2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Anyone see anything bizarrely supernatural on the course?

[quote name='FightingOkra' timestamp='1314338747' post='3520309']
I've seen a lot of improbable occurences, and a lot of stupid human judgement on the golf course. Only once have I experienced something that might qualify as "supernatural." December 2009, Kirkwood National Golf Course (Holly Springs, MS), The course is in a rural area, and no fairways touch. Even when the course is full, you feel isolated out there. It was a decent day, 50's and overcast, and I figure it would be one on my last chances to play before Springtime. I tee off around 2pm, and there are only 3 cars in the parking lot (The guy running the pro shop, and 2 groups who were near the end of their round). The pro tells me that he is going to be closing out soon, so I'll be the only one there in short order. No problem; I carry a Glock. I'm playing well, about 3 over through 13. It's about 4pm, so the light is just starting to fade a little. #16 is a short par-4. I hit a good drive, and stiff my wedge to about 5 feet. I get up to hit that birdie putt, and I hear some crunching in the leaves/pine straw, maybe 50 yards off the green. Mind you, it is Fall, and there is plenty of dead foliage on the ground. Normally what would be thick forest is really thinned-out, and I've got plenty of visibility. There isn't any wind blowing. There is no noise of birds. Dead quiet. From the sound of the crunching, I'm guessing that it's a deer. I look, I don't see anything. This time of year, there is really nowhere to for anything to hide (where the noise was coming from). I think "That's odd", but I get back over my putt. Now I hear the crunching a little bit louder, coming towards me. I could tell you that I'm a tough-guy, fear nothing, blah blah blah; but that would just be an anonymous guy ranting on the internet. Let's just say that I'm equipped to handle myself. Now my adrenaline is pumping, and I'm ready to go hand-to-hand (more like putter-to-hand) with whatever is coming towards me. So I spin around, and the crunching stops. I've got an absolutely clear view of the area, and there is nothing there! (Right now, recalling this, I'm getting chills up my spine). I take a few seconds to assess what's going on, and I'm both curious and scared. I go to the cart, and get my weapon out of my bag. Dead silence. No wind. I have to know what is going on, so I walk down into the hollow where I heard the noise. I spend 2-3 minutes looking around, and there is nothing there, no chance of anything hiding. I feel better about things. I start to walk back to my cart, and when I'm almost out of the hollow, I hear the crunching kind of moving parallel to me. I decide that I've had enough, and I run full-tilt to my cart. My heart is pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I get in my cart, get on the gas, and bail. I must have looked over my shoulder 300 times as I blew past 17 & 18. I get back to the parking lot, and sure enough, I was the only one there. Bottom line: I don't know what it was, supernatural or what, but it got me all worked up.
[/quote]

my vote is an armadillo, those things make a huge racket and rarely are seen because they're in the dense brush. I had a similar experience to you and that's exactly what it turned out to be.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a lot of improbable occurences, and a lot of stupid human judgement on the golf course. Only once have I experienced something that might qualify as "supernatural." December 2009, Kirkwood National Golf Course (Holly Springs, MS), The course is in a rural area, and no fairways touch. Even when the course is full, you feel isolated out there. It was a decent day, 50's and overcast, and I figure it would be one on my last chances to play before Springtime. I tee off around 2pm, and there are only 3 cars in the parking lot (The guy running the pro shop, and 2 groups who were near the end of their round). The pro tells me that he is going to be closing out soon, so I'll be the only one there in short order. No problem; I carry a Glock. I'm playing well, about 3 over through 13. It's about 4pm, so the light is just starting to fade a little. #16 is a short par-4. I hit a good drive, and stiff my wedge to about 5 feet. I get up to hit that birdie putt, and I hear some crunching in the leaves/pine straw, maybe 50 yards off the green. Mind you, it is Fall, and there is plenty of dead foliage on the ground. Normally what would be thick forest is really thinned-out, and I've got plenty of visibility. There isn't any wind blowing. There is no noise of birds. Dead quiet. From the sound of the crunching, I'm guessing that it's a deer. I look, I don't see anything. This time of year, there is really nowhere to for anything to hide (where the noise was coming from). I think "That's odd", but I get back over my putt. Now I hear the crunching a little bit louder, coming towards me. I could tell you that I'm a tough-guy, fear nothing, blah blah blah; but that would just be an anonymous guy ranting on the internet. Let's just say that I'm equipped to handle myself. Now my adrenaline is pumping, and I'm ready to go hand-to-hand (more like putter-to-hand) with whatever is coming towards me. So I spin around, and the crunching stops. I've got an absolutely clear view of the area, and there is nothing there! (Right now, recalling this, I'm getting chills up my spine). I take a few seconds to assess what's going on, and I'm both curious and scared. I go to the cart, and get my weapon out of my bag. Dead silence. No wind. I have to know what is going on, so I walk down into the hollow where I heard the noise. I spend 2-3 minutes looking around, and there is nothing there, no chance of anything hiding. I feel better about things. I start to walk back to my cart, and when I'm almost out of the hollow, I hear the crunching kind of moving parallel to me. I decide that I've had enough, and I run full-tilt to my cart. My heart is pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I get in my cart, get on the gas, and bail. I must have looked over my shoulder 300 times as I blew past 17 & 18. I get back to the parking lot, and sure enough, I was the only one there. Bottom line: I don't know what it was, supernatural or what, but it got me all worked up.
[/quote]

any chance of it being a squirrel? it would blend in with the leaves and would run up a tree if you came looking for it

The only bizarrely supernature thing I've ever seen on the course was last Sunday on #17 at Landa Park Municipal (475-yard par-5) when I stuck a 220-yard approach shot on the green with a 4-hybrid. There HAD to be supernatural intervention occurring, because my swing isn't capable of producing that shot if the laws of nature and physics are left to their own devices. After the shot, God showed his disapproval of my being on the course instead of in church by making me leave the eagle putt five feet short, run the birdie putt two feet past, and ultimately three-jack for par.

Other than that....you people are freaks who let your imagination get the best of you. There are no such thing as ghosts. ;)

[quote name='Boomermike' timestamp='1314456983' post='3523168']
The only bizarrely supernature thing I've ever seen on the course was last Sunday on #17 at Landa Park Municipal (475-yard par-5) when I stuck a 220-yard approach shot on the green with a 4-hybrid. There HAD to be supernatural intervention occurring, because my swing isn't capable of producing that shot if the laws of nature and physics are left to their own devices. After the shot, God showed his disapproval of my being on the course instead of in church by making me leave the eagle putt five feet short, run the birdie putt two feet past, and ultimately three-jack for par.

Other than that....you people are freaks who let your imagination get the best of you. There are no such thing as ghosts. ;)
[/quote]

lol, supernatural intervention and god. then you say there are no such thing as ghosts. you're funny

I once saw a redtail hawk grab a crow right out of the air and land on the ground on top of it to kill it and eat it. All the other crows were making a terrible racket and then they came down out of the trees and attacked the hawk, but it was too late for their friend. But they weren't going to let their buddy get eaten right there in broad daylight. It was like Wild Kingdom.

Taylormade Qi10 9*, GD AD-VF 6X
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade P790 4i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

LOL, I had seen something similar, except it was a red-tailed hawk pouncing on a goose. The goose was sqawking away but the hawk had its talons in him. This was greenside near a pond and I went over with my putter in hand to try and scare the hawk off the goose but all he did was try to fly away with the goose....couldn't...but he managed to half fly-drag the goose away from me. I even went so far as to poke the hawk with the butt end of my putter and he just squawked back at me and didn't release the goose which was still squirming around. After seeing the size of the talons, I figured, heck, the goose wouldn't survive anyway and left for the next tee thinking Darwin was right (law of natural selection). Saw the same thing with a rabbit (not on a golf course) and went up to it and all it did was drag it away without releasing it....I was standing there 3 feet away screaming to release the bunny, but it wouldn't. I never would have thought hawks had such perseverence with a potential danger (me) standing right over them if I hadn't witnessed these 2 events, which had me thinking...maybe I should be the one afraid?...... I guess they value their food.

[quote name='SheriffBooth' timestamp='1314469650' post='3523533']
I once saw a redtail hawk grab a crow right out of the air and land on the ground on top of it to kill it and eat it. All the other crows were making a terrible racket and then they came down out of the trees and attacked the hawk, but it was too late for their friend. But they weren't going to let their buddy get eaten right there in broad daylight. It was like Wild Kingdom.
[/quote]

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

I've got a video on my wife's iphone where we were hiking in the state park near our apartment. We walked off the trail to explore just a bit and stumbled on a redtail sitting on a dead log with a squirrel it had just caught for breakfast. That hawk wasn't going anywhere, just like you're saying. I was able to get right up next to it with the phone to take the video. Lot of confidence in that bird.

Taylormade Qi10 9*, GD AD-VF 6X
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade P790 4i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

I often take my family to golf San Antonio around Thanksgiving or Christmas to get a bit of warm(er) weather golf in during the holidays (compared to Oklahoma). I had just come off fighting Armadillos attacking my home lawn and had 'lawn roto-tilling' on my mind. We played one course in San Antonio, and one of the tee boxes was chewed up... I mean, the entire tee box....I first thought it was maintenance, but didn't see any temporary tee box, no signs or roped off area, then I thought 'holy cow, Armadillos!!' which made sense because the tee box was in great shape otherwise and didn't look like it needed any kind of maintenance tilling. When I finally got back to the shop I asked they guy "what size are your Armidillos down here....looks like a bunch of 80-pounders attacked your tee box".... he laughed and said, oh, that one.... it was due to Javelna's (spelling?...some kind of wild pig-like creature)....they tear up a lot of turf, much more than Armadillos.

[quote name='ben w' timestamp='1314386284' post='3521549']
. Now I hear the crunching a little bit louder, coming towards me. I could tell you that I'm a tough-guy, fear nothing, blah blah blah; but that would just be an anonymous guy ranting on the internet. Let's just say that I'm equipped to handle myself. Now my adrenaline is pumping, and I'm ready to go hand-to-hand (more like putter-to-hand) with whatever is coming towards me. So I spin around, and the crunching stops. I've got an absolutely clear view of the area, and there is nothing there! (Right now, recalling this, I'm getting chills up my spine). I take a few seconds to assess what's going on, and I'm both curious and scared. I go to the cart, and get my weapon out of my bag. Dead silence. No wind. I have to know what is going on, so I walk down into the hollow where I heard the noise. I spend 2-3 minutes looking around, and there is nothing there, no chance of anything hiding. I feel better about things. I start to walk back to my cart, and when I'm almost out of the hollow, I hear the crunching kind of moving parallel to me. I decide that I've had enough, and I run full-tilt to my cart. My heart is pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I get in my cart, get on the gas, and bail. I must have looked over my shoulder 300 times as I blew past 17 & 18. I get back to the parking lot, and sure enough, I was the only one there. Bottom line: I don't know what it was, supernatural or what, but it got me all worked up.
[/quote]

my vote is an armadillo, those things make a huge racket and rarely are seen because they're in the dense brush. I had a similar experience to you and that's exactly what it turned out to be.
[/quote]

GHIN Index 12.9

[quote name='bulls9999' timestamp='1314710551' post='3529623']
I often take my family to golf San Antonio around Thanksgiving or Christmas to get a bit of warm(er) weather golf in during the holidays (compared to Oklahoma). I had just come off fighting Armadillos attacking my home lawn and had 'lawn roto-tilling' on my mind. We played one course in San Antonio, and one of the tee boxes was chewed up... I mean, the entire tee box....I first thought it was maintenance, but didn't see any temporary tee box, no signs or roped off area, then I thought 'holy cow, Armadillos!!' which made sense because the tee box was in great shape otherwise and didn't look like it needed any kind of maintenance tilling. When I finally got back to the shop I asked they guy "what size are your Armidillos down here....looks like a bunch of 80-pounders attacked your tee box".... he laughed and said, oh, that one.... it was due to Javelna's (spelling?...some kind of wild pig-like creature)....they tear up a lot of turf, much more than Armadillos.

[quote name='ben w' timestamp='1314386284' post='3521549']
. Now I hear the crunching a little bit louder, coming towards me. I could tell you that I'm a tough-guy, fear nothing, blah blah blah; but that would just be an anonymous guy ranting on the internet. Let's just say that I'm equipped to handle myself. Now my adrenaline is pumping, and I'm ready to go hand-to-hand (more like putter-to-hand) with whatever is coming towards me. So I spin around, and the crunching stops. I've got an absolutely clear view of the area, and there is nothing there! (Right now, recalling this, I'm getting chills up my spine). I take a few seconds to assess what's going on, and I'm both curious and scared. I go to the cart, and get my weapon out of my bag. Dead silence. No wind. I have to know what is going on, so I walk down into the hollow where I heard the noise. I spend 2-3 minutes looking around, and there is nothing there, no chance of anything hiding. I feel better about things. I start to walk back to my cart, and when I'm almost out of the hollow, I hear the crunching kind of moving parallel to me. I decide that I've had enough, and I run full-tilt to my cart. My heart is pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I get in my cart, get on the gas, and bail. I must have looked over my shoulder 300 times as I blew past 17 & 18. I get back to the parking lot, and sure enough, I was the only one there. Bottom line: I don't know what it was, supernatural or what, but it got me all worked up.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

damn! had to google this thing. looks like it could eff up a tee box without breaking a sweat.

[quote name='StevenF' timestamp='1314438517' post='3522903']
Lol, shoulda just emptied your mag in the direction of the crunching.
[/quote]

Steven, that was awesome!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Hey, noticed you're from Raleigh.... the story I posted earlier (below) was the 2nd hole on the back nine of the RGA municipal course (goat track at the time, but for a graduate student, it was fine). Enjoyed my time in Raleigh back in the Valvano days (except for the 60 hr work weeks in school)... played Lochmere, RGA, loved the Cambell Univ course in Boie's Creek (reminded me of Augusta with all it's azealia's), Wil-Mar, Eagle Ridge, Cheviot hills.... none were that great, but me and my lab mates would take an afternoon off now and then and play....we cherished the times we would go play the Duke Univ. course. Visited NC the summer before last and unfortunately the WolfPack course wasn't yet open so we played the Duke course (can't believe how crowded the 'Triangle' has become) ....and played a few down by Southern Pines/Pinehurst (Tobacco Road was fun...crazy blind tee shots, but fun..liked 'waste areas' that you can drive your cart right up to the green (see photo)...even my wife wanted to go back there).

[quote name='SheriffBooth' timestamp='1314710340' post='3529620']
I've got a video on my wife's iphone where we were hiking in the state park near our apartment. We walked off the trail to explore just a bit and stumbled on a redtail sitting on a dead log with a squirrel it had just caught for breakfast. That hawk wasn't going anywhere, just like you're saying. I was able to get right up next to it with the phone to take the video. Lot of confidence in that bird.
[/quote]
[quote name='bulls9999' timestamp='1313528957' post='3493068']
Yea, one time in grad school, my wife and I played the local muni...typical late time of the day on a weekend...we're at a secluded par3 with pond in front that circled around the right side of the green. The approach to the men's tee was coming from over a hill, we got to the tee, I hit my ball, then we went close to the water where the lady's tee box was and then this 'thing' got up in the water directly in front of us, my wife screamed, i think I screamed like a little girl as well.... and it was this guy with a snorkel that was covered in algae/weeds that looked like the monster from the black lagoon. I don't know how long he was underwater, but we never noticed any major disturbance until he erupted out of the water.... We were asking ourselves that later.... like..."where did he come from?... how could he have been under that long and not notice him since I teed off first from up above and we walked down to the ladies tee?". You couldn't have paid me to jump into that water and this guy was cruising along the bottom of this stagnant pond like he was in some clean pool?...yuk....must have been one of those 'swamp people' they have that reality show about.
[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1313481698' post='3491048']
Just read a post from a few years ago about someone having the feeling of being watched while on the tee playing alone, and turning around to see an unmoving, faceless entity looking at him from the woods. Genuinely creeped me out.

So, anyone else have similar stories? Ever been in a situation on the course that simply scared you out of your wits?
[/quote]
[/quote]

GHIN Index 12.9

[quote name='Wiki-Wombat' timestamp='1313679887' post='3498875']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1313501442' post='3491441']
I swear the course I worked at was haunted. It is in Bristow VA and the land was originally battlefield for the civil war. Infact the whole area of Brentsville and Bristow were all civil war areas and had some serious battles. Numerous civil war artifacts have been found around the course when they were designing it and creating it, as well as the surrounding counties. Anywho, they have a manor house on the property thats been up since the 1800s and is creepy as all get out. I would have to fill the coolers in there before I go out to the course in the morning, and just about everyday the superintedant yelled at me because I would fill the coolers when I was done cleaning the tee boxes after the front 9 instead of before. I never had the nerve to tell him I refused to go in there until the sun was up since it was so dark and you have to walk through the great room then the kitchen in the dark before you get to a light switch, so I would make up excuses everyday about it. This was two years ago so I was 19,20 at the time and I would only go in there in the morning if somebody was already inside and had the lights on. Other than that no can do. One of the greenskeepers sleeps at the course and used to sleep in the bedrooms in the manor house until he had a ghostly experience with a period dressed woman and man. He sleeps in the trailer now. He wasnt scared by it, but just tells us "they are just trying to go home man". That show Ghost Hunters (TAPS) offered to come out and investigate the manor house while they were down the street at the old Brentsville Courthouse, but the GM declined thinking that it would take away from buisness as weddings and receptions are held there. Would have been pretty neat to see what they found. Eery stuff out there I tell you.
[/quote]

bristow manor?
[/quote]

Yup thats it!

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Ok, this is interesting if not strange.

I was playing a round at a local muni, and lost my divot tool. It really irritated me, as I liked it a lot. Well, a few weeks/months later, (I honestly cannot remember the period of time delay), but it was more than a week, I was fumbling around at my bag on the cart and something caught my eye down on the metal grate edge (this was a long time ago, and the carts all had metal grates under where bag base was. There I saw a divot tool, and it was the one I had lost previously. Small, straight, aluminum divot tool that said Cliff Chrysler Plymouth on it, an old local car dealership. Here it was, the same cart, nobody else had seen it, and I find it. That was strange for sure. I have barely used it since, it's like it's special or something, and I am afraid to carry it for fear I will loose it. Of course, also, the fact my Dad was in the car business sort of adds to the sentamentality of this item. So I need to keep it.

• 4 years later...

I wasn't on the course, or even playing that day, but was at a wedding at a course this summer. One of the other groomsmen and myself were in conversation in the hall right next to the bathrooms, and he had to go, so I was sitting on the bench in the hall waiting. As I was standing there, the women's bathroom door flew open fast enough that the door slammed against the wall, which is hard to make happen with the closing systems on the doors. The door stayed open for a few seconds, which again, doesn't happen when the doors close automatically, then it slammed shut, which again, would take a good amount of force.

Nobody ever came out though.. One of the bridesmaids came by a few seconds later and I asked her to look and see if anyone else was in there, and there was not..

I held my piss for the next 4 hours as i wasn't convinced that the entity was confined to strictly the women's bathroom.

[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1441689926' post='12279378']Wow, found this thread again after 4 years. Had fun rereading all the stories.[/quote]
This is my first time seeing this thread. Had to google Slenderman.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I hit 4 Hybrid to 4 feet one time from about 200 out, that was certainly unusual. At the course I usually play 15 has a cemetery along the entire right side, almost all fairway with next to no rough so I have sent quite a few errant tee shots slicing into there. Maybe if I piss the ghosts off enough they will start throwing my shots back out!

[quote name='Dent' timestamp='1441835588' post='12289616']
This isn't really supernatural but it's pretty creepy.

In the morning one of the staff went to the mens on course washroom and found the washroom covered in blood all over the walls, toilet, sink etc.

The police had to come in and investigate but nobody knows to this day what happened in there.
[/quote]

That IS creepy. And rather nasty too.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

I've played more than a few rounds behind animated corpses. They always seem to be searching for something and won't know you're there but if you try to shoo them out of the way like geese they get agitated and attack with a shuffling vengeance.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

My cousin found my uncle's ball and misplayed it 3 years later, at a course 50 miles from where it was lost. What a coincidence !!!!

Creepiest. I'm 17 and a guy passes away on the 9th green at our local muni and his buddies rush him to the parking lot to wait for the ambulance.

The four balls left on the green form a cross with the cup. 3 hours after this man had passed nobody had touched those 4 abandoned balls

PS coyotes killed a female hiker in Nova Scotia not that long ago

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

welp, not like i wanted to sleep tonight anyways

creepy-clown-train.jpg

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

[quote name='From_Parts_Unknown' timestamp='1313498774' post='3491327']
I'm confused. If it was faceless, how did they know it was looking at them? It could have been looking in the opposite direction.

[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1313481698' post='3491048']
Just read a post from a few years ago about someone having the feeling of being watched while on the tee playing alone, and turning around to see an unmoving, faceless entity looking at him from the woods. Genuinely creeped me out.

So, anyone else have similar stories? Ever been in a situation on the course that simply scared you out of your wits?
[/quote]
[/quote]

It was probably just a bald guy facing the other way while taking a whiz in the woods