Utah

MTM

I would add Soldier Hollow to that list as well. They have 36 there as well and are pretty good designs with a lot of different tee options to play from. If you want to come North 30 miles we could play the Ogden Country Club. It is a great track. Let me know if you are interested.

The only other must play from the list above is Valley View. Great track and pretty challenging.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm not from the area, but I went on vacation with my family a few years ago and got the chance to play from the black tees at Soldier Hollow Gold Course. Nearly 7700 yards and I didn't find it very challenging. None the less it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL course. Very well manicured, and just a pleasure to play.

I'm going back next year to play again with a few of my uncles (I'm 16) And looking to collect some money from them!

P.S appearantly it is hosting the 2012 public links.... not sure if I'm going to be able to get on it. =(

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ga_pike' timestamp='1309193987' post='3338866']
Bumping this thread guys... I'll be there next week. Playing the 6th, 7th, and 8th. Anyone want to play?
[/quote]

What do you have in mind?

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

My wife will be in education on the 6th, 7th, and 8th... so I'm on my own to play those 3 days. Would need to be back to the hotel by 4 on Wed and Fri and 2 on Thursday.

Just looking to see if anyone would like to play and may have suggestions on where to go. As a single, I noticed most places do not accept tee times in advance. I'll play as early as someone wants. I'm an 8HDCP but not overly serious. Just looking for fun and good scenery.

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

• 2 weeks later...

I could have used you today. We were short a player in a tourney in Logan at the country club up here but, that is a bit of a drive.

If anyone is ever wanting to play a round in Cache Valley, let me know. I really enjoy Birch Creek. Great course with great views. The country club was nice today. Sherwood wasn't in very good shape a few weeks ago and Logan River has 9 holes open but there's some extra water on some of those too. They're also building a new clubhouse.

[quote name='rhinol' timestamp='1310088729' post='3373403']
I could have used you today. We were short a player in a tourney in Logan at the country club up here but, that is a bit of a drive.

If anyone is ever wanting to play a round in Cache Valley, let me know. I really enjoy Birch Creek. Great course with great views. The country club was nice today. Sherwood wasn't in very good shape a few weeks ago and Logan River has 9 holes open but there's some extra water on some of those too. They're also building a new clubhouse.
[/quote]

I played the Logan CC last week as well. Good shape and a pretty fun little course. I also adore Birch Creek. Let me know if you want to get out at some point. I live just over the hill in Brigham City.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to add a little bit more to my intro...

I usually score high 70's to mid-80s. I really need to establish a true handicap. Just been lazy and busy with other hobbies. I usually play the SLC courses because tee times online are easy to make and most of the courses are walkable. I play often with my wife (of 15 years as of next month). I grew up in the suburbs if Pittsburgh. Went to college in Myrtle Beach, SC and lived in Charlotte, NC for 14 years before moving here for a job with eBay in 2007.

Other hobbies include road and mountain cycling, ice hockey, motorcycling touring, motorcycle track days, skiing, and smuggling quality beer into Utah -- I always have a good assortment of beer from New Belgium Brewery in my beer fridge.

[b][u]A QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:[/u][/b]
When I was in Charlotte, I played with the Amateur Golf tour there: [url="http://www.amateurgolftour.net/"]http://www.amateurgolftour.net/[/url] The director that runs the Charlotte group also created this tour. He's asked me to get this started in Salt Lake City. As a relative new-comer to Utah, I need opinions. Will this work here? My thought is to start this off next year with 8-10 tournaments, and grow it to 12-15 from there once the membership is deep enough to support more tournaments. So please offer up and opinions, ideas, pros, cons, etc. I'm certainly open to any ideas that can make this tour successful. I had a lot of fun playing it in Charlotte, and I think it's a great group to play with.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone interested in playing the Nightmare at the Pointe tourney this weekend (oct 29) at Thanksgiving Point Golf course. It is $45 per player 4 person scramble. It is a 10 am shot gun start. They call it the nightmare tourney because they put all the pin placements in the most difficult spots they can. $45 bucks for a tourney in any case is a good deal. Prizes to the top 3 teams along with long drive and closest to the pin. Me and a friend are planning on playing but we need 2 more players to complete our team. We are both 9-10 handicap so we'd like to find someone around our skill level. If you are interested PM me with your info and I'll get you added. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

[color="#444444"][size="2"]Hi everyone. Just passing some more information about the SLC Golf Week Amateur Tour. This is starting next year. I'm working with some courses and hoping to get 10-12 events for 2012.[/size][/color]
[size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size][color="#444444"][size="2"][left]Please check out my Facebook page and pass the word about this group. Should be a lot of fun next year! Let me know if you have any questions. [/left][/size][/color][left][size="2"] [/size][/left][left][url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/SLC-Amateur-Golf-Tour/207723969301225"]http://www.facebook....207723969301225[/url][size="2"] [/size]
[/left]

Park City Here by way of Massachusetts I also lived in the valley and like to play Wingpointe - The Dell (canyon) - Wasatch (both) - Soldier Hollow (both) and PC Muni

I use to play 3-4 rounds a week but I now have a 19 month old boy and a 1 month old girl so I am down to maybe once a week. I do get to hit a lot of balls at my house I have a couple mats and a net and I can hit full wedges to some pins I have set up in my yard they are 85 - 110 -130 yards. Good fun with a couple people and some beers and a bit of money on the line. I found this site on a google search regarding knock off R11's as I just bought one on Ebay on Tuesday but I am now stoked to maybe play with some of you and to try and play some of John's tournaments next summer. I have not played any stroke tourneys since High School and that was a long long time ago.

Here is my set up at my crib:

mat.jpg

range2.jpg

range1.jpg

Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
PING i230 4-U Recoil F4 Smac Wrap
Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"

Just found this thread, been on golf wrx for a while now, great to see some fellow Beehive State piasannos, I live in Twin Falls, ID now but get to Kaysville frequently (my Mom still lives there), grew up there and went to the U for undergrad. We also have a house in St George for long weekends so any of y'all that live in either South or Northern Utah give me a contact # and when it warms up just a bit would love to get together. If any of you have heard of Blue Lakes CC in Twin Falls it is a true hidden gem in the Snake River canyon not far from where Evil Knievel tried his ill fated jump. Will try to post some pics and if there is interest maybe we can set up a visit (again when it warms up)

• 2 months later...

I moved to South Jordan in August and play South Mountain most times I head out, but am open to pretty much anything if someone is looking for a partner. My index is 15.1, but hopefully heading lower again as I get some practice time in this year with the move behind me.

TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S

TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
Srixon ZX5 4-AW - Nippon Modus3 105 R
Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid - DG Spinner
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
Titleist Pro V1
Arccos Gen 3 sensors

• 1 month later...

[quote name='MTM' timestamp='1154974511' post='256466']
Nobody else?
[/quote]

Was raised in SLC and moved to Hood River in 87. Learned how to golf at Willow Creek CC back in the early & mid 60's. Really liked that course and I think it was Hidden Valley out past point of the mtn. Back then if you were a member of the Ft Douglas Club you could golf there. Good old "Bonnie" and Mt Dell, always liked those courses. Gotta say the SLC is the only place where I've seen greens fee for good munie courses less than here in Portland Or. May be some day I'll come back for another visit.

I graduated from Judge Memorial, went to the U and graduated from Weber St. I liked Ogden better than SLC.

• 2 months later...

I'm in West Jordan, just a hop, skip, and jump from Mountain View. I've been in the southern part of the valley most of my life. I shoot from the low to mid 80's, haven't bothered to get a handicap in years.
If it has grass on it, I'll play. I don't have a home course, per say. I just go where my clubs point me.

Look forward to having the opportunity to meet up and play with a few other locals.

• 2 months later...

I am also in Utah. Live in Ogden. Been trying to play some of the SLC county muni courses as they are way better than where I am originally from. Best course I have played Round here is the Hill AFB course. Longer than most around here, but really enjoyed Old Mill. I really want to play the Jack Nicklaus course in Park City though, but I believe it is über private though. I am always lookin to play with new people though. Let me know if you any of you wanna get together.

• 10 months later...

I am actually traveling to Park City for a family get-together starting this Saturday. Any suggestions for courses as well as anyone that might want to play? I'm always up to meet GolfWRX brethren when I am traveling!

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...