day.

Everything in your bag definitely spot on, you just need to grove it, which I can see you are pretty close.

Thanks again!

joe

• 2 weeks later...

I got a set of RC Tour VS irons and 50 and 56 degree RC Dual bite wedges about three weeks ago -- clubs set up by none other than Joe Kwok. I've now played three rounds with them and thought I'd share some thoughts. About me quickly -- I'm a 9.4 index currently -- been as low as a 4 in the mid-90s before four kids and a New England climate curtailed my golf for a time. I've played TM 320 irons for the past 10-11 years, and Cleveland CG10 wedges for the past couple of seasons. I play a high draw, take shallow divots, and 6 iron ss is in the mid-80s. I got fit for the clubs during a quick visit to the Bay Area in mid-September.

VS Tour Irons, 4-PW, with Shimada Tour Lite S shafts
Really started getting dialed into the irons during my last round a week ago in temps that started at 46 degrees and ended at 39 degrees. First off, the clubs are absolutely gorgeous, with satin finish, relatively small head, and small offset. Ballflight is very solid -- just slightly lower than my TM320s but the ball seems to bore through the wind better. Distance is no shorter than my old clubs, but so much better feel. Thin shots carry surprisingly well, but provide lots of feedback. The pocket cavity provides a lot of forgiveness. Hit some very solid shots, highlighted by a 5 iron from a fairway bunker with a lip to 12 feet on a par 4 -- beautiful straight ball flight that got in the air quickly and stayed in the air. Hard for me to separate the feel of the shafts from the heads given that I haven't hit the clubs with other shafts, but the weight of Shimada shafts is consistent with the Rifles on my TM 320s, ballflight is where I want it to be, and my draws are more controlled than with my previous set.

Dual Bite 50 and 56 degree wedges, with Dynamic Gold Wedge shafts
Again, beautiful clubs to look at, with versatile sole grinds. These clubs are exceptional, with awesome feel and touch -- huge upgrade over the Clevelands. I have gotten up and down with 3 of my last 4 greenside bunker shots, including a hole-out from about 20 yards in a front-left trap.

Joe Kwok Fitting and Club-Making
Great experience getting fitted by Joe. As others have noted, he looks at technique as much as the equipment in getting the most out of a golfer's potential -- I wish I lived closer to get regular lessons from him! In any event, despite my average height, he determined that I needed a more upright lie based on impact contact, and put an extra couple of wraps under my grips to reduce my relatively handsy action. He also gave me several warm up drills to use prior to playing, and I've been incorporating his suggestions into a swing that is still being revamped. Clubs were delivered across the country as promised, and Joe has regularly followed up with me to see how everything is working.

In short, I'm thrilled with the clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='PaulM26' timestamp='1320630250' post='3768203']
I got a set of RC Tour VS irons and 50 and 56 degree RC Dual bite wedges about three weeks ago -- clubs set up by none other than Joe Kwok. I've now played three rounds with them and thought I'd share some thoughts. About me quickly -- I'm a 9.4 index currently -- been as low as a 4 in the mid-90s before four kids and a New England climate curtailed my golf for a time. I've played TM 320 irons for the past 10-11 years, and Cleveland CG10 wedges for the past couple of seasons. I play a high draw, take shallow divots, and 6 iron ss is in the mid-80s. I got fit for the clubs during a quick visit to the Bay Area in mid-September.

VS Tour Irons, 4-PW, with Shimada Tour Lite S shafts
Really started getting dialed into the irons during my last round a week ago in temps that started at 46 degrees and ended at 39 degrees. First off, the clubs are absolutely gorgeous, with satin finish, relatively small head, and small offset. Ballflight is very solid -- just slightly lower than my TM320s but the ball seems to bore through the wind better. Distance is no shorter than my old clubs, but so much better feel. Thin shots carry surprisingly well, but provide lots of feedback. The pocket cavity provides a lot of forgiveness. Hit some very solid shots, highlighted by a 5 iron from a fairway bunker with a lip to 12 feet on a par 4 -- beautiful straight ball flight that got in the air quickly and stayed in the air. Hard for me to separate the feel of the shafts from the heads given that I haven't hit the clubs with other shafts, but the weight of Shimada shafts is consistent with the Rifles on my TM 320s, ballflight is where I want it to be, and my draws are more controlled than with my previous set.

Dual Bite 50 and 56 degree wedges, with Dynamic Gold Wedge shafts
Again, beautiful clubs to look at, with versatile sole grinds. These clubs are exceptional, with awesome feel and touch -- huge upgrade over the Clevelands. I have gotten up and down with 3 of my last 4 greenside bunker shots, including a hole-out from about 20 yards in a front-left trap.

Joe Kwok Fitting and Club-Making
Great experience getting fitted by Joe. As others have noted, he looks at technique as much as the equipment in getting the most out of a golfer's potential -- I wish I lived closer to get regular lessons from him! In any event, despite my average height, he determined that I needed a more upright lie based on impact contact, and put an extra couple of wraps under my grips to reduce my relatively handsy action. He also gave me several warm up drills to use prior to playing, and I've been incorporating his suggestions into a swing that is still being revamped. Clubs were delivered across the country as promised, and Joe has regularly followed up with me to see how everything is working.

In short, I'm thrilled with the clubs.
[/quote]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='tincup975' timestamp='1325811368' post='4034771']
Just ordered a set of VS tour irons through Joe. Can't wait to try them out@!@@@@ Also have a white staff bag on the way!!!!!! Joe is the best most honest man to deal with in the industry. I would trust anything he says or recommends!
[/quote]

I think you'll love them, tincup. Great sticks!

• 4 weeks later...