All Things Ohio Golf

hazebronso

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1323116909' post='3895623']
[quote name='golfballz' timestamp='1323114724' post='3895447']
Any other WRXers play at Golf Club of Dublin, west of Columbus?
[/quote]
I almost played there when I was in Colombus for a summer baseball tournament but that probably wouldn't look good whacking golf balls around on the day of one of our baseball games. Kinda wish I would've now after the fact.
[/quote]

You definitely should man - great links course!

[quote name='golfballz' timestamp='1323141307' post='3897711']
[/quote]
I almost played there when I was in Colombus for a summer baseball tournament but that probably wouldn't look good whacking golf balls around on the day of one of our baseball games. Kinda wish I would've now after the fact.
[/quote]

[/quote]

A links course with water hazards on 17 of 18 holes ?
:russian_roulette:

[quote name='tjy355' timestamp='1323194319' post='3899945']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That is just brutal! Haha

Boulder creek is absolutely fantastic. As is Fowlers Mill.

I'll play either anytime, please be considerate though, i will need at least 30 minutes notice. :clapping:

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1323360633' post='3910781']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Love the course, though

High school and college in Michigan and recently moved to the Cleveland area a few years ago and trying to make it home. Courses I have found here that I play most are Shale Creek, Pine hills, Grey Hawk and Fowlers Mill. Private CC that a play is Canterbury, as my business partner is a member. Courses I miss in Michigan are Shepherds Hollow, Black Heath, Pine Hills and really miss the golf dome off I75 in Auburn Hills near Great Lakes crossing mall.

Thanks for the post a few back on the Cleveland area golf dome! Gonna hit that when I am on the east side for sure!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1323392074' post='3913677']
Boulder Creek...

Has anyone played there? I really want to play there sometime next season. Maybe we could get a foursome together and play there sometime next spring or summer.
[/quote]

Boulder is a great layout. It reminds me of some myrtle beach courses but with more elevation change. It plays a little shorter than the listed yardage because most of the tee's are elevated. They usually have a deal for $35 for 18 and cart after 3pm.

Also you guys might want to check out Ellsworth Meadows in Hudson. It was remodeled a couple of years ago and is a great track now!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1323517605' post='3919925']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1323392074' post='3913677']
Boulder Creek...

Has anyone played there? I really want to play there sometime next season. Maybe we could get a foursome together and play there sometime next spring or summer.
[/quote]

Boulder is a great layout. It reminds me of some myrtle beach courses but with more elevation change. It plays a little shorter than the listed yardage because most of the tee's are elevated. They usually have a deal for $35 for 18 and cart after 3pm.

Also you guys might want to check out Ellsworth Meadows in Hudson. It was remodeled a couple of years ago and is a great track now!
[/quote]
Ellsworth Meadows is on my list of places to play next season. I've looked on their website a couple times and it looks like a really nice track.

[quote name='break80consistently' timestamp='1323110119' post='3895085']
[quote name='Carolina Golfer 2' timestamp='1321651286' post='3819711']
I will be in the Cleveland area the first weekend of December. I'm guessing by then I'd be better off bringing my ice fishing gear instead of the clubs?
[/quote]
Did you bring your sticks to Cleveland this weekend? It ended up being a pretty decent weekend for golf, considering it is December. I played 18 Saturday at Good Park in Akron and would have played Sunday before the rain, but had a free ticket to the Browns game.
[/quote]

No I didn't. But you're right Saturday was entirely playable, very nice for December in Cleveland. However once it started raining on Sunday afternoon It didn't stop untill I left on Tuesday.

Sunday I went to the game but left before halftime. Had great seats behind the Raven's bench but even with a very good ski jacket, I was pretty wet. Made it back to the hotel in time for most of the second half.

One thing I will say about my visit to Cleveland and the stadium. You guys seem to be great passionite fans, that feel even more disgruntled and discouraged about the Browns than us Redskins fans :)

I was listening to some Cleveland Sports Talk show on Monday and the host was going through the list of cities that have less hope than Cleveland (football team wise) and the only one he said that came close was Washington. I couldn't disagree to much on that.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Im from the Youngstown area. Any info on leagues/tournaments this season!?

Also. Ive played Boulder Creek. My friend and I took advantage of the twilight special, 35 with cart after 3pm ( I HATE riding). The course was in immaculate shape. Tons of scoring opportunities by means of short par 4 and 5's. The Par 3's are, admittedly rather tough. However number 17, is a par 3. It's somewhat of a semi island green. What a beautiful hole. Also number 18 is absurdly hard, from the tees my friend and I played it was like 600+ I layed up, TWICE! haha. made bogey though :) It was something like driver, 3wood,8iron, SW, putt,putt haha. I did, however, find myself hitting hybrid/2 iron stinger off a lot of par 4 tees. Fun, very well kept course!

I play Kennsington rather often, matter of fact an old high school friend works in the proshop. My friend and I like it there a lot. Love the lay out. He and I are have exactly opposite play styles. I lay up and play for par on most par 5's and he is a John Daly type player who goes all out. This course fits both of our eyes. Again, tons of scoring opportunity's coming by way of short par 4's and 3's. There is a great par 3 with a goat located to the left side of the hole. Also, I find myself hitting 3wood on a lot of these par 4's to leave myself with a full shot in rather than hitting driver being at an awkward distance and guess with a SW.

NE Ohio Golfers! Be sure to check out this thread: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/553813-small-group-of-wrxers/"]Click Here![/url]

Looking to get a foursome together to go around and play some of the top public courses in the area! We'll be playing Fowler's Mill, Boulder Creek, Kennsington, Windmill Lakes, and a couple others! Should be a good time and since we'll limit it to a foursome, we can be very accommodating as far as scheduling our tee times!

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1323360633' post='3910781']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Its funny I actually hate the Golf Club of Dublin. There are alot better value public courses in Columbus than GCoD. It used to be really nice but when I played there in September it was pretty damn beat up. The course is also pretty poorly managed. I may play there once a year but thats it..

Personally I'd rather play Northstar, Winding Hollow, hell even Delaware golf club than Golf Club of Dublin.

My favorite public course in town (well relatively in-town) is Cook's Creek. Unfortunately the maintenance has gone way down hill since Northstar opened. Not sure how closely tied management is of the courses so it may just be a transcendence. Personally I think Cook's is a blast of a track.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I'm checking in from the Dayton area and transplanted from Illinois. I'm up for any interstate competition and can travel, so let me know who, where and when and I'm in.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1324051584' post='3948095']
Hopefully the "un-snowy" weather is here in the spring so we can get an early start to the golfing season!
[/quote]

haah we've got quite a ways to go before we can consider it 'unsnowy'.... Most of the large snows in Ohio happen in Jan/Feb. Mother Nature still has plenty of time to get rowdy.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='Hifade' timestamp='1324054257' post='3948295']
I'm checking in from the Dayton area and transplanted from Illinois. I'm up for any interstate competition and can travel, so let me know who, where and when and I'm in.
[/quote]
Bring it! :partytime2:

Haha, we'll have to get something planned for next season!

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1324070895' post='3949521']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1324051584' post='3948095']
Hopefully the "un-snowy" weather is here in the spring so we can get an early start to the golfing season!
[/quote]

haah we've got quite a ways to go before we can consider it 'unsnowy'.... Most of the large snows in Ohio happen in Jan/Feb. Mother Nature still has plenty of time to get rowdy.
[/quote]
Yea, and unfortunately for us golfers, I've heard this winter is gonna be one of the worst we've had in a while. Not looking like it yet, but it's still early like you said.

I have played Ellsworth a few times since they remodeled it. It is a nice layout and conditions are really good. I used to play my high school golf there when it was named "Big Springs". I won the club championship when i was 15 years old!!!! The back nine is now the front nine and it has not changed a whole lot. The new back nine has 4 new holes I think and is great finishing nine.

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

[color="#ff0000"][/quote]
[/quote]

Its funny I actually hate the Golf Club of Dublin. There are alot better value public courses in Columbus than GCoD. It used to be really nice but when I played there in September it was pretty damn beat up. The course is also pretty poorly managed. I may play there once a year but thats it..

Personally I'd rather play Northstar, Winding Hollow, hell even Delaware golf club than Golf Club of Dublin.

My favorite public course in town (well relatively in-town) is Cook's Creek. Unfortunately the maintenance has gone way down hill since Northstar opened. Not sure how closely tied management is of the courses so it may just be a transcendence. Personally I think Cook's is a blast of a track.
[/quote]
[/color]

[size="2"][b]I would agree that Cooks and NOrthstar may be better maintained... But with the Membership to GCoD through the Arnold Palmer Mgmt company, GCoD is WAYYY more affordable than any of the others you mentioned. PLUS I live 3 minutes from GCoD![/b] [/size]

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1324170304' post='3954247']
I have played Ellsworth a few times since they remodeled it. It is a nice layout and conditions are really good. I used to play my high school golf there when it was named "Big Springs".[b] I won the club championship when i was 15 years old!!!! [/b] The back nine is now the front nine and it has not changed a whole lot. The new back nine has 4 new holes I think and is great finishing nine.
[/quote]

Uhh, Joes on my team!

Actually No I haven't played there. it's truly AMAZING how this thread has opened my eyes to the number of courses that are within and hour or an hour and a half that I have not only never played, but never even heard of.

I am very very excited for next season already. I really hope to take my game to the next level. I have started a nutrition plan, I am working out more than I did last winter (which means working out at all) and i am commited to hitting the golf dome at least weekly for the next month/6 weeks then more as we get closer to the season.

Snow sucks

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1324172119' post='3954377']
[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1324170304' post='3954247']
I have played Ellsworth a few times since they remodeled it. It is a nice layout and conditions are really good. I used to play my high school golf there when it was named "Big Springs".[b] I won the club championship when i was 15 years old!!!! [/b] The back nine is now the front nine and it has not changed a whole lot. The new back nine has 4 new holes I think and is great finishing nine.
[/quote]

Uhh, Joes on my team!

Actually No I haven't played there. it's truly AMAZING how this thread has opened my eyes to the number of courses that are within and hour or an hour and a half that I have not only never played, but never even heard of.

I am very very excited for next season already. I really hope to take my game to the next level. I have started a nutrition plan, I am working out more than I did last winter (which means working out at all) and i am commited to hitting the golf dome at least weekly for the next month/6 weeks then more as we get closer to the season.

Snow sucks
[/quote]

I plan on hitting the dome once I can start swinging the clubs again(left shoulder surgery this coming Monday). Maybe we can meet up and hit a few in a couple of months?

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1324183586' post='3955103']
Any of the guys in Cincy know of any golf dome or heated ranges nearby? I'll be just outside Cincy in Loveland for New Years' and would love to get some swings in while I'm down there.
[/quote]

Indoor dome? Dude you will be in Cincy! Just wake up in 2012, shake off your hang over, hop in your car and drive south until you see an open golf course! :clapping:

EDIT: I just realized you aren't even 21 so there will be no hangover to contend with right?

Absolutely Joe, I live 5 minutes away from it. Anytime you are back to full strength. Good luck with your surgery. LISTEN to your Dr and Physical therapist. no cheating! I have something going on with my right shoulder. I get a pain when i move it certain ways and it's making me nervous. I did hit yesterday and swinging didn't bother it i just hope this is no harbinger of things to come.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1324215449' post='3955739']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1324183586' post='3955103']
Any of the guys in Cincy know of any golf dome or heated ranges nearby? I'll be just outside Cincy in Loveland for New Years' and would love to get some swings in while I'm down there.
[/quote]

Indoor dome? Dude you will be in Cincy! Just wake up in 2012, shake off your hang over, hop in your car and drive south until you see an open golf course! :clapping:

EDIT: I just realized you aren't even 21 so there will be no hangover to contend with right?
[/quote]Haha...ugh...maybe...:blind::D

I'm going with the rest of the family so maybe I can snag the car for the day since we're not driving seperate.

Speaking of domes......I'm shocked that I can't find a single dome from Dayton to Cincy to Columbus. Having relocated to the Dayton area from Chicago 2 years ago where we had at least 5 domes, it's pretty depressing around here.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X