Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball SRT

Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball SRT Putter Overview

Features include:

* Lightweight Milled Aluminum Body allows for distribution of weight to the perimeter of the head. Precision milling gives it a clean, rich look.

* High-Density Alloy Saturn Ring Weighting System provides an optimum CG location to provide truer roll off the face and an enormous MOI to help resist twisting during the stroke and through impact.

* Proprietary Two-Ball and Tri-Ball Alignment System makes lining up putts even easier and more accurate.

* Modified White Hot Urethane Insert allows weight to be repositioned toward the back of the putter head, increasing the Moment of Inertia (MOI) for greater stability and forgiveness while providing soft feel and enhanced distance control.

* Milled Stainless Steel Insert provides a consistent, extremely flat surface for unbeatable accuracy while providing feedback with a positive sound.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the Odyssey 2-Ball SRT (33") one week ago and put it into play this past weekend. My previous putters to that were a Ray Cook Blue Goose 3 and a Ray Cook M1-A mallet putter which I had played for quite a few years previous. I have recently returned to playing 1-2 rounds per week now that I am completely recovered from knee and back injuries, and I wanted a new putter to match the rest of my new equipment.

I had tested the Odyssey out in 34" and 33" before settling on the 33" as it was more suited to my semi-crouching style of putting, plus I have long arms. I also tested this putter against the Yes! Marilyn and Olivia putters (both of which are great feeling semi-mallet and mallet putters.) However, the Odyssey felt just as good as the Yes! offerings to me. To boot, I was sinking nearly everything from 15 feet out at the golf shop putting green with the SRT (I know...its just artificial turf but it gets better!). I also liked the exceptional balance of the putter for my straight back and forward putting stroke and the immediate roll on the ball it delivered compared to the Yes! putters. So I was sold.

At the course I couldn't have been more happy with my purchase. My old putting problem was usually leaving it a bit short of the hole. With the SRT I noticed that I get a better roll off the face (compared to my old putters), with a nice medium/soft feel on contact with the ball. The 2-Ball alignment system is a plus even though I don't really need it, as alignment is not really a problem for me. I ended my round with 3 one putts (one from about 20 feet out with a left to right break of 2 yards) and no three putts. This putter is made for my straight back and forward putting stroke. Its truly a perfect putter for me. Now the putts I used to leave short go for the hole or just a little past making the round a lot less stressful on the greens. I will update this review as I put more rounds in with it, but I feel confident that things will only get better as I dial in with the Odyssey.

• 5 months later...

just bought this putter at a local store. Went to the oddysey site to seek putter fitting. Decided to try it out. The result showed the 2 ball srt putter as a recommendation for the site. Bought it it went with me for course the next day, the push and right iof the ball have been minimised. it gives true roll ball and the distant control is good. Guess the 2 ball putter cannot be wrong, after so many pros are still using it. will review in my latter games.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried it and the Golf course pro shop, its okay.. I still like the Odyssey White Steel 3-ball SRT better.. its HUGE, but once you get past that.. it does the work for you.

It just works!

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

• 4 months later...

I have the line SRT 2-ball in the left handed model. This is a face balanced putter and works best if your stroke is relatively square to square. The two balls and the line make it virtually impossible for a non-yip stroke on a straight putt not to go in, seriously!

Some players may not like the dead feeling at impact, but I have gotten over this because of its accuracy and ease of alignment is such a plus. It has improved my putting dramatically.

• 6 months later...

I dont have the 2 ball, but I have the White Steel #1 blade 33". The double insert is a little funny to me, but very likeable on the cleanest of strokes. As for the roll, the ball tends to skid a touch. I did hit the 2 ball at the local shop and I can say that to me the extra insert was not necessary. I played with the #1 blade this past fall and put it away.

• 7 months later...

I always swore that I would be a blade putter user and would never use a mallet, much less "lean on" a 2-ball putter. Clearly, I am an idiot. Most of my "lost" strokes occur on the green as 3 putts and unecessary 2 putts. I went to my local golf store with a friend because he wanted to demo new drivers. While he was demoing, I spent some time goofing off and trying different putters on the putting green. I ended up trying out the Odyssey 2-Ball SRT XG and the Taylor Made Rossa Itsy on a whim (and boredom). I haven't felt conviction like that in a long time. Both putters felt great, and for once, I was on a tear and nailing putt after put.

I ended up demoing the XG SRT and the White Steel SRT against each other. It really comes down to a personal preference. I can see how some might feel the WS is a bit "clicky" while the XG is very, very smooth. However, I had a hard time gauging distance based on feel with the XG... everything was just long. While using the White Steel SRT, everything felt "right." So now, I now have a 2-ball putter in my bag... and today, the results were there: no 3 putts and quite a few one putt greens. Never been more satisfied.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Picked up one of these back in early June, after a couple of rounds and time on the practice green, I was going crazy, couldn't get anything in with it, put it away for 2 months, then while playing this past weekend, noticed I left my Seemore putter in the Fiances car, so the only option was this one, sitting in my trunk.

Well, I must say it had to be an omen, because I was sinking a lot more putts, and it felt great! I don't know what happened, but that day I couldn't wait to get to the green to use it!

Chris