MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share pics of one MACHINE that was just completed and is headed to it's new owner :)

This is a 4.0 MACHINE M2A Converter with a 1018 Carbon Head, a 1018 Carbon Heavy Fat Back Flange and a shaft over stub hosel. This MACHINE was finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :)

The customer has the custom engraved Alloy Medallion and a Custom Engraved Damascus Medallion finished in our Rainbow Torch Finish :)

Enjoy the pics :)

Thanks

-Chris

MP_M2A_U_Bernecker_8ch.jpg

MP_M2A_U_Bernecker_8c.jpg

MP_M2A_U_Bernecker_8ad.jpg

MP_M2A_U_Bernecker_8f.jpg

MP_M2A_U_Bernecker_8s.jpg

MP_M2A_U_Bernecker_8c_LM_x2_Dama_RT.jpg

Hi Chris,

I am the new owner of this jewel. It look like I finally found perfection. I am feeling like a little boy, who is waiting for Christmas present. I cannot wait to hold this magic thing in my hands. Putting is best part of my game. I am using Yes Donna for a couple of years. But with this "thing" I am looking forward to lower my score. 8 days trainings camp are in front of me. I will spend 10 Hours every single day on golf course.

Weather forecast in Mallorca (beautiful Island in Europe) is good ..... it could not be better.

I will keep you updated and let you know results

I AM HAPPY partytime2.gifclapping.giftongue.gifyahoo.gifcrazy.gifbb.gifshout.gifpartytime2.gif

best regards

siiiii

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share a Custom MACHINE with you southpaws out there :) This one is fixing to head to it's new owner :)

This is a MACHINE M1A Fixer featuring a Solid Billet Copper Head and a 303 Stainless Twisted Long Neck Plumber Neck :)

Enjoy :)

Thanks

Chris

MP_M1A_B_Carlisle_Cu_8c_TwLN.jpg

Okay Guys.... I'm about to show you a MACHINE Work In Progress that is about to blow your socks off :)

This is a MACHINE Garage M1A Adjuster. It is actually the first 4.0 M1A Adjuster we made :)

This head features a 303 Stainless Head with Melted Bumpers, Hand Hammered Peening and Triple Sight lines. The neck is a Custom Triangular Fluted Hand Bent Hosel with Mini Hand-Lathed Door Knob Cuts :)

The Medallion in the Cavity is milled from Damascus and finished in a Custom Torch Finish :)

This MACHINE is about to receive a custom Golden Hour Antique Rainbow Flame Torch finish :)

More pictures as she develops :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_4pt0_K_Russell_WIP_17c.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Here's a Sneak Peek of a new Modular Center Shaft hosel we're carving out of a billet of 1018 Carbon Steel. I love the first milling operations when you can see the product being born out of the raw material. I also like the monolithic nature of this photo, and the almost MC Escher-like nature of the mill marks, and trying to figure out exactly what is going on...

More photo to follow as we transform the block into a new hosel option. Hope you enjoy!

Best,

-Dave

[attachment=896423:MP_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_WIP_Op1.jpg]

Nice one Dave. How do you say "kid in a candy store" in Texan? Looking forward to seeing other type hosels (or variations of current ones) and what else your new milling equipment can create.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Thanks B-Man! It is so much more fun when its just steps from my desk and workbench. I'm already dreaming about our next one (bigger, faster, more HP!!!). lol

In the mean time, this little puppy sure does a nice job. Attached are photos of the second op, in action "making chips" and after lopping off the back side (nested nicely in its dedicated soft jaws).

You might start to recognize this shape from a TIG welded prototype that went out on Tour last year, and a few lucky owners ordered as one-off's.

More to follow tomorrow!

Thanks,

-Dave

[attachment=896773:MP_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_WIP_Op2_hmm_r.jpg]

[attachment=896775:MP_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_WIP_Op2.jpg]

Thanks Chris!

Here's a photo of the brand new Modular Center Shaft-Over Hosel. As previously noted, we made a TIG welded prototype that was used by a prominent player on Tour. Now that we have our own CNC maching center in house, we can now mill new designs like these from scratch. These new hosels are very clean at address, and are simple and reliable to line up, as you don't have the hosel cup jutting out over the leading edge. We made a very limited initial batch in 303 and 1018 for anyone who is interested!

[attachment=902649:MP_M2A_5pt0_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_3c.jpg]

Also, I wanted to tell everyone about our newest Authorized MACHINE Custom Putter Fitting Center at Cool Clubs of Dallas / Ft Worth at the Hank Haney Golf Academy at The Lakes at Castle Hills Golf Club in Lewisville, Texas. Links to Cool Clubs and Hank's newest facility are as follows:

[url="http://www.coolclubs.com/dallasFortWorthLocation.php"]http://www.coolclubs...rthLocation.php[/url]

[url="http://www.hankhaney.com/Facilities/CastleHills.aspx"]http://www.hankhaney...astleHills.aspx[/url]

The teams there have done a terrific job with the facilities, the putter fitting studio is really cool, and the practice green is terrific! We are in the process of installing a full compliment of putters, components and Demo models, and will test prototypes and new designs with the pros, their students and guests. If you live or work in the DFW area, or come through on travel, be sure to visit this really cool facility and see our latest and greatest work while you are there! :) (call for appointments for fittings or lessons). Hope some of you can make it!

Thanks,

-Dave

Couple of questions:

-What is the difference in terms of feel and durability between the 303 SS and the 1018 Carbon? And which would you recommend?

-Dare I ask, how much would I be looking at approximately for a damascus?!

-Is the liquid sapphire finish available to the public and if so, what sort of upcharge is it and what metal can it be applied to?

Thanks!

[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1320286984' post='3752975']
Dave, with your new CNC mill, will you be able to make similar necks with different offsets? For example, a plumbers neck with 1/2 shaft offset? I really like the clean look of that "center" shaft!
[/quote]

Yes, we will be adding a plumber neck with a half shaft offset to the modular hosel options. Similar to the way we tested prototypes on Tour with modified cut and TIG-welded modular center shaft over hosels, we have been doing the same with the 1/2-shaft offset plumber necks. But now we can do all the CAD CAM in house and experiment much faster and more efficiently with many different shapes, amounts of offset, lengths, etc. You can probably expect to see this model for 2012, and in a new length or two as well. :)

[quote name='MPellow' timestamp='1320292798' post='3753285']
Couple of questions:

-What is the difference in terms of feel and durability between the 303 SS and the 1018 Carbon? And which would you recommend?

-Dare I ask, how much would I be looking at approximately for a damascus?!

-Is the liquid sapphire finish available to the public and if so, what sort of upcharge is it and what metal can it be applied to?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Thanks for your interest and questions.

303 is the most durable, and many customers believe ours is one of, if not the softest feeling around, due to the aggressive VMG grooves on our faces. There is less surface area contacting the ball, the grooves bite the surface of the ball and really feel soft, yet solid. 303 can be transformed by bead blasting, peening, scratching, with a torch, and other means, to change the color and brightness.

The 1018 Carbon steel is very soft yet solid feeling (more so than 303). It does require more maintenance though. Nickel plate is probably the most durable, followed by copper plate, but copper will tarnish (unless its treated with a dark patina or clear coat, which have their own unique maintenance needs). Hot Salts Gunmetal Blue finish is a great finish, looks beautiful, feels fantastic, but does need to be taken care of.

So, if you want looks and durability to go with a great feel, I would say either 303 in Morning Dew mist, Antique Charcoal (for a slightly darker and more interesting finish), on the lower maintenance side of the scale, or 1018 Carbon with Nickel plating on the best feeling side.

Our Damascus putters start at $1,250 for a M1A and go up depending on the number of Damascus pieces and other custom options.

We experienced some durability issues with the 3rd party supplied Liquid Sapphire finish, so we have decided not to offer it going forward (unless the supplier improves it to our satisfaction). It was applied only to Carbon steel putters.

Thanks again for your interest!

-Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.

To be honest I'm looking for a lifelong putter. Putter hoing is the one part of hoing that doesnt excite me!

So durability is key for me. Also something that will look stealthy with age rather than tatty (if that makes sense?)

Could you possibly post a pic of a morning dew finish and a antique charcoal finish for comparison?

To be honest I'm looking for a lifelong putter. Putter hoing is the one part of hoing that doesnt excite me!

So durability is key for me. Also something that will look stealthy with age rather than tatty (if that makes sense?)

Could you possibly post a pic of a morning dew finish and a antique charcoal finish for comparison?

Not for nothing, but I'm betting a MACHINE will be what you're looking for. My own MACHINE stopped my putter purchasing for over two years--a pretty big deal, given my personal "issues." :lol: The stainless putters are plenty durable, and with the right finish, develops an EXTREMELY nice "worn" look over time. Mine is stainless with a light morning dew satin and antique charcoal finish and looks better now than the day it first arrived. It doesn't patina, as stainless steel doesn't react with oxygen or whatever, but it wears beautifully.

The face milling too, is a huge draw. I know deep face milling is en vogue right now, but I personally detest it. It makes a putter look cheap in my opinion--just a fast pass through the flywheel, creating sharp points on the face that can make an otherwise awesome putter feel like mushy crap (again, personal opinion). MACHINE's milling, is different. The face is milled flat, then the vertical milled grooves are added--it'll feel softer than a flat/non-grooved face, but it still feels solid.

Here's some pics of mine:

GARBAGE02.jpg

GARBAGE04.jpg

GARBAGE12.jpg

:hi:

Thanks a lot for doing that Chris.

Both finishes look great but I would probably prefer something darker. Just been looking through the thread and 3 finishes stand out for me:

Antique Patina

Rainbow Flame

Hot salts blue gunmetal

Which of these would work well with the 303SS?

And my other question, with a standard plumbers neck what sort of face balance would I be looking at? I'd like 3'oclock or maybe face balance in an M2A converter with either beefy or fat back flange.

Machine does it again!!!

I wonder who is the genius with amazing taste that ordered this putter. It comes with one of every weight so It can be as heavy as 380g. The reason for that is because it has a second hosel exactly the same with a Belly shaft so this putter can convert back and forth with a turn of a wrench. Hand bent round hosels and heavy melting really smooth out this putter.

That is a serious looker, very nice.good.gif

Had a couple more questions I wanted to ask Chris by email but thought others migth like to know as well:

1. Can you put some photos up of the available grips and explain the performance differences?

2. Can you explain the benefits of the UST FF shaft?

3. Do you have accessories avaiable to the public ie. caps, towels, bags, markers etc and if so PLEASE post some pics!

4. And finally, and in all seriousness, how much would it cost to have this EXACT putter made up??

[quote name='weaver93' timestamp='1310081711' post='3373136']

[attachment=816815:DSC_7387_edited-1.jpg]

[/quote]

Not for nothing, but I'm betting a MACHINE will be what you're looking for. My own MACHINE stopped my putter purchasing for over two years--a pretty big deal, given my personal "issues." :lol: The stainless putters are plenty durable, and with the right finish, develops an EXTREMELY nice "worn" look over time. Mine is stainless with a light morning dew satin and antique charcoal finish and looks better now than the day it first arrived. It doesn't patina, as stainless steel doesn't react with oxygen or whatever, but it wears beautifully.

The face milling too, is a huge draw. I know deep face milling is en vogue right now, but I personally detest it. It makes a putter look cheap in my opinion--just a fast pass through the flywheel, creating sharp points on the face that can make an otherwise awesome putter feel like mushy crap (again, personal opinion). MACHINE's milling, is different. The face is milled flat, then the vertical milled grooves are added--it'll feel softer than a flat/non-grooved face, but it still feels solid.

Here's some pics of mine:

GARBAGE02.jpg

GARBAGE04.jpg

GARBAGE12.jpg

That is the nicest looking putter I have ever seen. So simple looking, yet looks sooo amazing. You are lucky to own this putter

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share some pics of a MACHINE that is almost complete and ready to ship to it's new owner :)

This is a Limited Edition MACHINE 4.0 M1A Adjuster with a Damascus Steel Head, and a Damascus Steel Plumber Neck. This customer wanted a Custom Sight Triangle on the topline and custom stamping on the neck :)

The Head and Neck have all been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :) The Damascus Medallion was given a custom Rainbow Torch Finish :)

-Chris

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14c.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14cha.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14ad.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14f.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14s.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14chc.jpg