2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

DEC. 20 CHAT WITH TAYLORMADE (Read what TMag replied to all of your questions pg 12)

HipCheck

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I late to teh party? Will you be making a special tool to clean out the slot on the RBZ's when it gets full of dirt?

Taylormade Qi10 9* HZRDUS 70 6.5

Titleist Tsi2 15* Tensei RAW Blue 75X

Titleist Tsr2 21* Tensei Black 85 TX
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Titleist SM5 50.12F, SM6 56.14F, 60.08M
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

Thank you for your time. After everything that was said I think I am most excited to try the rbz irons. I think they will be a good fit for a lot of people. I also I can't wait to get an rbz 3 wood to test. Exciting stuff..... Thanks again. Zach

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I would like to thank those taking the time to answer my question from Taylor Made. While 20 yards seems like a stretch, I will certainly look at the rbz when it finally releases. Thanks to this site for the opportunity to ask questions and actually get the answers!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I admit that I was kind of against getting some new TM woods next year. But, after reading all the replies and watching videos of the R11s and RBZ fairway woods, I must try these.

Thanks for your time Taylormade.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1324429882' post='3968287']
I admit that I was kind of against getting some new TM woods next year. But, after reading all the replies and watching videos of the R11s and RBZ fairway woods, I must try these.

[/quote]

Where are all the replies? I haven't found what TM had to say today?

[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1324430728' post='3968359']

[/quote]

[/quote]

They answered in "white ghost" ink and members were given a code to type in at the start so you would be able to see the answers. This way, other OEM's could not spy on the chat...you must have missed that part.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1324432450' post='3968557']

[/quote]

[/quote]

They answered in "white ghost" ink and members were given a code to type in at the start so you would be able to see the answers. This way, other OEM's could not spy on the chat...you must have missed that part.
[/quote]

So there is no way to see it at this point?

[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1324433285' post='3968667']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Teasin ya bro.........it started on page 18 or so......just check the date and the time and you find out were. TM explained how they were answering questions, plus TM is a member of this site so you will see there screen name

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1324433857' post='3968735']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Teasin ya bro.........it started on page 18 or so......just check the date and the time and you find out were. TM explained how they were answering questions, plus TM is a member of this site so you will see there screen name
[/quote]

OK. Thanks!

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1324410921' post='3966887']
[quote name='bu11dog' timestamp='1324410802' post='3966867']
I'm a low ball hitter.

Will the new fairway woods be easier for me to get off the deck?

What is the range of lofts that will be available?
[/quote]

Yes, the CG being moved forward will help you position the fairway better at impact and noticeably get the ball up in the air. Easier to hit high and long than any fairway wood we've ever created. The standard RBZ fairway will be 15, 17, 19, 21 and 24. The Tour version will be 13, 14.5 and 18.

- TO
[/quote]

I know this chat is over but does anyone know what the difference between the standard RBZ fairway and the tour version is?

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1324410730' post='3966849']
[quote name='evoviiiyou' timestamp='1323811042' post='3934465']
What is the static head weight difference in the R11 440 headed driver and the R11S 460 head?

What is the shaft length of the RBZ 3 wood, and 5 wood?

Will there be a 4 wood offering in the RBZ line?

Will there be new wedge line offering for 2012?

Why is it better for the MWT ports to be closer to the face than towards the rear of the club head like in the R9 Super Tri head?
[/quote]

[size=2]R11 and R11S head weights will remainconsistent, approve 206-208 gr[/size]

[size=2]Shaft length of RBZ 3 wood is 43.5”. measuredon the USGA ground plane ruler, which corresponds to what our tour playersbuild. 5 wood is ½” shorter.[/size]

[size=2]There is no 4 wood, but the will be a 3HL-17.This club is a 3 wood head/length etc, but with more loft and should be easierfor golfer to identify this as a better option. Since the 3 wood is the hardest club to hit for almost all golfers,adding loft greatly improves this performance and we expect it to be a bigseller. As a percentage of sales units,a Burner 2.0, 4 wood will sell about1/15 the unit volume of a 3 wood, while a 3HL is predicted to sell about 1/5the units of the std 3 wood. [/size]

[size=2]There is some slight confusion in the Burner2.0 line with a 4 wood naming and most golfers don’t pick the proper one.Additionally the #4, does not do well in asia, so it is limiting in sales. [/size]

[size=2]There will be a 4 wood in the R11S fw family.[/size]

[size=2]New ATV wedges will be very successful in 2012.[/size]

[size=2]From a weighting standpoint, dual frontweighting provides more ballspeed, than a 3 weighted head with the heavy weightin the back. -TO[/size]
[/quote]

Sounds awesome and thank you for the comprehensive responses to my questions. I will certainly get the R11S, and hit the RBZ 3HL and 5wood to see which one fits my needs for yardages. Looking forward to also trying the ATV wedges. Certainly looks like my trusty R9ST drivers days are numbered. Cant wait to try the new products and thanks agin for taking the time for this amazing QandA session. Cheers

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1324433857' post='3968735']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

HA

[quote name='Jeep1423' timestamp='1324412086' post='3967029']
While Speed was a constant theme in the Burner Line and optimization in every "R" Series since the R7, Guys with an aggressive transition that bring MORE than enough clubhead speed based on natural ability need more Stout and Heavier shaft options. For instance, in your TP offerings last year....you made the Project X Graphite available...the same shaft that was STOCK in other OEM Driver's...but only up to a 6.5 Flex, while another company (THAT I REALLY DON'T CARE FOR) Offered the Tour Issue Project X Offerings at no upcharge. Is this the case for 2012 as well? I'm still trying to figure my R11 out...I bought it with a PX 6.5 which has no lead to me playing a Project X 8A4 (Needed a 7.0 Flex)...I have heavier weights in the head and I'm still hitting it a bit high...in your professional opinion, will lighter weights in the head lead to a lower launch?

Avg. SS = 119 mph Ball Speed = 174mph
High SS = 124mph Ball Speed = 182mph
NOW, Those numbers mean nothing as I have ZERO Shortgame which causes my 11 Handicap...but fairways and limiting snap hooks always help!

Summed UP:

1. I can spin it like a top and need all the help I can get. Are you carrying heavier TP Options?

2. Do you find, for others like myself, that flight can be brought down by lighter or heavier weights with MWT?

Happy Holiday's and thank you so much for the time today.
[/quote]

lighter weights in the head for sure man cut a ton off those rpms

When are they announcing the winners?

Just let me know when you need m address TM so you can ship off my new RBZwink.gif

I have a love/hate relationship with golf.... I'm Married....

Driver: Cobra F9 9.0 Tensei Pro White 60 TX
3 Wood: Callaway XHot Pro 3 Deep 14.5 Tensei Pro Blue 80 TX
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 18* Tensei Pro Blue 90 TX
4 iron: Taylormade P790 Tensei Pro White 100 TX
5-PW: Mizuno 919 Tour Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue
53*: Taylormade Hi-Toe S400 Black Onyx Tour Issue
58*: Taylormade Hi-Toe S400 Black Onyx Tour Issue
64*: Taylormade Hi-Toe S400 Black Onyx Tour Issue
Putter: TaylorMade Tour Black Spider
Ball: Taylormade TP5x

[quote name='potuna' timestamp='1324448503' post='3969757']
What's the COR on this 3 wood? Oh and I want one for sure.
[/quote]

They answered that question in an earlier post. You'll have to search for it. But it was above .8. Much higher than the other OEM 3 woods.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

Here it is. I did the leg work...

The main differences are speed and playability.Other steel headed fairway clubs currently in the market have COR measurementsof .760 to .790 including those you have stated. Burner 2.0 measure about .790 while.RocketBallz measures .813. So from a speed perspective, the RBz fws are a stepbeyond anything available in a steel clubhead.

Playability is also improved vs conventionalfws, due to a revised CG location, which places the contact point and the CGmuch closer than current fairways in the market. -TO

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1324413117' post='3967143']
[quote name='lightningbolt444' timestamp='1324412415' post='3967065']
Will there be an R11 Superdeep option in the future? Or at least an ultra low spin offering? Also now that other companies are releasing drivers in black and white will TM be doing this with any upcoming models?

Thanks A ton for doing this. It is great to see the support that TaylorMade has been giving golfwrx over the past few years.
[/quote]

We don't have plans to resurrect the SuperDeep in R11 but the R11s is within 200 rpms of the SuperDeep. Every degree is about 300 rpms so by lower if you lower the loft by a degree you should achieve nirvana. - MF
[/quote]

A little late to the party, but this is great info!

Will the RBZ Tour be lower spin than the R11s?

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

[quote name='eegolf2' timestamp='1324501187' post='3972181']
Who won the 3 woods?
[/quote]

3 wood drawing is random and will be done soon. As long as TM answered your question, you are part of the random draw.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

I am disappointed TM is not responding in a white font drinks.gif

We tried. Take it up with HipCheck. -DC

Hip

Get with the program. Some white with lime shadowing would have been DIRTY !

PS I am a brand marketer and yet I seem to be in the majority on the name and colors.... I like both a lot.

Catchy and memorable and with clean / contemporary colours

ALSO ... the color scheme - will match up REALLY nicely to the original Season Opener tour bag I have in the man cave

see image friends.gif

Haha I just saw this. Stylesheets are a *****. :D

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar