MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Updated DAILY!!!
Happy New Year Everyone!

Edit: 11-21-09

The team at Golfwrx has been very kind to allow us to consolidate and reorganize a couple of our threads into this Picture Thread, so it can serve as our main thread for all things MACHINE.

For those new to our work, you can see and learn more at the following archived threads:

Early spy sightings of some of our putters in Golf Digest, and the run up to our first release:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...=63407&st=0

1st Release MACHINE Putters Picture Thread:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...=63407&st=0

Dogleg Right / MACHINE Putters website:

http://www.doglegright.com/

FYI, here are our main contacts:

DB MACHINE - Dave Billings, designer, maker, Pres. & CEO, (and head fisherman).

choeppner - MACHINE Putter Representative (aka - most amazing, talented and hard working putter rep in the world!)

[email protected] - Libby Coleman is our VP of Operations, and can help with anything you need!

Our toll free number is:

877-835-9652

Now, back to your regular programming:

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am considering reviving some of my earlier HOG putter designs and would love to hear some of your comments and opinions (we may even do a poll later on this with some other designs to vote on).

Anyway, here is what I am considering adding to the line for other base models:

The putter on the left was introduced as the HOG 1006E Tour Milled model. I also made two prototypes with the morphed Superline designs and technologies.

The prototypes pictured are milled from 12L14 carbon steel. The 6E on the left is double nickel plated and frosted.

The raw (rusted) 6E head on the right has a proprietary and customizable surgical stainless double walled shaft over hosel stem (welded combos also available).

>>>

The putters on the right of the frame, in black oxide and gunmetal are the HOG 1005D. I received a design patent for this design, US #D430,633. This putter design has been used by three Hall-of-Fame golfers, and went 2nd, 1st, 3rd in one stretch on the Champions TOUR.

Both putters will be slightly update with our VMG face mill, new logos, and some other "tweaks" as well as all the other complementary technologies, custom options, finishes, etc., etc.,

I am running late for the Cowboys game (go Boys! please?), but will try to get back with some more information and answer any questions later this evening and before the New Year!

Look forward to you thoughts and appreciate all your time and considerations.

Thanks!

-Dave

Wow..all these pics make me, ummm, antsy perhaps would be the appropriate term, sort of like a 6 yr old sitting on a chair in the living room staring at his favorite TV show but he has to pee but thinks he can hold it until the commercial by sitting this way, then that way, now the left leg goes here, and if I slide meself over here and hurry up and get to the commercial anyway. I really like the mallet-ized styles. Yes , yes I do. Is it the third week in January yet?

I get the feeling I am going to have to keep working, even at night, and on a holiday, just to try to feed you guys' insatiable appetites!

Fortunately, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface on my own personal endless creativity (insanity)...

Dang, my wife is all dressed up and yelling at me to come to the New Year's party - fortunately its' accross the street, so I might be able to sneak home later and post a few more pics. Wish me luck, but don't hold your breath either.

Cheers! :drinks: :drinks:

-Dave.

I get the feeling I am going to have to keep working, even at night, and on a holiday, just to try to feed you guys' insatiable appetites!

Fortunately, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface on my own personal endless creativity (insanity)...

Dang, my wife is all dressed up and yelling at me to come to the New Year's party - fortunately its' accross the street, so I might be able to sneak home later and post a few more pics. Wish me luck, but don't hold your breath either.

Cheers! :fool: :)

-Dave.

Dave,

HAPPY NEW YEARS from Arizona, as well.

If you are really going to be that busy..........you may need a hand..............how is the housing market in Dallas? LOL

I am looking forward with a grin from ear to ear!

Best of All in 2007!

Just curious as to how the interchangeable parts affect feel. How do they compare to a putter milled from a single piece of steel? By the way, the putters look really nice and I bet they're a lot of fun to tinker around with.

Thanks

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs
TP Mills Custom Soft Tail

That is one Awesome putter, :) should I send you my address? :) Keep up the Fantastic work

Rich

Thanks Rich! Keep your address handy for when we launch and start our sponsorship here. Also, who knows, maybe that one or one like it will be in a give away contest... Thanks for the support!

Just curious as to how the interchangeable parts affect feel. How do they compare to a putter milled from a single piece of steel?

Thanks

Great question Tracys. Of course feel is subjective, but many players (including tour and other top professionals) say they like the feel of the softer carbon steel, copper, brass and alloy necks better than 303. Then again, others prefer the 303 for its firmer feel. For whatever it is worth, we had 9 of our 11 HOG wins on the major tours with a very similar modular hosel system (though not nearly as many options).

FYI, I also have experimental prototypes with Tig and laser welded hosel / head juncture, and other test putters with both mechanical (set screws) and epoxy bonds (in fact, that is the standard construction for the Transformers...

I personally like the softer metal necks, and think they feel incredible. Of course, our VMG face mill also positively affects sound and feel too, as previously discussed. And, by combining materials, we can offer some options not available anywhere else, in look, weight, set up, adjustability, customization, fit, finish and feel.

My current gamer is a M1-A in 303 with a pre-worn black gun-kote finish, and standard plumber hosel in aluminum bronze with melted shoulder and pre-worn antique bronze. Then again, I was playing around with a 1018 carbon steel M1-A “Garare” flat bottom in hand rubbed gunmetal blue with standard plumber hosel, in antique plumb brown finish, just a little while ago... Decision time on which clubs make it into my bag is very tough (so tough that often times I don’t even make it to the course, and end up making a new putter instead!). :crazy:

Also, parts like teh back flange components, internal weights and mallet rings are all designed with milled Delrin spacers, sleeves, washers, etc., so there is no metal-on-metal in these interchangeable components' assemblies either, so there are no rattles.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I will post some more teasers tonight.

Best,

-Dave

"Decision time on which clubs make it into my bag is very tough (so tough that often times I don’t even make it to the course, and end up making a new putter instead!). "

I have that same problem, but on a much, much smaller scale. Put a mill in my garage, teach me how to work it, and I can only imagine how long it would be before I noticed that my wife was gone, the dog was gone and the refrigerator was no longer stocked. HAHAHA!

Looking forward to seeing what is next on the platter.

LaMont in AZ

"Decision time on which clubs make it into my bag is very tough (so tough that often times I don’t even make it to the course, and end up making a new putter instead!). "

I have that same problem, but on a much, much smaller scale. Put a mill in my garage, teach me how to work it, and I can only imagine how long it would be before I noticed that my wife was gone, the dog was gone and the refrigerator was no longer stocked. HAHAHA!

LaMont in AZ

Now THAT is funny! LOL!

Attached is another close up of one of the hand hammered finishes, as I received quite a few PM's asking for these. The head pictured is a M1A in 303 stainless, stubby hosel, hand hammered peen on the shoulders and front cavity, with a light dew (mist) on the topline and tops of the bumpers, back cavity also with a slight melt on the corners.

I sometimes like to think of the hand hammered peen as "hail damage." We don't get much "snow" here in Texas, but we do get more than our fair share of hail and sleet! One of my ways of having a little fun... :crazy:

I have some new putters on the CNC and others at the platers, and will try to send some more sneak peview pics soon. -db2

Dave,

I have been watching this thread from Day 1, looking at your incredible putters, and building in my head a list of features. Something like this :

M1-A Machine putter, 303 stainless/aluminum bronze, hand-hammered peening, polished highlights, bead-blast dew finish, stubby neck, melted shoulder, with the VMG facemilling, maybe some custom stamping.

So then you post this :

"Attached is another close up of one of the hand hammered finishes, as I received quite a few PM's asking for these. The head pictured is a M1A in 303 stainless, stubby hosel, hand hammered peen on the shoulders and front cavity, with a light dew (mist) on the topline and tops of the bumpers, back cavity also with a slight melt on the corners."

HOW DID YOU KNOW?

You are killing me, I can't wait to get one of these putters

Cleveland Classic 290 9*Miyazaki C.Kua S
Callaway S2H2 BBWB Deuce & X 4W
Adams Idea A7 PNT 19* 3H & 22* 4H
Adams A4 Forged 5-PW
Adams A4 Forged GW,SW,LW
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 34"

LaMont in AZ

Sounds like a country song that Daly might sing on his reality show :)

Proud Walking Golfer
What's in my Ping Moonlite bag:
Ping G425 LST 9* X 65g Tensei Orange
TaylorMade Sim2 15* X 70g Tensei AV Raw Blue
Ping G410 Hybrid 19* X 80g Tensei Blue
Ping iBlades red dot 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 54M 1* flat ProjectX 6.0

Titleist Vokey Raw SM4 TVD 60M 1* flat Tour Issue DG S400
TaylorMade TP Maranello 8-02 “Rossa” 34.5” w/black IomicX

All:

Thanks for all the great comments on the mill marks. I'll show some more close ups of more marks in the future.

Tonight I thought I would change it up a little and show what a courier brought to me today: our first shaft bands for the MACHINE Putters.

Note the sequential serial numbers...starting with 000001. This and COA's from the start should help identify putters, now and down the road. Not every manufacturer would or does put sequential numbers on their products, but I have done this with older models and have always been really glad I did.

Prototypes, Garage, test models, testers and tour putters will all get the lowest numbers, followed by customs, (in various levels as they are bought) and finally, retail. I'm making these in relatively short runs and will change them as the product lines evolve and also change.

When we go live we will start taking orders and all the previous dibs will be duly noted!

Thanks again for everyone’s interest!

Cheers! :drinks:

-Dave

Pretty neat idea with numbering the shaft bands. Just a little food for thought...will you be able to order duplicate numbers in the future when restoring a putter for a customer (replacing the shaft band to original)?

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck