Ready Or Not, Tiger Woods Is Back

easyyy

[quote name='gators78' timestamp='1312484172' post='3451873']

Yup, its official, the Tigerfans freak me out.
[/quote]

So to see that he was able to seemingly maintain the strength he had despite being injured is freaky to you?

Go ahead thinking that was weird, won't bother me, I think you're grasping at the straws a little.

Was it weird for people to notice AK getting fat?

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Driver
TaylorMade 2007 Burner 18* Fairway Wood
Titleist 816H1 23* Hybrid
Callaway Apex 19 Smoke Irons 5-PW
Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges 50* 54* 58*
Callaway PM Grind 19 64* Wedge
Titleist Scotty Cameron California Series Fastback

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see Rick Reilly's piece on ESPN.com on how he thinks Tiger is back

Makes me sick...

Coming from the same guy who wrote Tiger was just another golfer now last week.

Pretty much locked up my hatred for Reilly.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

I have usually defended ESPN on most things but I really can't bring myself to on their hiring of Reilly. Don't think I've ever read an article of his I liked, and I try to read most of them.

[quote name='coozapalooza' timestamp='1312511505' post='3453139']

So to see that he was able to seemingly maintain the strength he had despite being injured is freaky to you?

Go ahead thinking that was weird, won't bother me, I think you're grasping at the straws a little.

Was it weird for people to notice AK getting fat?
[/quote]

So, what you're really saying is you're worried more about Todd Graham and Pitt's new offense and how it'll destroy the Big East? chuckle chuckle, nudge nudge.

Whew those shoes aren't getting it done.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that he has a swing that he trusts to get him the distance he wants without snapping his knee. Very solid round overall, especially after the time off. Once he gets those iron distances down he'll be ready to go.

And somebody please get him some pants that breathe. He's going to sweat his a$$ to death.

[quote name='TheReborn' timestamp='1312513172' post='3453222']
Whew those shoes aren't getting it done.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that he has a swing that he trusts to get him the distance he wants without snapping his knee. Very solid round overall, especially after the time off. Once he gets those iron distances down he'll be ready to go.

And somebody please get him some pants that breathe. He's going to sweat his a$$ to death.
[/quote]
Yeah, he needs to work on the pants thing. You'd think Nike can make some Dri-Fit pants or something!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

So, what you're really saying is you're worried more about Todd Graham and Pitt's new offense and how it'll destroy the Big East? chuckle chuckle, nudge nudge.

:clapping:

022211_holgorsen200.jpg

Meet your new master, Panther fan.

;)

[quote name='JR21ANDERSON' timestamp='1312382144' post='3447561']
my thoughts on tiger winning again, " He'll never win at golf again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game."
[/quote]

lol

[quote name='pt_golfer' timestamp='1312525957' post='3453608']
[quote name='Pinsplitter59' timestamp='1312511208' post='3453121']
just looked at golf digest and golf.com
seems that 2 aussies shooting 62 and 63 were in another tournament in Uzbekistan and not newsworthy
[b]hell i reckon i could shoot 2 under par on that course.[/b]
[/quote]

Wrx at it's best....
[/quote]

I think Stevie williams looks like a man de-stressed, he even looks younger :)

TM M3 440 9" Degree / 661 111 in X spec Speeder Shaft
TM M3 15 Fairway / 757 Speeder Shaft S Spec
Ping G25 17deg Hybrid Accra Shaft X Spec
Mizuno MP18 Blades Modus 3 Tours 3-PW - S Flex
Titleist SM 6 50, 54 & 58
Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour only

The two big winners from Day 1 were Jason Day and Stevie.
Day is way over due for a win, and why not this week. He's kind of like this generations Gary Player.

Great if not thrilling to see Stevie out there with Scott playing a brilliant round. I don't think any of us thought Steve would recover this quickly from the knife Woods shoved in his back. This coupled with the PGA apparently threatening him with sanctions for something that's been ok for over 10 years simply because he dared to speak out against Woods. Don't be surprised to see the crowd really get behind these two on the weekend and Scott making a big push if not winning.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1312528645' post='3453631']
Day is way over due for a win, and why not this week. He's kind of like this generations Gary Player.

Great if not thrilling to see Stevie out there with Scott playing a brilliant round. I don't think any of us thought Steve would recover this quickly from the knife Woods shoved in his back. This coupled with the PGA apparently threatening him with sanctions for something that's been ok for over 10 years simply because he dared to speak out against Woods. Don't be surprised to see the crowd really get behind these two on the weekend and Scott making a big push if not winning.
[/quote]

No one feels bad for Steve. Tiger has made the guy more than his fair share, and it's not exactly uncommon for players to split with their caddy after a given amount of time. Not to mention, Tiger isn't the one shooting off at the mouth at this point.

I'll go on the record and say that I was disappointed to see the split, and I really question Tiger's decision in this regard. However, it's his decision to make, and he doesn't owe Steve anything when it comes to continuing to employ him. I don't feel bad for Steve. Not only has Tiger made him a boatload of money, but he's also elevated him to a status that will allot him the luxury of not having to worry about finding another job; he'll be in high demand for awhile.

[/quote]

Thrilling....really?
Bottom line is that Tiger made SW a rich man and for that, he should be eternally grateful. SW effed up when he asked to caddie for AS and he paid the price..cry me a river.

What I find interesting is that people expect Tiger to behave like the number 175 player in the world. In all sports, the top dog tends to be just like Tiger (Jordan, Bonds, Clemens, even Jack). It is normal for the rest of the players to envy the one at the top. Many have the talent, but not the mind to stay at the top. Most times, you can't have one without the other.

[quote name='Vendetta7' timestamp='1312534158' post='3453674']

No one feels bad for Steve. Tiger has made the guy more than his fair share, and it's not exactly uncommon for players to split with their caddy after a given amount of time. Not to mention, Tiger isn't the one shooting off at the mouth at this point.

I'll go on the record and say that I was disappointed to see the split, and I really question Tiger's decision in this regard. However, it's his decision to make, and he doesn't owe Steve anything when it comes to continuing to employ him. I don't feel bad for Steve. Not only has Tiger made him a boatload of money, but he's also elevated him to a status that will allot him the luxury of not having to worry about finding another job; he'll be in high demand for awhile.
[/quote]
+1

Tiger has has exactly TWO caddies since 1997. That's dedication. Caddies get fired ALL the time. It's a lucrative job and available caddies will be clamoring for that bag because it's about as long term as you can get on Tour as long as you're doing your job.

Stevie's celebrity is almost soley because of Tiger and his knee/ACL. He was unemployed for about a half a second. He's very talented and I was not a fan of the firing either. But at the end of the day, the player makes the call, and lives with the decision and HAS to take the high road because they write the check. If Stevie keeps shooting off his mouth, he'll be seen as bitter and petty.

And let's be honest, it's his right to make the call, especially when Tiger will take the heat for the decision given his current circumstances.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

Can we just move past the SW and Tiger thing already. It's over. Tiger made him a multi millionaire and for that Steve ran his mouth to the press. Good luck to Adam Scott dealing with a guy like that.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1312545222' post='3453779']
Can we just move past the SW and Tiger thing already. It's over. Tiger made him a multi millionaire and for that Steve ran his mouth to the press. Good luck to Adam Scott dealing with a guy like that.
[/quote]
And to Adam Scott's credit, he's "staying out of it."

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1312508737' post='3453002']
[quote name='Vendetta7' timestamp='1312500064' post='3452635']

I noticed this as well. He had a good number of misses off the tee that were 1-5 yds off the fairway. I know that close doesn't count, but considering how erratic his drives can be, I was actually surprised.
[/quote]
It's almost like Trevino was right. Play a fade, you'll be more consistent. He needs to tweak it a bit more though.
[/quote]

Trevino is always right! :wave:

[quote name='geoffaw' timestamp='1312546158' post='3453799']

[/quote]
I love Lee Trevino. My favorite golfer of all time! If Tiger starts winning while playing a fade, he'll be like freaking Nostradamus!

How will Tiger will play in this second round today? Will he continue striking the ball "flush," and just "letting it rip?"

Read Golf World's Dave Shedloski's game story on Tiger's first round, and let us know what you think.

[url="http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2011/08/woods-i-went-out-there-and-just-let-it-go.html"]Woods: "I went out there and just let it go"[/url]

----

Follow me on Twitter: @s_hennessey

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1312546717' post='3453817']
[quote name='geoffaw' timestamp='1312546158' post='3453799']

[/quote]
I love Lee Trevino. My favorite golfer of all time! If Tiger starts winning while playing a fade, he'll be like freaking Nostradamus!
[/quote]

nice post Steve.
IMO, it all depends on the putter. He proved yesterday that you don't have to relevant with the driver to shoot under par, but that has always been the case with him. What I was impressed with is his ability to hole some nice long putts when it mattered. At the Masters we saw him fumble his way around to leading the field in three putting and causing many to believe he had the yips.
If I was a fan of Woods, I would be very happy to see him putting the way he did yesterday, I would be happy to see the Cameron back and the junk gone, and I would be thinking it would be reasonable to expect him to shoot a nice score today, maybe finding himself at 5-6 under.

Maybe someone from Nike can even get him some dry fit slacks so he doesn't look like a mess while doing it.

[/quote]

First of all tiger didn't stab Steve in the back. Steve left to caddie for Adam Scott.. He knew what was going to happen..

Second, since when did watching a guy carry a bag around for 18 holes become "thrilling?" From the way I see it, you'd rather watch a guy carry a bag then watch one of the greatest golfers ever. That defies common logic..

Third, this is like the third time I have quoted you in this thread and I'm going to continue doing so until you can make some sense in your posts..

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[quote/]
I agree and I have said it before, he shows up in every TW thread and consumes them with his hypocritical posts. It would fair to say that he is obsessed more than the deepest fan. I don't know him but I can see right through his game, he is backtracking because he is afraid TW is going to be #1 soon.

I couldn't imagine living a gloomy life driving a Volt waiting until Friday so I could drive my run down mullet car and my best memories were from 25 years ago in my 80's rock band.
[/quote]

You guys take Darkie too seriously...

I think he relishes playing the role of agitator/instigator/inciter/devil's advocate. He probably has a smirk on his face when he types his TW thread posts.

I take whatever he writes with a grain of salt.

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1312511969' post='3453170']
Anyone see Rick Reilly's piece on ESPN.com on how he thinks Tiger is back

Makes me sick...

Coming from the same guy who wrote Tiger was just another golfer now last week.

Pretty much locked up my hatred for Reilly.
[/quote]

No kidding. I wish Reily would pick a stance and stick to it. Personally, i'd love to see Tiger punch Reilly, Feinstein and Macelli in the face. I'm sure there is another golf write i'm failing to mention, but i get so tired of these guys (specifically Feinstein) tearing him down whenever they get a chance.

I will be the first person to kick Tiger when he is down, yes I am a hater. BUT

IMO he looked really good yesterday. He looked VERY comfortable with his swing. The past few years, you could tell he was always forcing something to change or fit. He didn't look like that at all yesterday. The short game is solid, and he putted pretty well. Not much fell, but he was all over the hole with good rolls. I was pretty impressed. And he still has some massive yardage, on 16 (I think), he hit a 3 iron 235 with a choke-down cut. But he wasn't exerting himself.

If he keeps this up and gets dialed in, I smell another 2000 (maybe not quite as good, but a very sick year in the near future).

Even though I hate him, it is good to see him back.

Last thought. He looked pretty stupid with a sweaty a**, a chode-beard and the white shoes. But hey, he can do what he wants.