Ust V2 Proto

easyyy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shaft is definitely worth a try. In a word, smooth. Coming off of a Speeder 757, this was a $200 downgrade, but I must say, the Speeder is not going back in. I picked up a tour van UST Proto which is labeled at 76 grams and a XX flex or TX which it is called by UST. With a 115mph SS I was a little nervous thinking this thing would play like a board. Completely the opposite! This shaft is smooth feeling, and for me, I get much better carry than the speeder. The low torque and XX flex combine to be the one of best shafts I've ever hit, and I've hit most of them. The trajectory is piercing. Much lower than the 757, but enough to get good carry. I love the launch angle. Despite being an XX, I gained yardage over the Speeder. The Speeder gave me a very high launch that would sometime catch the wind and either stop or go anywhere. The UST proto hits on a much more controllable trajectory. It doesn't feel too stiff at all and has a nice smooth kick at impact. It is no wonder that so many pros are switching to this shaft even though they have so many other $$$$ exotic options at their disposal. Give it a try, I'm glad I did. For the price, you can't beat it.

rate and review. Anyone have a Pic?

40544[/snapback]

I am an 8 who had this in a Sonartec SS2.5 at 14* and then installed in an Adams Ovation 15*. Shaft was a standard stiff flex at 98-101mph clubhead speed when i got on the launch monitor after the driving range. Launch angle was adequate at 14-18 * but just got too low of a ball flight. Weird. The end result was a very low ball flight in both and a lack of feel. I personally didn't care for it and went back to the Graf PL Blue in both and got back my control and mid ball flight. I haven't tried in a driver but after my work in the fw woods didn't care to try.

I guess this is good for a high-ball hitter like me. Even though the UST specs say medium launch, I will say this is low launch for sure.

I am an 8 who had this in a Sonartec SS2.5 at 14* and then installed in an Adams Ovation 15*. Shaft was a standard stiff flex at 98-101mph clubhead speed when i got on the launch monitor after the driving range. Launch angle was adequate at 14-18 * but just got too low of a ball flight. Weird. The end result was a very low ball flight in both and a lack of feel. I personally didn't care for it and went back to the Graf PL Blue in both and got back my control and mid ball flight. I haven't tried in a driver but after my work in the fw woods didn't care to try.

40709[/snapback]

If im correct Titleist will be using the proforce V2 as a stock shaft in any 905 series driver that is made starting in October.

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

retail 75 stiff................... smooth,accurate and the ability to go at it!! tight as a drum and easier to load than say the 757.

Have also hit the diamana and can't believe a $300 shaft and be compared to a 70.00 shaft.

Mercedes S500 vs. Acura RL.................100 grand vs 40 and similar preformance :idhitit:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After all the hype surrounding this shaft and the long cold winter nights of waiting for the 905r to be released. I finally got to hit this combo. Not only this combo but all the stock 905r options and on the titleist launch monitor outdoors! Going into the demo session I knew I wanted the 905r but thought the V2 would not even come close to the right shaft for me - especially at 75 grams. My current driver is a ping SI3 10* graff Blue stiff. I wanted something with a bit of a kick but I was fully prepared to let the fitting pro and the Tittleist monitor pick my next rig based on the best numbers. I didn't think a shaft with a 2.2 torque rating could feel as good as the V2. I thought for sure it would feel boardy especially at 75grams. BUt that was not the case. It kicks much more than the Blue which is 2.8 torque. The fitter recommended the 75gram version because it would allow for a more controlled swing. It has a nice smooth controlled kick. Basically I ended up ordering a 905r 10.5 degree V2 75gram Regular flex. The flight was penatrating, straight, and further than the rest. The shaft also has a very nice matte finish that I never noticed from the web pics I've seen. I completely recommend this shaft! You must give it a shot.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

i finally got to play mine this weekend.. in a sq max 10.5*. a 55g v2 proto

smooth is the word.. reminded me of my diamana i had. but cheaper. i am thinking about putting one in my sq tour.

the 55g has a torque of 3.7* and it was perfect. perfect trajectory and feel.

i was very suprised. it played like a much more $$$ shaft.

• 1 month later...

i also got a v2 proto XX flex...however, i think the shaft is crap...but then again, i am in the minority on thinking the diamana sucks too. This v2 shaft everyone says they are surprised that it doesnt feel "boardy", its because this shaft might have the softest tip on the planet. typical ust offering...all hype...and nothing but a soft tip in the end...very disappointed.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I've never liked UST since that horrible ProForce Gold shaft came out. It was unfeeling, boardy, and just plain horriffic!

I didn't pay any attention to anything else they came out with since then. I then started seeing more and more people talking about a V2. I couldn't imagine that it would ever get any better than the Gold. But I kept reading more and more people who said that they were playing it or would try it based off of good experiences.

I needed to reshaft a 3 wood that I had just gotten and my clubmaker had a V2 lying around. I believe it was 76 grams at 2.2 torque. The feeling was great! I compare most shafts to the 757 as it is my favorite. This thing flat out performs. The launch was a tad lower for me than the 757, but I FINALLY had a boring flight. I've never had that type of flight with ANY shaft I've tried. My ball usually gets up really fast and stays high but never balloons. This thing is boring and high. I highly recommend this shaft, not because it's "cheap" but because it performs!

Nike Vr Pro Limited 8* w/Matrix Black Tie 6m3
Nike Vr Pro Limited 15* w/Matrix Black Tie 7m3
Nike Vr TW Blades w/TT X100
Nike Vr Pro 54/58 w/S400
Nike Method Matter B1-07

• 9 months later...

Ladies and Gentleman,

I have a UST V2 3 wood shaft. It is 66 grams and is a stiff shaft. The shaft is too soft for me, but it is a great shaft to put in your 3 wood if you have a smooth tempo. The shaft retails on golfsmith for 69.99, however the price is negotiable. Please sent me a message if you are interested.

thank you

edg624

• 1 year later...

I have the PROTO that GCH22 talks about playing in my Cobra S9-1 Pro-D right now, 85x V2s in my 3 and 5 woods, and a tour 100x in my hybrid; so V2s across the board in all of my woods and couldn't be happier. Such a great family of shafts. For a cheaper shaft, I find that this is THE premier bargain shaft on the market, hands down. I think the fact that a pro as mainstream as Steve Stricker plays these in his woods as well shows that they are no joke. For the money, I would not play anything else.man_in_love.gif

I have the PROTO that GCH22 talks about playing in my Cobra S9-1 Pro-D right now, 85x V2s in my 3 and 5 woods, and a tour 100x in my hybrid; so V2s across the board in all of my woods and couldn't be happier. Such a great family of shafts. For a cheaper shaft, I find that this is THE premier bargain shaft on the market, hands down. I think the fact that a pro as mainstream as Steve Stricker plays these in his woods as well shows that they are no joke. For the money, I would not play anything else.man_in_love.gif

Im the same as you with ascending weights from driver,3 wood through hybrid (see sig).

Been with the V2 for years,and love them to bits,tried others but always gone back.

Oh....and for what its worth: "For the money these cost you COULDNT play anything else "!

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

just picked up a 69xx proto to throw in my 983e head, looking to tighten up the dispersion a bit. 292 CPM seems like alot, especially in a bore through but hopefully I can bring it enough to get it airborn haha.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options