Easyyy's WITB

Easyyy, take it EASY. My tones and opinions weren't nasty or unfriendly in any way. I had questions and you answered them. And if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry. But for me to open this thread and write flowery prose about how "great" your collection is and say "let me know if you ever get tired of ____" would be less than honest. If you only want ohhs and ahhs and adoration under your pics to make you feel better, I understand and I will accommodate.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='JaxGolfer1' timestamp='1324946484' post='3990177']
Easyyy, take it EASY. My tones and opinions weren't nasty or unfriendly in any way. I had questions and you answered them. And if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry. But for me to open this thread and write flowery prose about how "great" your collection is and say "let me know if you ever get tired of ____" would be less than honest. If you only want ohhs and ahhs and adoration under your pics to make you feel better, I understand and I will accommodate.
[/quote]

ummm, ehhhh, i mean....ummmmm.....so.....you are aware he is member #1 and ummmm, like, owns this site right? I don't care if he beats puppies with his clubs, he created a site for me to talk about golf all day. A little respect man! You don't go over to dinner to someone's mansion and tell them "hey man, a little excessive don't you think? Maybe you should give more money to charity". It's just a little bit rude ya know?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='JaxGolfer1' timestamp='1324899626' post='3988331']
This is actually [b]really sad[/b] to me. Like when I see commercials for the next [b]Hoarders[/b] show on A&E. Is there a First Tee program anywhere near your residence? Sure, you get tons of golf gear to review, which we all appreciate. However, since you can only play one set at a time, [b]why not give[/b] some of these sets to a First Tee type organization? If you've posted in the past something to this effect I apologize, but having all these clubs sit in a basement like they're old baseball cards is [b]ridiculous[/b]. Again, great work on the reviews, but this one I think is [b]a bit much[/b].
[/quote]

Easyyy, take it EASY. [b]My tones and opinions weren't nasty or unfriendly in any way[/b]. I had questions and you answered them. And if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry. But for me to open this thread and write flowery prose about how "great" your collection is and say "let me know if you ever get tired of ____" would be less than honest. If you only want ohhs and ahhs and adoration under your pics to make you feel better, I understand and I will accommodate.
[/quote]

You call him "sad"/"ridiculous", inferred that he has a mental health issue, and suggested he give away his collection.

Perhaps your not-nasty, not-unfriendly post was "a bit much," as you say? :)

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='Asleep' timestamp='1324947699' post='3990251']
[quote name='JaxGolfer1' timestamp='1324899626' post='3988331']
This is actually [b]really sad[/b] to me. Like when I see commercials for the next [b]Hoarders[/b] show on A&E. Is there a First Tee program anywhere near your residence? Sure, you get tons of golf gear to review, which we all appreciate. However, since you can only play one set at a time, [b]why not give[/b] some of these sets to a First Tee type organization? If you've posted in the past something to this effect I apologize, but having all these clubs sit in a basement like they're old baseball cards is [b]ridiculous[/b]. Again, great work on the reviews, but this one I think is [b]a bit much[/b].
[/quote]

Easyyy, take it EASY. [b]My tones and opinions weren't nasty or unfriendly in any way[/b]. I had questions and you answered them. And if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry. But for me to open this thread and write flowery prose about how "great" your collection is and say "let me know if you ever get tired of ____" would be less than honest. If you only want ohhs and ahhs and adoration under your pics to make you feel better, I understand and I will accommodate.
[/quote]

You call him "sad"/"ridiculous", inferred that he has a mental health issue, and suggested he give away his collection.

Perhaps your not-nasty, not-unfriendly post was "a bit much", as you say? :)
[/quote]

Its usually the guys telling others to donate more of their money/possessions to charity that donate the least. C'mon easyyy donate them to the First Tee of Jacksonville!!!

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[/quote]

Green eye- I thought you were gone. Didnt I ask you to leave my birthday party? Hey bud... this is my birthday not yours. I will hang around waiting till you post up your collection and piss on your parade. Just to let you know how sad your post was. I am here all happy and proud of my years of collecting and you come in and say..."but having all these clubs sit in a basement like they're old baseball cards is ridiculous." on Christmas night will cost you more than some attitude.

Now for the last time I will educate you...

If you had a stamp collection and I came in there and told you that you were ridiculous and you "should" since you never do, to redistribute your collection to those that might need some. ??? Say what?

I am a COLLECTOR of the best equipment we can play with. Collections are just that... the deliberate gathering of, in most cases, similar objects that tend to have scientific, historical, or artistic value. It is motivated by the desire for knowledge and for the satisfaction of specific interests. The objects people collect vary, including objects of material and spiritual culture (for example, manuscripts, books, coins, postage stamps, and works of art) and in this case golf equipment. Collecting involves the discovery, accumulation, study, and classification of such equipment, thus differing essentially from simple accumulation.

:)

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1324947526' post='3990243']
[/quote]

ummm, ehhhh, i mean....ummmmm.....so.....you are aware he is member #1 and ummmm, like, owns this site right? I don't care if he beats puppies with his clubs, he created a site for me to talk about golf all day. A little respect man! You don't go over to dinner to someone's mansion and tell them "hey man, a little excessive don't you think? Maybe you should give more money to charity". It's just a little bit rude ya know?
[/quote]

Thanks for watching my back, I will just delete all of his posts in he poops in here again ;)

Wait, did I miss something? You're donating all your old clubs to the First Tee? Well, it's about time. Can I get dibs on that lefty Phil Mickelson Odyssey proto blade? PLEEEEASE? :pardon:

Love the new pictures, Richard. Not sure why, but the milled B60 PING made you seems to shine out more than others. Maybe it's because your fancy-pants camera takes a better picture than mine. :tongue: Love the updates!

:hi:

[/quote]

Dude, this area of the forum is for photos and information of peoples equipment and collections. Why even come in here if you have no appreciation for it?

Whilst easssy's collection is probably the most impressive he's certainly not the only one with a large collection of clubs on here.

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324950972' post='3990507']
Yea sure am. Fist ones to go will be the set of MacGregor Irons I payed hard cash for with DW stampings. Then I will donate the Mizuno TN-87's I lurked on EBay for for 9 months and bought for 425.00. Sure I will. All over it.

I am trying to drink some tea and relax.
[/quote]

SERIOUSLY! Those are always the best clubs for the collection--the ones you've had to hunt for, stake out, sweat over, and over-bid for. I have a putter that I waited for FIVE years to get--original Black Satin Anser 4. When it came up, the anxiety was through the roof until I won it and it actually arrived. Never gamed it. It's not the most spendy or unique putter I have. But it's the one that required TONS of work to get. And I smile whenever I dust it off. :good:

:hi:

Yea sure am. First ones to go will be the set of MacGregor Irons I payed hard cash for with DW stampings. Then I will donate the Mizuno TN-87's I lurked on EBay for for 9 months and bought for 425.00. Sure I will. All over it.

Man for me there is something special about MacGregor irons. My dad always played them and I have his last set of blades. I don't think I'd ever be able to get rid of a set of MacGregors.

Now I just need to decide on what shafts to put in, not that I have the skills to hit them.

6355531675_2c3da5564b.jpg

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1324942455' post='3989905']
[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1324910446' post='3988569']
Where did you get the rack?
[/quote]

I think he and his son built it. It's somewhere in the earlier posts.
[/quote]

Yeah. Thanks. i saw that after I posted. I would like to have a set of plans to make my own.

Wow, just Wow! Is there another rack for Drivers/3wds etc? Love the basement shop, so much room.

TRS 3 - Ping Max 10k ?  Ventus Red TR 5s? - Ventus + Blue 5s? - TPT Nitro 17 Hi?

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
Mezz Max Armlock ~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1324955302' post='3990769']
Ok Easyyy, I have an assignment for you. I want you to pick your all time bag of all the clubs you ever owned. If you could keep 14 clubs, what would they be?
[/quote]

Yeah, second. I would love to know his all time favorite bag. Post that please!! It'd be pretty cool to hear that from someone with so much experience.

Easyyy - Thanks for helping me explain to the Mrs. why it's OK to have a backup set....and a 5th and 6th putter...and a 4th and 5th driver....and 3 sets of wedges...and 3 different types of hybrids...and a second bag...etc. etc.

Now how do I explain the third set of irons? Look honey....Easyyyy has 60 sets. A third for me is OK?

Seriously - awesome collection Easyyy.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

Richard...I have to chime in again after reading some of the above.

Thanks for sharing one of the most wanted to be seen collections in GolfWRX. I don't know how many times I've read in the forum people asking you to post your collection or name what you're currently playing. What many don't know is the ownership and the moderating team all have a common sickness if you could call it that. We have all treasured one club or another and have fanatically collected many clubs that may never see the daylight on the course but will always be available to waggle or stroke and stare at to bring back memories of the past like any personal treasure could.

I know I have been accused of much the same as you but the feelings in my collection are much greater then just a hoard of useless clubs laying around collecting dust. Many parts of my collection are what I grew up playing with and sadly parted with only to be sought out and repurchased as an adult. Also part of my collection, a R20 wedge that my grandfather used, an IMG putter that my other grandfather used and a beat up Pro Plat Mid Slant putter that my Dad used are my greatest treasures in my collection. They'll never see the course but just looking at them and touching them bring back some of the greatest memories of my life.

If not for this fanaticism of the "team", I don't think there would have been a GolfWRX so..thank you for sharing and thank goodness for GolfWRX. :drinks:

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324950972' post='3990507']
Yea sure am. First ones to go will be the set of MacGregor Irons I payed hard cash for with DW stampings. Then I will donate the Mizuno TN-87's I lurked on EBay for for 9 months and bought for 425.00. Sure I will. All over it.

[/quote]

WHAT? As much as I am for charity...that's like giving a Ferrari to a Driver's Ed Program.

How about doing a silent auction here on WRX and letting the us crazies offer up money that could be donated to the First Tee Program?

BTW - Thanks for sharing the updates to your collection. I always appreciate seeing someone's golf sickness. It makes my illness look so much more "normal". :crazy: