2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Anyone see anything bizarrely supernatural on the course?

The faceless entity in the op's post sounds like Slenderman. You can google that for lots of scary stories :)

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JessN16' timestamp='1313565902' post='3494814']
The only thing I can think of is the clubhouse at the country club I grew up playing. In the men's locker room are the showers, and there's a towel room connected to the showers with heat lamps in the ceiling. It's for people to dry off after getting out of the showers, warm up on a cold day, whatever they need.

I've never set foot in there personally, but I have had very intense nightmares about being caught in that place or a place just like it, surrounded by people who were there against their will, and -- this is the weird part -- there are a whole lot of fish eyes involved. As in, piles of them in the corner, people drooling them out of their mouths. Real acid-trip stuff and I don't use drugs.

I just remember seeing the room for the first time when I was 3 or 4, and it freaking me out then in a bad way, even though there's no logical reason that it should have. Nothing bad ever happened to me there, and I certainly never saw a fish there.

There are several parts of that old clubhouse that feel sort of sinister. And then there are others that feel very benign and welcoming. Kind of creeps me out just thinking about it.

Jess
[/quote]

I used to have dreams as a kid of dismembered hands with the tendons hanging out crawling up my bed then attack me in my chest. It was crazy. lol.

OT!

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist 716 MB PW-6i / T100 4i-5i Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1313481698' post='3491048']
Just read a post from a few years ago about someone having the feeling of being watched while on the tee playing alone, and turning around to see an unmoving, faceless entity looking at him from the woods. Genuinely creeped me out.

So, anyone else have similar stories? Ever been in a situation on the course that simply scared you out of your wits?
[/quote]

Not sure you noticed but the guy who was the OP mentioned in the post that he was 'high'. You can see a lot of things when you are high :)

[quote name='hacker_khan' timestamp='1313673899' post='3498635']
[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1313481698' post='3491048']
Just read a post from a few years ago about someone having the feeling of being watched while on the tee playing alone, and turning around to see an unmoving, faceless entity looking at him from the woods. Genuinely creeped me out.

So, anyone else have similar stories? Ever been in a situation on the course that simply scared you out of your wits?
[/quote]

Not sure you noticed but the guy who was the OP mentioned in the post that he was 'high'. You can see a lot of things when you are high :)
[/quote]
I did notice that. Still made for a good story, though. :)

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

I believe in ghost's/big foot/aliens. Too many stories from people with reputation that I have a hard time not believing.

I have none from the golf course, but somewhat believe my bedroom is haunted..

if i ever see a ghost of the course, only question " how's your game?" or I am going to run like a little girl(more likely) lol

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1313501442' post='3491441']
I swear the course I worked at was haunted. It is in Bristow VA and the land was originally battlefield for the civil war. Infact the whole area of Brentsville and Bristow were all civil war areas and had some serious battles. Numerous civil war artifacts have been found around the course when they were designing it and creating it, as well as the surrounding counties. Anywho, they have a manor house on the property thats been up since the 1800s and is creepy as all get out. I would have to fill the coolers in there before I go out to the course in the morning, and just about everyday the superintedant yelled at me because I would fill the coolers when I was done cleaning the tee boxes after the front 9 instead of before. I never had the nerve to tell him I refused to go in there until the sun was up since it was so dark and you have to walk through the great room then the kitchen in the dark before you get to a light switch, so I would make up excuses everyday about it. This was two years ago so I was 19,20 at the time and I would only go in there in the morning if somebody was already inside and had the lights on. Other than that no can do. One of the greenskeepers sleeps at the course and used to sleep in the bedrooms in the manor house until he had a ghostly experience with a period dressed woman and man. He sleeps in the trailer now. He wasnt scared by it, but just tells us "they are just trying to go home man". That show Ghost Hunters (TAPS) offered to come out and investigate the manor house while they were down the street at the old Brentsville Courthouse, but the GM declined thinking that it would take away from buisness as weddings and receptions are held there. Would have been pretty neat to see what they found. Eery stuff out there I tell you.
[/quote]

bristow manor?

[quote name='honketyhank' timestamp='1313537181' post='3493539']
Only about a month ago. At the Reserve, near Hillsboro, Oregon. Tenth hole, north course. Here is the layout.
[attachment=841494:101112N.jpg]
My buddy and I are near the flag, about to putt out. Thunk. A ball lands on the green. But the ball is traveling almost directly in the direction of the 10th tee. We looked at each other and said where in the heck did THAT come from? There was nobody on #11. There was nobody behind us. There was no "Fore!". There was a group teeing off on #12 and they were on the middle tees. It is conceivable that one of them hit the mother of all slices that went farther right than forward and ended up turning more than 90 degrees to be able to come in on the direction it did. But those guys never even looked in our direction as they walked down #12.

We decided the ball came through a wormhole from a parallel universe in which all the holes of the Reserve were laid out in mirror image and some guy just managed to catch the wormhole with his 9 iron. I betcha he was ticked when he couldn't find his ball after it went straight at the green.

I got another story about a supernatural 197 yd Ace by the same buddy yesterday. But that wasn't really supernatural, it was just a darn good shot. His 6th, officially, by the way. And I saw another that didn't count because it went to a temporary green.
[/quote]

mother of all slices from the group on 12. they didn't want to drive 2 holes over and look for a ball and have to suffer the embarrassment!

[quote name='ben w' timestamp='1313694733' post='3499688']
Only about a month ago. At the Reserve, near Hillsboro, Oregon. Tenth hole, north course. Here is the layout.
My buddy and I are near the flag, about to putt out. Thunk. A ball lands on the green. But the ball is traveling almost directly in the direction of the 10th tee. We looked at each other and said where in the heck did THAT come from? There was nobody on #11. There was nobody behind us. There was no "Fore!". There was a group teeing off on #12 and they were on the middle tees. It is conceivable that one of them hit the mother of all slices that went farther right than forward and ended up turning more than 90 degrees to be able to come in on the direction it did. But those guys never even looked in our direction as they walked down #12.

We decided the ball came through a wormhole from a parallel universe in which all the holes of the Reserve were laid out in mirror image and some guy just managed to catch the wormhole with his 9 iron. I betcha he was ticked when he couldn't find his ball after it went straight at the green.

I got another story about a supernatural 197 yd Ace by the same buddy yesterday. But that wasn't really supernatural, it was just a darn good shot. His 6th, officially, by the way. And I saw another that didn't count because it went to a temporary green.
[/quote]

mother of all slices from the group on 12. they didn't want to drive 2 holes over and look for a ball and have to suffer the embarrassment!
[/quote]

yeah, in my totally rational frameset I agree. In my sci-fi frameset, I subscribe to the wormhole theory. In my 65-yr old imagination frameset, it was bizarre and supernatural.

ps: I recognized one of the guys in the group teeing off #12. He was capable of hitting a slice that curved more than 90*. And he was capable of saying " that was way OB, I'll just take a mulligan. No problem, no foul." And if he had known that it was on the 10th green, he would probably have putted out to claim a three or four.

[quote name='LUMA' timestamp='1313591723' post='3495400']

I used to have dreams as a kid of dismembered hands with the tendons hanging out crawling up my bed then attack me in my chest. It was crazy. lol.

OT!

[/quote]

What scares me more is that I have two recurring nightmares, and the other one I very much was involved in in real life. I was in a car that was hit by a tornado on I-65 south of Birmingham, Ala., back around 1998. Since that time, I have "the tornado dream" with regularity. It actually popped up last night. I'll be somewhere and all of a sudden, notice multiple rope tornadoes dropping from the clouds. I have actually learned how to wake myself up from that dream, or even control the outcome in the dream.

Now I just have to figure out why I'm dreaming of fish eyes in a golf clubhouse. lol

Jess

[/quote]

Was it a Bridgestone with a blue smiley face on it? That was my bad, actually. About two years ago I got my hands on my first 9015D/Saga combo and that first ball came off so hot that it opened up the WH that apparently just reappeared on your course. Slip-streamed across country too, apparently. lol

Seriously though, you guys are so superstitious!! My home course that I have played on for 20 years is set in the middle of the north Maine woods. No bigfoot, no ghosts or aliens...just black bears and lots of pissed off moose. You want scary? Try surprising a full-grown bull moose in the middle of rutting season. That big bastxxx charged me and the only reason I escaped alive is because I dodged through trees. You don't mess with a nine foot tall donkey with 6+ foot antler span. Ghosts my a**...

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

A guy dropped dead (massive coronary) on right side of #14 fway, right next to a pine tree. I get goosebumps everytime my ball ends up there. I just hurry up and hit and move on. Probably nothing to be scared about though, the guy died doing what he loved...apparently he was having the round of his life when it happened.

I have a ghost that shows up once or twice everytime I golf and inexplicably pulls my ball out of mid-air and right into the woods, water, or tall fescue grass. I have frequently tried to exorcize this demon by purchasing a new driver, or perhaps a more "sacred" ball, and sometimes he will leave me alone for a round or two, but he always comes back. This same spirit has the uncanny ability to distort greens and make break appear to exist when there is none.

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1313721121' post='3500940']

[/quote]

Was it a Bridgestone with a blue smiley face on it? That was my bad, actually. About two years ago I got my hands on my first 9015D/Saga combo and that first ball came off so hot that it opened up the WH that apparently just reappeared on your course. Slip-streamed across country too, apparently. lol

Seriously though, you guys are so superstitious!! My home course that I have played on for 20 years is set in the middle of the north Maine woods. No bigfoot, no ghosts or aliens...just black bears and lots of pissed off moose. You want scary? Try surprising a full-grown bull moose in the middle of rutting season. That big bastxxx charged me and the only reason I escaped alive is because I dodged through trees. You don't mess with a nine foot tall donkey with 6+ foot antler span. Ghosts my a**...
[/quote]

Whoah. Wow. Didn't get close enough to it to identify its markings. But it was kinda like the modified DeLorean in Back to the Future -- steamy cold. We just looked at it, looked around and said "good, good? yeah, well, let's get out of here". Then did the Twilight Zone theme -- doo doo doo du, doo doo doo du ... But if you, man, what a drive, all the way to Oregon.

[quote name='honketyhank' timestamp='1313726281' post='3501206']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1313721121' post='3500940']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoah. Wow. Didn't get close enough to it to identify its markings. But it was kinda like the modified DeLorean in Back to the Future -- steamy cold. We just looked at it, looked around and said "good, good? yeah, well, let's get out of here". Then did the Twilight Zone theme -- doo doo doo du, doo doo doo du ... But if you, man, what a drive, all the way to Oregon.
[/quote]

Ha, ha. I am so full of crap.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='ben w' timestamp='1314138602' post='3513888']
I actually witnessed a 30-capper in jorts and a Dale Earnhardt cutoff tee yell "BITE" to one of his bladed pitch shots and I'll be damned if the thing didn't sit down on a dime.
[/quote]

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

That's one of the funniest damned things I've read on this site. Nicely done, ben w.

Ok two years ago on thanksgiving day i was out at our country club on thanksgiving it is close when i arrived my dad dropped me off to just go play a few holes and hit a few practice shots, i ended up going down to the back nine which on our course 13, 14, 15, and 16 are across a street and down a steep grade totally secluded from anything down by a river gaurded by a lilte mini forest type of thing, i forgot to mention when i arrived there were no cars in the parking lot, ok so i was down on 14 which is OB left cause of the forest and bruch down by the river (the river is like 60 yards from the fairway and the forest is inbetween and in this area mountain lions are always spotted and here i am down there carrying my bag by my self with no one around within 3/4ths of a mile i so i hit my drive down the middle but decided to take a walk down on the edge of the forest when i am over there i didents see anything but right as soon as i looked up there was a homeless guy walking the course about 500 yards infront of me on the next hole i was so freaked out i called my parents and ran carrying my bag all the way to the street up the grade untill i felt safe one of my weirdest moments.

i know coyotes don't really attack people but while i was playing twilight with one freind we saw some coyotes. of course being twilight it started getting dark but we really played until we couldn't see anymore and we were stuck on like the 13th hole which is on the opposite side of the parking lot/ clubhouse area and i was kind of scared while i was walking back so i took out my putter to attack any attacking coyotes.

[quote name='dso1986' timestamp='1314328228' post='3520044']
i know coyotes don't really attack people but while i was playing twilight with one freind we saw some coyotes. of course being twilight it started getting dark but we really played until we couldn't see anymore and we were stuck on like the 13th hole which is on the opposite side of the parking lot/ clubhouse area and i was kind of scared while i was walking back so i took out my putter to attack any attacking coyotes.
[/quote]

I wouldnt be too concerned about coyotes. They are usually very skittish. I would how ever be worried about coydogs ( coyote mates with a dog) they are not afraid of humans.

I've seen a lot of improbable occurences, and a lot of stupid human judgement on the golf course. Only once have I experienced something that might qualify as "supernatural." December 2009, Kirkwood National Golf Course (Holly Springs, MS), The course is in a rural area, and no fairways touch. Even when the course is full, you feel isolated out there. It was a decent day, 50's and overcast, and I figure it would be one on my last chances to play before Springtime. I tee off around 2pm, and there are only 3 cars in the parking lot (The guy running the pro shop, and 2 groups who were near the end of their round). The pro tells me that he is going to be closing out soon, so I'll be the only one there in short order. No problem; I carry a Glock. I'm playing well, about 3 over through 13. It's about 4pm, so the light is just starting to fade a little. #16 is a short par-4. I hit a good drive, and stiff my wedge to about 5 feet. I get up to hit that birdie putt, and I hear some crunching in the leaves/pine straw, maybe 50 yards off the green. Mind you, it is Fall, and there is plenty of dead foliage on the ground. Normally what would be thick forest is really thinned-out, and I've got plenty of visibility. There isn't any wind blowing. There is no noise of birds. Dead quiet. From the sound of the crunching, I'm guessing that it's a deer. I look, I don't see anything. This time of year, there is really nowhere to for anything to hide (where the noise was coming from). I think "That's odd", but I get back over my putt. Now I hear the crunching a little bit louder, coming towards me. I could tell you that I'm a tough-guy, fear nothing, blah blah blah; but that would just be an anonymous guy ranting on the internet. Let's just say that I'm equipped to handle myself. Now my adrenaline is pumping, and I'm ready to go hand-to-hand (more like putter-to-hand) with whatever is coming towards me. So I spin around, and the crunching stops. I've got an absolutely clear view of the area, and there is nothing there! (Right now, recalling this, I'm getting chills up my spine). I take a few seconds to assess what's going on, and I'm both curious and scared. I go to the cart, and get my weapon out of my bag. Dead silence. No wind. I have to know what is going on, so I walk down into the hollow where I heard the noise. I spend 2-3 minutes looking around, and there is nothing there, no chance of anything hiding. I feel better about things. I start to walk back to my cart, and when I'm almost out of the hollow, I hear the crunching kind of moving parallel to me. I decide that I've had enough, and I run full-tilt to my cart. My heart is pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I get in my cart, get on the gas, and bail. I must have looked over my shoulder 300 times as I blew past 17 & 18. I get back to the parking lot, and sure enough, I was the only one there. Bottom line: I don't know what it was, supernatural or what, but it got me all worked up.

[quote name='FightingOkra' timestamp='1314338747' post='3520309']
I've seen a lot of improbable occurences, and a lot of stupid human judgement on the golf course. Only once have I experienced something that might qualify as "supernatural." December 2009, Kirkwood National Golf Course (Holly Springs, MS), The course is in a rural area, and no fairways touch. Even when the course is full, you feel isolated out there. It was a decent day, 50's and overcast, and I figure it would be one on my last chances to play before Springtime. I tee off around 2pm, and there are only 3 cars in the parking lot (The guy running the pro shop, and 2 groups who were near the end of their round). The pro tells me that he is going to be closing out soon, so I'll be the only one there in short order. No problem; I carry a Glock. I'm playing well, about 3 over through 13. It's about 4pm, so the light is just starting to fade a little. #16 is a short par-4. I hit a good drive, and stiff my wedge to about 5 feet. I get up to hit that birdie putt, and I hear some crunching in the leaves/pine straw, maybe 50 yards off the green. Mind you, it is Fall, and there is plenty of dead foliage on the ground. Normally what would be thick forest is really thinned-out, and I've got plenty of visibility. There isn't any wind blowing. There is no noise of birds. Dead quiet. From the sound of the crunching, I'm guessing that it's a deer. I look, I don't see anything. This time of year, there is really nowhere to for anything to hide (where the noise was coming from). I think "That's odd", but I get back over my putt. Now I hear the crunching a little bit louder, coming towards me. I could tell you that I'm a tough-guy, fear nothing, blah blah blah; but that would just be an anonymous guy ranting on the internet. Let's just say that I'm equipped to handle myself. Now my adrenaline is pumping, and I'm ready to go hand-to-hand (more like putter-to-hand) with whatever is coming towards me. So I spin around, and the crunching stops. I've got an absolutely clear view of the area, and there is nothing there! (Right now, recalling this, I'm getting chills up my spine). I take a few seconds to assess what's going on, and I'm both curious and scared. I go to the cart, and get my weapon out of my bag. Dead silence. No wind. I have to know what is going on, so I walk down into the hollow where I heard the noise. I spend 2-3 minutes looking around, and there is nothing there, no chance of anything hiding. I feel better about things. I start to walk back to my cart, and when I'm almost out of the hollow, I hear the crunching kind of moving parallel to me. I decide that I've had enough, and I run full-tilt to my cart. My heart is pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I get in my cart, get on the gas, and bail. I must have looked over my shoulder 300 times as I blew past 17 & 18. I get back to the parking lot, and sure enough, I was the only one there. Bottom line: I don't know what it was, supernatural or what, but it got me all worked up.
[/quote]
Great story...creeped me out just reading it. Big Blair Witch vibe.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

You are running around with a bag of sticks and bullets - what "supernatural force" could possible ever stand a chance against this.

[quote]Scariest thing I've read here so far if that there are people running around grabbing guns because they hear leaves crunching... [/quote]

Yeah, or this - just grab your gun from your bag and blow it to pieces....