Edel Golf Wedges and Putter Pics

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owned by Cobra? Might be Fowler's pick for next year wedge-wise ;)

9.0* Callaway Epic Flash w/ HZRDS Yellow
16.5* Callaway Rogue FW w/ Rogue Silver 70
21* Callaway Big Bertha Hyb
4-PW Callaway Apex 19 Irons w/ TT Elevate Tour
52* Callaway MD4 S Grind
56* Callaway MD4 S Grind
60* Callaway PM Grind
Odyssey OWorks Black 7S

Z Cord grips

Since the looks are almost exactly the same, I wonder how Edel will differentiate their wedges from James Patrick's wedges?

Cast instead of forged? Cheaper price point? No COG toe weighting? They have to do something different other than the groove pattern to make people buy these style wedges from Edel rather than James Patrick.

Those look awesome, I'm down with less stamping, but in general looks like a solid compact head. Makes me want to hit bunker shots with that 60. That Edel logo is very vokey-like though. Will these come to retail or at least availabe for us regular joes?

TM M3 9.5 PX HZRDS Yellow 6.0
Cobra F8+ 3 wood PX LZ Handcrafted 6.0
TM M1 5 wood PX HZRDS Red 6.0
Adams V3 23 degree Attas 85 gram
Adams 9031 26 degree C-Taper Stiff
TM RocketBladez 6-9 PX LZ 5.5
Cleveland 588 Special PW 49 degree
Fourteen LE 52 degree
Scratch Custom 56 degree
Fourteen MGrind 60 degree
MannKrafted Custom Blade

Was James Patrick originally involved in the design of these wedges in some way? That is his logo, is it not? That's an older picture from a few years ago I think. Anyway, I've had my Edel putter for around two months now and it's as advertised. The ball goes exactly where I'm aiming and it has greatly improved my putting. I'll be interested to see how the wedge fitting system compares to the putter fitting system.

[quote name='CTEagle' timestamp='1318863440' post='3682959']

Was James Patrick originally involved in the design of these wedges in some way? That is his logo, is it not? That's an older picture from a few years ago I think. Anyway, I've had my Edel putter for around two months now and it's as advertised. The ball goes exactly where I'm aiming and it has greatly improved my putting. I'll be interested to see how the wedge fitting system compares to the putter fitting system.
[/quote]

Link didn't work for some reason. Here's the photo I was referencing above:

I'm going to have to go and see Mike Adams for a wedge fitting. I'm assuming these will be expensive (not that they shouldn't be given the level of customization). Any idea on whether or not any part of the fitting cost can be put towards the wedges (or whether some basic fitting is included in the price of the wedge)?

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Mike Adams does the fitting for the Edel Wedges and putters in New Jersey.

I work at the club where Mike works. Good amount of our members have purchased these wedges and love em just as much as Edel putters they own.

Plus, if you have ever met Dave Edel is a real cool guy who will talk to just about anyone.

Awesome wedges. Look even better in person, if that is even possible.

Driver: Ping G400 LST LAGP Black Tie 60 X 
3 Wood: Titleist TS3 16.5* Diamana WhiteBoard 80 X 
DI: Callaway UT Forged 18* KBS Tour Prototype HB 95 S
Irons: Callaway Apex MB Raw (Tour Issue Wide Groove) 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110s Hardstepped
Wedges: Callaway MD4 52* 56* S Grind KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125 S | Nike VRS DS 60*(Hand Ground) Nippon Wedge 125 S
Putter: Bettinardi Short Kuchar Model

I like the look of Diego's wedge. The cool retro-car logo is nice too.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

As for me I don't care if JP makes the wedge or Edel makes the wedge what I do care about is when I go get fit for them that I am getting something custom fit for me that works for me. I was very skeptical about the Edel putters and didn't like the look of them when I went for the fitting and had made up my mind I wouldn't be buying one but wanted to go through the fitting and get my dimensions so I could have TP mills make me a putter. Well after 3 or 4 hours of going thru a putter fitting, I decided I would buy one and see if it worked. Well that has been over a year ago and I have no desire to buy another putter and I am hoping once I get a chance I can do the same with the wedges.

Diego must like those grooves, had them a week and has his best professional finish!!! How much fun is that?

Oh the truth comes out....can't get anything past the GolfWRX community. :cheesy: The ones done by JP were so much classier and the stampings and shape were better too. It's sad when someone has to steal an idea and try to claim it as their own, but it's ok....have fun with those ugly grooves. black%20eye.gif

It's good to see a troll account pop up yesterday and the first post be one to try and have the back of Edel. Ugly stuff can win Tournaments....Corey Pavin used the Cleveland VAS to win the US Open, but the point there, is those ugly designed clubs were an original design for Cleveland. While Mike Adams may be a good short game teacher, these designs were first put in place before he and Edel "came up" with them, as they were brought to the table when JP did their work. To say that these designs are original would be about as original as current Cleveland wedge designers claiming they invented the 588 wedge. :Schooled:

If Mike Adams wanted to go with JP Wedges he would have. He went with Edel because its a better product. You will see more and more tour players using the clubs. Sorry JP lost out but such is life. Get over it.

Diego must like those grooves, had them a week and has his best professional finish!!! How much fun is that?

Oh the truth comes out....can't get anything past the GolfWRX community. :cheesy: The ones done by JP were so much classier and the stampings and shape were better too. It's sad when someone has to steal an idea and try to claim it as their own, but it's ok....have fun with those ugly grooves. black%20eye.gif

It's good to see a troll account pop up yesterday and the first post be one to try and have the back of Edel. Ugly stuff can win Tournaments....Corey Pavin used the Cleveland VAS to win the US Open, but the point there, is those ugly designed clubs were an original design for Cleveland. While Mike Adams may be a good short game teacher, these designs were first put in place before he and Edel "came up" with them, as they were brought to the table when JP did heir work. To say that these designs are original would be about as original as current Cleveland wedge designers claiming they invented the 588 wedge. :Schooled:

If Mike Adams wanted to go with JP Wedges he would have. He went with Edel because its a better product. You will see more and more tour players using the clubs. Sorry JP lost out but such is life. Get over it.

It's good to see a troll account pop up yesterday and the first post be one to try and have the back of Edel. Ugly stuff can win Tournaments....Corey Pavin used the Cleveland VAS to win the US Open, but the point there, is those ugly designed clubs were an original design for Cleveland. While Mike Adams may be a good short game teacher, these designs were first put in place before he and Edel "came up" with them, as they were brought to the table when JP did heir work. To say that these designs are original would be about as original as current Cleveland wedge designers claiming they invented the 588 wedge. :Schooled:

Hey at least Roger Cleveland got paid for his ideas when he designed his wedges.... ....:busted2:

You are joking about Edel wedges being a better product, right? There isn't even a comparison in quality even just looking at the pictures you can see that. Yes. I will admit getting fit by a good teacher is important, but the product itself as pointed out from the pictures and discussed even at the PGA show is an attempted copy of JP wedges and then promoted as original designs. Just admit that Edel worked with JP and used his designs for themselves.

You are joking about Edel wedges being a better product, right? There isn't even a comparison in quality even just looking at the pictures you can see that. Yes. I will admit getting fit by a good teacher is important, but the product itself as pointed out from the pictures and discussed even at the PGA show is an attempted copy of JP wedges and then promoted as original designs. Just admit that Edel worked with JP and used his designs for themselves.

I'd like to re-emphasize that I've had nothing but positive experiences with Edel Golf and found their putter to be of the highest quality and craftsmanship. I wouldn't expect anything less from the wedges. As for JP's involvement, a simple google search (how I found that photo) will return plenty of articles that say he was working with Edel Golf on the wedges. Apparently that's no longer the case, so what happened?

What happened was, little did we know, in addition to putters Edel designed these wedges with the help of Mike Adams. Apparently they are wedge geniuses. I mean after all, they worked for 2 high-end clubfitting businesses specifically heading up the wedge customization areas. Did I also mention that they were tutored by Don White and have also ground and built a lot of wedges for Tour players in the past as well? Oh wait....I got that wrong....that was JP....not Edel or Mike Adams. Edel just benefited from JP "building" his wedges for the show. Golf is a game of honor and cheating is frowned upon....too bad businessman don't adhere to the same principles. :nono:

Awesome wedges!

Had a look at the Edel homepage and theyhave some really nice clubs. Can anybody tell me where I can buy the wedges? Couldn´t find anything...

Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1318997616' post='3691577']
What happened was, little did we know, in addition to putters Edel designed these wedges with the help of Mike Adams. Apparently they are wedge geniuses. I mean after all, they worked for 2 high-end clubfitting businesses specifically heading up the wedge customization areas. Did I also mention that they were tutored by Don White and have also ground and built a lot of wedges for Tour players in the past as well? Oh wait....I got that wrong....that was JP....not Edel or Mike Adams. Edel just benefited from JP "building" his wedges for the show. Golf is a game of honor and cheating is frowned upon....too bad businessman don't adhere to the same principles. :nono:
[/quote]

If they contracted him to build the wedges for the PGA show, how is that "stealing"? It would seem they hired him to perform a service, which he carried out. End of transaction. I still don't fully understand what happened, but it sounds to me like you have an axe to grind with Edel Golf. Do you have any proof to back up your so far unsubstantiated accusations? If not, it's pretty reckless of you to let your personal biases tarnish the reputation of a man and company who many hold in high regard. I regret bringing up that photo in the first place.