2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Hey fellas, just curious, what does the 1018 and 954 in front of the metal types mean?

1018 is the grade of carbon steel used to make the head out of.

954....no idearolleyes.gif

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

I checked the website maybe I am missing something, but I would love a specialized Machine headcover to go with my M6! Are there any options available?

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus TR Red 6S

Apex UW 17* AD-DI 7S 

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

ZX5 MKII 4-6 / ZX7 MKII 7-P Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-58

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

[quote name='xabia' timestamp='1325827219' post='4036077']
I checked the website maybe I am missing something, but I would love a specialized Machine headcover to go with my M6! Are there any options available?
[/quote]

Thanks for the post, and congrats on getting an M6! I apologize our website is not as up-to-date as it could be. We are constructing a new ecommerce site, and revamping our main site as we speak, so stay tuned!

Regarding specialized headcovers, we currently have several options, and new custom covers in the works. The first photo attached shows our standard blue headcover for 2012. It has an improved full length magnetic closure, and an improved tighter fur that doesn't shed lint like the old sometimes did. Sitting below the Blue cover is the new Custom White headcover, our initial Limited Edition for 2012 (only 100 pcs. made).

The second photo attached shows a Limited Edition in Gold that we did last year (not for the faint of heart!). lol I think we have a handful of these left.

Going forward, we are working with a couple of new suppliers, both here in the US to offer even more customization and new, unique and artful designs. Chris and I will be posting photos as we develop and introduce these new covers, and are eager to see what everyone thinks!

Thanks again for your support, and I hope you enjoy and make everything with your new MACHINE!

-Dave

[attachment=972361:MP_2012_Headcovers_x2_1a.jpg]

[attachment=972363:MP_M1Aa_A_Xu_Damas_15c_Ltd_ghc.jpg]

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share pics with you of a Custom MACHINE that was just shipped to it's new owner.

This is a 4.0 MACHINE M2A Converter with a 303 Stainless Head, a 303 Stainless Plumber Neck and a 303 Stainless Heavy Blade Back Flange.

The Alloy Medallion was first Black Anodized and then had the MACHINE Logo Engraved.

Enjoy

Thanks

-Chris

MP_M2A_Black_Ano_LM_R_Mullen_6c.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope that everyone had a great week :) I wanted to share pictures of a Custom MACHINE with you. We had a customer who really wanted to get his wife something different this Christmas and since she likes golf ( I know.... Lucky Man.. ) He decided a Custom Putter would be just the ticket.

This is a MACHINE M1A Fixer with a 303 Stainless Head and a 303 Stainless Plumber Neck. The Head and Neck were finished in Dave's Custom Torch Finish :)

As you can see, TONS of custom stampings. Word we got from the Customer is that his wife LOVES the putter :)

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M1AF_4pt0_XMas_MCB_11-12_20c.jpg

[quote name='Jodymac' timestamp='1326074774' post='4048147']
[size="4"]I had a GREAT time getting fit for a Machine and hanging out with Dave at the shop!!! The amount of time, detail, craftsmanship, and TLC that is put into these putters is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I am EXTREMELY HAPPY that I decided to get a Machine. :yahoo: [/size]
[/quote]

Jody,

Thanks for the kind comments. It was a pleasure meeting you, and really enjoyed working with you at the Studio, the Shop and at Cool Clubs at Castle Hills. I'm just sorry we didn't have enough time to go tee it up, especially with the weather we had earlier this weekend! Next time, here or there!

Thanks again for all your time. Talk soon!

-Dave

[quote name='blade_man' timestamp='1326075766' post='4048255']
[quote name='weaver93' timestamp='1325804126' post='4034305']
I think 954 is AlBz
[/quote]

Mark,
You know WAY too much about this stuff! LOL!
Text or call me tomorrow when you have time, my MACHINE should be here!! Wooohoo!
[/quote]

Shoot, I think Mark knows stuff about our putters that I don't even know! :)

I hope your MACHINE arrives safely, and that you really enjoy it! Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks very much for your support!

-Dave

Soooooooooooo, I had no idea that Machine was located in DFW??!?!

I'm that way all the time, I have family in Fairview/Allen.

I'm actually in the market for a new putter as well.

I'm seriously considering stopping by there, getting fitted, slapping down some green and running all the way home with my new Machine!

Being realistic though....how does the process work? Would I need to set up an appointment? I've never been fitted for a putter before.

[quote name='EmptyWallet' timestamp='1326090433' post='4049237']

I'm seriously considering stopping by there, getting fitted, slapping down some green and running all the way home with my new Machine!

Being realistic though....how does the process work? Would I need to set up an appointment? I've never been fitted for a putter before.
[/quote]

Thanks for your interest. Our shop is in Plano, so very close to Fairview / Allen! We currently recommend two local accounts for advanced fitting: Hank Haney Golf HQ at Vista Ridge in Lewisville (about 20 minutes away via George Bush Tollroad),

http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/VistaRidgeHHGHQ.aspx

and / or Cool Clubs at the Lakes at Castle Hills (at the Hank Haney Golf Academy - also in Lewisville:

http://coolclubs.com/dallasFortWorthLocation.php

http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/CastleHills.aspx

The Vista Ridge location has the SAM PuttLab fitting system, and Dwight Nevil is your go-to guy - He fit over 80 players on Tour with our putters, just for starters...

The Cool Clubs at Castle Hills uses a video system with 8 cameras, and Jonathan Weaver is the Manager and main contact for appointments.

Both locations require appointments, which is also the case if you want to come by the shop in Plano, especially with my travel schedule coming up with 2012 Tour season kicking off, PGA Show, etc.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any questions or how we can help.

Thanks again for your interest!

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1326119385' post='4049869']

[/quote]

Thanks for your interest. Our shop is in Plano, so very close to Fairview / Allen! We currently recommend two local accounts for advanced fitting: Hank Haney Golf HQ at Vista Ridge in Lewisville (about 20 minutes away via George Bush Tollroad),

[url="http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/VistaRidgeHHGHQ.aspx"]http://hankhaney.com...RidgeHHGHQ.aspx[/url]

and / or Cool Clubs at the Lakes at Castle Hills (at the Hank Haney Golf Academy - also in Lewisville:

[url="http://coolclubs.com/dallasFortWorthLocation.php"]http://coolclubs.com...rthLocation.php[/url]

[url="http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/CastleHills.aspx"]http://hankhaney.com...astleHills.aspx[/url]

The Vista Ridge location has the SAM PuttLab fitting system, and Dwight Nevil is your go-to guy - He fit over 80 players on Tour with our putters, just for starters...

The Cool Clubs at Castle Hills uses a video system with 8 cameras, and Jonathan Weaver is the Manager and main contact for appointments.

Both locations require appointments, which is also the case if you want to come by the shop in Plano, especially with my travel schedule coming up with 2012 Tour season kicking off, PGA Show, etc.

-Dave

[/quote]

Dave - Will you be at any of the Florida swing events? I would love to say hi to the machine crew.

[quote name='NWS Alpine' timestamp='1326120168' post='4049929']

Dave - Will you be at any of the Florida swing events? I would love to say hi to the machine crew.
[/quote]

Hi Nick,

Ken McDonald and I are still working to finalize our schedules. Ken should be at most, and I may join for one or two events, time permitting. I'll let you know ASAP, as I would love to finally meet, maybe even sneak in some golf and / or fishing!?

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1326081049' post='4048709']
[quote name='blade_man' timestamp='1326075766' post='4048255']
[quote name='weaver93' timestamp='1325804126' post='4034305']
I think 954 is AlBz
[/quote]

Mark,
You know WAY too much about this stuff! LOL!
Text or call me tomorrow when you have time, my MACHINE should be here!! Wooohoo!
[/quote]

Shoot, I think Mark knows stuff about our putters that I don't even know! :)

I hope your MACHINE arrives safely, and that you really enjoy it! Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks very much for your support!

-Dave
[/quote]

I am learning from the best!

Frankie....I shot you a text. I will try to call tomorrow to see how you like that Machine.

[/quote]

[url="http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/VistaRidgeHHGHQ.aspx"]http://hankhaney.com...RidgeHHGHQ.aspx[/url]

[url="http://coolclubs.com/dallasFortWorthLocation.php"]http://coolclubs.com...rthLocation.php[/url]

[url="http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/CastleHills.aspx"]http://hankhaney.com...astleHills.aspx[/url]

-Dave

[/quote]

Dave,

Thank you so much for the response. I'll be sure and schedule a time when I know I'll be in town for a few days. I'd love to get fit for a Machine!

[/quote]

http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/VistaRidgeHHGHQ.aspx

http://coolclubs.com/dallasFortWorthLocation.php

http://hankhaney.com/Facilities/CastleHills.aspx

-Dave

[/quote]

Dave

Are you doing anything for the show? Booth, demo day, outside demo, etc?

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

[quote name='JGalls' timestamp='1326170947' post='4054405']

Dave

Are you doing anything for the show? Booth, demo day, outside demo, etc?
[/quote]

Jim,

I will be attending, but we are not doing anything directly at the Show sites. With all the work in setting up our new in-house machine shop; building our new ecommerce site; getting the new models finalized, USGA approved and out on Tour; as well as (most importantly!) completing our customers' orders, there just wasn't enough time to also set up a booth at the Show this year.

However, I will have some new putters with me, and am looking forward to meeting our customers, fitters, vendors and friends, and having another great time at this historic and great gathering of everything golf! It will be my 20th Orlando Show I think?

Will you be attending? Send me a PM if that's easier.

In the mean time, Chris and I need to get some new photos up here!

-Dave

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1326212628' post='4055895']
Dave, I for one, would love to meet the man, the myth, the legend in person. Will be attending myself.
[/quote]

Mike, I really look forward to meeting you! I'll leave the myth and legend at the door. lol. Please send me an email or PM so we can coordinate?

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1326221451' post='4057847']
I wish I could make it this year, but unfortunately, scheduling conflict's prevent that :(

Hope everyone has a great time at the show :)

-Chris
[/quote]

Who will I get to hand carve the next fitting kit prototypes the night before the show?! You know we'll miss you (and your sherpa skills!). Don't worry, we'll send you plenty of brochures, SWAG and Doggie Bags. lol

[quote name='xabia' timestamp='1326222081' post='4057937']
Thank you for the info about the different covers. I will keep checking to see what you come up with next
[/quote]

Thanks for your interest!

[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1326236059' post='4059821']
Chris, has Dave made a mess of the shop milling those 1018 and 954 blocks yet? ;)
[/quote]

Not too much mess, but lots of sweet looking heads in progress. Sorry about the lack of photos today, had to leave early for my middle son's HS golf booster party at Top Golf. :)

More photos tomorrow I promise, including the new Limited Edition M10's in ISS, 1018 and 954. Damascus and some other surprises to follow!

Thanks everyone!

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

[size="2"]Hey Everyone, [/size]

[size="2"]Please see attached sneak peek photos of our new Thread Mill Grooves! (TMG for short).

The first photo shows four Prototype M2A Converters featuring the current range of Thread Mill Grooves that we have developed. We are using CNC machine tooling that is used to cut threads in bolts and screws, and using it in a new way to custom mill grooves in the faces of our putters, with exceptional precision and control through CAD CAM design, programming and machining. With these putters, the grooves will be custom cut to order!

These first four Proto Test putters start with TMG-20 (with a "Pitch" of 20 grooves per inch ) on the far left, followed by 24, 28 and 32 grooves per inch on the far right. These extremely precise, double-milled straight grooves produce a really remarkable sound, feel and roll. The optional pitch rate provides a softer feel and more bite from the deeper wider grooves shown to the left, to a firmer more responsive feel towards the right with the shallower, more closely spaced grooves. [/size]

[size="2"]The second photo below shows the new Thread Mill Groove up close on an Experimental M2A Converter head with a new custom triple milled Seismic Wave pattern and new Thread Mill Grooves. This is a combination of milling procedures, tools and machines. We start with a CNC shell milled face, follow that with a hand milling technique on the Bridgeport mill, followed by the Thread Mill Groove cut back on the CNC mill. What do you think?[/size][size="2"]

As far as I know, we're the very first to offer this type of custom option for the pitch, or number of grooves per inch. And you saw it here first![/size]

[size="2"]We will[/size][size="2"] be testing these with players here, at the local Hank Haney Golf locations, at Cool Clubs and some other select authorized fitters around the country, and on Tour as soon as we get USGA approval. Designed for anyone interested in improved sound and feel, and an exceptional true and precise roll on their ball. :) [/size]

[size="2"]Chris and I will be posting more photos over the weekend. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments![/size]

[size="2"]Thanks for your interest. [/size]

[size="2"]All the best, [/size]

[size="2"]-Dave[/size]

[size="2"][attachment=990927:MP_M2A_TMG_20_24_28_32_4x_Protos_ft.jpg]
[/size]

[size="2"][attachment=990949:MP_M2A_TMG_20_Seismic_Face Mill_Proto1_mcu_f.jpg]
[/size]